Test Cyp Shortage? - AnabolicMinds.com

Test Cyp Shortage?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Test Cyp Shortage?

Walgreens is having a shortage of test cyp and a couple of compound pharms have said they dont have any injectables. Anyone else experiencing this? Would also like to know if any one would have a recommendation for another protocol for an injectable? Any help would be appreciated. took my last shot on Sunday and im scared ****less that i wont have something to keep them up.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  177 lbs.

Yes. You can google Testosterone Cypionate shortage, but you get this. FYI, I keep an extra vial in the safe.

Testosterone Cypionate Intramuscular Injection
    [11 September 2013]
    Products Affected - Description

Testosterone Cypionate intramuscular injection, Paddock
    200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, (NDC 00574-0820-01)
    200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, (NDC 00574-0820-10)

Testosterone Cypionate intramuscular injection, West-Ward
    200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, (NDC 00143-9726-01)
    Reason for the Shortage

Paddock has testosterone on back order due to raw material shortage and increased demand.
    West-Ward could not provide a reason for the shortage.
    Sandoz discontinued testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL 1 mL and 10 mL vials in September 2011. Sandoz discontinued final presentation in first half of 2012.
    Available Products

Testosterone Cypionate intramuscular injection, Watson
    200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, (NDC 00591-3223-79)

Depo-testosterone intramuscular injection, Pfizer
    100 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, (NDC 00009-0347-02)
    200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, (NDC 00009-0417-01)
    200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, (NDC 00009-0417-02)
    Estimated Resupply Dates

Paddock has both testosterone cypionate presentations on back order and the company estimates a release date of late-October 2013.
    West-Ward has testosterone cypionate on allocation.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  177 lbs.

FYI, Walgreens uses Paddock, at least I got one from them thre vials ago. The last two were Watson.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Apparently Walmart is being affected too. My script was supposed to be filled last Friday and it's still not ready although they said it should be in today. Paddock is what I got last time.
    Remember why you started.
  5. New Member

Who sells West-Ward? Emailed co. But no response.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

I have had a very hard time getting paddock recently in the single dose 1ml vial. I had to get a new script for the multi dose 10ml vials of watson brand I haven't had much of a problem getting those.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by atl3128 View Post
    I have had a very hard time getting paddock recently in the single dose 1ml vial. I had to get a new script for the multi dose 10ml vials of watson brand I haven't had much of a problem getting those.
    I just found out this afternoon by my pharmacist that the Paddock 1ml vials are being discontinued, which is what my script was for so I also am going with 10 ml vials.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just had to wait 4 weeks for Watson to be filled. I heard from another guy I know on TRT that he had to wait 6 weeks for his brand.

Note to self- TRT is getting very popular. Don't wait until the last couple weeks to refill.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Another option is to look and see if there are any local compounding pharmacies in your area. I've been using one close to me and not only is the price better if your insurance doesn't cover TRT but I have never had to wait due to shortage.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Just picked up a 10ml vial of Paddock today.
  11. Senior Member

Does the brand matter with test cyp or enan? My insurance used to pay for Watson, but now only pays for West-Ward. I can tell the Watson vial and rubber stopper are better quality than the West-Ward, and Watson's oil is a tad darker yellow.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    Does the brand matter with test cyp or enan? My insurance used to pay for Watson, but now only pays for West-Ward. I can tell the Watson vial and rubber stopper are better quality than the West-Ward, and Watson's oil is a tad darker yellow.
    I can't tell any difference between paddock or Watson as far as quality goes but the paddock 1ml vial that I I've been getting always have nearly 1.5ml in them which isn't a bad thing.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by atl3128 View Post
    I can't tell any difference between paddock or Watson as far as quality goes but the paddock 1ml vial that I I've been getting always have nearly 1.5ml in them which isn't a bad thing.
    I wonder if that is an isolated batch that is like that because mine were exactly 1 ml.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I wonder if that is an isolated batch that is like that because mine were exactly 1 ml.
    Yes I think so because the previous ones I got were 1ml.
  15. New Member

Yeah f..n pharmacist failed to tell me the had the 10ml available so Ive been busting my ass all week to find a refill. Then I speak with a cool lady assistant and shes says I only have 10ml let call your doc and get it taken care of....wtf were was she all week. Lesson learned make sure you ask for the next bigger available.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  177 lbs.

All script Test should be good quality, so brand shouldn't matter. That being said, I have only tried Paddock and Watson. I pretty much stick to CVS and Walgreens.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I always had trouble finding the 1ml. Since upping the rx to 10, no problem with Walgs. But I am due for a refill this week so we shall see. Funny because the underground labs are doing just fine with test....
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.

Got my 10 ml refill at cvs Friday....no problems
  19. Senior Member

My endo told me they can't get test enanthate anymore so they're switching me to cyp
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  236 lbs.

There is no practical difference between cypionate and enanthate.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    There is no practical difference between cypionate and enanthate.
    Yea he shouldn't skip a beat.
  22. Senior Member

Now the pharmacies are telling me that neither is available in generic form, and the soonest will be December 31. W T F
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Now the pharmacies are telling me that neither is available in generic form, and the soonest will be December 31. W T F
    What's the difference in cost and who makes the generic form?
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I ran this past my friend who is a walg pharmacist. Walg buys their meds directly from manufacturers. They used to buy from 2 major suppliers but now have eliminated the middle man. I find it hard to believe that manufacturers have stopped producing testosterone, and have zero problems getting mine filled.

He suggested you go to another pharmacy or another branch because this simply is not true. He told me how much test is in his pharmacy and also the ordering process. Also, make sure you are speaking directly to the pharmacist and not to the technician. Often times the techs are uninformed and/or just don't feel like doing work.
  25. Senior Member

What's the difference in cost and who makes the generic form?
    Not sure the brands they're talking about, but the cost difference for me is $90.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Not sure the brands they're talking about, but the cost difference for me is $90.
    Dang. I can get a 10ml vial of Paddock from Walmart without insurance for $70. With insurance it's about $10.
  27. Senior Member

Dang. I can get a 10ml vial of Paddock from Walmart without insurance for $70. With insurance it's about $10.
    I haven't tried Walmart yet, I'll check them out
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I ran this past my friend who is a walg pharmacist. Walg buys their meds directly from manufacturers. They used to buy from 2 major suppliers but now have eliminated the middle man. I find it hard to believe that manufacturers have stopped producing testosterone, and have zero problems getting mine filled.

He suggested you go to another pharmacy or another branch because this simply is not true. He told me how much test is in his pharmacy and also the ordering process. Also, make sure you are speaking directly to the pharmacist and not to the technician. Often times the techs are uninformed and/or just don't feel like doing work.
    It is really ridiculous, but I had the same issues as lexmuscle for my last refill. I had to wait almost a month because all of the Walgreens were out and backording.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post

It is really ridiculous, but I had the same issues as lexmuscle for my last refill. I had to wait almost a month because all of the Walgreens were out and backording.
    Walgs can get anything in 2 days. If you're getting runaround, you need a different pharmacy. What they tell you and what is actuality may be different. My pharmacist friend couldn't believe this. BTW, they are instructed to tell people to wait 20 minutes for filling. Walgs uses this training policy so patrons look around and buy more. He said they literally do crossword puzzles for 18 minutes then fill the RX in 2.
    A few months ago, before W switched to buying through a distributor (actually 2 ) backorders were common. Now that W is their own distributor, backorders shouldn't be happening.
    Foster a great relationship with your pharmacist and be amazed at how things can get expedited.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Also, Walgs closest to hospitals are much busier and much more efficient at getting medications.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Walgs can get anything in 2 days. If you're getting runaround, you need a different pharmacy. What they tell you and what is actuality may be different. My pharmacist friend couldn't believe this. BTW, they are instructed to tell people to wait 20 minutes for filling. Walgs uses this training policy so patrons look around and buy more. He said they literally do crossword puzzles for 18 minutes then fill the RX in 2. A few months ago, before W switched to buying through a distributor (actually 2 ) backorders were common. Now that W is their own distributor, backorders shouldn't be happening. Foster a great relationship with your pharmacist and be amazed at how things can get expedited.
    Exactly. I'm on a first name basis with my two pharmacists, more because it's a small town and not real busy, but they do jump through hoops to make sure I have what I need.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Walgs can get anything in 2 days. If you're getting runaround, you need a different pharmacy. What they tell you and what is actuality may be different. My pharmacist friend couldn't believe this. BTW, they are instructed to tell people to wait 20 minutes for filling. Walgs uses this training policy so patrons look around and buy more. He said they literally do crossword puzzles for 18 minutes then fill the RX in 2.
    A few months ago, before W switched to buying through a distributor (actually 2 ) backorders were common. Now that W is their own distributor, backorders shouldn't be happening.
    Foster a great relationship with your pharmacist and be amazed at how things can get expedited.
    That is really interesting because it has happened at 3 of them and it is the same messaging every time. In fact, I call in weekly and they tell me that orders still are not getting filled, then they will get in a big shipment and fill all the orders.

I go to Costco a lot and have other places around me, so I wonder if I'd have better luck. Walgreens is just my default because I have been going there for years.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

You know, Walgs is the largest pharmacy in the world. They just keep expanding. At some point, customers are going to demand better service and individual attention. If yall keep getting this runaround, perhaps its time for a plan B...
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Well, yeah. Especially getting information that what they are telling us may not be true.
  35. New Member

Weird as i just got mine filled at Walgreens here in cali with no issue?...
  36. Senior Member

Got mine filled finally. By the way, don't go through Express Scripts. I've heard they've been telling customers for the past few months they won't have generic testosterone cypionate or enanthate, only brand name in order to charge more. Local pharmacies cost as much if not less than Express Scripts. Got a 90 day supply of my old brand for $15 from CVS.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Weird as i just got mine filled at Walgreens here in cali with no issue?...
    I'll find out today. Filling new script.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.

I did a search on the internet and found a compounding pharmacy in Houston that has product pages on both Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate. I called them up and they said they still have plenty of both in stock. The name of the pharmacy is Empower Pharmacy.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Just refilled yesterday and had no problems like I have in the past. I'm happy.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i get mine delivered to me every month with no problems
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test base to test cyp?
    By syko in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 08:16 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 08:20 PM
  3. 1-test Cyp
    By Mixelflick in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:30 PM
  4. Test Cyp Question
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. 1-test/4ad jumpstart with test cyp cycle?
    By Rictor33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 02:18 AM