What do you older guys take for joint inflammation?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The older I get, the more obvious it is that I am going to have to be consistently proactive regarding joint inflammation. It is a constant battle now. Can anyone recommend some supplements that won't break the bank that you have found to be effective? I've been training for several years now. I don't lift heavy anymore. I live a relatively clean lifestyle.

jshopper

Awards
Cissus-xs
Curcumin
Just make sure you research these products, so you know the quality & potency.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Take a look at Genoflex,
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458322844.899478.jpg

Has been having stellar results in initial testers and customers now, with both quick acting relief and longer term joint health, plus potential to accelerated healing via collagen synthesis.

Look into reviews here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278010

High quality extracts of the best joint aids we could find, I guarantee this will offer some relief

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=2005229
5% off with "anabolic05"

Warthog13

Awards
The older I get, the more obvious it is that I am going to have to be consistently proactive regarding joint inflammation. It is a constant battle now. Can anyone recommend some supplements that won't break the bank that you have found to be effective? I've been training for several years now. I don't lift heavy anymore. I live a relatively clean lifestyle.
My problems are my knees from running and, thankfully, it's only sporadic but for inflammation I take ibuprofen and ice. Sometimes I'll apply BioFreeze or MaxFreeze cream (no heat) overnight.

I also take Achilles by Antaeus Labs as a supplement. It doesn't address inflammation but it seems like it strengthens the joint. In fact, it's the only supplement I've felt strong enough to review (so far).

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curcumin, cissus, fish oil and antaeus labs seem to work for me. Been struggling with tendonitis in one knee for a couple of years and regularly taking Naproxen but since taking these products forthe last2 months noticed a dramatic improvement. No longer wince going up the stairs. Oh and also been taking Helios. Im convinced the cissus and curcumin have been key. Have Genoflex on order. Keen to see how it compares. Inflammation isone area supplement companies are excelling!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Cissus XT at double dosage, and recently added Joint Support XT at the normal recommended dosage. I've got arthritis in both knees and my cervical spine, also something the doctor termed "loose ligaments". Also I take fish oil of course which can help somewhat. Also recently had/have been recovering from patellar tendonitis. Doc tried to sell me on physical therapy, lmao what a joke.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IForce Nutrition's Joint Help at 1 cap plus 2 caps GLCDIRECT glucosamine per day for this 55 year old!

paula

paula

Awards
I have tennis elbow which always inflame,then i have a wrist scaphoid inflame too. Ive been taking super cicuss and generic curcumin,and recently added pes genoflex. Will see if its a big different to minimize my inflamation, gonna post here again some feedbak

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been researching Deca Durabolin (Nandrolone Decanoate) for joint healing. Thoughts?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is it legal?
Definitely not, lol

But interesting potential for things like this with various AAS/peptides

Have you been down that road before Kenpo?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been researching Deca Durabolin (Nandrolone Decanoate) for joint healing. Thoughts?
I've often considered throwing just a small dose of this in with my trt to Aid with my joints. Something like 25 or 50 milligrams a week.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely not, lol

But interesting potential for things like this with various AAS/peptides

Have you been down that road before Kenpo?
I have not used Deca or anything similar before. I'm researching and most of what I've read indicates this compound is beneficial for joint healing. My main concern, at 56, is a tendon or joint issue. Even though I'm using fish oil and glucosamine I feel this is not enough protection.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've often considered throwing just a small dose of this in with my trt to Aid with my joints. Something like 25 or 50 milligrams a week.
Me as well. Still researching.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can source injectable Pentosan from vet supply houses pretty easy. I do a 4-6 week run semiannually and it makes a huge difference. Combining it with Nandrolone is a whole other level and amazing!

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can source injectable Pentosan from vet supply houses pretty easy. I do a 4-6 week run semiannually and it makes a huge difference. Combining it with Nandrolone is a whole other level and amazing!
You're the man.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can get one with Hyaluronic Acid in the solution its even better.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Flexatril is the only joint product totally aimed at helping with this specific issue.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm 50. Wrist pain was so bad I couldn't curl heavy..been on Joint Help last couple of weeks..inadvertently found I can curl heavy again with no pain..first time in 2 years..I'm happy

joeyjoeyjoe

Awards
Astaxanthin, typical dose is 12mg daily. Google "astaxanthin joint pain". Works great for me. Many other benefits as well.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Astaxanthin, typical dose is 12mg daily. Google "astaxanthin joint pain". Works great for me. Many other benefits as well.
Interesting. Didn't know this about it. I'd been taking it for cardiovascular benefits.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting thread.
Anyone here who tried Adequan, Pentosan and -or IM Glucosamine? What's the protocol? What was the dosage, injection side, experience?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used a lot of Pentosan. I usually dose it at 3mg/kg weekly.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used a lot of Pentosan. I usually dose it at 3mg/kg weekly.
Could you please elaborate on this?

What are you taking it for?
What were the benefits?
For how long did you use it consecutively?
Any adverse reactions like PIP?
When does one feel relieve, after the first shot?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could you please elaborate on this?

What are you taking it for? Joint damage from years of athletics and work
What were the benefits? Reduced inflammation and white tissue joint repair
Any adverse reactions like PIP? Depends on the brand, mine has a lot of BA as its vet grade so yeah it hurts PIP
When does one feel relieve, after the first shot?No, the dosing is 4 weeks of weekly injections every six months
See above

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bad rad
Would you recommend the full dosage (3mg/kg) to a noob, or begin with a smaller dose?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always done at least that amount myself. The PIP only last a day so it's worth the trouble. I used it on my dog with joint disease too and he was noticeably more mobile the following day.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always done at least that amount myself. The PIP only last a day so it's worth the trouble. I used it on my dog with joint disease too and he was noticeably more mobile the following day.
Ever thought of combining it with Adequan ?
Adequan IM worked for my dogs, but not oral.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pentosan looks pretty amazing. Ran with some GH or peptides, could be a godsend

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pentosan looks pretty amazing. Ran with some GH or peptides, could be a godsend
I'm hoping to get more insight, someone here must have tried Pentosan stacked with BPC and -or Adequan.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping to get more insight, someone here must have tried Pentosan stacked with BPC and -or Adequan.
I might give it a shot at some point. Thinking pentosan with mod-grf + ipamorelin + BPC-157.

I've also read that low dosed dbol can help rebuild cracked vertebrae (not discs though).

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Formutech Flexible..prob the best one I have tried and most robust

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Turmeric. Lots, and lots of turmeric. Extract and whole herb, taken with black pepper extract. You're not going to find a more effective anti-inflammatory that has no negative effects. It's also a fairly potent aromatase inhibitor, and helps grow new neurons. So, there's that, too...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I've read that Tumeric can lower testosterone though? Wouldn't make a difference if one's on TRT though

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I think I've read that Tumeric can lower testosterone though? Wouldn't make a difference if one's on TRT though
Turmeric contains chemicals that are anti-estrogens. Circumin, the main constituent in turmeric, has been demonstrated to be as strong as letrozole in inhibiting estrogen-sensitive tumor growth. (1) A number of other studies have also documented anti-aromatase activity in circumen or turmeric. Moreover, inflammation itself elevates aromatase, so the anti-inflammatory action of turmeric would be expected to lower estradiol and raise free testosterone independent of a direct action on the aromatase enzyme.

I'm not aware of any studies showing that turmeric lowers testosterone.

1. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2009 Oct;19(7):1248-52.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spurfy how do you dose tumeric?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Spurfy how do you dose tumeric?
I take a combination of standardized extract and whole herb in two different products. It's very important to take turmeric with black pepper extract, otherwise a lot of circumin is broken down before absorption, and many of the standardized extract products contain piperine (the chemical in black pepper that prevents this breakdown). I dose the turmeric to try to get 1-2 grams of equivalent whole herb, 2-3 times per day, taken with food.

Turmeric also seems to give me astonishingly beautiful skin, so there's that too.

Turmeric is also an unbelievably powerful cancer-fighter. So, plus plus plus.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can I take it with ground black pepper? Serious question. Currently have turmeric but no black pepper extract. do not have whole black pepper which I can ground if that equates to the BP extract.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Can I take it with ground black pepper? Serious question. Currently have turmeric but no black pepper extract. do not have whole black pepper which I can ground if that equates to the BP extract.
Any black pepper will work as long as it's not old and still smells strongly of pepper. The "pepper smell" is in fact, piperine interacting with receptors in your nose. So, if it smells like pepper, it's good to go. Just a pinch should be enough.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took turmeric for a long time. It is fat soluble, I took it in milk with Bioperine (piperine) - Black pepper extract.
It did not help my joints but it cleared up acne for my son. As with everything, it's for everyone different.