Looking for advice in regards to weight training for an older guy - 53 yrs old to be precise.
~ 12% BF
Goal - lower BF to maybe 9-10% - increase weight to 165 lbs if I can maintain low BF while doing so.
I am concerned I train too often - it seems I believe in a more is better approach and i don't like complete "rest" days. But maybe what I am doing is OK.
- Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Tri's (PUSH)
- Tuesday - bodyweight workout (5 circuits of pullups, pushups, situps )
- Wednesday - Quads, hams, calves and abs
- Thurdsay - bodyweight workout as above
- Friday - bodyweight workout as above
- Saturday - Back, biceps, forearms (Pull)
- Sunday - off
go for a short ~20 minute run every morning.
Should I drop the bodyweight exercise days - it only takes me 15 - 20 minutes usually. I try to keep my weightlifting days to under 1 hr per workout.