Doing TRT treatment for low test.

madhornet

Awards
Trying to see why I'm losing weight on test cyp. Actually getting ripped up. Eating well and working out 4 days a week. Now gottten more lean and lost weight. Struggling with some back acne. I'm 40yrs old. 6 foot 2 around 218lbs. Anyone know if I should use estro blockers since I'm on TRT treatment for so long? Thought also that test cyp gives you the bulk up affect. Not sure why I'm actually getting lean.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just starting my TRT so no expert. The only way you'll know you need the AI is through blood work or if you are seeing signs of estrogen issues (ie like sensitive nipples). What dose of test C are you taking and how often?

madhornet

Awards
I'm taking two shots a week. The test cyp is 200ml. I'm guessing 400ml a week. I did notice that my nipples seemed more sensitive. Enlarged slightly. Blood work was good. Just wanting to ensure I have no estro robbing me.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking two shots a week. The test cyp is 200ml. I'm guessing 400ml a week. I did notice that my nipples seemed more sensitive. Enlarged slightly. Blood work was good. Just wanting to ensure I have no estro robbing me.
So I'm interpreting this at 200 mg (not ml) per shot times 2 per week. That's a boat load! Double check that. Even 200 mg per week is high.

madhornet

Awards
I'm sorry bad typo. I'm saying the cyp is 200mg bottle dosage. I get a half of shot a week. So I get a full dose every two weeks. So in reality it's not too much. It's a long ester from what I was told. It stays strong for up to eight days. I have been on now a year.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry bad typo. I'm saying the cyp is 200mg bottle dosage. I get a half of shot a week. So I get a full dose every two weeks. So in reality it's not too much. It's a long ester from what I was told. It stays strong for up to eight days. I have been on now a year.
So 100 mg per week and blood work shows normal, all good then and you don't have to worry about an AI. The only thing to watch is the nipple soreness.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The half life is 8 days. It would help to know how much you are getting per week. Also get your e2 tested.

grappler22

grappler22

Awards
talk to ur doc about ur symptoms and about getting some anastrozole.