45 year old male with test question

mcepat

Awards
Hi,

I am fairly new to this, at 45 I am sure I am low on test (haven't had any bloodwork)

My question is can I just cycle with Test without combining it with something else and what is a standard cycle I have been reading 50mg every 4 days is good?

I could get this through my doctor but don't want have to pay a $25 co-pay every 4-days and take time off to get there etc

I have a good friend that gets qaulity stuff and wanted to go this route instead

Thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First of all you're only assuming you have low test. You need to get blood work done to keep from causing other problems in your body from unneeded test. Your symptoms could be coming other things. There's more than just injecting test for TRT. You have to be sure E2 is in check along with pregnenolone, dhea, vitamin d3, just to name a few. You also need to have your thyroid levels checked and a CBC work up to ensure there's no underlying cause of your symptoms if its not low T. Self prescribed TRT will be like throwing jello at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Also TRT is not cycled. It's for life. It's better to start out with 50 mgs every 3.5 days and get tested after about 4-6 weeks.

As far as paying a copay for your injections....if your dr will not allow you to self administer your test shots then find another one very quickly. This is a sign that your dr is not up on current TRT protocols.

I hope this helps you. It's tough dialing in a protocol even with regular blood work. It will be even harder with no blood work.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloodwork is about $60 for CBC, total testosterone, LH, FSH and E2 done by LabCorp. Start there first before you do anything. TRT is for life.

mcepat

Awards
thanks guys will do and thanks for the bloodwork link

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go see a real Dr. There's likely a doc in your area that will let you have your vial and administer your own injections.