1 year into TRT

robmm

robmm

Awards
I have been on TRT for a year, I just about to turn 37. I started TRT after I had a vasectomy, and I had a bad infection which led to epididymitis. I have never ran a cycle of anything I am currently on 100mg/week of Test E. It has changed my life. I was feeling tired depressed and un motivated. Went and saw my Dr and after multiple blood tests my levels averaged 228. My last test was on the day I am supposed to have my shot, my levels were at 598. Which I think is pretty decent. I have never had any issues with estrogen as I am always on the low side of normal. Just wanted to say that I think it has changed my life for the better, I was heading down a pretty dark road with the way I was feeling

bobby norcal

Awards
39 with a 220 levels

I just joined this site looking for people in the same situation and their lasting impact. My primary care physical didn't prescribe me an Rx because I am "in range" so I had to go the clinic route paying a ton of money. But I am done feeling like a cloud or monkey is on my back. I have been prescribed 150ml a week. They should arrive in a couple days.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good for you, robmm. I just passed 3 years and agree with your sentiments.

My protocol:
60mg e3.5d
10mg pregnenolone ed
5mg DHEA eod

Night Prowler

Awards
Good to hear some positive out comes. Not to hijack your thread but looking for some input. I was recently diagnosed with low T (180) on my 39th birthday. From learning more about this I figure it's been going on for at least two years. A month ago my Dr started me on Axiron. He is not at all imposed to injections but I figured the topical would be easy to start with. Is there an advantage to injections over the topical?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear some positive out comes. Not to hijack your thread but looking for some input. I was recently diagnosed with low T (180) on my 39th birthday. From learning more about this I figure it's been going on for at least two years. A month ago my Dr started me on Axiron. He is not at all imposed to injections but I figured the topical would be easy to start with. Is there an advantage to injections over the topical?
I chose to inject because I have little girls and didn't want to risk transfer to them, I didn't want to apply something everyday, and it is expensive. The pros are that you can stay a little more level and it can increase DHT. Injection is dirt cheap, easy, and fast.

robmm

robmm

Awards
Yes I have two girls as well that's why the gel was not an option, I prefer the injections, I hated needles at first, now I don't even notice them, as for a level of 320 is low, until they base levels on a scale instead of that labs sliding scale, there will be a lot of guys that are technically low normal while in fact they are very low

bobby norcal

Awards
I heard gels keep the amount for consistent in the body, but there are more side affects aside from passing it along to others through skin to skin contact. So are you all going the route I took, paying out of pocket because you are "low but in-range?" It is frustrating man, but sadly comforting to know I'm not alone in the messed up health care treatment. They were talking about putting me on all these other mess to help my mood. Instead of giving me TRT. Lame.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The biggest thing that doctors don't seem to grasp unless they are in tune with hormone treatment is that the range is nothing but that and it is the same range they would use for someone 18 or 80. So a 350 could be in range, but are you going to approach it the same way if an 18 yo had that as opposed to an 80 yo? That is why it should never be dependent on labs, but a consultation on symptoms as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, they are more likely to push SSRI's. I don't understand the obsession with putting everyone on anti-depression/anxiety drugs. They'll push that crap like candy.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is easier than understanding the actual problem. Bandaids for everyone!

robmm

robmm

Awards
It is easier than understanding the actual problem. Bandaids for everyone!
Totally agree, my Dr retired and I had to find a new one, told her about issues I had with my vasectomy, and symptoms I was experincining, she told me I was just lazy and depressed.she wanted to put me on anti- depressants I told her I don't have a lazy bone in my body, and I don't need your pills. I walked out found a new Dr that listened to me, and actually wanted to find out what was going on, after 3 blood tests that confirmed low t, we set up my protocol and have had no issues since.

bobby norcal

Awards
SO 2 weeks in taking 1ml of test cyp a week, split into .5ml for twice a week injections. I don't feel any difference yet. I heard it can take up to a few months to really feel the difference. However, with no change in my diet and I getting bloated. My BF hasn't changed, but my belt had to go up a notch. My diet is pretty clean and didn't change at all in the two weeks so I today started intermittent fasting, e.g. no eating until 1PM and no eating after 8PM with at least 120 ounces of water a day.

RedRaptor

Awards
Next month will be two years on TRT.
I felt something the first day on TRT but attribute that to placebo effect. The real benefits took about 4 weeks to appear at 160 mg per week. It was as if my body was being transformed. Not in body composition but in the tired, worn out feeling, the slack muscles firming up, skin tone changing back to something resembling live human. Biggest improvement was my mental state. Went from feeling ready to jump off the bridge, life isn't worth living to feeling like I could conquer the world (again).
You can tell it's working when your testicles shrink to the size of marbles. One thing I found is that exercise accentuates the effects. If I exercise 4 times per week I get that "He Man" feeling. Cardio is good but getting in the gym and throwing around some heavy weights does it good for me. I often get goosebumps and feel like I could rip the weight rack off the wall. It's a good feeling.

I can't say I've lost one pound due to TRT. I even went on super clean diets, no carb diets and cardio 5 times each week but I'm still 220 and the gut is still there. Pants are same size. I can say that my muscles have grown and become firmer, my mental state is much better and my libido is better than ever.

Try some exercise. Not cardio but lifting weights. Squats etc..

Cooper1test

Awards
I heard gels keep the amount for consistent in the body, but there are more side affects aside from passing it along to others through skin to skin contact. So are you all going the route I took, paying out of pocket because you are "low but in-range?" It is frustrating man, but sadly comforting to know I'm not alone in the messed up health care treatment. They were talking about putting me on all these other mess to help my mood. Instead of giving me TRT. Lame.
"but there are more side affects aside from passing it along to others through skin to skin contact" - Can you give more details on what other side effects are more common with gels than with injections?

Cooper1test

Awards
I have had the same issues with weight. Numbers look great including E2 number, diet good, exercise on regular basis including cardio, but still not dropping any weight and still quite a bit of belly fat. This is while on injections. When I was on gel I followed same exercise routine, diet, etc ..... and I lost all my belly fat and was much leaner. Not sure why this but I do see others on injections experiencing same thing. I am thinking it may have something to do with higher DHT levels that gels seem to provide?

robmm

robmm

Awards
I have noticed I'm having the same issue lately, I wonder why???

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Edit, ignore last post.

It may have something to do with the half-life, androgen downregulation comes to mind.

Gels have a 12hr half life while Cypionate has about a 7 day half-life. Constant stimulation of the receptors may lead to down regulation of androgens. Not to mention that the body naturally has a peak and valley on a daily basis rather than a slow climb upward for 4 days straight then a decline for another 3-4 days straight.

L-carntine, especially the intramuscular version, upregulates androgen expressions making less T = more.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have had the same issues with weight. Numbers look great including E2 number, diet good, exercise on regular basis including cardio, but still not dropping any weight and still quite a bit of belly fat. This is while on injections. When I was on gel I followed same exercise routine, diet, etc ..... and I lost all my belly fat and was much leaner. Not sure why this but I do see others on injections experiencing same thing. I am thinking it may have something to do with higher DHT levels that gels seem to provide?
Possibly due to insulin resistance / metabolic syndrome (not to scare you or anything but insulin resistance is pretty common as people get older). Get your fasting glucose levels tested again, and maybe check out your insulin response to a glucose test.

What helps for me is a low carb diet and Metformin. Almost guaranteed to work.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
L-carntine, especially the intramuscular version, upregulates androgen expressions making less T = more.
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is the best one for this use. Very easily accessible from most supplement sites. Nutraplanet has is it in bulk.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is the best one for this use. Very easily accessible from most supplement sites. Nutraplanet has is it in bulk.
Correct. Although I just use IM L-Carntine with a carb load shortly after.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can get Inj L-Car?
Yes, FAR more effective when injected. You just have to time it to where insulin shoves it to the muscle cells. Otherwise, it take 90+ days to start seeing the effects of L-Carn in its oral form because it takes so long to load on.

Furthermore, there is added benefit of the stuff acting much like synthol (except being water-based) in the muscle injected.

Endless benefits really. A staple supp if u ask me.

Timing of carb loads is critical, and it depends on whether u inject sub-Q or IM.

bobby norcal

Awards
Anyone out there mess with the timing of injections? As mentioned above your levels fluctuate during the day. I'm wondering if doing so at night is best since this is when your body is in recover mode.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm researching AMP-5 (Adenosine monophosphate) INJ as well now. It's readily available but only feedback I've seen is from the rare professional bodybuilder.