Backing off the T before blood work? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Backing off the T before blood work?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by cas1981 View Post
    Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid
    Aromatase Inhibitor,
    Exemestane, Arimidex, letrozole, torem...., something

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Aromatase Inhibitor,
    Exemestane, Arimidex, letrozole, torem...., something
    Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid
    I am no expert on the subject, so either somebody will chime in and tell you all about it or you should do some research. Research either way, plenty of info in this board and on the net
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like exemestane but I've never tried arimidex
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Here's what I do, my Rx has gone up to 300mg/wk this way, and that's plenty for me at my age and for my goals: about 2 weeks before twice a year labs, I start a taper down to about 140 mg per week. I do my injections 3x per week, and skip the one before the blood is drawn so I get it a good "Trough". The doctor see's I'm at high levels but still physiological levels, prescription stays at 300mg a week, and everyone's happy. The funny look from the pharmacist is responded by me with "doc says I'm a fast metabolizer." I also get Arimidex and hCG by prescription. Took a few years to tune everything, but I'm plenty happy now.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Yeah that sounds like a good plan. I'll find out what he suggests tomorrow
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

So the doc doubled my testosterone today which is cool but my blood work came back a little janky I think probably because I was loading with a really high dose and then stopped altogether three weeks before getting my levels checked. My bad cholesterol was high (wich is weird for me) by blood protein was low and my blood pressure was through the roof. Any thoughts ?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

So the doc doubled my testosterone today which is cool but my blood work came back a little janky I think probably because I was loading with a really high dose and then stopped altogether three weeks before getting my levels checked. My bad cholesterol was high (wich is weird for me) by blood protein was low and my blood pressure was through the roof. Any thoughts ?
    What were your T levels?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

225 but that's because I stopped my injections all together
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

225 but that's because I stopped my injections all together
    Ok, so none?
    My doc says that i can't legally do it at home, where do you live?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Oregon
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Backing off the T before blood work?

Oregon
    I wonder it is a state thing. That sucks!
    I would be in my way to lots of TRT if I was doing home injections.
    They gave me the option of using gels and such or going in bi-weekly for injections. I have to check on the laws where I am, cause I would much rather be doing it myself.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

My first Dr. Wouldn't let me do it at home but the Dr I have now does....I hear the gels are a lot better then the shots. I'm not sure though but its worth looking into
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A couple reasons... test cream is heavily pushed by sales reps. I'm sure the docs get the most profit from it. There's not as much liability with cream v needles.
    I'd get the rx, then tell him you're worried about swimming, kids, etc. And ask for the injects. That's what I did. Otherwise I'd get the rx from him, then go to another doc.
    Not really sure about laws but insulin is injected... sounds like he's trying to cover his arse and doesn't want the liability/responsibility of a patient who self injects
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    A couple reasons... test cream is heavily pushed by sales reps. I'm sure the docs get the most profit from it. There's not as much liability with cream v needles.
    I'd get the rx, then tell him you're worried about swimming, kids, etc. And ask for the injects. That's what I did. Otherwise I'd get the rx from him, then go to another doc.
    Not really sure about laws but insulin is injected... sounds like he's trying to cover his arse and doesn't want the liability/responsibility of a patient who self injects
    Or they want to get paid for doing the injections. Office visit + test + supplies = profit.
    If I were self injecting, the damn walmart pharmacy or whatever would be seeing the largest profit.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Or they want to get paid for doing the injections. Office visit + test + supplies = profit.
    If I were self injecting, the damn walmart pharmacy or whatever would be seeing the largest profit.
    Even on TRT gel or cream, the doc's office wouldn't be involved as much. She was pushing hard for the injections, which is what I wanted anyhow.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Even on TRT gel or cream, the doc's office wouldn't be involved as much. She was pushing hard for the injections, which is what I wanted anyhow.
    Copay every visit? They told me the nurse could do it real quick and no copay. But I said my wife will do it. But I also went to like 5 docs before ultimately going back to the first one (endo)
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.

Ok, so none?
    My doc says that i can't legally do it at home, where do you live?
    It is not illegal in Alabama.....
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt405 View Post
    It is not illegal in Alabama.....
    Nice to know. What about Georgia? I live in Alabama, but my doc is in georgia (stationed at Fort Benning)
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Copay every visit? They told me the nurse could do it real quick and no copay. But I said my wife will do it. But I also went to like 5 docs before ultimately going back to the first one (endo)
    No copay, but you bet they are billing your insurance every time you walk in the door
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

No copay, but you bet they are billing your insurance every time you walk in the door
    That's why they are rich and I am poor. I need a job where I bill insurance instead of the client!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Nice to know. What about Georgia? I live in Alabama, but my doc is in georgia (stationed at Fort Benning)
    Not illegal in Georgia
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by atl3128 View Post
    Not illegal in Georgia
    Thanks. I am going to talk to my doc again in that case.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Thanks. I am going to talk to my doc again in that case.
    Yes, never settle!
  24. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by usarugbyfan View Post
    Here's what I do, my Rx has gone up to 300mg/wk this way, and that's plenty for me at my age and for my goals: about 2 weeks before twice a year labs, I start a taper down to about 140 mg per week. I do my injections 3x per week, and skip the one before the blood is drawn so I get it a good "Trough". The doctor see's I'm at high levels but still physiological levels, prescription stays at 300mg a week, and everyone's happy. The funny look from the pharmacist is responded by me with "doc says I'm a fast metabolizer." I also get Arimidex and hCG by prescription. Took a few years to tune everything, but I'm plenty happy now.
    What is your hCG and Arimidex protocol?
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

300mg per week? Wow that's high for a TRT dose I don't think I have ever seen anyone on a dose that high before. The most I have seen is 250. How do you take it all in one shot or divided and do you take an AI?
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

FYI
    I was doing some where around 700mg a month broken into weekly shots. Had blood work done 47 days after last injection. PSA came back at 1.9 which wasn't bad to men, but prompted him to stop my treatment and send me to endo. Couldn't get dr to run E2 not sure if thst contributed to psa. All other levels checked out.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher55 View Post
    What is your hCG and Arimidex protocol?
    500iu 2-3 times a week, .25-.5mg ed or eod as needed (per both labs and how I feel)
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.

They could get paid for a nurse visit, but they have to have a LPN or RN, NOT worth the money......

Similar Forum Threads

1. The importance of blood work after a cycle
    By dmangiarelli in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 01:54 PM
  2. Havoc - is the verdict in? blood work, results...
    By Alpine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 01:46 PM
  3. Testosterone Blood Work? What the F*&(
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:33 PM
  4. Got my blood work back? (kinda long ?'s)
    By Funny Monkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:27 AM
  5. got my blood work back
    By shredded in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 08:39 PM