200mg test e every 3 weeks for trt

robmm

robmm

Awards
Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is crazy. I am 36 years old and dr just put me on 200mg of test e injected every 3 weeks. My test levels were at 248. Now it's my understanding that the half life of test is 5-7 days. Is this not going to cause me even more problems at this dose? I am struggling big time with mood, and lethargy and weight this is why he started the trt. I have never cycled anything before. Just wanted some info from you guys thanks

napalm

napalm

Awards
That's ridiculous, find a new doc. And the half life of test cyp is around 8 days..

robmm

robmm

Awards
That's what I thought! I'm on test e just had first shot yesterday, and he has my test, I get to bring it home with me next time I get a shot, only because my wife is a nurse, it took me a year to find a dr to help me get on trt, I hope he will listen to reason

TRTDetroit

TRTDetroit

Awards
Hit the local pharms in town and ask them what doctors are prescribing test. They will share that with you (or most will) and find a new doc quickly.

robmm

robmm

Awards
Hit the local pharms in town and ask them what doctors are prescribing test. They will share that with you (or most will) and find a new doc quickly.
Well I called a dozen pharmacys and they wouldn't give me any info on dr's prescribing test. They all were shocked I was having injections, they mostly deal with androgel and pellets, and everyone them said there was no problem with my 200mg every 3 weeks

robmm

robmm

Awards
Well I called a dozen pharmacys and they wouldn't give me any info on dr's prescribing test. They all were shocked I was having injections, they mostly deal with androgel and pellets, and everyone them said there was no problem with my 200mg every 3 weeks
Maybe things are diffrent here in Alberta, and that's why they won't give me any info on the dr's. in going to call my dr on Monday and try and talk some sense into or get him to possibly call a endo for some advice

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
Enjoy the roller coaster ... you would be better off with 60/70mg a week (which would still not be all that good).

F

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Enjoy the roller coaster ... you would be better off with 60/70mg a week (which would still not be all that good).
I agree with the better off part but I dont know one could say it would not be all that good. I'm sure that is the proper dose for some individuals if true HRT is the goal.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just bring it home, start injecting with increased frequency that would roughly equal what your e3w protocol is.

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
Google Dr Alvin Lin...he's in Las Vegas, he has some great write ups...I'm thinking of calling him and I'm in Florida! I agree with the others, once a week is needed.

robmm

robmm

Awards
I'm calling the office on Monday and talking to his nurse to get it changed to 200mg every two weeks instead of the three, and then take 100mg a week to keep things more stable, I don't wont to be on a hormonal roller coaster. Thanks guys for the feedback. Any ideas on how to go about this with the dr?

F

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Google Dr Alvin Lin...he's in Las Vegas, he has some great write ups...I'm thinking of calling him and I'm in Florida! I agree with the others, once a week is needed.
Why call Vegas? Florida is a haven for Anti Aging medicine.

T

texastea

Awards
Just bring it home, start injecting with increased frequency that would roughly equal what your e3w protocol is.
I agree with this advice. To the OP, is your doctor allowing you to self inject?

robmm

robmm

Awards
I agree with this advice. To the OP, is your doctor allowing you to self inject?
I have to go in for my next shot, then he is letting me bring it home so my wife can inject it for me, and he is only letting me bring it home because my wife is a nurse. Waiting for the clinic to open and going to ask him to switch to 200mg every two weeks and then just do 100mg every week so I am more stable

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd try injecting 50mg e5d and see what your levels look like.

T

texastea

Awards
Yeah. 10 mg a day is sufficient for lots of guys and is roughly equivalent to 200mg every 3 weeks and is a far better injection protocol. Seems that things are workable with your doctor. I wouldn't start arguing dosages until you get follow up labs performed.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Most General practitioners and or Endo's that I have had interactions with tend to start people at 200mg every two weeks. I have worked with mine to increase frequency and dose but once a week seems optimal for me.

TRTDetroit

TRTDetroit

Awards
Sorry about your luck with talking to the pharmacists. When I asked it was always face to face. If I was a pharmacist I might be a little leery talking on the phone about that.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Sorry about your luck with talking to the pharmacists. When I asked it was always face to face. If I was a pharmacist I might be a little leery talking on the phone about that.
Compounding pharmacies are the best to ask not the big name ones......

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most General practitioners and or Endo's that I have had interactions with tend to start people at 200mg every two weeks. I have worked with mine to increase frequency and dose but once a week seems optimal for me.
Yep, this is true. It is very frustrating with so much data out there, that almost every doctor and endos are so far behind the times. I would feel like I was educating them when I would go in.

It took 2 1/2 years, but my doctor finally said to me on my last visit, "listen, I don't care if you inject once a week, twice a week, or everyday. I just want you to feel great and to come in here with normal test levels"

robmm

robmm

Awards
Yep, this is true. It is very frustrating with so much data out there, that almost every doctor and endos are so far behind the times. I would feel like I was educating them when I would go in.

It took 2 1/2 years, but my doctor finally said to me on my last visit, "listen, I don't care if you inject once a week, twice a week, or everyday. I just want you to feel great and to come in here with normal test levels"
This is my goal! Just want to feel good again!

robmm

robmm

Awards
So the dr switched me to 200mg every two weeks and said if I wanted to do 100mg a week he was ok with it, as long as it makes me feel better he is on with it

napalm

napalm

Awards
So the dr switched me to 200mg every two weeks and said if I wanted to do 100mg a week he was ok with it, as long as it makes me feel better he is on with it
Good, break it up to 50/twice a week and get some labs done in a month...

scw538

scw538

Awards
Compounding pharmacies are the best to ask not the big name ones......
Correct I just called compound pharmacy and asked about a hormone doctor that has a lot of patients. I was recommended a np. Been great.

robmm

robmm

Awards
Now that I am on 100mg a week I feel so much better!!!!

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Now that I am on 100mg a week I feel so much better!!!!
That is great news. Now, get on some quality supplements and start seriously focusing on your macros.

Supplements I take:
A good multi-vitamin
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Opti-Men-Multivitamins-180-Count/dp/B0015R3AAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375012619&sr=8-1&keywords=multivitamin
Fish Oil (I get these at Walmart)
http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Made-Ultra-Omega-3-Softgels/dp/B005D0DSMO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1375012678&sr=1-1&keywords=fish+oil+omega+3+pearls
Vitamin D-3 (I guarantee you re deficient) 15,000 IU per day
Magnesium (men are almost guaranteed to be deficient in Magnesium and the multivitamin I recommend only supplies 25% RDA)

There are others but I consider these to be a "must do" Why do I say a must do? Mine (the mag and D-3) were based on lab results and my very well informed TRT Doc as well as my other docs all say Mag and D-3 are vitally important.

Macros:
Diet (what you eat) is the most important factor period. You can be perfectly balanced TRT and have a crappy diet--result--suboptimal energy, poor health, etc.
If you are interested in a protein drink, there are many great choices. I use ON and order in 10 lb bags from Amazon, but there are excellent sources you can find here as well.

I guess my point is to maximize the awesome opportunity you have.

robmm

robmm

Awards
I do take 3 grams of wild salmon and fish oils, Jamison naturals power multi for men, plus 100mg Jamison naturals potassium for calf cramps, 25mg of zinc, and 2000iu of vitamin d3 drops. I also have a syntha 6 protein as my blended whey, and I use isoflex by almax with creatine and glutamine added to each shake. My diet right now is a paleo type with carbs added after workout. We will see how this goes