Oral Dhea

ral

ral

Awards
Just throwing this out there I'd like to hear some personal opinions, experiences and comments on Dhea. I know most people do not think highly about it and to be honest I wasn't too sure about it however I decided to give it a shot anyways. These are my stats: male, 41, lift 4 times a week I focus on heavy deadlifts once a week. Eat cleanish, work shift, 217 lbs, focus mostly on Thai boxing, lots of cardio too. No drugs no drinking just a regular family guy. I started taking 25mgs eod 2 weeks ago and these are the results:
-losing a bit of fat
-a little strength gain
-huge increase in sex drive.
-increase energy
-sleep 3-4 hours and can push through training still
Has anybody else experience this on Dhea? I work shift and under stress so I'm wondering if my cortisol is or was high

ral

ral

Awards
By the way I'm not on trt and no sides to report

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. Wonder how you feel on some andros!
That's cool how well your body responded it. Almost as if you needed it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just curious of why you think most people don't like DHEA? All research I did when I started TRT pointed to the fact you should add DHEA, pregnenolone and vitamin D3. The best approach would be to get blood work done to have your levels checked them go from there. Guys usually back fill DHEA then go on a maintenance dose.

ral

ral

Awards
I'm not in trt, I just wanted to see if it would have some kind of effect on general wellbeing, I know labs are important and I should do it but it's not as easy in Canada, at least where I am,. I have read many bad review and research for Dhea as a standalone I know guys on trt use it. I just wanted to see if it gave any results taking it all by itself in a small dose. Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it (both of u) I did my research but probably not as extensive as most guys here

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 41, I think you could definitely see a benefit.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DHEA does have a positive effect on wellbeing and energy. Pregnenolone helps also since it is the master hormone. Just like anything else, too much is not a good thing. If you begin having adverse side effects, cut back a little bit. But taking it the way your are should be fine.

pimppapa1977

Awards
Funny I am 38 and just started the same with similar results. I am actually thinking about going and getting my levels tested just to see

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I'm not in trt, I just wanted to see if it would have some kind of effect on general wellbeing, I know labs are important and I should do it but it's not as easy in Canada, at least where I am,. I have read many bad review and research for Dhea as a standalone I know guys on trt use it. I just wanted to see if it gave any results taking it all by itself in a small dose. Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it (both of u) I did my research but probably not as extensive as most guys here
I believe bad reputation of DHEA comes from its poor oral bioavailability. Do you take it sublingual I guess? DHEA is a negleted precursor hormone that can change a mans life, but even many doctors dont pay any attention. They just prescribe test and let you go.

By the way, it doest hurt to have an AI on hand like inhibit-e, as it will raise estrogen besides testosterone

ral

ral

Awards
Great point about the ai I was actually considering it , actually is not sublingual I couldn't find it I am honestly starting to believe that my body was running very low on Dhea and/or my cortisol is through the roof but I definitely feel a big difference I even got some aggression back. I'm hopeful to cycle for 2 months and go from there. I am really impressed. PIMPpapa I'm considering to bug my doc for test but I'm pretty sure it ll nowhere, when u start talking blood test to check ur test they assume u want to get a referral for trt and disregard u right away. I gotta say I feel pretty good.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Life Extension Dhea 25mg the "disolve in mouth" version is what I used to fight lethargy on ostarine cycle. But honestly there is no reason to switch as you are seeing results.

Have in mind that oral Dhea will favor testosterone raise than estrogen raise, while a transdermal version will raise estrogen significally. At least this is what I have noticed from observation

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Life Extension Dhea 25mg the "disolve in mouth" version is what I used to fight lethargy on ostarine cycle. But honestly there is no reason to switch as you are seeing results.

Have in mind that oral Dhea will favor testosterone raise than estrogen raise, while a transdermal version will raise estrogen significally. At least this is what I have noticed from observation
That is a solid brand and dose. DHEA, like any hormone can affect people differently. But, in my opinion and experience, it is worth trying.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The opposite.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
The opposite.
Really? Im no expert and I talk only from experience. I know you are a knowledgeable guy and I will not insist on that. Maybe transdermal version is more potent and the need for an AI is more frequent.

ral

ral

Awards
I haven't noticed any symptoms of high estrogen yet but it might be early to say yet.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really? Im no expert and I talk only from experience. I know you are a knowledgeable guy and I will not insist on that. Maybe transdermal version is more potent and the need for an AI is more frequent.
Oral DHEA will raise estrogen much more than a sublingual or transdermal route and it has to do with the way that it is converted and the liver pass. It essentially becomes less "stable" and will tend to become estrogenic. I don't know what people always talk about bioavailability, because it works orally, but also becomes less predictable. The chances of needing an AI or lowering the dose is higher when ingesting orally as opposed to other the other methods.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
If you feel it works at that dose, I dont see the need to adjust, until-if sides occur. All these things we are discussing are very user depended and there isnt a single rule that applies to everyone. Just watch for sides and learn to listen to your body

ral

ral

Awards
I'm planning on staying with this dose 25 mgs eod actually it's like 3 times a week weekends off. The 2 things I notice a huge improvement is in sex drive, is there all the time nowadays, energy and I even would say strength I added an extra set and 1 extra rep to my deadlift. I heard so many mixed reviews that I decided to try it for myself and share and discuss it with everyone, so far I'm impressed/surprised with what I see

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any added benefit or indeed preference for combining DHEA with pregnenelone?

Given pregnenelone can lead to increased DHEA wouldn't this be overkill particularly in terms of estrogen increase? Also is taking pregnenelone a better route to boosting DHEA and T. I've read conflicting views. Don't mean to hijack the thread.

ral

ral

Awards
Hijack away buddy, the more we share the more we learn. I am under the impression that if u just take Dhea is a more direct way meaning preg converts to Dhea

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
All I know pregnenolone is made of cholesterol and converts to all the other hormones, DHEA, testosterone, estrogen, cortisol. Its like the master precursor hormone

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
If you are deficient in dhea why taking something that converts to dhea and risking higher estrogen and progesterone conversion and not take dhea in the first play. Without bloods we are just assuming

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The primary reason for taking both is because they each have their own benefits. Pregnenolone is the strongest memory booster available and helps with concentration and the "alpha" feel. On top of that, it is an incredible energy booster. DHEA helps with energy as well, but also libido, skin health, muscle retention, and mood. On top of that, pregnenolone converts to progesterone, which is important, and DHEA cannot.

You need them both to get full benefit.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As i understand it pregnenelone primarily converts to DHEA and progesterone. Conversion to estrogen is primarily via DHEA not pregnenolone. DHEA is the parrnt hormone for testosterone and estrogen. Dr ray sahelian claims pregnenolone has a more postively acute effect on the central nervous system.ie superior for memory enhancement. Also ive read Preg is more orally available than DHEA reducing risk of high estrogen sides which can come from tsking high doses of DHEA. He does make a case for PRT combining DHEA and preg in older people plus possibly testosterone. But my hunch would be to start of with preg and add the other hormones if required

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If someone were to only want to use one (no idea why that would be), then pregnenolone would be the one to use.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The primary reason for taking both is because they each have their own benefits. Pregnenolone is the strongest memory booster available and helps with concentration and the "alpha" feel. On top of that, it is an incredible energy booster. DHEA helps with energy as well, but also libido, skin health, muscle retention, and mood. On top of that, pregnenolone converts to progesterone, which is important, and DHEA cannot.

You need them both to get full benefit.
Thanks. I was just writing my post when you posted. I suppose my lingering concern is the potential risk of higher estrogen levels that could arise from combining both. What is a prudent dose if youre taking both and is an AI recommended to combat potential high estrogen sides?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is really individualistic to be honest. As there is no way to control how the conversion takes place, some people will experience the sides more than others. This can be mitigated by using the lowest dose necessary and taking it sublingually or transdermal. I personally have been taking both for years and only saw some sides initially when I was loading and that was combated by dropping the amount I was taking. An OTC AI might be wise if you are someone that is prone to experiencing this.

ral

ral

Awards
I might try to add preg I got some sublingual at home but if that's the case I'd like to have some ai handy just in case. I do remember a few years back a friend gave me a prescribe combo of preg and Dhea I think I was like 34 or so. It was great for strength and recovery. No sides at all

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kisaj you hit the nail the head when you say experiences are indvidualistic. Im thinking of running 10mg preg + 10mg DHEA + formeron EOD for 4 weeks and then running labs. The best advice ive gleaned out there is to test regularly when running hormonez such as these.and Dont want to play russian roulette with my health given the variability of experiences ive come across.

ral

ral

Awards
I gotta start looking for a place that do labs around here I only know 1 but they put everyone on trt and they are very expensive I guess they have the expectation that u will become a client

ral

ral

Awards
I will keep updating as I go, by the way I added an extra set of 3 reps to my max don't know if it the Dhea but I take it anyways

ral

ral

Awards
Ok just finished 4 weeks, 25 mgs mon wed fri, weekends off. Results are:
-increased deadlifts from 1 rep max to 3 reps for 3 sets. (I figure is a good way to measure strength)
-lost 1 lbs of body fat (I'm eating a bit cleaner too)
-improved sense of wellbeing
-increase in aggressiveness, nothing crazy but the edge is there
-huge increase in sex drive better election quality.
-more positive out look
-lots more energy.
No sides other than a little oily skin but nothing crazy.
I'll give it a few weeks break and then reassess. Oral seems to working pretty good.

Camaro1

Awards
Chuck Diesel
I think the answer to all their issues is pretty simple here.
Diesel Test Procycle V2 all in one and one for all. Can't beat it!

Bigbank1401

Bigbank1401

Awards
Well I'm 39, stronger than I was when I was working out in my twenties, can still man handle the weights. I took a product called Diesel test that contained dhea and all I can say is beast mode. Not only did I have more energy and strength, I also put on more muscle. So I'm a fan of the stuff. Kinda had me acting a little young for my age, and more aggressive.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok just finished 4 weeks, 25 mgs mon wed fri, weekends off. Results are:
-increased deadlifts from 1 rep max to 3 reps for 3 sets. (I figure is a good way to measure strength)
-lost 1 lbs of body fat (I'm eating a bit cleaner too)
-improved sense of wellbeing
-increase in aggressiveness, nothing crazy but the edge is there
-huge increase in sex drive better election quality.
-more positive out look
-lots more energy.
No sides other than a little oily skin but nothing crazy.
I'll give it a few weeks break and then reassess. Oral seems to working pretty good.
Why every other day dosing?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DHEA isn't going to do anything for younger guys and it would be in your head. As we age this declines rapidly and supplementation will very likely benefit, but it will be in energy and well being for the most part. It won't have an effect on muscle building outside of the increase in energy and alpha feel perhaps improving your gym work.

Taking it every other day will help keep the estrogen conversion down a bit as oral supplements tend to aromatize more than sublingual or transdermal.

ral

ral

Awards
DHEA isn't going to do anything for younger guys and it would be in your head. As we age this declines rapidly and supplementation will very likely benefit, but it will be in energy and well being for the most part. It won't have an effect on muscle building outside of the increase in energy and alpha feel perhaps improving your gym work.

Taking it every other day will help keep the estrogen conversion down a bit as oral supplements tend to aromatize more than sublingual or transdermal.
This

DozerDean

DozerDean

Awards
I've recently started trt and dr had me add compounded dhea troche. I gotta say its really been a little bit of a mood brightener for me.