TRT injection frequency

atl3128

Awards
Just curious if it would be better(in order to maximize muscle gains) to inject 200mg Test C every 5 days or 100mg every 3days?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Just curious if it would be better(in order to maximize muscle gains) to inject 200mg Test C every 5 days or 100mg every 3days?
Based on the half-life of C, it probably doesn't matter a lot. However, to control mood, it probably is better to do twice a week. I pin twice a week and it works out great for me.

Most people here recommend twice per week. 200 every 5 days is the equivalent of 281 pet week which seems high to me for TRT and low for a blast.

atl3128

Awards
Based on the half-life of C, it probably doesn't matter a lot. However, to control mood, it probably is better to do twice a week. I pin twice a week and it works out great for me.

Most people here recommend twice per week. 200 every 5 days is the equivalent of 281 pet week which seems high to me for TRT and low for a blast.
Yeah I normally do 100mg every 3 days I was just trying to squeeze as much out of my Rx as possible fora mini blast.

atl3128

Awards
Also what is the actual half life of test c I have heard as much as 12 days and as little as 5 days?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I inject EOD with great results, 20mg test enanthate Monday/Wednesday morning, and Friday evening. I get bloods taken today, so I'll compare to 50mg twice/week.

atl3128

Awards
I was injecting 100mg every 3 days but thought if I moved it to 200 mg every 5 days I could squeeze a little more into my system for a sort of blast but I don't really want my levels to move around that much so I will stay at e3d

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
60mg e3.5d for me. No AI needed and consistently run 750ish right before next injection.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I inject EOD with great results, 20mg test enanthate Monday/Wednesday morning, and Friday evening. I get bloods taken today, so I'll compare to 50mg twice/week.
Had blood drawn 24 hours after 20mg injection, so I should know what my average test and e2 levels are by Thursday.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Had blood drawn 24 hours after 20mg injection, so I should know what my average test and e2 levels are by Thursday.
This will be interesting, and revealing. Did you get the sensitive E2?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
If you are looking for muscular gains, it wont make a difference.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Alright guys here it is! After about 5 months of injecting 20mg of testosterone enanthate three times a week, my testosterone and e2 levels are actually higher than they were injecting 50mg twice a week!

Testosterone: 962

Estradiol: 41.9

So I'll be changing my dosage to 35mg twice a week from now on. I tried to post a photo of my test results, but the anabolicminds app sucks as usual. The results were a little shocking to me, 962 wasn't even my top peak either! My top peak had to be over 1000.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Alright guys here it is! After about 5 months of injecting 20mg of testosterone enanthate three times a week, my testosterone and e2 levels are actually higher than they were injecting 50mg twice a week!

Testosterone: 962

Estradiol: 41.9

So I'll be changing my dosage to 35mg twice a week from now on. I tried to post a photo of my test results, but the anabolicminds app sucks as usual. The results were a little shocking to me, 962 wasn't even my top peak either! My top peak had to be over 1000.
Wow, what's the half life w enan? I'm wondering about how your dose of enan compares to cyp.

If my test was 962, my e2 would prolly be in the 60's.

Good info lex, thanks...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
100 mg Sundays & 100 mg Wednesday

Works well for me

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
100 mg Sundays & 100 mg Wednesday

Works well for me
But how long have you been on, and do you need an AI? What does that have your test and e2 levels at? When I first started trt a year and a half ago, I mistakenly began with 100mg twice a week and felt great. Until after about a month or so, then my e2 went way up.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
By the way, if I ever decide to blast again for some reason, I'll definitely use less and just inject 3x a week instead of 2. That way I'll keep my test levels jacked up higher and save oil at the same time! Maybe 135mg 3x a week instead of 250mg 2x a week for 8 weeks.

Even my RBC and hematocrit are about 1 point from being high.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Diffidently will follow going to blast in about 2-3months. Want to see different methods.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Diffidently will follow going to blast in about 2-3months. Want to see different methods.
Definitely use an AI. I didn't during my blast, and I was depressed as F--- when my e2 skyrocketed to 136 after 8 weeks. That was injecting 250mg twice a week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read up on both because there are two camps and little middle ground. Some love arimidex and some love aromasin. There is a ton of information available leaning towards one or the other. When I was taking 200mg a week when I first started TRT, I took arimidex (generic version) and it worked very fast. .5mg the day after injection and on one lab e2 went from 90 to 31 in a day. I have no idea if it creeped back up because I would feel decent until my next shot from an estrogen standpoint.

Here is a lazy cut and paste for an idea:
Anastrozole
Arimidex (Anastrozole) is what we call an aromatase inhibitor (AI). In clinical use, it***8217;s used to halt the progression of Breast Cancer in women. It works by blocking the aromatase enzyme, which is responsible for the production of estrogen. In athletics and bodybuilding, it is used as an ancillary compound to be added to a cycle of Anabolic Steroids. In this respect it is also used for its estrogen reducing properties, but it has the additional benefit of increasing testosterone levels, as we***8217;ll see...

Arimidex Side Effects
Many anabolic steroids aromatize (convert to estrogen via the aromatase enzyme), and this is responsible for many of the unwanted side effects found with anabolic steroid use (acne, gynocomastia, water-retention, etc...). In one study, both .5mg and 1mg doses of Arimidex were shown to decrease estrogen by roughly 50%. The 1mg/day dose also increased testosterone levels by 58% (1). In that same study, in both groups, LH and FSH also went up slightly.

Changes in testosterone and E2 concentrations in normal young men (15 22 yr old) before () and after 10 days of oral Anastrozole at 0.5 and 1 mg.(1)

This would seem to suggest that for use during a cycle, a dose of .5mgs/day would be sufficient to combat estrogen-related side effects. It is, however, important to remember that some estrogen is necessary to obtain optimal muscle growth. The lower estrogen levels provided by ´dex seems, anecdotally at least, to produce a more "hard" and "quality" look for bodybuilders who have experimented with it***8217;s use in either a cutting or bulking cycle.

I´d like to point out that the elevation in Testosterone provided by Arimidex is so large that it can be used as a "form" of testosterone replacement therapy for hypogonadal men (2). Clearly, this suggests its use in a post-cycle-therapy (as well as its previously discussed use within a cycle) to regain natural testosterone levels and full functioning of the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Testicular-Pituitary-Axis).

Literature provided by the original maker of Anastrozole (Arimidex, produced by Zeneca Pharmaceuticals) states that stable blood plasma concentrations of the compound are achieved after a mere 7 consecutive 1mg daily doses. Also, Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase (3). Thus, if you want to take it for the entire duration of a cycle of anabolic steroids, you can simply start taking it on the same day you begin your cycle. Those are some pretty good numbers, huh?

But can you use it for the entire duration of a cycle? Is it dangerous? Well, certainly reducing estrogen levels in your body is good from a body building point of view, as it reduces water-retention and the potential for gynocomastia (if there***8217;s no estrogen in your body, you can***8217;t get gyno, regardless of how much progesterone is floating around)(5). Luckily this stuff is very mild on blood lipids (cholesterol) and doesn***8217;t affect them adversely (2), in the studies I***8217;ve seen.

Arimidex and Cholestrol
As previously mentioned, those lowered estrogen levels could possibly (eventually) adversely affect your cholesterol and possibly even your immune function. I am, however, very comfortable recommending Arimidex for relatively long-term use. This should be the ancillary compound of choice for those on long and heavy cycles, especially since it also doesn***8217;t inhibit igf like some other ancillary compounds (insulin-like-growth-factor is an important component of anabolism)(4).

Aromasin
Exemestane
Aromasin (Exemestane) is a steroidal suicide aromatase inhibitor, which means that it lowers estrogen production in the body by blocking the aromatase enzyme, the enzyme responsible for estrogen systemization. (1)(2)(3)

This stuff was developed to fight breast cancer in post-menopausal women, who need a particularly aggressive therapy, and for whom first line defenses such as SERMS (Tamoxifen) have not worked. This should be our first clue in inferring that this stuff is pretty strong, or at least stronger than some of the other compounds which are used to fight breast cancer.

Aromasin and Side Effects
Aromasin averages an 85% rate of estrogen suppression (4), so it***8217;s clearly a very effective agent for bodybuilders and other athletes wanting to avoid estrogen related side effects such as gyno, acne, or water-retention brought on by aromatizing steroids. Specifically, Exemestane dose this by selectively inhibiting aromatase activity in a time-dependent and irreversible manner (hence the "suicidal" portion of it***8217;s name, I guess).(7)

As with most of the compounds in this class, it also causes a reasonable rise in testosterone levels (6), and as you may have guessed, this rise in testosterone means that Exemestane can also cause androgenic sides(8)(9)(10). Exemestane is very effective at both lowering estrogen (estradiol) and raising testosterone:
Estrogen and androgen plasma levels after 10 d of daily exemestane (25 or 50 mg) in healthy young males (mean ± SD; n = 9-11). To convert to System International units: estradiol, Pico moles per liter (x3.671); estrone, picomoles per liter (x3.699); androstenedione, nanomoles per liter (*0.003492); and testosterone, nanomoles per liter (x0.03467). (13)

So we can see that 25mgs is a very effective dose from that chart, right? As an added benefit, exemestane not only increases testosterone and lowers estrogen, but it also increases IGF levels (11).Additionally Worth noting is that Aromasin may possibly be less harsh on blood lipids (14)than some of the other (similar) compounds we use in the world of bodybuilding or athletics (other AI´s). It also has, at best no effect on IGF, and at worst could lower (13) it. AI´s are very tricky with regards to inconsistencies in IGF levels.

Unfortunately, you need to take Exemestane for a week to reach steady blood plasma levels of it, and exemestane has a ½ life of 27 hours (12.).

The ability of exemestane to lower estrogen levels by the aforementioned 85% makes it a very nice choice for use in any cycle where aromatizing steroids are used. In addition, since it***8217;s not too harsh at all on blood lipid profiles, it***8217;s a very good choice for longer cycles. It***8217;s ability to raise both testosterone levels also seem to suggest that it would be a very nice addition to a Post-Cycle-Therapy (PCT).

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What about estrogen rebound with Anastrozole? I heard something about it, but can't remember what causes it. Supposedly Aromasin didn't cause this.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
By the way, just something interesting: when I first took Anastrozole I took too much at once. It absolutely took away any emotion I had, leaving me like a robot. Which was pretty bad at the time, because I was attending a good friend's funeral and felt zero sadness. It lasted for about a week, weirdest feeling ever! Once it wore off I was able to mourn, and it hit me like a f---in ton of bricks.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the rebound discussion is overrated. Unless you are severely prone to e2 sides, I don't see it being an issue. The thing with aromasin is that it is very strong and guys I know that take it and like it, took awhile to get the protocol right because like you, they crushed their e2 for weeks trying to get it right. Plus, it takes 7-10 days to get level in your body. Arimidex works fast and I found that I only had to take it right after injection.

Then again, there are so many pluses for aromasin as well. It supposed to increase IGF, be much less harsh on lipids, and generally well tolerated for long term use once the dose is dialed in.

Pick your poison. Personally, for a little blast, I'd go with a generic arimidex and then once I fell back to TRT doses, stop an AI altogether.