T3 dosages for the wife.

NWP

Awards
A little background, my wife has progressively suffered from ongoing symptoms of hypothyroidism. We struggle to find a doctor that could truly help the issues. In her early 20's(be 38 this February) she was in a car accident and suffered a considerable case of whiplash. Doc claimed that it disrupted the thyroid gland and prescribed hormone replacement accordingly. That lasted about 6 months or so,her and doc suggested not to continue taking since she got pregnant.

She continously has sore/tender/aching breasts, heavy/constant/irregular menstrual (partial hysterectomy 3yrs ago) cold butt cheeks, insomnia, anxiety, gradual weight gain regardless of diet/exercise, sluggishness, continual tiredness, less than desirable hair/skin/nail quality and foggy minded/forgetfulness.

Breast cancer or issues are highly unlikely for the tenderness, she has had a mamogram and other tests to confirm.

Her Gynecologist has suspected thyroid issue on a hunch but after repeated testing on her request, nothing. Results show she is in the "normal" spectrum. my concern is that for the test to trigger an "abnormal" result, I've read that the results must show she's in the top 2.5% range for the doctors to proceed with replacement hormones.

Other than the relentless low thyroid symptons, she has a generally clean medical slate. So seeing that after years of having the doctors test and get the same outcome, we have ordered some T3 from a research lab. Studies that i have read, show that a healthy functioning thyroid produces about 25mcg of T3 per day.
For someone to replace t3 from a supplement, how much would a 38yr old female need to supplement with to mimic a healthy and active thyroid.

I just want to help my wife feel herself and feel good. If anyone could shine some light on this for me would be greatly appreciated.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
love2liftkat would be able to help you! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can totally understand your wife's frustrations as I have been dealing with a similar situation and the symptoms for several years now. I went through all of the tests with the dr's. It was found that I have an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Basically causes inflammation of the thyroid, fluctuations in my levels, along with the symptoms of hypothyroidism. My levels were almost always "within the normal limits" yet I felt horrible. I will tell you from my experience though that you have to be very careful with supplementing the hormone yourself. Especially t3 alone, as well as research products. It's hard to know exactly what you're getting from research products. As for T3, it's hard to regulate and judge that. If you are set on trying a thyroid hormone replacement, I would suggest at least going for a blend of t3/t4. Desiccated thyroid is made from animal thyroid glands that contains all of the thyroid hormones. T1, T2, T3, and T4. There is a TON of information on this site to help her understand more of her options and what she's dealing with.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/natural-thyroid-101/

The thyroid is one of those things you want to do everything you can to not interrupt the natural function of so be very cautions. The dosage will be different for each and every person which is why self treating is so hard and even dangerous. If you can get some more extensive testing done and get her into a good endocrinologist, she may be able to get them to find the source and treat it. That would be my first step. I know how frustrated she is but her long term health is most important.

NWP

Awards
With the desiccated thyroid, once someone take it, how long before an impact should be noticed vs the synthetic T3? Effectiveness between the two? IF we are to proceed with trying the t3, it would be at the lowest possible dose to see a difference. It's liquid 100mcg/1ML. I know anyone can claim confidence in a RC, but I've sourced serms from this company and had good results. So I'm sure the quality would be consistent.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Do not use an RC t3 liquid to treat your wife's medical condition, please.

You do not know the purity of that RC, nor do you know the exact potency. In this case that is self-medicating with some fairly "extreme" stuff even though you are wisely researching and planning proper dosing.

I would get an endo on board with medical t3 treatments, you can do it. At one point it was brought up as an option by my endo if Synthroid wasn't doing the trick

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With the desiccated thyroid, once someone take it, how long before an impact should be noticed vs the synthetic T3? Effectiveness between the two? IF we are to proceed with trying the t3, it would be at the lowest possible dose to see a difference. It's liquid 100mcg/1ML. I know anyone can claim confidence in a RC, but I've sourced serms from this company and had good results. So I'm sure the quality would be consistent.
With the desiccated thyroid she should notice a difference within a week or two. Not necessarily drastic but improvement. Now the synthetic T3- Rx and the Research chemical will be vastly different. As I said before, I would t recommend that route. I went down that road with multiple companies and had little to no improvement with far higher doses than average. The safest thing to do is push for further testing, see an endocrinologist, and get Rx treatment. Next to that, much more extensive research, then self treatment with desiccated thyroid or a blend of hormones. The options are listed on the stop the madness website I listed earlier. That website was made for people like her that have fought with the dr's and looking for options! There really is a lot of great information on getting her help.