Discussion topics for the 35 and older crowd.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Hello from Puerto Rico and my name David Rios I'm 35 years old and I'm about to be 36 in June .been working out for a couple years it helps me keep younger jeje


  2. Great thread. Fellow middle ager here...IN!
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Dunn, and others: not to intrude, but because I saw a general question that hasn't been answered I felt like I should go ahead and answer it despite my age


    Check out the theraband flexbar. I've used it before and it works well. It's also the only scientifically viable method of improving this condition, even more effective than rest, antiinflammatories, or surgery: http://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Y0A2...ywords=flexbar

    The red one provides just the right amount of resistance for the exercise you want to do, shown below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMu3d7QNyg


    Can anyone vouch? I have golfers elbow (medial epicondylitis)
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  4. I can't vouch for it, but there is a a brace they have for this, it just wraps around the upper part of your forearm, making your body think the tendon is shortened and it relieves pain, doctors also like to do an anti inflammatory like aleve in addition to the brace.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Can anyone vouch? I have golfers elbow (medial epicondylitis)
    Look up: "Armaid" . Looks like an medieval torture device and it's overpriced too.
    I had golfers in one arm- and tennis in the other arm. Both problems gone, and did not stop training.
    If you really buy it, check the videos how to use it first. It is, hands down, the best remedy for forearm tendonitis.
    Used it an hour before gym and right after gym, works immediately after first use and arms get better every day.
    Avoided at first exercises who caused most pain (pull ups, hammer curls) , now doing all again, after 3 month of use.

    non-effective methods tried before:
    -icing (little help)
    -straps (somewhat help)
    -Flexbars -all colors (not really)
    -squeeze balls ( waste)
    -infrared heat lamp (nothing)
    -Cissus,MSM,DMSO,Chondriotine,G lucosamine NSAIDs (not really)
    -forearm exercises (not really)
    •   
       


  6. Ah, I forgot, it hurts using the "Armaid", because you are virtually squeezing your muscles and tendons above comfort level. Get used to it and you will heal, guaranteed.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Ah, I forgot, it hurts using the "Armaid", because you are virtually squeezing your muscles and tendons above comfort level. Get used to it and you will heal, guaranteed.
    Looking into Armaid myself. I was researching the Graston Technique and this kept being shown in search. It is overpriced for plastic.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  8. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Looking into Armaid myself. I was researching the Graston Technique and this kept being shown in search. It is overpriced for plastic.
    Way overpriced, but I would have paid much more, knowing it works as it does.
    Personally , I don't need the leg strap, nor the different plastic balls. If you are handy, you could easily build your own from wood, it really is nothing more then a big plier . Remembering your back problems, if its muscle or tendons related, a flat board on the floor with a wooden ball attached could be the solution, using your body weight to apply pressure.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Looking into Armaid myself. I was researching the Graston Technique and this kept being shown in search. It is overpriced for plastic.
    Check this out, far cheaper than Graston tools. but does the same thing. It's still an over-priced piece of metal, but definitely worthwhile:

    http://www.roguefitness.com/mobility-star

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Check this out, far cheaper than Graston tools. but does the same thing. It's still an over-priced piece of metal, but definitely worthwhile:

    http://www.roguefitness.com/mobility-star
    I would prefer the Armaid, as it has the "squeeze mechanism". This all looks like "bogus" , but who never tried it will miss out on something extraordinary.

  11. Looks interesting. My tennis elbow flares up from now and then. just work through it. started laying off the lateral raises for a while and usually good. Mine gets so bad sometimes that I cant even hold a coffee cup.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Looks interesting. My tennis elbow flares up from now and then. just work through it. started laying off the lateral raises for a while and usually good. Mine gets so bad sometimes that I cant even hold a coffee cup.
    One word:
    Armaid
    period.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  13. Hey- I'm 44 and in solid shape at 218 lbs., train 5 days a week, looking to get rid of the stomach and love handle area. Not huge by any means, but just there. 2 weeks into diet of about 5-700 cals/meal, 3-4 meals a day, depending on hunger level. Any tips? Advice? I'm all ears
    Thanks

  14. Quote Originally Posted by savvy01 View Post
    Hey- I'm 44 and in solid shape at 218 lbs., train 5 days a week, looking to get rid of the stomach and love handle area. Not huge by any means, but just there. 2 weeks into diet of about 5-700 cals/meal, 3-4 meals a day, depending on hunger level. Any tips? Advice? I'm all ears
    Thanks
    I never had any luck with spot reduction. Just keep up your diet. I had great results with BLR Follidrone 2.0. still on it, 5 weeks in and the abs are looking pretty good. it helped me lose some extra fat and still add muscle. Suggest 2 bottles if you can afford it, this will get you 8 weeks. I think this can be taken year round. Should be some good sales coming up for labor day.

  15. Thanks man- I'll give it a shot- did you stack with anything?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by savvy01 View Post
    Thanks man- I'll give it a shot- did you stack with anything?
    No. I like to go solo to see how it works.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
  2. for the Aussies and New Zealanders...
    By soseg in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 12:07 AM
  3. Over Training for 35 and Older
    By vetteman36 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 10:23 AM
  4. For the Long and Lanky
    By motiv8erJR in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 12:27 AM
  5. simple question for the doctors and pro's
    By TravTriggz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Log in
Log in