Backing off the T before blood work?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    Running drops T?
    Well, i have read that it can put enough stress in the body to cause it to drop, plus my TRT doc says that the military has such a large population of guys with low T, they are still investigating why, but the training and all the gosh damn running can very well be the cause.

2. Yeah I doubt my doctor knows jack about any of that lol. Hopefully hr just ups my script
    •   

3. These doctors nowadays... Ha

4. Yeah its my primary care physician so he's clueless

5. Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    Yeah its my primary care physician so he's clueless
    Not only that, but my endocrinologist is as well...

6. I'm sure doctors fresh out of medical school are more educated on this subject. Some of these fossils are new to this type of treatment and don't have all the facts. I need to get me a doogie howser Dr.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    I'm sure doctors fresh out of medical school are more educated on this subject. Some of these fossils are new to this type of treatment and don't have all the facts. I need to get me a doogie howser Dr.
    I just take the rx from him and figure out the rest on my own. They thought I was crazy when I asked about dulling the needle from the vial rubber. Never mind, I will just get more needles on my own...

8. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I just take the rx from him and figure out the rest on my own. They thought I was crazy when I asked about dulling the needle from the vial rubber. Never mind, I will just get more needles on my own...
    So maybe you know a bit more about this than i do, what kind of sides or precautions should one take if they add test e to TRT to total 500 mg a week? I am debating it in a few months, but want to make sure I don't fuk something up.

9. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

So maybe you know a bit more about this than i do, what kind of sides or precautions should one take if they add test e to TRT to total 500 mg a week? I am debating it in a few months, but want to make sure I don't fuk something up.
    Should be OK with just an AI. You will learn to feel E2 high/low unless you get frequent bloods. I gained hella strength at 500/wk. Didn't use an AI too much so I ballooned up like a fat kid. But all's well that ends well

10. Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid
    Aromatase Inhibitor,
    Exemestane, Arimidex, letrozole, torem...., something

12. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Aromatase Inhibitor,
    Exemestane, Arimidex, letrozole, torem...., something
    Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid
    I am no expert on the subject, so either somebody will chime in and tell you all about it or you should do some research. Research either way, plenty of info in this board and on the net

13. I like exemestane but I've never tried arimidex

14. Here's what I do, my Rx has gone up to 300mg/wk this way, and that's plenty for me at my age and for my goals: about 2 weeks before twice a year labs, I start a taper down to about 140 mg per week. I do my injections 3x per week, and skip the one before the blood is drawn so I get it a good "Trough". The doctor see's I'm at high levels but still physiological levels, prescription stays at 300mg a week, and everyone's happy. The funny look from the pharmacist is responded by me with "doc says I'm a fast metabolizer." I also get Arimidex and hCG by prescription. Took a few years to tune everything, but I'm plenty happy now.

15. Yeah that sounds like a good plan. I'll find out what he suggests tomorrow

16. So the doc doubled my testosterone today which is cool but my blood work came back a little janky I think probably because I was loading with a really high dose and then stopped altogether three weeks before getting my levels checked. My bad cholesterol was high (wich is weird for me) by blood protein was low and my blood pressure was through the roof. Any thoughts ?

17. Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    So the doc doubled my testosterone today which is cool but my blood work came back a little janky I think probably because I was loading with a really high dose and then stopped altogether three weeks before getting my levels checked. My bad cholesterol was high (wich is weird for me) by blood protein was low and my blood pressure was through the roof. Any thoughts ?
    What were your T levels?

18. 225 but that's because I stopped my injections all together

19. Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    225 but that's because I stopped my injections all together
    Ok, so none?
    My doc says that i can't legally do it at home, where do you live?

20. Oregon
  21. Backing off the T before blood work?

Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    Oregon
    I wonder it is a state thing. That sucks!
    I would be in my way to lots of TRT if I was doing home injections.
    They gave me the option of using gels and such or going in bi-weekly for injections. I have to check on the laws where I am, cause I would much rather be doing it myself.

22. My first Dr. Wouldn't let me do it at home but the Dr I have now does....I hear the gels are a lot better then the shots. I'm not sure though but its worth looking into

23. A couple reasons... test cream is heavily pushed by sales reps. I'm sure the docs get the most profit from it. There's not as much liability with cream v needles.
    I'd get the rx, then tell him you're worried about swimming, kids, etc. And ask for the injects. That's what I did. Otherwise I'd get the rx from him, then go to another doc.
    Not really sure about laws but insulin is injected... sounds like he's trying to cover his arse and doesn't want the liability/responsibility of a patient who self injects

24. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    A couple reasons... test cream is heavily pushed by sales reps. I'm sure the docs get the most profit from it. There's not as much liability with cream v needles.
    I'd get the rx, then tell him you're worried about swimming, kids, etc. And ask for the injects. That's what I did. Otherwise I'd get the rx from him, then go to another doc.
    Not really sure about laws but insulin is injected... sounds like he's trying to cover his arse and doesn't want the liability/responsibility of a patient who self injects
    Or they want to get paid for doing the injections. Office visit + test + supplies = profit.
    If I were self injecting, the damn walmart pharmacy or whatever would be seeing the largest profit.

25. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Or they want to get paid for doing the injections. Office visit + test + supplies = profit.
    If I were self injecting, the damn walmart pharmacy or whatever would be seeing the largest profit.
    Even on TRT gel or cream, the doc's office wouldn't be involved as much. She was pushing hard for the injections, which is what I wanted anyhow.

26. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

Even on TRT gel or cream, the doc's office wouldn't be involved as much. She was pushing hard for the injections, which is what I wanted anyhow.
    Copay every visit? They told me the nurse could do it real quick and no copay. But I said my wife will do it. But I also went to like 5 docs before ultimately going back to the first one (endo)

27. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

Ok, so none?
    My doc says that i can't legally do it at home, where do you live?
    It is not illegal in Alabama.....

28. Quote Originally Posted by bigt405 View Post
    It is not illegal in Alabama.....
    Nice to know. What about Georgia? I live in Alabama, but my doc is in georgia (stationed at Fort Benning)

29. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Copay every visit? They told me the nurse could do it real quick and no copay. But I said my wife will do it. But I also went to like 5 docs before ultimately going back to the first one (endo)
    No copay, but you bet they are billing your insurance every time you walk in the door

30. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

No copay, but you bet they are billing your insurance every time you walk in the door
    That's why they are rich and I am poor. I need a job where I bill insurance instead of the client!

Similar Forum Threads

1. The importance of blood work after a cycle
    By dmangiarelli in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
  2. Havoc - is the verdict in? blood work, results...
    By Alpine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 03:46 PM
  3. Testosterone Blood Work? What the F*&(
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 12:33 AM
  4. Got my blood work back? (kinda long ?'s)
    By Funny Monkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:27 AM
  5. got my blood work back
    By shredded in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 10:39 PM