TRT with DHEA, and pregnenolone

mrmojorisin

Awards
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to TRT(9 weeks in), and see where it's becoming a common practice for doctors and their patients to include DHEA, and pregnenolone alongside their TRT to supplement these hormones being reduced from their TRT. My question is would taking a transdermal DHEA/pregnenolone product like Dermacrine or Transaderm still increase testosterone levels while being shutdown, in the absence of LH? I don't want to increase my TT trough levels too high via transdermal DHEA, but I do want to replace lower levels of DHEA, and pregnenolone.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then why not go the route that most endos and hormone doctors are advising and that is sublingual? There is only one small study that showed a short term increase in total testosterone levels with 50mg of daily DHEA supplementation, but obviously enough evidence to show that sublingual and oral works to increase DHEA and pregnenolone levels.

mrmojorisin

Awards
Because, when docs like Crisler, and Shippen recommend transdermal, and say that oral forms are less effective, and less predictable,....I want to follow their advice. Another reason for me is that I have Dermacrine on hand from last year.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I'm on TRT and 8-9wks in too.
Been on Dermecrine for about 12wks and feeling great. Only use 2 pumps a day since starting TRT plus 50mg of oral pregnenolone.
Before TRT I was using 5-6 pumps but now that I'm on TRT I dropped the dose because to much DHEA likes to convert to estrogen. And at 2 pumps a day a tube will last a long time.

mrmojorisin

Awards
So you were on Dermacrine before TRT? I'd be interested to see someone's trough reading on TRT before Dermacrine, and then after including Dermacrine.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
So you were on Dermacrine before TRT? I'd be interested to see someone's trough reading on TRT before Dermacrine, and then after including Dermacrine.
Yes after my last round of preTRT bloods I started on Dermacrine and oral preg. After about a week I could feel it's effects and my appitite went threw the roof around day 10 so I knew it was working.
Now that I'm on TRT I lowered the Demacrine to 2 pumps a day and all is well. Had a few tubes on hand so it was a no brainer to just start using them up but once I'm out im not sure if I'll pick anymore up unless I can feel a big difference once it's not being used. Even then I'd wait until it's on sale so its a little cheaper to use as a staple supp.