Total Test and Free Test low. Thoughts?

adawg1980

Awards
I was tested 6 weeks ago and Total Test was 550. I took Complete Nutrition Testosterone Replenish DHEA supplement for 5 weeks and got tested. Total Test was 420 and Free Test was 8.6. Estradiol was normal.

Is DHEA that bad? I'm 34 yrs old

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
It could just be your natural T level fluctuation. What did the Doc say?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like I responded before- DHEA did not do this. You took a prop blend that happened to have DHEA in it. Even then there is no way to definitively say if it was the supplement based on one test.

adawg1980

Awards
I had forgotten that I had been taking 5mg Paxil ED up until about a week or so before the blood work. (I had taken myself off of Paxil and only ran it about 2 months)

Maybe Paxil is what lowered my TT and FT?

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
Before considering TRT, try dosing clomid at 50mg for about 2 or 3 months. Studies have shown that this can actually stimulate and balance the HPTA permanently resolving the problem!

By the way, DHEA can be suppressive and paxil is known to lower sex drive. And a lower sex drive is probably resulting from lowered test levels.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Before considering TRT, try dosing clomid at 50mg for about 2 or 3 months. Studies have shown that this can actually stimulate and balance the HPTA permanently resolving the problem!

By the way, DHEA can be suppressive and paxil is known to lower sex drive. And a lower sex drive is probably resulting from lowered test levels.
+1000 on this. I love the conservative approach of 50 mg Clomid (ED I assume), but it still implies going an illicit route with the SERM. If everything (FT, TT) is still on its way down, why not have the Doc who's doing the testing RX the clomid?

If not, a suggestion would be a very simple 200mg/wk Test Cypionate or Enanthate. Some may say it's too "low dose" but wait a couple weeks and you'll feel your first pump in the gym...it will be heaven.

adawg1980

Awards
+1000 on this. I love the conservative approach of 50 mg Clomid (ED I assume), but it still implies going an illicit route with the SERM. If everything (FT, TT) is still on its way down, why not have the Doc who's doing the testing RX the clomid?

If not, a suggestion would be a very simple 200mg/wk Test Cypionate or Enanthate. Some may say it's too "low dose" but wait a couple weeks and you'll feel your first pump in the gym...it will be heaven.
Well, I actually have a prescription for Test Cyp (my doc gave it to me last year when my levels were normal) I haven't taken it yet because I understand it's a life long commitment. Part of me would be fine cycling 200mg for 10 weeks to see how I feel. I was looking at Clomid because it doesn't shut you down. In the end, I understand whether Test or Clomid, they are both essentially the same thing: an on going therapy.

I asked my doctor about using Clomid. I wasn't surprised that he had never treated men with it. He is pretty open to things, so he was calling a urologist to get some info before he gave it to me.

adawg1980

Awards

Also, a friend of mine has been on TRT for several years (he is a very knowledgeable bodybuilder). He told at 200mg per week that I would feel a lot better (other hormones in check of course) and that I could add muscle and strength if I wanted. This, of course, sounds great to me. I am happy with my current size and strength, but wouldn't the ability to slowly increase. I am not interested in blowing up so quick that people around me notice. Steroids have a bad rep because of abuse and I do not want to be labeled in that category.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Get off Paxil, it will royally **** your sex drive, keep you from having an orgasm, and eventually make you feel like a robot. Get on something else if you need it

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You start your post with an applaud of a "conservative" TRT approach and then suggest the polar opposite as an option. Think what you want, but 200mg wk is not a TRT dose, it is a low cycle dose. For almost everyone, 200mg will push you outside of physiological levels and no reputable doctor is going to do that now. As early as a couple of years ago, this was a starting point for some doctors because they still believed in the e2w protocol, but there is so much knowledge now that this is pretty well understood to be a mistake and that lower dose is the way to start.

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
Clomid basically stimulates you to produce more test naturally(from your testes)

They use it to improve male fertility also, for men that are struggling to have kids.