TRT

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went to the Endo today for blood work. Total test & free test were low on my yearly checkup.

Hopefully results by Monday & then start TRT.

What should I be asking about my options --

Shots, pellets, gel, or patch?

I'm sure they all have their advantages & disadvantages. Is it personal preference?

Is there one form considered better?

tuRkx

Awards
what was your free test at?

I started with cream and its working well.HCG is a must in the protocol. I feel like cream is for guys who just need a little boost because the esther in the cream is short acting versus injection that has a half life of 7-8 days. Injection is more precise dosing,you get what you put in. Some guys swear by shots only.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shots are easy, fast, and cheap, with no risk of transfer.
Gels and creams are nice because they increase DHT more, but there is the inconvenience of daily application and risk of transfer.
Pellets are something that we hear talked about but I have yet to talk to anyone actually using them.

You are at a prime age for TRT, but your endo should be checking way more than test and free test before helping you make a decision.

test
free test
shbg
TSH
t3 t4 free t4
pregnenolone
DHEA
progesterone
cortisol
e2
LH
FSH

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was my first visit with the Endo.

Total test was 380 & Free test was 4.6 That was 3 weeks ago during my yearly. That's why I went to the Endo today.

New lab results should be on Mon. E2, LH, FSH, Prolactin, & something else I can't remember.

SHBG = 69.4 & TSH = .73 was also done @ yearly checkup

MuscleJ

Awards
I'm all bout inject, I live in a ver humid area and transdermal doesn't do justice nor does patch. Also does it match your lifestyle considering if you have kids there's a chance of cross exposure.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 kids but they're both teenagers & it's not like I'm picking them up or having as much contact with them as when they were little.

How quickly could I learn to do the shots myself? Dr's office is not convenient.

Easier to have the wife do them?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is very easy. I inject glute 2x a week. You simply want a larger gauge needle (18g is what I use) for the pull of the test from the bottle, then change the head to a smaller one for injection (I use 25g) and then you are done. From start to finish it takes me <60 sec.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So even if it's an oil based test injection you can switch to a 25g needle?

Sorry, no experience with needles. :D

I assume the Dr's office won't be switching?
Obviously the 18g would hurt a little more? Or a lot more?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A LOT more. Do not inject with that- and the doctors office does switch. I learned by having them show me what to do. You barely feel a 25g and like I said, it is all very fast so a 25g is perfect.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. Thx. I guess I'll wait for results on Monday & schedule my follow up.