Just clomid

Awards
Anyone ever just run clomid? Would you get some gains? Thanks

justmechillin

Anyone ever just run clomid? Would you get some gains? Thanks
I went from benching 315x6 to 315x18 doing 25mg eod for 40 days 19yrs ago at age 25, bodyweight was 185lbs... So I would have to say yes.... No poisioned liver, hair shed, nothing... ;-) I still to this day have strength from doing that cycle...

Awards
I went from benching 315x6 to 315x18 doing 25mg eod for 40 days 19yrs ago at age 25, bodyweight was 185lbs... So I would have to say yes.... No poisioned liver, hair shed, nothing... ;-) I still to this day have strength from doing that cycle...
Thanks for the reply! When you stop clomid, do you have to slowly decrease the dosage? Or do you just stop taking it?

justmechillin

Thanks for the reply! When you stop clomid, do you have to slowly decrease the dosage? Or do you just stop taking it?
Just stopped, no hair shed, poisioned liver or pct. Fyi, I train supersets to failure, that is the only way to lift imo...

Awards
Just stopped, no hair shed, poisioned liver or pct. Fyi, I train supersets to failure, that is the only way to lift imo...
Do you know if clomid would show up on a DOT drug test (5 panel)? Not necessarily for clomid but metabolites that might show up as an illegal drug? Thanks!

justmechillin

Do you know if clomid would show up on a DOT drug test (5 panel)? Not necessarily for clomid but metabolites that might show up as an illegal drug? Thanks!
I won't show up....

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Clomid absolutely killed my libido....took about a week to get it back once I stopped.

I was running it with hcg to get some swimmers swimming, and didn't notice any benefit to it personally....

Idk if it put my estro too low or what the dealio.

rixrix

Awards
Clomid is not a controlled substance. It is illegal to possess without a prescription, however, the law is to my knowledge not generally enforced for non-controlled substances. I have never heard of anyone arrested for, for example, personal use quantities of an antibiotic.

You may wish, however, to abstain from certain pre-workout formulas as it is unclear whether they have substances which are close enough chemically to register as meth.

Edit: I did run clomid @50mg 3x week for about six weeks. It made me moody and bitchy and killed my motivation in the gym.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clomid lowers igf1 which is a main muscle building component. Wtf? Clomid cycle..
don't.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clomid lowers igf1 which is a main muscle building component. Wtf? Clomid cycle..
don't.
Most serms do its how they show their anti cancer effect

Aromasin won't lower it they much either and high doses are androgenic. It's eerily similar to 6 bromo structure and function wise

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most serms do its how they show their anti cancer effect

Aromasin won't lower it they much either and high doses are androgenic. It's eerily similar to 6 bromo structure and function wise

Serms lower them enough to effect gains. Aromasin does not. Idk.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All serms also raise shbg. Necessary evil man

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Most serms do its how they show their anti cancer effect Aromasin won't lower it they much either and high doses are androgenic. It's eerily similar to 6 bromo structure and function wise
arimidex does not

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Arikidex does effect igf1
I'd like to see some research to support this please, I've read in many studies that it does not suppress igf-1 and in some articles where's it's believed to possibly increase it

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
You know, something like this

Short-term effects of anastrozole treatment on insulin-like growth factor system in postmenopausal advanced breast cancer patients.

Ferrari L, Martinetti A, Zilembo N, Pozzi P, Buzzoni R, La Torre I, Gattinoni L, Catena L, Vitali M, Celio L, Seregni E, Bombardieri E, Bajetta E.

Nuclear Medicine, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori of Milan, Via G. Venezian, 1, 20133 Milan, Italy.

Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) play a fundamental role in cancer development by acting in both an endocrinal and paracrinal manner, and hormone breast cancer treatments affect the IGF system by modifying circulating growth factor levels. We evaluated total IGF-1, IGF-2, IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-1 and IGFBP-3 in the blood of 34 postmenopausal advanced breast cancer patients (median age 63 years, range 41-85) treated with anastrozole, a non-steroidal structure aromatase inhibitor (NSS-AI). The plasma samples were obtained at baseline, and after 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks of treatment. The IGFs were quantitated by means of sensitive radioimmunoassays (RIAs). IGF-1 significantly increased during anastrozole treatment (baseline versus 12 weeks, P=0.031), IGF-2 showed a trend towards an increase, and IGFBP-1 constantly but not significantly decreased; IGFBP-3 did not seem to be affected at all. The anastrozole-induced changes in IGFs and IGFBP-1 appeared to be different in the patients receiving a clinical benefit from those observed in non-responders. We have previously shown that letrozole (a different type of NSS-AI) modifies blood IGF-1 levels, and the results of this study of the biological effects of anastrozole on the components of the IGF system confirm our previous observations.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to see some research to support this please, I've read in many studies that it does not suppress igf-1 and in some articles where's it's believed to possibly increase it
I believe those studies are done long term.

I have some studies I've posted like 5 years ago key me dig up

justmechillin

don't.
LOFL..... I just finished a clo cycle 12 days ago and was up to 218lbs..... I'm now on clen, L-orth & forskolin and 1500cals trying to get back to my weight class of 199..... I always wondered why there are so many weak people on this forum, its from info like yours... When you can work out with your bodyweight on dumbell curls then lmk.........

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I have like 4 other PDFs on my computer. I'll get to a comp when mobile man.
Ok, thanks, the only studies I've been able to find that claim arimidex lowers igf-1 says it's like a 5% reduction, which isn't even negligible IMO, and I've found plenty of studies that say it doesn't effect igf-1 and a few that say in increases it.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOFL..... I just finished a clo cycle 12 days ago and was up to 218lbs..... I'm now on clen, L-orth & forskolin and 1500cals trying to get back to my weight class of 199..... I always wondered why there are so many weak people on this forum, its from info like yours... When you can work out with your bodyweight on dumbell curls then lmk.........
Go ahead and mock burpees.

So...because you gained weight means my info is bad? Maybe you should do a little reading about igf1. Even via injections of testosterone you need igf1.
Nice job posting with your ego.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Go ahead and mock burpees. So...because you gained weight means my info is bad? Maybe you should do a little reading about igf1. Even via injections of testosterone you need igf1. Nice job posting with your ego.
Testosterone increases igf-1....

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Are you saying you're curling the 95s?! Because I'll go ahead and call bull**** on that right now, lol! I can get about 8 clean reps with the 70s (which is about 100lbs less than I weigh) and would love to see you attempt your body weight with dumbbell curls

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you saying you're curling the 95s?! Because I'll go ahead and call bull**** on that right now, lol! I can get about 8 clean reps with the 70s (which is about 100lbs less than I weigh) and would love to see you attempt your body weight with dumbbell curls
You beat me haha! After 5 almost 6 years training I'm doing 7 clean reps with 50s. ..Although my bicep routine is after doing weighted pull ups and chins.

justmechillin

Lol, I was doing 95 each hand 20min after my last post exhausted at @ 1-2am....... I'm gettin ready for a armwrestling tournment right now... 95lbs each hand is actually weak for me but I'm on dura&fina right now... Do you like to gamble for $$$??????? :)......

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Lol, I was doing 95 each hand 20min after my last post exhausted at @ 1-2am....... I'm gettin ready for a armwrestling tournment right now... 95lbs each hand is actually weak for me but I'm on dura&fina right now... Do you like to gamble for $$$??????? :)......
I'd love to see video of these reps

justmechillin

I'd love to see video of these reps
Lol, to compete at that level, you have to be able to hang upside down, holding onto a 2"x8"x30' piece of wood & go back and forth (hands only). That means you are having to hold your entire bodyweight in 1 hand while doing so just to be able to compete with those BMFers.... Do you understand that curling your bodywright is half that and weak... The guy I trained with in the past "1 hand" preacher curled 120 for 3 reps on a $2g bet, he was in the 219 wt class and a fukn beast and the guy I train with now, was curling 315 on a barbell getting ready for a tournment... They were both nationally ranked in the top 2... 1 gram of test a week was s.o.p. for my training partner, he was in superheavyweight... So, after hanging from a beam, 95's isn't squat.... But I'm gettin ready...... :) I did curl 110 last summer but I was sh!t face drunk and betting $$$...

Edit- my buddy said that he won the nationals, & was ranked #1 in superheavyweight...........

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Lol, to compete at that level, you have to be able to hang upside down, holding onto a 2"x8"x30' piece of wood & go back and forth (hands only). That means you are having to hold your entire bodyweight in 1 hand while doing so just to be able to compete with those BMFers.... Do you understand that curling your bodywright is half that and weak... The guy I trained with in the past "1 hand" preacher curled 120 for 3 reps on a $2g bet, he was in the 219 wt class and a fukn beast and the guy I train with now, was curling 315 on a barbell getting ready for a tournment... They were both nationally ranked in the top 2... 1 gram of test a week was s.o.p. for my training partner, he was in superheavyweight... So, after hanging from a beam, 95's isn't squat.... But I'm gettin ready...... :) I did curl 110 last summer but I was sh!t face drunk and betting $$$...
Sounds like you should be on American Ninja Warrior hahaha

justmechillin

Sounds like you should be on American Ninja Warrior hahaha
When I was in the 185lb class working out with 85's for reps & training w/ the guys in the 219lb wt class, I told him not to rip my arm off... He is a bmf... Lol..

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to clarify because AM is pretty bad about not understanding IGF...

Local IGF is what builds muscle. Systemic IGF is what exacerbates cancer.

There is no straight-forward evidence showing that local IGF affects cancer.

There is plenty of evidence that systemic IGF has NO affect on muscle growth.

So Clomid and other SERMS are likely lowering systemic IGF, which doesnt mean anything regarding muscle growth.

And yes, I'm also implying that injecting IGF LR3 has a systemic affect only and causes no muscle proliferation. It does work as a very weak nutrient partitioner though at high doses.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify because AM is pretty bad about not understanding IGF... Local IGF is what builds muscle. Systemic IGF is what exacerbates cancer. There is no straight-forward evidence showing that local IGF affects cancer. There is plenty of evidence that systemic IGF has NO affect on muscle growth. So Clomid and other SERMS are likely lowering systemic IGF, which doesnt mean anything regarding muscle growth. And yes, I'm also implying that injecting IGF LR3 has a systemic affect only and causes no muscle proliferation. It does work as a very weak nutrient partitioner though at high doses.
I agree with most of this, but about the local igf-1, idk brother, my chest calves and biceps might say differently. Haha

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with most of this, but about the local igf-1, idk brother, my chest calves and biceps might say differently. Haha
It does have an affect, but it isnt from muscle proliferation. Its probably from nutrient partitioning..basically just the same as what a steroid would do.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
It does have an affect, but it isnt from muscle proliferation. Its probably from nutrient partitioning..basically just the same as what a steroid would do.
i guess I could believe this. I did use to have a bird chest tho, haha not anymore. But it could be from training that area hard, really focusing on mind/muscle connection. And making sure my nutrients were especially high after chest day for a number of years. The pinning the calves was the worst

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i guess I could believe this. I did use to have a bird chest tho, haha not anymore. But it could be from training that area hard, really focusing on mind/muscle connection. And making sure my nutrients were especially high after chest day for a number of years. The pinning the calves was the worst
Well, if it makes u feel any better, I didnt make any of this up. I've been spending a great deal on Datbtrue's site and they have boatloads of studies specifically addressing the topic of IGF.

MGF, in copious amounts however, does work well at proliferation. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

Edit - I'm referring to IGF LR3 not creating proliferation. Local IGF does.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Well, if it makes u feel any better, I didnt make any of this up. I've been spending a great deal on Datbtrue's site and they have boatloads of studies specifically addressing the topic of IGF. MGF, in copious amounts however, does work well at proliferation. But that has nothing to do with this thread. Edit - I'm referring to IGF LR3 not creating proliferation. Local IGF does.
haha that does make me feel a little better! And you do or don't think that localized igf-1 injections cause hypertrophy?! The edit confused me

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha that does make me feel a little better! And you do or don't think that localized igf-1 injections cause hypertrophy?! The edit confused me
Localized IGF happens inside the cell and any exogenous IGF doesnt act in the same way. I may need to find some of Dat's references or posts to give a better explanation.

When I say "local", I'm referring to IGF action intracellularly. Injecting IGF-LR3 is a way to increase the systemic hormone. It also blunts MGF as they have a negative feedback relationship.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
So in laymen's terms you're making igf-1 usage sound like a terrible idea. The area of the body with the most igf-1 receptors are the intestines, and you're saying local injections are systemic. So it seems like igf-1 usage is just setting yourself up for perma gut? You're making it sound like it's def not worth the small amount of hypertrophy.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So in laymen's terms you're making igf-1 usage sound like a terrible idea. The area of the body with the most igf-1 receptors are the intestines, and you're saying local injections are systemic. So it seems like igf-1 usage is just setting yourself up for perma gut? You're making it sound like it's def not worth the small amount of hypertrophy.
No, I'm saying ANY exogenous IGF is pointless. Unless you use GHS peptides or HGH, local IGF will not increase at all.

Its nearly impossible to measure local IGF but relatively easy to measure systemic IGF, unless you have ways to do in vivo studies and the right tools to capture IGF activity inside the cells...

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
No, I'm saying ANY exogenous IGF is pointless. Unless you use GHS peptides or HGH, local IGF will not increase at all. Its nearly impossible to measure local IGF but relatively easy to measure systemic IGF, unless you have ways to do in vivo studies and the right tools to capture IGF activity inside the cells...
I say you make it sound like it's a terrible idea, you reply no, it's pointless. Lol. Stop being so tit for tat. By saying it's pointless you must be saying there are no positive benefits at all from exogenous igf usage?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say you make it sound like it's a terrible idea, you reply no, it's pointless. Lol. Stop being so tit for tat. By saying it's pointless you must be saying there are no positive benefits at all from exogenous igf usage?
There are far more productive options. It isnt worth the minimal gains unless money isnt a concern.

I'll give u some excerpts from studies later today.

vkg1

Awards
I noticed one or two people mention problems with libido on Clomid only. I myself have been taking Clomid in hopes of alleviating symptoms of low T. However, it hasn't been working. In particular, I have zero libido.

Can anyone else report their results as far as libido on Clomid only T replacement?

I am beginning to wonder if it is possible that, although it induces higher T levels, in fact Clomid might be counterproductive for those who place a high priority on restoring lost libido.

justmechillin

I noticed one or two people mention problems with libido on Clomid only. I myself have been taking Clomid in hopes of alleviating symptoms of low T. However, it hasn't been working. In particular, I have zero libido.

Can anyone else report their results as far as libido on Clomid only T replacement?

I am beginning to wonder if it is possible that, although it induces higher T levels, in fact Clomid might be counterproductive for those who place a high priority on restoring lost libido.
Try throwing in some ZMA, Now's tri-amino & Tropinol XP.

Edit- SNS Bulbine works good also, and DAA works good with everything.....

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Try throwing in some ZMA, Now's tri-amino & Tropinol XP.

Edit- SNS Bulbine works good also, and DAA works good with everything.....
Almost what I was going to say.

Bulbine and Tropinol XP would help.