Blood test results

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Can The bottom number fluctuate up and down a little on trt? One blood test said my bottom number was 197 after injection the same T . 3 months later blood test said 130. Why?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what the bottom number are you referring too..?

Usually when we refer to the top number and bottom number its in relation to blood pressure, not blood tests.

If its your Total Test your referring to, that number will fluctuate based on time of day test was taken, how many
days after the injection the blood work was taken. A lot of factors can make your Test levels fluctuate.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the "trough" number which is the testosterone reading just before injection of the maintenance dose. Right?

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Total T! The indo has me doing 1.5 test cyp every two weeks ,300mg...
after 6 month now on 1.5 3 months into that 6 months my lab work came Back as 197 total t now 3 months later it 130 doing the same thing

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
197 and 130 only mean something if we know the range you are working with as there are different labs. In any case, a 2 week protocol is ancient history and your doc needs to get with the program and get you on minimum weekly shots.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
High 890 / low 300 is what the paper said is the range.
I'm doing biweekly shots of test cyp 1.5 or 300 mg shots... I've been on that for 6 months now. 3 months in on the 6 months it came back as 197 (trough) that shot were in the thigh so the indo started having me get the shot in the hip. Because he thought I was not absorbing I shot well there. So now I've been Doing three months of the shot in the hip now & it came back as 130. I'm hoping someone would have a answer to why this would be.

ericaf1

ericaf1

Awards
Your test level can fluctuate a lot. Did you take your blood test the same time after your shot on both tests? If not that could be the reason. I always have my blood drawn in the trough. Bi-weekly or weekly shots work best. I would advise finding another doctor.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Timing and fluctuation has nothing to do with this scenario. He is tanked by the time he is ready for his next shot because he is on a hormonal roller coaster with high peaks and deep valleys and so when it is time to inject, he is already at the bottom again.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Timing and fluctuation has nothing to do with this scenario. He is tanked by the time he is ready for his next shot because he is on a hormonal roller coaster with high peaks and deep valleys and so when it is time to inject, he is already at the bottom again.
You hit the nail on the head. I swear I believe we posted some stuff to this guy before relating to his protocol. This guy needs to run as fast as he can to another dr.