Looking for another route ... starting to lose hope

v1rt

Awards
Ok guys, I took DAA which I bought in Amazon. I took 3.12-3.2g per day for straight 12-15 days before. Definitely it did something on my s---n. LOL! I work out intensely 5x a week. I also make sure I meet my macros. I do eat a lot of chicken breast, brown rice, sweet potatoes, steak, pasta, and more healthy foods. However, I've only seen very little gains this year as compared to the gains I gained last year. I think I am smaller this year.

I'm actually tempted to contact my doctor and ask for a T test. I'm 145lbs at 5'5", 42 yrs old. I know that I'm intensely working out because I am now able to do 300 lbs deadlift which is my 1 rep max. For full squats, I can do 245-255 lbs x 6. For bench, 1 rep max is 195 lbs. Today marks my 18th month working out. I do see some definition in my body but muscle mass is still missing :( Oh, one guy came over last weekend to pickup something and he is huge, great physique. He told me some tips which is to eat red meat. He also told me that I have a small frame. I'm really disappointed and losing hope. I really want to gain more muscles but not become big. I really like the physique of greg plitt.

I'm also tempted to buy dianabol or danabol or d-bol. I am not sure if that is ok. I usually don't go beyond the recommended intake. I don't want to hurt myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Ok guys, I took DAA which I bought in Amazon. I took 3.12-3.2g per day for straight 12-15 days before. Definitely it did something on my s---n. LOL! I work out intensely 5x a week. I also make sure I meet my macros. I do eat a lot of chicken breast, brown rice, sweet potatoes, steak, pasta, and more healthy foods. However, I've only seen very little gains this year as compared to the gains I gained last year. I think I am smaller this year.

I'm actually tempted to contact my doctor and ask for a T test. I'm 145lbs at 5'5", 42 yrs old. I know that I'm intensely working out because I am now able to do 300 lbs deadlift which is my 1 rep max. For full squats, I can do 245-255 lbs x 6. For bench, 1 rep max is 195 lbs. Today marks my 18th month working out. I do see some definition in my body but muscle mass is still missing :( I'm 41 yrs old. Oh, one guy came over last weekend to pickup something and he is huge, great physique. He told me some tips which is to eat red meat. He also told me that I have a small frame. I'm really disappointed and losing hope. I really want to gain more muscles but not become big. I really like the physique of greg plitt.

I'm also tempted to buy dianabol or danabol or d-bol. I am not sure if that is ok. I usually don't go beyond the recommended intake. I don't want to hurt myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
how bout instead of getting dbol, because you clearly have no clue what that is, you go to your doctor and get bloodwork done in an attempt to get on trt. at least that way, youll have an endo watchin your back if somethin goes bad

or go to an anti aging clinic and bich nonstop about erectile disfunction and lethargy, even if its not true. theyll probly cave eventually since youre 41 (instead of 25 ring to get trt lol)

btw dude, theres a reason everyone calls the first 6 months "noob gains." your body just kind of learns to work in unison giving off the impression of amazing strength gains. its really just motor learning, form, and some glycogen storage

v1rt

Awards
I'll setup an appointment with my family doctor sometime this month. Thanks!

By the way, it's my first time hearing trt. What is it?

v1rt

Awards
How can I convince my doctor that I need testosterone?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
How can I convince my doctor that I need testosterone?
you wont unless you go in and have your blood drawn to get a test reading. if its normal, youre S.O.L. if its low, then he/she might suggest it. or you can suggest it yoruself and see what happens

v1rt

Awards
you wont unless you go in and have your blood drawn to get a test reading. if its normal, youre S.O.L. if its low, then he/she might suggest it. or you can suggest it yoruself and see what happens
I spoke to him. He told me that I should take thyroid, full and free testosterone test, lipid, muscle something(forgot the term), cbc. Date is on the 29th.

If let's say it's normal, that means, I'm in bad luck. What products can I buy? I did some research and some recommendation was Tribulus.

v1rt

Awards
Previously I can do up to 3-4 during sex but of course with some rest in between like 15-30 mins. That was about 10-15 years ago. Now I can only do twice but the second is even harder, it's lesser :( Are these some signs my T is on the low side?

rfarns01

Awards
Previously I can do up to 3-4 during sex but of course with some rest in between like 15-30 mins. That was about 10-15 years ago. Now I can only do twice but the second is even harder, it's lesser :( Are these some signs my T is on the low side?
It's a good sign your getting older, welcome to the club, as one said go get your levels tested, just an FYI just because you get on trt does not mean your going to start gaining muscle the goal of trt is to get you in normal ranges and feeling good, now don't get me wrong you may see some improvement. But if your not extremely tired during and after workouts I doubt your low enough to get on trt, just my honest opinion.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I spoke to him. He told me that I should take thyroid, full and free testosterone test, lipid, muscle something(forgot the term), cbc. Date is on the 29th.

If let's say it's normal, that means, I'm in bad luck. What products can I buy? I did some research and some recommendation was Tribulus.
well actually, if its normal,then thats a good thing. that means your issue isnt hormonal. when its not hormonal, it an usually be fixed with diet or light therapy (if youre just uber stressed or somethin). if you end up having low T, you might gt prescribed trt. which means shooting up exo test 1-2 times a week. some drs make you come in to get it done too

rfarns01

Awards

Oh man, dude if your testosterone is normal thats a good thing, believe me if I didn't feel like sh!t before going on trt I wouldn't have started on it. While it is awesome once you get dialed in, it can be tough, erections can get worse, no sex drive at all, your blood pressure can go up, your red blood cells start to rise, my friend stop asking questions and go read as much information as you can.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
how bout instead of getting dbol, because you clearly have no clue what that is, you go to your doctor and get bloodwork done in an attempt to get on trt. at least that way, youll have an endo watchin your back if somethin goes bad

or go to an anti aging clinic and bich nonstop about erectile disfunction and lethargy, even if its not true. theyll probly cave eventually since youre 41 (instead of 25 ring to get trt lol)

btw dude, theres a reason everyone calls the first 6 months "noob gains." your body just kind of learns to work in unison giving off the impression of amazing strength gains. its really just motor learning, form, and some glycogen storage
Excellent advice. There are plenty of posts here to communicate the labs you need to have your physician order. I am sure you are paying so there is not reason they should say no. Just don't come across as an A##. At a minimum get the following labs:
Test, Total
Test, Free
Estrogen
Estradiol,
SHBG
RBC
PSA
LH, FSH
I also suggest a thyroid panel.

Once you get these results post here an we will help you.

v1rt

Awards
Excellent advice. There are plenty of posts here to communicate the labs you need to have your physician order. I am sure you are paying so there is not reason they should say no. Just don't come across as an A##. At a minimum get the following labs:
Test, Total
Test, Free
Estrogen
Estradiol,
SHBG
RBC
PSA
LH, FSH
I also suggest a thyroid panel.

Once you get these results post here an we will help you.
You are awesome! I will definitely do that! :)

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm really disappointed and losing hope. I really want to gain more muscles but not become big. I really like the physique of greg plitt.
No don't lose hope, practice first, just really liking your OWN build and what you have done for yourself and do not look for others to compare yourself too. You'll get by much better and be much happier for it in the long run. Your lifts are pretty great for your size dude, so be very happy with those accomplishments.
Do you mean not adding body fat? Everyone I know who is in this game is pretty much after the same thing. They want muscle size only, without making their gut or all over size smoother/bigger. It can be a tough goal if you are not adding cals./bodyweight.

Lastly, you mention intensity, but not much on your routine set up. Do you use more intensity than volume say?

v1rt

Awards
No don't lose hope, practice first, just really liking your OWN build and what you have done for yourself and do not look for others to compare yourself too. You'll get by much better and be much happier for it in the long run. Your lifts are pretty great for your size dude, so be very happy with those accomplishments.
Will do.

Do you mean not adding body fat? Everyone I know who is in this game is pretty much after the same thing. They want muscle size only, without making their gut or all over size smoother/bigger. It can be a tough goal if you are not adding cals./bodyweight.
I'm aware of the fat that we get when we try to gain. What I really meant to say was that, for almost a year, I never reach 150 lbs even if I eat like crazy. The foods I know are healthy (brown rice, sweet potatoes, broccoli, fruits, chicken, oatmeal, avocados). I've reached 3200 cals which is even more beyond my macros. Maybe because I move a lot.

Lastly, you mention intensity, but not much on your routine set up. Do you use more intensity than volume say?
When I say intensity, I meant heavy weights, few reps like around 4-6 but 5-6 sets. I also try to rest not more than a minute. I usually target 45 sec rest.

Thanks for the encouragement!

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm aware of the fat that we get when we try to gain. What I really meant to say was that, for almost a year, I never reach 150 lbs even if I eat like crazy. The foods I know are healthy (brown rice, sweet potatoes, broccoli, fruits, chicken, oatmeal, avocados). I've reached 3200 cals which is even more beyond my macros. Maybe because I move a lot.
Well, if you are using more energy to lift heavier weights, then the food you are consuming is most likely "maintaining" and not necessarily a surplus to gain even more BW. If you want to add some mass, you may want to try bumping up the food intake just a tad and consistently. I might also bet you have (just like most of us) levels in BW, where you stick around or your body tries to maintain as homeostasis. To get up past those I had to add cals.
Honestly it is much much safer than PHs and will be much longer lasting without much worries, cash, upset hormone balances and health concerns.

v1rt

Awards
Well, if you are using more energy to lift heavier weights, then the food you are consuming is most likely "maintaining" and not necessarily a surplus to gain even more BW. If you want to add some mass, you may want to try bumping up the food intake just a tad and consistently. I might also bet you have (just like most of us) levels in BW, where you stick around or your body tries to maintain as homeostasis. To get up past those I had to add cals.
Honestly it is much much safer than PHs and will be much longer lasting without much worries, cash, upset hormone balances and health concerns.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the abbrev BW and PH. What are they?

Thanks!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the abbrev BW and PH. What are they?

Thanks!
BW= Body Weight
PH= ProHormone

Agree with above mention of not taking in enough calories. Are you tracking what you are eating in terms of Protein, Carbs and Fat (Macros)? I'm 5'6" and 165lbs. My maintenance intake is about 2500 cals or about 250p/250c/60f (grams of each). This is just maintenance. If I'm bulking I usually increase cals by 500.

v1rt

Awards
BW= Body Weight
PH= ProHormone

Agree with above mention of not taking in enough calories. Are you tracking what you are eating in terms of Protein, Carbs and Fat (Macros)? I'm 5'6" and 165lbs. My maintenance intake is about 2500 cals or about 250p/250c/60f (grams of each). This is just maintenance. If I'm bulking I usually increase cals by 500.
I did before using a phone application. I will have to try it again. What I've been doing lately is just eating tons of food. Like this morning around 6am, I had about 2 cups of brown rice and maybe about 10 oz chicken. Then around 9am, I had 28 pieces of raw almonds and 1 cup greek yogurt. In 30 mins, I will be eating chicken gyro. It's a big gyro 7-8 inches long and about 3-3.5 inches in diameter. Tons of shredded chicken. Around 3pm, I will be eating raw almonds again and greek yogurt. Around 4:30, always eat double quarter pounder from McDonalds(hahaha) with bottled water. Then at 7pm, I work out. Around 8, I drink my whey protein with 1/2 cup dry oats, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 8 pieces strawberries, 1 banana, iso-100 dymatize, and 1 cup goat milk. Few minutes after this, I eat 2 cups of brown rice again, 1/2 broccoli, and 10oz chicken breast. And before I sleep around 1am, I eat another cup of greek yogurt. This is normally what I eat daily.

Oh sometimes, chipotle double chicken fajita burrito during lunch :D

I will calculate this tonight.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran that daily intake in my iPhone app and it's about: 4700 cals 369p/456c/153f. You should be getting fat around the waist with this diet! Lol

I wonder if you are estimating amounts correctly, 10 oz of chicken is about 3 full breasts. Hmm. You should be putting on weight.

v1rt

Awards
I ran that daily intake in my iPhone app and it's about: 4700 cals 369p/456c/153f. You should be getting fat around the waist with this diet! Lol

I wonder if you are estimating amounts correctly, 10 oz of chicken is about 3 full breasts. Hmm. You should be putting on weight.
I do have fats in my waist but not much. I ran 2-3 a week. Man, I can't believe I am eating that much! What application is that?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Using app called Protein Tracker. Your exercise intensity is way up there with the running. Do you have a Heart Rate monitor? I have one that works with a wrist watch computer. When I work out I wear it to track how many cals I'm burning and then adjust my food intake. I'm 53 and this has helped put mass on me.

v1rt

Awards
Using app called Protein Tracker. Your exercise intensity is way up there with the running. Do you have a Heart Rate monitor? I have one that works with a wrist watch computer. When I work out I wear it to track how many cals I'm burning and then adjust my food intake. I'm 53 and this has helped put mass on me.
No, I don't have a heart rate monitor.

This is me about late June this year. I'm a little bigger today.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7334/ymri.jpg

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I do have fats in my waist but not much. I ran 2-3 a week. Man, I can't believe I am eating that much! What application is that?
I use livestrong for the Iphone, it is free and good.

v1rt

Awards
Age withdrawal!!! HAHAHA! I'm really 42. Not sure why I wrote 41. I'll have to find where I posted it.

v1rt

Awards
I removed 41 from that post. It's good now. I'm 39, hahaha jk :D

Anyways, my annual physical checkup is on the 29th. I'll mention all the test that was posted earlier.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, it may be true that as older guys workout and start moving towards healthier lifestyles, they do decrease their aging, so ha ha, you're youthing not aging...!

v1rt

Awards
Thank you pappybay! :)

Here is an update. I met my doctor today. I mentioned to him the different test I wanted. He said that the others test I mentioned are not covered by my insurance and would costs thousands. So only lipid, cbc, liver, kidney, testosterone and thyroid are included.

I hope I'll know the results tomorrow.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Thank you pappybay! :)

Here is an update. I met my doctor today. I mentioned to him the different test I wanted. He said that the others test I mentioned are not covered by my insurance and would costs thousands. So only lipid, cbc, liver, kidney, testosterone and thyroid are included.

I hope I'll know the results tomorrow.

I hate to telll you this but your Doc is just wrong. If you are going to use AAS, it is mandatory in my opinion you check E2 (estradiol). You need to establish a baseline. Look, just wait for the test results and post them here.

If you go on TRT, you need to get E2, SHBG baselines BEFORE you start. If you are using Labcorp or Quest, you can get a cash price. These tests are very cost effective. You can also use privateMDlabs: http://www.privatemdlabs.com/

Also, if he is the one guiding you on TRT, you better start learning quick. Any Doc that does not monitor estrogen levels DOES NOT KNOW what they are doing, period, end of discussion.

I hope your lab results prove a clear path to help you with your dilemma. Make sure you post results and the outcome with your Doc here and hang in there, you will find a solution if you are persistent.

v1rt

Awards
will post it once I receive it.

It's his own nurse who extracted blood today. I didn't go to Quest. I didn't get when you said I can get a cash price.

v1rt

Awards
Got my results today
Thyroid .9
Testosterone - 345 - he said 200 was the normal.

All other test like cholesterol were normal.

What are your thoughts?

That's all he told me.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Got my results today
Thyroid .9
Testosterone - 345 - he said 200 was the normal.

All other test like cholesterol were normal.

What are your thoughts?

That's all he told me.

I assume you mean total test is 345. That is low in my opinion for your age and goals. Your doctor is a MORON.

His decision making tree-----> is test in range?

Yes -- nothing to do
No -- damn, what do I do now?

First:
Is your diet in good condition. Don't say you think so! Download myfitnesspal (iphone or use on the web) and track your calories for a week. It is free.
Read as much as you can here RE TRT, the relationship between Test, Estrogen and the HTPA, SHBG, LH and TSH. You can also Google these terms. Read for hours. Do this for one week.

After the week, look at your food. Is it really in good shape? High protein, mid carbs and mid fats? Cay 60% protein, 20% carbs, 20% fats? If not, fix the issue, consistently. You need to be honest with yourself on this matter.

THIS IS MY OPINION> OTHERS WILL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS I CAN ASSURE YOU.
Second, once you know what you are talking about, you go back to your doc and tell him you want to discuss TRT. You want your Total Test Levels in the 850-900 range and free test in the 300-350 range and you E2 in the 20-30 range. and you want to start at 150-180 MG per week and self inject (2 times per week). Your also want a script for anastrozole (comes in 1 MG tablets) at a dose of 2.5 MG per week (a little higher than you will probably need). If you go in half informed, you are screwed.

You could start with angrogel but for your goals I suggest you go straight to injections.

It is your money and he can either agree or not. If he agrees, great. If not, smile, thank him and go find another Doc, preferably a TRT doc. DO NOT GIVE UP.
When I started all my labs looked good except Total Test, which was at 408, above yours and I was at age 51.

Now, relax, get busy and learn. I mean really learn.

TopDoc72

Awards
I actually registered to this forum while checking out the site because of this thread...

v1rt, I believe your solution may be multi-factorial. In this topic, you have indirectly stated that you need serious nutritional assistance by not knowing the number of calories, or what percentages you are eating. This also translates into poor food choices typically. I have seen many people who honestly believe that they are eating optimally, but in reality they are far from it. You did seem to post a relatively detailed description of your typical diet, so it does state that you have a good grasp. pappybay hit on this in his last post as well.

Recommendation #1 of mine would be to do a serious look at your nutrition again with exactly what you eat and how it affects you from energy to metabolism. This, as many already know is probably the single most important factor in bodybuilding / training.

Recommendation #2: kenpoengineer touched on an item which would also assist with your goal. Using a heart rate monitor, or even one of many "Caloric expenditure" devices will assist with your daily calculations to fine tune your training for maximal gains. Not a complete necessity, as many pros don't use these devices, but many elite soldiers / military do like to use them for optimizing their ability.

Now here is where the topic shifts from exercise / sports physiology into medical science…

You need to check the labs reference range for testosterone. Most non-medical people are not aware that testosterone , thyroid and many other Endocrinological lab tests are notoriously difficult to process. Many labs perform these tests, but their results are invalid. Check the lab's ranges for your age group and gender. I would also check with an Endocrinologist on what lab he/she uses to have their testing done for guidance. You did not say when you took the lab test. Testosterone needs to be drawn in the morning. It is time dependent. Your levels change throughout the day.

Having said that, giving your lab choice was a respectable one, and your 345 was "total testosterone" in ng/dL, your testosterone level is low. You should be around 650ng/dL with a std deviation of around 150, or so, minimally. Normal ranges can go as high as 1100-1200ng/dL, but as you age, don't expect these numbers. So you should be at your lowest 500ng/dL.

Your "thyroid" of 0.9, again, I am assuming it was your TSH (thyroid stimulating factor) which is a quick "spot check" way of checking the thyroid axis, would be in the normal range for most labs taking into consideration what I said above. Typical ranges are from 0.4-6 with a goal of 1.0-2.5mIU/L being considered optimal by medical science and Endocrinologists. Typically to really check your thyroid, a free thyroxine (FT4) should be obtained to accurately gauge the thyroid axis.

I would like to clarify the required tests to get your information and get to the point…
(Just looking for hypogonadism / low testosterone, not other causes which need to be looked at as well)
1st visit to MD: Total testosterone, Free testosterone, TSH, FT4

2nd visit to MD (with your low total testosterone level): FSH and if he wants to save a trip inhibin B.

That's it. This will tell you absolutely if you have hypogonadism and low testosterone. Testosterone is synthesized in the Leydig cells of the testicles and a very small amount converted in adipose tissue (fat)(this is why you see really fat women with mustaches sometimes…that and PCOS).

Decision to treat, unfortunately is not as easy as this. Testosterone supplementation is directly related to if you're at risk. You physician will have to counsel you on these risks and check some more blood work. (CBC, CMP, Lipid profile and baseline PSA). IF these ALLOW you to commence treatment then you will need close monitoring with lab draws monthly at first, then 3 months, then it will relax after that. Your first year will be spent in labs and doctor's offices though.

Testosterone is nothing to play with. Get a good physician to help you. (Sorry, I don't like to bash, but I am guessing by your post's wording, your physician is a Family Practitioner. There are good ones, but their training is very different then the rest of the medical field.) OK…tired of typing. Questions, just ask. I'll see what I can do to help.:sleepy:

v1rt

Awards
I actually registered to this forum while checking out the site because of this thread...

v1rt, I believe your solution may be multi-factorial. In this topic, you have indirectly stated that you need serious nutritional assistance by not knowing the number of calories, or what percentages you are eating. This also translates into poor food choices typically. I have seen many people who honestly believe that they are eating optimally, but in reality they are far from it. You did seem to post a relatively detailed description of your typical diet, so it does state that you have a good grasp. pappybay hit on this in his last post as well.
Yup. Been reading tons of info about diet for 1.5 years now.

Recommendation #1 of mine would be to do a serious look at your nutrition again with exactly what you eat and how it affects you from energy to metabolism. This, as many already know is probably the single most important factor in bodybuilding / training.
Will do. I would like to mention though that my energy is upto the roof. Foods I eat are oatmeal, brown and white rice, avocados, broccoli, plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fish(tilapia/tuna), fruits, boiled egg white(6x a day), pasta, sweet potato, I've reduced bread, ice cream, and many more.

After workout, I make a protein shake(1 cup milk, 1 whole banana, 1/2 cup dry oats, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup strawberry, 1 scoop protein powder(ON, ISO-100, etc)

Recommendation #2: kenpoengineer touched on an item which would also assist with your goal. Using a heart rate monitor, or even one of many "Caloric expenditure" devices will assist with your daily calculations to fine tune your training for maximal gains. Not a complete necessity, as many pros don't use these devices, but many elite soldiers / military do like to use them for optimizing their ability.
This one, I'm still confuse as to how monitoring our heart rate will help in our gains.

Now here is where the topic shifts from exercise / sports physiology into medical science…

You need to check the labs reference range for testosterone. Most non-medical people are not aware that testosterone , thyroid and many other Endocrinological lab tests are notoriously difficult to process. Many labs perform these tests, but their results are invalid. Check the lab's ranges for your age group and gender. I would also check with an Endocrinologist on what lab he/she uses to have their testing done for guidance. You did not say when you took the lab test. Testosterone needs to be drawn in the morning. It is time dependent. Your levels change throughout the day.
I asked my doctor the other day to send me a copy of the results. However, I also found another thread that we can do lab work via Labcorps for $50.

Having said that, giving your lab choice was a respectable one, and your 345 was "total testosterone" in ng/dL, your testosterone level is low. You should be around 650ng/dL with a std deviation of around 150, or so, minimally. Normal ranges can go as high as 1100-1200ng/dL, but as you age, don't expect these numbers. So you should be at your lowest 500ng/dL.
Got it. I'm far from the ideal value.

Your "thyroid" of 0.9, again, I am assuming it was your TSH (thyroid stimulating factor) which is a quick "spot check" way of checking the thyroid axis, would be in the normal range for most labs taking into consideration what I said above. Typical ranges are from 0.4-6 with a goal of 1.0-2.5mIU/L being considered optimal by medical science and Endocrinologists. Typically to really check your thyroid, a free thyroxine (FT4) should be obtained to accurately gauge the thyroid axis.
He told me the range is 0.4 to 4. I think.

I would like to clarify the required tests to get your information and get to the point…
(Just looking for hypogonadism / low testosterone, not other causes which need to be looked at as well)
1st visit to MD: Total testosterone, Free testosterone, TSH, FT4

2nd visit to MD (with your low total testosterone level): FSH and if he wants to save a trip inhibin B.

That's it. This will tell you absolutely if you have hypogonadism and low testosterone. Testosterone is synthesized in the Leydig cells of the testicles and a very small amount converted in adipose tissue (fat)(this is why you see really fat women with mustaches sometimes…that and PCOS).

Decision to treat, unfortunately is not as easy as this. Testosterone supplementation is directly related to if you're at risk. You physician will have to counsel you on these risks and check some more blood work. (CBC, CMP, Lipid profile and baseline PSA). IF these ALLOW you to commence treatment then you will need close monitoring with lab draws monthly at first, then 3 months, then it will relax after that. Your first year will be spent in labs and doctor's offices though.
I had cbc, lipid profile done as well. He told me all the values I have are all optimum.

Testosterone is nothing to play with. Get a good physician to help you. (Sorry, I don't like to bash, but I am guessing by your post's wording, your physician is a Family Practitioner. There are good ones, but their training is very different then the rest of the medical field.) OK…tired of typing. Questions, just ask. I'll see what I can do to help.:sleepy:
You are right. He is a family practitioner. I don't know where I can find a good doctor in my area.

v1rt

Awards
Can I be at risk if I alter my testostorone? I am a very healthy person, very athletic too.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Can I be at risk if I alter my testostorone? I am a very healthy person, very athletic too.
Anytime you put something into your body you assume risk, including test. If you take responsibility for educating yourself (like you are doing), understand the relationship between

Gear
Nutrition
Training
Supplements
A Lab-driven approach

you will significantly limit your downside risk. If you read threads here, the biggest risk is typically gyno-related problems and disappointment regarding results. In both of those circumstances, the posters typically have NOT understood one or more of the areas above (or they understand them and do not have discipline to properly manage).

I encourage you to get heavily involved and be smart about your choices. Reread my post #37, set up a plan and execute. Don't look back. We are here to help you.

:cool:

v1rt

Awards
Anytime you put something into your body you assume risk, including test. If you take responsibility for educating yourself (like you are doing), understand the relationship between

Gear
Nutrition
Training
Supplements
A Lab-driven approach

you will significantly limit your downside risk. If you read threads here, the biggest risk is typically gyno-related problems and disappointment regarding results. In both of those circumstances, the posters typically have NOT understood one or more of the areas above (or they understand them and do not have discipline to properly manage).

I encourage you to get heavily involved and be smart about your choices. Reread my post #37, set up a plan and execute. Don't look back. We are here to help you.

:cool:
Got it!

About "gyno-related problems", is it the same as the one I had when I was 13 until 28? It's a hard ball under my nipples and it was painful. My friends always tell me to wear bra. LOL! hahaha! However, I didn't have any fats in my chest because I was super skinny. My son has this hard ball now and same as me, super skinny. LOL!

TopDoc72

Awards
I would look more into the low testosterone. This is critical for muscle mass.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Got it!

About "gyno-related problems", is it the same as the one I had when I was 13 until 28? It's a hard ball under my nipples and it was painful. My friends always tell me to wear bra. LOL! hahaha! However, I didn't have any fats in my chest because I was super skinny. My son has this hard ball now and same as me, super skinny. LOL!
Sounds like it to me regarding your past.

You or your son can still get the Sub Q fat even if you are not fat or don;t eat a lot of fats. It is just how the body functions. . I have a small one and I can assure you I am not fat.

:)