old man update

shealym

Awards
Went to my ortho last thursday and xrays show a left knee that is eaten up with arthritis bone spurs and hardly any cartlidge left. he said a knee replacement will have to happen. he gave me a shot of cortisone and that seemed to remove the pain so I could compete. Monday I competed in the WPC world championships single ply diivision. The meet literly came down to my opponants last dead lift. Ih he makes it he takes all the marbles , if not I do. . . . He missed. I hit a 490 squat 363 bench 446 dead and a total of 1300. . . . . . all 4 are world records.

Tuesday I competed in the raw div. As good as I was on monday I was that bad on tues. Nearly passed out on 2 squats and a dead. Despite all that I managed to take second and set another world record on the bench 325.

Friday the stupidity continues as the Fort Gordon gym has a 1,000 lb club on the same 3 lifts and restrictions as worlds. I managed to eek out a 1115.

Not bad for a decrepid 62 year old.

Special thanks go to Coach wade Johnson for guiding my training and Ageforce for their array of patches that keep me going. They are outstanding and highly recommend them to everyone. Give ageforce.com a look, you wont be disappointed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very Nice...Thanks for the update!!

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Shealym,

I am 66 and just getting back into training after 2.5 years away. I'm experimenting with some biological info on how to to increase ATP and energy through anti-aging in cells and oxygen transport. I'm deeply interested in what actually causes the collagen degeneration in joints as an example. I'm using some natural means to increase IGF-1, but not as good as HGH patches -- still what I do helps. I actually have went back to looking at some cutting edge biology and the scientists that report on this stuff..

What weight class are you and what limitations do your competitive groups put on athletes? Just curious.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I would be carefull with igf-1 and cancer related issues.... Specially at your ages

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
35 and Older 3
35 and Older 0
35 and Older 2
Powerlifting/Strongman 0
Training Forum 2