TRT and LH/FSH

Drop D

Awards
Hello everyone.

I have a question about TRT and the effect on LH and FSH. From what I understand, either LH or FSH (perhaps both) are markers of fertility and when one goes on exogenous testosterone via a TRT program, due to a negative feedback loop these two hormones will go down.

Other than a reduction and/or elimination of fertility, are there any other side effects of low LH and FSH in men?

Thanks in advance.

red910

Awards
As I understand it, if you are adding exogenous testosterone and LH and FSH shut down, this can potentially shut down your natural testosterone production as well as sperm production, and your testicles could potentially start to shrink.

shafey

shafey

Awards
As I understand it, if you are adding exogenous testosterone and LH and FSH shut down, this can potentially shut down your natural testosterone production as well as sperm production, and your testicles could potentially start to shrink.
From what I understand, TRT is usually done in small doses with a maximum of 100 mg per week. I don't think this affects LH or FSH.

Any other thoughts?

rfarns01

Awards
From what I understand, TRT is usually done in small doses with a maximum of 100 mg per week. I don't think this affects LH or FSH.

Any other thoughts?
100mg. A week is not the maximum, but it will surely shutdown your LH/FSH to almost zero.

rfarns01

Awards
If your concerned about producing a kid later you include hcg into your trt protocol to keep the boys working.

shafey

shafey

Awards
100mg. A week is not the maximum, but it will surely shutdown your LH/FSH to almost zero.
Ok but let me ask you this: if I run testosterone at 25 mg 2x or 3x per week. Would that cause shut down of my HPTA?
Will I need any HCG or AI with this dose?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok but let me ask you this: if I run testosterone at 25 mg 2x or 3x per week. Would that cause shut down of my HPTA?
Will I need any HCG or AI with this dose?
Impossible to answer. Why are you concerned with shutdown?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Exogenous testosterone at any dose has the potential to shut you down

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
It will shut you down. Mine doesn't go above 0.1 on 60mg testosterone enanthate per week for trt. I'm completely shut down.