36 year old with low testosterone.

shafey

shafey

Awards
Hi guys
This is my first post here and I would like some advice.

I run a blood test 3 weeks ago and my test came at 314 . Last week I had it tested again and it came at 243 and free test at 58.

I am 36 and I started lifting like 2and a half years ago. I did only 2 test cycles each for about 12 weeks with pct. But I hardly keep my gains even when pct is done right. My body doesn't look like I have been working out for 2years. Could it be that my body has always been with low testosterone.?

Here are my questions:
- do i need trt?
- is there any other way to get the body to fix this problem?
- can I use Clomid to fix this?
- if I use 25mgs of T Propionate 2x/w, will that shut down my HPTA?

Hope to find some advice.

Diesel350z

Awards
What did the doctor say when your test came in that low? Did he test for other things like E2?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Yes your t is low, and yes you're prolly a candidate for trt, but trt won't fix a crappy training program.

And once you're on trt, it's for life bud, you will be shut down...

shafey

shafey

Awards
Thank you all for replying.
Actually I didn't see a doctor so far. I just went to a lab and ordered the blood test.

And no I didn't check thyroid. How does it affect my t level?

I was also taking some clenbuterol a week prior to the test. And was on Opti-men during the test, but I don't think this could affect the results.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And no I didn't check thyroid. How does it affect my t level?
I do not know the medical specifics behind it or the normal numbers (you can most likely google for some info) but that is, I believe, the first thing my doctor checked with my blood tests, when I wanted my hormone levels checked.

shafey

shafey

Awards
Actually I read some posts and articles about using Clomid to restart hpta and T production.

However, I really don't know what happens when I stop Clomid? Will my T numbers deteriorate again?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Actually I read some posts and articles about using Clomid to restart hpta and T production.

However, I really don't know what happens when I stop Clomid? Will my T numbers deteriorate again?
Have you done a cycle before? There are numerous situations in which your test could be only temporarily low. And you do have a rather large variation in a day.

shafey

shafey

Awards
Yes, I did 2 cycles before. The last one ended January 2013 with proper pct. It was 500 mg TE for 10 weeks and 20 mg if DBall a day weeks 1-4 and again week 10.

Actually I believe I had low t a long time ago but I just didn't realize it. I had my t measured once like 6 years ago. That's before I even start working out. It was 290 and the doctor said that I am in range, yet he gave me Andro jell for like a month and I never went back to him.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried any natural products to see how they effect you? there are a lot of good supplements that my keep you in the normal range albeit yours would be likely the low normal range.
like it was said.. TRT is for eva..

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried any natural products to see how they effect you? there are a lot of good supplements that my keep you in the normal range albeit yours would be likely the low normal range.
like it was said.. TRT is for eva..

vassille

Awards
Hi guys
This is my first post here and I would like some advice.

I run a blood test 3 weeks ago and my test came at 314 . Last week I had it tested again and it came at 243 and free test at 58.

I am 36 and I started lifting like 2and a half years ago. I did only 2 test cycles each for about 12 weeks with pct. But I hardly keep my gains even when pct is done right. My body doesn't look like I have been working out for 2years. Could it be that my body has always been with low testosterone.?

Here are my questions:
- do i need trt?
- is there any other way to get the body to fix this problem?
- can I use Clomid to fix this?
- if I use 25mgs of T Propionate 2x/w, will that shut down my HPTA?

Hope to find some advice.
Have a test measuring LH, and FSH. Those are the signal coming from pituitary to gonads. THen go from there.
If the signal is strong then u have prob with your nuts. If it's weak then look into pituitary problems.
Once you do this test then I can answer the last part of you question as to using clomid or Test to address you problem.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
That's how my endo diagnosed me with hypogonadism. My LH and FSH were super high, through the roof, but my testosterone levels were staying around 300-400ng/dL. My prolactin was also high, about 20 points over the high limit. Was checked for pituitary tumor and nothing showed up. First I was prescribed cabergoline to reduce prolactin, which worked fine. Then TRT. Almost 2 years on TRT, and I still have yet to feel many positive effects. My heart doesn't race and pound out of my chest like it used to, and I don't get adrenaline rushes like I used to. I'm sure it's probably something else that didn't warrant going on TRT, unfortunately the doctors and endos I've seen can't figure it out. I would kill to have a raging sex drive... Literally

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^ ive heard that oral trest has everybodies libido out of control. careful tho, that stuff is wicked strong and aromatizes. but maybe you could try it as a "pre" sex option @ 10-20 mgs

Op look at iForce tropinol as well as agmatine wich may help with blood flow. should make you feel a bit friskier anyhow.

shafey

shafey

Awards
Have a test measuring LH, and FSH. Those are the signal coming from pituitary to gonads. THen go from there.
If the signal is strong then u have prob with your nuts. If it's weak then look into pituitary problems.
Once you do this test then I can answer the last part of you question as to using clomid or Test to address you problem.
I did measure LH FSH they were in normal range. Not super high though.
If this is a problem with my nuts can it be fixed somehow?

vassille

Awards
I did measure LH FSH they were in normal range. Not super high though.
If this is a problem with my nuts can it be fixed somehow?
I think LH range is 1-12 or something like that...I might be wrong about the range but it's something close to that. If the signal is let's say 5 is not that strong, if it's 12 then your pituitary is screaming to produce more test. So if it was in the middle it is possible that the pituitary may send a weaker signal and your nuts are ok but dont get the right signal. Now, easy thing to do is to take HCG then measure your test levels. If it goes up then your nuts are ok and that may be a viable treatment as well as with clomid depending on what your doctor wants to do.
Im not aware of any meds to fix gonad problems unless you have an infection of somekind. For that you would need exhogenous test.

shafey

shafey

Awards
I think LH range is 1-12 or something like that...I might be wrong about the range but it's something close to that. If the signal is let's say 5 is not that strong, if it's 12 then your pituitary is screaming to produce more test. So if it was in the middle it is possible that the pituitary may send a weaker signal and your nuts are ok but dont get the right signal. Now, easy thing to do is to take HCG then measure your test levels. If it goes up then your nuts are ok and that may be a viable treatment as well as with clomid depending on what your doctor wants to do.
Im not aware of any meds to fix gonad problems unless you have an infection of somekind. For that you would need exhogenous test.
Thanks Vassille. My LH was 4.11 (0.8- 9.1 Lab normal range) and FSH was 2.37 (1.6-11 lab normal range) . I think this goes with what you said.

but how much HCG do u think I should take and for how long?

Shall I do it like on a cycle : 250 iu twice/ week? or what?

vassille

Awards
Thanks Vassille. My LH was 4.11 (0.8- 9.1 Lab normal range) and FSH was 2.37 (1.6-11 lab normal range) . I think this goes with what you said.

HCG works within hours so you dont need to be on it that long and it lasts about 2-3 days in your system. This would be just to check and see, you are not really doing a treatment. I think 250iu is too low I suggest 1000iu taken M/W/F then have you levels checked out few hours after last HCG shot. By this time it's should be evident one way or another where the problem resides. Some ppl will experience some slight pain in the gonads mostly because of the increase test production which is temporary. Since you are not shut down it may not happen to you. I will also warn you that if you nuts work your test levels will shut up quickly and having some AI on hand just in case is advised.
Just curious what kind of PCT did you do in the past?

shafey

shafey

Awards
HCG works within hours so you dont need to be on it that long and it lasts about 2-3 days in your system. This would be just to check and see, you are not really doing a treatment. I think 250iu is too low I suggest 1000iu taken M/W/F then have you levels checked out few hours after last HCG shot. By this time it's should be evident one way or another where the problem resides. Some ppl will experience some slight pain in the gonads mostly because of the increase test production which is temporary. Since you are not shut down it may not happen to you. I will also warn you that if you nuts work your test levels will shut up quickly and having some AI on hand just in case is advised.
Just curious what kind of PCT did you do in the past?
Do you mean 1000 iu in each shot ? or divided on all 3 shots?

My last PCT was only nolva 20/20/20/20 and took some Opti-Men and Gensing to promote nuts to work again.

Thank you so much for your help.

vassille

Awards
Do you mean 1000 iu in each shot ? or divided on all 3 shots?

My last PCT was only nolva 20/20/20/20 and took some Opti-Men and Gensing to promote nuts to work again.

Thank you so much for your help.
sure np
yes 1000iu each shot.

vassille

Awards

there isnt an unanymous conclusing on using anything particular for PCT because everybody have their particular underlyining issues. What works for one person may not work for others. So it's a trial and see method as to what will do for you. Also, there are some simple and more advanced PCTs protocols. I happen to like the more advanced ones which includes the use of multiple compounds laddered over a period of time for more complex cases. Regardless, any restart attempts hinges on the gonads being able to produce test. Either way there is no guarantee.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established

If you follow what they did for this guy it would be.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2360778/?page=1

10,000 IU a week for the first month then 5,000 IU a week for the next month then 2500 IU for the last month. Now that is rather high dosage but after 30 months of follow ups he is symptom free...so take that for what is worth

Also you might want to take some NAC "n-acetyl cysteine" while running at this dose as it seems to have some protective qualities for your testicles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20824644

vassille

Awards
If you follow what they did for this guy it would be.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2360778/?page=1

10,000 IU a week for the first month then 5,000 IU a week for the next month then 2500 IU for the last month. Now that is rather high dosage but after 30 months of follow ups he is symptom free...so take that for what is worth

Also you might want to take some NAC "n-acetyl cysteine" while running at this dose as it seems to have some protective qualities for your testicles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20824644
not a bad restart if you plan on coming off juice completly. I dont remember ever hiting 10000iu a week but I know I did 5000-6000iu and lived to tell the story lol