TRT, can I take a break doing a PCT

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

TRT, can I take a break doing a PCT

I am 48 years old now and doing TRT for a little more than a year now. Back then my T level was 302, so my doctor put me on the standard on Test Cyp 200mg every two weeks. It has helped with everything that it was intended for (inability to concentrate, moods, focus and libido/erections).

But I believe that the "boys" are shrinking and am worried about it causing my body to further discontinue whatever T production it had been doing on its own. For these reasons, I was wondering if I should consider taking a break using a PCT regiment, then resume TRT after 2 moths or so.

Background info: I am 6'2", 228 lbs and still fairly solid (47" chest, 18" biceps, 17.5" neck) with a small amount of fat around the mid-section (36" waist). I have been working out since I was 17 years old (free weights, machines, body-weight and most recently P90X). And while I had noticed that workouts were getting more difficult with age (no big revelation there), my TRT was/is not intended for growth/size. Until the doctor-prescribed Test Cyp I have never taken anything other than vitamins, protein and aminos (so I know almost nothing about Rx PCT stuff {is "Gear" the correct term?})

Am I being a hypochondriac (about having the "boys" grow smaller in my sac, and shutting down my body's own T production), or is taking a month or two off a wise idea?

If anyone suggests a PCT regiment, please write like you are speaking to a complete newbie (because from a PCT perspective, you are). I would like full names of PCT items, and as much info as possible (dosage, when to take, etc...). One last thing, since my insurance doesn't cover my TRT, I have found a "gear" site that I get my Test Cyp from (for far less than $$$ my local pharmacy), and as a "gear" site, they probably also sell anything that I would need to use for a TRT-break type of PCT. So I would not "need" any recommendations about where to purchase, but surely would not object to suggestions.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hogan45 View Post
    I am 48 years old now and doing TRT for a little more than a year now. Back then my T level was 302, so my doctor put me on the standard on Test Cyp 200mg every two weeks. It has helped with everything that it was intended for (inability to concentrate, moods, focus and libido/erections).

But I believe that the "boys" are shrinking and am worried about it causing my body to further discontinue whatever T production it had been doing on its own. For these reasons, I was wondering if I should consider taking a break using a PCT regiment, then resume TRT after 2 moths or so.

Background info: I am 6'2", 228 lbs and still fairly solid (47" chest, 18" biceps, 17.5" neck) with a small amount of fat around the mid-section (36" waist). I have been working out since I was 17 years old (free weights, machines, body-weight and most recently P90X). And while I had noticed that workouts were getting more difficult with age (no big revelation there), my TRT was/is not intended for growth/size. Until the doctor-prescribed Test Cyp I have never taken anything other than vitamins, protein and aminos (so I know almost nothing about Rx PCT stuff {is "Gear" the correct term?})

Am I being a hypochondriac (about having the "boys" grow smaller in my sac, and shutting down my body's own T production), or is taking a month or two off a wise idea?

If anyone suggests a PCT regiment, please write like you are speaking to a complete newbie (because from a PCT perspective, you are). I would like full names of PCT items, and as much info as possible (dosage, when to take, etc...). One last thing, since my insurance doesn't cover my TRT, I have found a "gear" site that I get my Test Cyp from (for far less than $$$ my local pharmacy), and as a "gear" site, they probably also sell anything that I would need to use for a TRT-break type of PCT. So I would not "need" any recommendations about where to purchase, but surely would not object to suggestions.
    I wish I could give you advise because it appears this forum lacks that.
  3. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

TRT is supposed to be for life. There is no PCT.

Additionally, 200mg/E2W is a poor protocol. You would be better off using 100mg/w or better yet 50mg/E3-4days. You levels are fluctuating a lot the way you are using it now.

After a year or more you are shutdown and producing not endogenous testosterone. As a result of this your testicle have atrophied. Aside from that phobia why would you want or need to come off?

When you come off you will have a hard time restarting your HPTA and even when you do you will be back at the low or lower levels you were before and experience those same symptoms.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

If you are worried about your testicles shrinking consider having your doctor prescribed HCG; many use it along with TRT. It mimics LH, which is what your pituitary gland secretes to promote testosterone production in your testicles.
    Also agree that you should definitely inject 100 mg of testosterone every week.
    Another option is to go off of TRT completely and take Clomid, or clomiphene citrate. Clomid stimulates your pituitary to secrete its own natural LH, where as HCG mimics LH directly.
    Ask your doctor about these two restart methods; HCG or Clomid.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

The following link explains a lot

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...for_injections
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I see 2 options. Go on TRT because you need it and stay on it, or if there is question whether you need it and want to try and jump start your system, try coming off and go the Clomid route. If you plan to stay on TRT, I would not try to run PCT for a short period and then go right back on. There is point.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

no big deal coming off TRT once in a while, I do it now and then. I personally get tired of injectible test and I need a break from it, I really dont care about the size of the nuts anymore like you do but wherever floats your boat I guess. I actually feel better off the test but that's just my crazy self

Before we go any further do you have any reason to believe your nuts were the cause of low test initially or was a pituitary problem or you dont know?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I love these guys!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I love these guys!
    Hey brotha how have you been?
    How did you recover from that cycle you were doing?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Unfortunately I have no idea what initially caused the low T
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Noy sure if your still looking for some help... Def get some HCG and use it sub q the day before you inject your test... If u can do it for 2 days before your injection even better.. the HCG should work rather quickly and will def help combat the atrophy... injecting every two weeks is a very poor idea.. I know the FDA recommends every two weeks but that is just terrible. your hormones/body will have a difficult time adjusting to that.. once a week will give you better blood levels and keep you feeling a little more "even".
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Crisler (fancy TRT doc)'s protocol for HCG is 250iu 2 days before and 250iu one day before. HCG isn't as easy to get as liquid clomid/nolva but can be found with a little work.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rixrix View Post
    Crisler (fancy TRT doc)'s protocol for HCG is 250iu 2 days before and 250iu one day before. HCG isn't as easy to get as liquid clomid/nolva but can be found with a little work.
    If research nolva and Clomid are so easy to obtain, why is it impossible to find research HCG? I know it's not created in a lab, but still.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Would a SERM other than Clomid, such as Torem, work in the same way to stimulate the pituitary? Newbie question, I'm sure, but everyone above mentioned Clomid rather than just saying SERM. Reasoning?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aggression23 View Post
    Would a SERM other than Clomid, such as Torem, work in the same way to stimulate the pituitary? Newbie question, I'm sure, but everyone above mentioned Clomid rather than just saying SERM. Reasoning?
    Clomid is better for the HPTA, Nolva for gyno issues. To my understanding, Torem helps with both to a degree. If all you're looking for is the jumpstart, might as well stick with the Clomid.
    BOARD TYRANT
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

btw, just turned 35 on Saturday so now I feel I can post in this section! Lol
    BOARD TYRANT
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Would you suggest a clomid-nolva combo for gyno and restart issues? If so, what would be the protocol? Also, my birthday was yesterday! Although I'm under 35 (don't tell). Happy belated birthday.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Would you suggest a clomid-nolva combo for gyno and restart issues? If so, what would be the protocol? Also, my birthday was yesterday! Although I'm under 35 (don't tell). Happy belated birthday.
    Id suggest whatever your doc recommends! Lol. The whole idea of TRT gives me the willies...the eod protocol for Clomid is all id consider running, but thankfully my levels are all good.
    BOARD TYRANT
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

you are one of the lucky ones
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

you are one of the lucky ones
    Clean living lol
    BOARD TYRANT
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Hello guys. Been a while Since I have posted but feel I should here.

Been lifting for a long time, Never took a PH or AAS before and pretty clueless like yourself.

Anyway about 6 months ago I started feeling ..off. I went and was checked. My test came back at 160!. Yea really low.

He put me on Test cyp 2.5 ml a week for one month. Got checked on that at one month. Test was 438.
    I stayed on that for one more month.
    I too became worried about the SIZE and fertility issues so he
    Dropped dose to 1 ml a week and 2 dose a week of .70 ml of HCG . Alternating days.

HCG on Sunday , Test on Wed, HCG on Friday.
    Due to price I had to stop this run although It was my fav!.

I was then placed on only Test 1ml a week because my Estrogen was touch high so I also got 4 dose ( one a week ) of Arimedex ( sp? )

Alright so now After that month I was tested and back to normal ranges, Test 480, Estrogen below 40.

So Then I thought I would try something. I got some over the counter AI. ANACETIN 99 .

Anyway I feel It was working well. The jewels dropped back down after a week. Joint pain a touch more. I could feel my test was moving up. I looked leaner every morning.

So I go back in last week for blood work and refill of TEST... Test came back at over 1000!!! But my Estrogen was over 70+. SO.. Now I am thinking.. WHAT the foo did I find?

He backed me down on test to .75 ml a week and arimedex twice a week.

I do agree with taking the test at least once a week.

Any more info you can Pm, me.
    Here is my loghttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216779-bigguy-vs-wilpit.htmlhttp://supplementreviews.com/users/mhseaver670/reviews
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post

Clomid is better for the HPTA, Nolva for gyno issues. To my understanding, Torem helps with both to a degree. If all you're looking for is the jumpstart, might as well stick with the Clomid.
    Torem is a nolva derivative
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

So Torem would be just as effective for dealing with gyno?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigguyn10ec View Post
    Hello guys. Been a while Since I have posted but feel I should here.

Been lifting for a long time, Never took a PH or AAS before and pretty clueless like yourself.

Anyway about 6 months ago I started feeling ..off. I went and was checked. My test came back at 160!. Yea really low.

He put me on Test cyp 2.5 ml a week for one month. Got checked on that at one month. Test was 438.
    I stayed on that for one more month.
    I too became worried about the SIZE and fertility issues so he
    Dropped dose to 1 ml a week and 2 dose a week of .70 ml of HCG . Alternating days.

HCG on Sunday , Test on Wed, HCG on Friday.
    Due to price I had to stop this run although It was my fav!.

I was then placed on only Test 1ml a week because my Estrogen was touch high so I also got 4 dose ( one a week ) of Arimedex ( sp? )

Alright so now After that month I was tested and back to normal ranges, Test 480, Estrogen below 40.

So Then I thought I would try something. I got some over the counter AI. ANACETIN 99 .

Anyway I feel It was working well. The jewels dropped back down after a week. Joint pain a touch more. I could feel my test was moving up. I looked leaner every morning.

So I go back in last week for blood work and refill of TEST... Test came back at over 1000!!! But my Estrogen was over 70+. SO.. Now I am thinking.. WHAT the foo did I find?

He backed me down on test to .75 ml a week and arimedex twice a week.

I do agree with taking the test at least once a week.

Any more info you can Pm, me.
    You were put on 2.5 ml a week?? That's a 500mg cycle.
    Remember why you started.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    You were put on 2.5 ml a week?? That's a 500mg cycle.

That is what he put me on. But as you can see It still did not give me a huge test level.. Yes It did compared to where I started, but Honestly I did not feel any better on that vs 1ml a week.
    Here is my loghttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216779-bigguy-vs-wilpit.htmlhttp://supplementreviews.com/users/mhseaver670/reviews
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Answers

That is what he put me on. But as you can see It still did not give me a huge test level.. Yes It did compared to where I started, but Honestly I did not feel any better on that vs 1ml a week.
    That should have you up at like 2500-3000, way off the chart. You must be a freak of nature. lol
    Remember why you started.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

That should have you up at like 2500-3000, way off the chart. You must be a freak of nature. lol
    I take that as a compliment? lol
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    If research nolva and Clomid are so easy to obtain, why is it impossible to find research HCG? I know it's not created in a lab, but still.
    Because HCG is a controlled substance in some states. California, and North Carolina, for example.
    And yes, most HCG is now created in a lab. The days of filtering preggo women's urine are mostly over.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

There has to be a reason that he is eating up test like that. I would question whether this is really the answer and be searching out other reasons with help from the doc. That is not normal at all to take that much test and have test levels that low. 60mg keeps me hovering around 800-900 levels a few days out.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Could possibly be high SHBG?
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

That shouldn't affect total test like that.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    There has to be a reason that he is eating up test like that. I would question whether this is really the answer and be searching out other reasons with help from the doc. That is not normal at all to take that much test and have test levels that low. 60mg keeps me hovering around 800-900 levels a few days out.
    Yes but what was your level before adding the test?

I was at 160 something. SO for me to be up around 400- 500 that is a big jump. But now at 1000. So I have no idea. lol.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I've been on TRT for almost 3 years now, but it was averaging 210-260 (250-1150 scale) for the year I was testing and attempting to bring up before going on TRT.

In any case, 500mg of test is a cycle and nowhere close to TRT.. You certainly do not want to be taking that for the rest of your life, so why not find out what is really wrong instead of masking it with test?
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I've been on TRT for almost 3 years now, but it was averaging 210-260 (250-1150 scale) for the year I was testing and attempting to bring up before going on TRT.

In any case, 500mg of test is a cycle and nowhere close to TRT.. You certainly do not want to be taking that for the rest of your life, so why not find out what is really wrong instead of masking it with test?

True I was actually thinking after this week to take a break and run some DAA and keep level monitored to see what happens.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Reading your posts, it sounds like you have been on TRT for 6 months. You are shut down and need to run a proper PCT and work with your doc to try to get normal. He may tell you to stop taking any test for a month and you'll feel like ****, but then he may want to start a Clomid protocol if this isn't really your issue. Don't just stop all together and plan to take DAA with any success.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Reading your posts, it sounds like you have been on TRT for 6 months. You are shut down and need to run a proper PCT and work with your doc to try to get normal. He may tell you to stop taking any test for a month and you'll feel like ****, but then he may want to start a Clomid protocol if this isn't really your issue. Don't just stop all together and plan to take DAA with any success.
    \
    Is clomid a pill? Or shot? I am pretty clueless on those things.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

It's a pill. Until recently, docs were clueless on trying this approach before TRT, but it seems more are becoming aware. It isn't for everyone and I've only seen it work once with someone I know, but it is worth a shot to "kickstart" your natural production before being tied into TRT.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Answers

It's a pill. Until recently, docs were clueless on trying this approach before TRT, but it seems more are becoming aware. It isn't for everyone and I've only seen it work once with someone I know, but it is worth a shot to "kickstart" your natural production before being tied into TRT.
    Just the little bit he had my on with HCG. I could tell that would work as well. Or at least I feel it will ,

As of now I am On .75ml of test a week and 2 times a week a Half dose or arimedex.

Being I am thinking of trying to chill out on this for a month or two here and there what would you suggest I suggest to him?
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Unless you want to have kids at 50+, there is no reason to come off. If you want your testicles plumper, run hCG at 250 ius BIW. But it's purely for aesthetics IMO. I am on TRT, and I come on and off hCG periodically, but never off TRT. You could certainly do a PCT w/ clomid, but you are going to feel crappy and emotional, and likely lose some muscle and tone as you are shut down. I'd advise against it.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Wait a second, how many mgs per ML. No one knows how much you test you are taking until you report that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
  2. NO products can inhibit strength so why do we take them?
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
  4. 4ad question, can I take like this?
    By getpsycho in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 04:29 PM
  5. Can I take V12 + and ECA stack??
    By intel55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5