TRT & Prohormone Tapering

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious if my logic is on or off here.

I do TRT through a clinic here. I get bloodwork every 8 weeks.

I am running a PH cycle the first 4 weeks, I will then raise my AI dose a hair 2 weeks after to help normalize things then 2 weeks with the AI dose they give me prior to my bloodwork again.

My question is this. Since I'm on TRT I have no need to take anything to boost my natural test levels since i'm on TRT. So only estrogen is a concern really?

With that said wouldn't tapering my PH the last week or two down help normalize things? So by the time i'm off my estrogen shouldn't be too out of wack anyway? then two weeks with a slightly bumped AI and I'll be fine? I guess my thought process is that tapering my PH cycle down on week 3 and then even more on week 4 would just make normalizing things easier so my estrogen won't rebound as hard when I get completely off this PH?

Just curious if this thought process works or if I should just cut the cycle cold turkey then do a few weeks with a slightly bumped AI and taper that back down to normalize things?

Thanks

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
No need to taper, just cut it. Then keep the AI a little higher side for 2 wks after your done and then bring it down before you see your doc.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I think you should have at least 1 wk of everything being at trt doses before you see the doc... If anything he can perscribe more anti e for you and you just keep it where it's at and use more when your on, jmo

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
8 weeks between bloodwork
first 4 weeks on a PH
last two weeks of the PH I started a little extra AI over what the doc says
going to run this extra AI for two weeks after the PH use
Then two weeks on just what the doc has, then more bloodworks.

So two weeks at what the doc had me on should level things out for my next test.