Starting TRT

Long Road

Awards
Hello. I just turned 36 and found out that along with low thyroid I have almost no testosterone in the system. Dr said my test was at 60 which could explain a lot of the problems that I am having. I get my bottle of test tomorrow and I'm excited and sick at the same time over it. My dr made it sound like these injections are going to fix all my problems and then some. At 36 I have little energy, no sex drive and it seems to be impossible to lose weight, part of which he attributes to my low thyroid also. I just find it hard to believe that the weekly injection of test cyp is going to be so effective. On the other hand part of me thinks that there is plenty of evidence that shows the changes that can occur. Hopefully with time my dr can get the thyroid and testosterone dialed in. Any info is appreciated. Once I get my trt started I will post more info and I'm sure more question.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'd get the thyroid issue addressed first, and then find out where your testosterone level stands once you're dialed in with Synthroid or whatever script you'll be taking. That's just my opinion though, always nice to use less meds if you can!

Long Road

Awards
My dr has me at 125mg a day and says that he might bump me up to 150 after next labs but I can tell you that I feel a noticeable difference after being on synthroid for two months now. The dr said he wanted me to start the test asap because he said that it is something that can take a while to get dialed into each person. I was going to do the gel but insurance would not cover so he ordered im test cyp, I'm not sure of the dose but I'm hoping he starts me out T a good dose since my level was 60. I wonder if have so little natural test in my body and me being over weight has caused extra estrogen to be produced/ stored in my body? Will the usual labs tell my dr what my estrogen levels are? And at what level of estrogen should I be concerned? Holding my dr will understand all this but he is just a general practitioner. Thanks

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My dr has me at 125mg a day and says that he might bump me up to 150 after next labs but I can tell you that I feel a noticeable difference after being on synthroid for two months now. The dr said he wanted me to start the test asap because he said that it is something that can take a while to get dialed into each person. I was going to do the gel but insurance would not cover so he ordered im test cyp, I'm not sure of the dose but I'm hoping he starts me out T a good dose since my level was 60. I wonder if have so little natural test in my body and me being over weight has caused extra estrogen to be produced/ stored in my body? Will the usual labs tell my dr what my estrogen levels are? And at what level of estrogen should I be concerned? Holding my dr will understand all this but he is just a general practitioner. Thanks
Get a good endocrinologist. I wouldn't trust a general practitioner with my hormones. I would seriously think about getting your thyroid straightened around first before you add other things like TRT. Don't jump into this too quickly! A good estradiol level for the average male is around 15-25. I would think the bodyfat should begin to melt away once you are on the correct dosage of thyroid medication, plus eating healthy and exercising consistently. After a couple months get your testosterone and e2 levels checked, then decide whether or not you want to start TRT.

Long Road

Awards
Thanks for the info. I have a few friends that are into working out and they seem to think I need to get right into a cycle along with the trt. It's nice to see that the first contact I had on this site is offering, what sounds like, good information. Sometimes it seems like my "friends" are just pushing produce. Thanks

napalm

napalm

Awards
I have a few friends that are into working out and they seem to think I need to get right into a cycle along with the trt.
And when did these 'friends' graduate from medical school?

Bad advice, get your hormones figured out first.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should have tried to figure out why your testosterone was so low before jumping on TRT. There could have been other ways to bring it up, no need to get a life sentence of chemical castration.

Long Road

Awards
Dr said the low t was probably caused by long term opiate use form a long list of injuries over the years. My dr prescribed .5cc a week of test cyp that is a 100mg/cc.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can I point out that you state you are 315 at 6'3". It is very likely that your lifestyle and diet could be in play. I have come across very few 315lb men that could not use a big diet overhaul.

BJE

BJE

Awards
Hello. I just turned 36 and found out that along with low thyroid I have almost no testosterone in the system. Dr said my test was at 60 which could explain a lot of the problems that I am having. I get my bottle of test tomorrow and I'm excited and sick at the same time over it. My dr made it sound like these injections are going to fix all my problems and then some. At 36 I have little energy, no sex drive and it seems to be impossible to lose weight, part of which he attributes to my low thyroid also. I just find it hard to believe that the weekly injection of test cyp is going to be so effective. On the other hand part of me thinks that there is plenty of evidence that shows the changes that can occur. Hopefully with time my dr can get the thyroid and testosterone dialed in. Any info is appreciated. Once I get my trt started I will post more info and I'm sure more question.
I've been on test cyp for a year and a half now, I'm 49. I will tell you that from my experience a high end testosterone level makes everything better. My sex drive is high, my anxiety is low, my energy is good. Since starting TRT I've added five and a half inches to my shoulder measurement and two inches to my biceps. I've gained twenty five pounds, very little of it fat. I've gone from 163 to 188 and I have my sights on 190. Staying lean has not been a problem.

I also use HCG so my testicles are as large as ever.

As I have said many times before, I inject SQ every other day. I think this is the only way to go. It works great. It does take time to turn the ship around after starting TRT however.

As far as the thyroid issue, I have no comment on at since I have not dealt with thyroid issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lionking999 Anabolics 176
Brocodeout69 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21
Topher_ruiz Anabolics 5
brandlife 35 and Older 21