1 year on TRT and checkups every 6 months for testosterone and occasionally psa from an endocrinologist. Other than that, he leaves me alone to inject as I please. 6 months ago, my test was 598 on day 2 after inject (he said perfect, mid range). Yesterday was 299 on day 7(day of inject). Range 348-1197
A couple things bother me and I wanted to bounce it of y'all.
1. He said most men age 35 have test in the 300's
2. He said to not be so precise with blood draw day
3. He said 299 is fine (even though I was terribly lethargic)
4. 4 nurses have noted my systolic BP in the 140-155 range and diastolic 84-100 but he said that's not high bp. (Family history of high BP)
5. Consistent 90+ minutes wait time after scheduled appt.
6. Higher copay ($37.50)
7. Authoritarian attitude
So there's the bad
1.I can inject how I please, typically 120 e5d instead of e7d. I pre-test my testosterone on my own before going for his.
2. I take liquid Hawthorne to effectively lower my BP short term
3. I have plenty of refills on test
So my dilemma... seek a new doc? Or play the game as I have been?
Curious as to your thoughts. I don't have a checkup until April