Testosterone gel application sites and rotation for continued success?

JG81

Awards
I've been running a TRT protocol with pretty good success for the last 3-4 years using gels and hcg without the need for any AI...However I worked my way from androgel 1.62 to axiron to compounding gels up to a current gel of 5%. I believe I'm developing some androgen receptor saturation or desensitivity. I'm hoping a proper site rotation can alleviate the constant concentration creep. For those having continued success 6 months to a year or more with the same concentration, what are your application areas and how do you like to rotate them?

Thanks!
JG

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a tough one because I believe androgel or 5% gel requires a lot of liquid to get the correct dose, which means a huge surface area to cover.

JG81

Awards
My compounded 5% dispenses about 1.5-1.6ml gel which is usually enough to coat upper chest or bi/tris or shoulders upper back. The 3 spots I mainly use. I realize a smaller surface area with a high % dose will probably cause receptor overload quicker, but I was hoping this could be alleviated if I can rotate to a few additional spots where there is decent absorption. Maybe quads, forearms & low back.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Quads are great. Forearms are good but the problem there is that it'll almost instantly hit your bloodstream. I usually rub the excess on my forearms when using transdermals. Same with tops of feet.

JG81

Awards
Thanks! I'll add front and back of upper legs to my rotation. Hopefully a 5 day site rotation can stop the concentration creep. One of the only resources I could find is John Crisler's video on application of gels/creams and he solely does forearms & flanks with direct application to the forearm bypassing the hands. Doesn't mention rotating sites at all and talks about splitting the dose for twice a day application...:think:

Can't post link with low post count
Youtube: TRANSDERMAL TESTOSTERONE, THE CUTTING EDGE WITH DR. JOHN CRISLER

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I used test cream, I did twice a day dosing as well. I used my forearms in the afternoon and just rubbed them together. Nothing wasted that way. My clinic was crazy though and gave me 20% test cream. Had my test over 1500

JG81

Awards
Damn 20% is nuts! Where did you apply in the AM? Did you rotate that application around? I'm guessing you are on injections now? I have a feeling that's the road I'm heading since I'm jumping several %'s 9 months to a year. Sorry for all the questions you are my only other data point right now, lol.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On shots, twice a week now. I used the cream on the fronts of my shoulders, upper pecs, inside of biceps. Twice a week I put some on my nads for an extra DHT boost.

I switched to shots because I was starting to transfer to an ex of mine. Ladies shouldn't be getting test cream lol.. Definitely had benefits though

JG81

Awards
Thanks for the help! I think with a couple of extra sites I can keep the transdermal train running a bit longer. May play around with 2x a day dosing as well. Did the 2x a day make any difference or that was the way you did it from the begining? OK, so I've read/seen on all the different forums about guys putting it on the scrotum and the medical journal article posted by Nelson Vergel. Qualitatively how would you describe it? Libido through the roof for the following 24-48 hours?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What are the symptoms of androgen receptor overload ?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help! I think with a couple of extra sites I can keep the transdermal train running a bit longer. May play around with 2x a day dosing as well. Did the 2x a day make any difference or that was the way you did it from the begining? OK, so I've read/seen on all the different forums about guys putting it on the scrotum and the medical journal article posted by Nelson Vergel. Qualitatively how would you describe it? Libido through the roof for the following 24-48 hours?
I honestly can't answer this properly for you. To be 100% honest, even when my total test was at 315, my libido was still very high. It's always been real high. I remember getting stuck out of country for a couple weeks and didn't have test with me. I still had to take care of myself twice a day that whole time.

I strongly feel that libido is tied more strongly to dopamine levels. Of course, test/DHT will boost dopamine too though, they are closely tied together, as is estrogen and serotonin. I'm pretty sure my dopamine levels have naturally always been high.

As for twice a day dosing, this helps with afternoon energy levels. I wasn't on test cream for very long, maybe a year. I did the twice a day dosing most of this time, but didn't start out that way.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I honestly can't answer this properly for you. To be 100% honest, even when my total test was at 315, my libido was still very high. It's always been real high. I remember getting stuck out of country for a couple weeks and didn't have test with me. I still had to take care of myself twice a day that whole time.

I strongly feel that libido is tied more strongly to dopamine levels. Of course, test/DHT will boost dopamine too though, they are closely tied together, as is estrogen and serotonin. I'm pretty sure my dopamine levels have naturally always been high.

As for twice a day dosing, this helps with afternoon energy levels. I wasn't on test cream for very long, maybe a year. I did the twice a day dosing most of this time, but didn't start out that way.
Is there anything special you do for higher dopamine levels? I've tried everything supplement wise to no avail

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there anything special you do for higher dopamine levels? I've tried everything supplement wise to no avail
For higher dopamine and NE levels? Smoke MJ to counter act it at night lol. Constantly elevated dopamine and norepinephrine means higher chances of anxiety as well. Blessing/curse. But now I mostly train at night and it helps relax me in the evenings.

What have you tried for elevating dopamine that didn't work?

I take tianeptine half the year as well. It increases activity at certain dopamine receptors. It also annihilates anxiety.

I believe supplements may only temporarily elevate dopamine levels though. For example: you can take some l-dopa an hour or so prior to sex, and it should help blunt the prolactin release after ejaculation, which will then greatly reduce your refractory period. But it's only a temporary effect.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
For higher dopamine and NE levels? Smoke MJ to counter act it at night lol. Constantly elevated dopamine and norepinephrine means higher chances of anxiety as well. Blessing/curse. But now I mostly train at night and it helps relax me in the evenings.

What have you tried for elevating dopamine that didn't work?

I take tianeptine half the year as well. It increases activity at certain dopamine receptors. It also annihilates anxiety.

I believe supplements may only temporarily elevate dopamine levels though. For example: you can take some l-dopa an hour or so prior to sex, and it should help blunt the prolactin release after ejaculation, which will then greatly reduce your refractory period. But it's only a temporary effect.
I definitely don't want higher NE levels, but I take a combination of L-Tyrosine, vitamin C, and P5P (increases dopamine levels from what I've read. I also take Alpha GPC to support choline, vitamin B1 occasionally, and L-Theanine. I've taken Wellbutrin for a while before, and all that did was keep me wide awake and kill my sex drive 100%. Had me walking around like I had just climbed out of freezing cold water 24/7, major shrinkage haha I think that was caused by a high level of norepinephrine. Took months to get back to normal after I stopped taking it.

I can always tell if my dopamine levels are high because I love life, I want to do anything and everything, super sociable, and I end up buying a lot of **** I don't need lol If I could stay like that, life would be awesome.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup that's the problem. Dopamine and NE can be linked together when trying to raise levels. High NE will make you edgy as well.

Have you ever tried tianeptine?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yup that's the problem. Dopamine and NE can be linked together when trying to raise levels. High NE will make you edgy as well.

Have you ever tried tianeptine?
Nope this is the first time I've ever heard of tianeptine, is it over the counter?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope this is the first time I've ever heard of tianeptine, is it over the counter?
Check the nootropics sub forum, I made a thread in there about it. It's a prescription drug in Europe, but available as a bulk powder here.

JG81

Awards
What are the symptoms of androgen receptor overload ?
For me its having to increase the test % in the gel/cream every 6 months to a year to get into the 700-900ng/dl sweet spot where I feel the best. Since I haven't been rotating effectively(speculation) I've gradually declined to about 300's before I would up the % and start a new.