TRT and LH/FSH

  1. TRT and LH/FSH


    Hello everyone.

    I have a question about TRT and the effect on LH and FSH. From what I understand, either LH or FSH (perhaps both) are markers of fertility and when one goes on exogenous testosterone via a TRT program, due to a negative feedback loop these two hormones will go down.

    Other than a reduction and/or elimination of fertility, are there any other side effects of low LH and FSH in men?

    Thanks in advance.


  2. As I understand it, if you are adding exogenous testosterone and LH and FSH shut down, this can potentially shut down your natural testosterone production as well as sperm production, and your testicles could potentially start to shrink.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by red910 View Post
    As I understand it, if you are adding exogenous testosterone and LH and FSH shut down, this can potentially shut down your natural testosterone production as well as sperm production, and your testicles could potentially start to shrink.
    From what I understand, TRT is usually done in small doses with a maximum of 100 mg per week. I don't think this affects LH or FSH.

    Any other thoughts?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by shafey View Post

    From what I understand, TRT is usually done in small doses with a maximum of 100 mg per week. I don't think this affects LH or FSH.

    Any other thoughts?
    100mg. A week is not the maximum, but it will surely shutdown your LH/FSH to almost zero.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by red910 View Post
    As I understand it, if you are adding exogenous testosterone and LH and FSH shut down, this can potentially shut down your natural testosterone production as well as sperm production, and your testicles could potentially start to shrink.
    If your concerned about producing a kid later you include hcg into your trt protocol to keep the boys working.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post

    100mg. A week is not the maximum, but it will surely shutdown your LH/FSH to almost zero.
    Ok but let me ask you this: if I run testosterone at 25 mg 2x or 3x per week. Would that cause shut down of my HPTA?
    Will I need any HCG or AI with this dose?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by shafey View Post

    Ok but let me ask you this: if I run testosterone at 25 mg 2x or 3x per week. Would that cause shut down of my HPTA?
    Will I need any HCG or AI with this dose?
    Impossible to answer. Why are you concerned with shutdown?

  8. I think Exogenous testosterone at any dose has the potential to shut you down

  9. It will shut you down. Mine doesn't go above 0.1 on 60mg testosterone enanthate per week for trt. I'm completely shut down.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My LH, FSH, prolactin, and estrogen results
    By p0fell0w in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 06:55 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
  3. Low LH FSH and Test. Overtraining?
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 10:21 PM
  4. low FSH and LH
    By Chuckwheat in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
  5. Low LH, FSH, Free Test and Test 32 Year Old Male
    By Bryce720 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Log in
Log in