40 and needing high energy

islandguy

Awards
I need to ask a question and hope that this is the right place to do it.

I am 43. I am in good shape. Cardio hard 3 times a week minimum. Weight training also 3 times a week. 6'2" 205 lbs.
I have a heavy physical fitness test coming up. I am sure I will pass but I want to be really sure! And pass with flying colors.

Can you suggest what I can take to give me the little extra boost I am looking for??

Thanks for the help.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is this an aerobic or anaerobic event?

A simple pre workout could be all you would need.

Caffeine immediately before event
Get to saturated levels of creatine before event
Beta alanine or COP saturated leading to event

If it has strength components there are other considerations

islandguy

Awards
It is both. There is a large aerobic event to start. Then a 1 hour break and then the strength events.

I am looking for a little more than a simple pre workout. Although you do have me thinking.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I would load Beta alanine/COP
load creatine
Caffeine before both

Its good the cardio is first, you can use pump products prior to the strength events and not worry about it affecting the cardio

Nitrates/agmatine/citrulline Proper hydration before both events of course, BCAA's or quick carbs with electrolytes.

Amentoflavone has some great acute effects for strength as well

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I'm a huge fan of amino acids with electrolytes in the mix. PES, Purple Wrath, Xtend to name a few.....I recently started using BSN's product I think its AminoX IV or something. It has citrilline malate and thats also a favorite non essential amino I like pre cardio....good luck!!