Betaine (TMG) and very dry skin

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
I would like your input on that. Few weeks ago I have tried a supplement that contains betaine HCL, after few days my skin became very dry all over the body then I stopped it and after putting a lot of cream on the body, the situation improved. Then I took some beet juice (forgot that betain is done from it)and again the same symptoms so clearly betaine is the reason. What is wrong with me? Why do I get such a dry skin? Any idea?

As a remark: I take B-50 vitamins.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking Betaine HCL as a supplement to assist digestion since I believe I have low stomach acid content. Just a check, you know that Betaine HCL is not the same as Betaine Anhydrous otherwise known as TMG?

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking Betaine HCL as a supplement to assist digestion since I believe I have low stomach acid content. Just a check, you know that Betaine HCL is not the same as Betaine Anhydrous otherwise known as TMG?
Yes you are right, it is anhydrous.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted in another thread about TMG flaring up my rosacea, so I too am finding a similar issue. I am not taking it anymore to see if it is related, but it has only been 1 day.

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
I posted in another thread about TMG flaring up my rosacea, so I too am finding a similar issue. I am not taking it anymore to see if it is related, but it has only been 1 day.
Thank for your feedback. It took me time to recover with a lot of cream, no hot shower and supplements for the skin.

I hope it will better very quickly for you. Let us know how it goes.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2 of no TMG and it is already getting better. That was a quick experiment for me, looks like no betaine for me.