Short blast log

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Short blast log


    Hey guys, I decided to post up the little blast I am doing and just track it here for the duration. I am already 2 weeks in and plan to run it for 6. My routine is pretty intense as is and I eat an average of 4k calories a day.

    Weekly training consists of a 4 day split compound gym routine with a heavy lower/upper and then mid-high rep lower/upper split. 2 nights of MMA with 1.5 hours of muay thai and 1.5 hours of bjj per night. I also hit the trails on my mtn bike several times a week, but don't consider that training because it is mainly downhill riding. Lol.

    Starters (as of 5/9):

    Age- 39
    Wt- 202 (avg)
    Ht- 6'
    TRT protocol- 50mg e3.5d
    Blast protocol- 125mg e3.5d (aromasin on hand if needed, but I doubt it)

    Big 3- DL 475lb, back squat 395, bench 305. (I don't anticipate going up on squats because my knees tend to bother me when I push into the 400s. Instead, I have incorporated a lot more focus on front squats, which I am loving)


    5/24:

    Wt- 206

    Gym- Lifts have remained the same, but I look noticeably harder and full. No bloating, but just a pump that seems to last 24x7. Vascularity is prominent and is very defined in my forearms and calves.

    Mood- Very good, surprisingly considering 200mg when I started TRT years ago made me very angry- could be the split instead of single dose, even though it is a higher amount. I am energetic on the verge of hyper, feel powerful with a slight alpha, and no aggro. Sleep has been sucking though and I don't know if this is related or outside factors.

  2. Registered User
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,798
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I also hit the trails on my mtn bike several times a week, but don't consider that training because it is mainly downhill riding. Lol.
    Hahaha, I am trying to figure out how you get back home...!???
    What did Bill Cosby say...(He used to walk back and forth to school, uphill both ways)

    I can't comment on your supps but...

    Sleep has been sucking though and I don't know if this is related or outside factors.
    I have had a few DL sessions lately, where a few hours afterwards I am wired like I had caffeine or something. Does not happen very often with me however.
    Have you tried any of the natural sleep aids, like valerian root or just a few mag tabs 20-30 mins before bed?
    And don't laugh, a glass of warm milk works for some people too.
    I'm older than you kiddo, but I will not tell anyone if you are putting your teeth in a glass on the nightstand. AHAHA.....!
  3. Registered User
    geezer7178's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    94
    Answers
    0

    Good luck. In to see.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Answers
    0

    In for updates as well.

    I've also considered doing a milder blast as well. Interested to see how a 6 week run goes for you. Seems like us TRT guys should be able to take advantage of a shorter run.

    Sounds like you have your eating/diet down as well. Will follow
  5. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Three quick updates going into week 3.

    I just got two zits and I haven't had one since I was probably in my early 20s. I am adding in Cycle Assist to this because I know that it really helps with BP and everything else (based on labs I've done in the past), but I also heard that it helps with acne due to the B5.

    Secondly, libido is way up. Our pool opened yesterday and I seriously felt like I was losing my mind. I was so giddy inside just seeing so many women in their bikinis. My wife actually said to me last night, " really? 4 nights in a row? The kids make me tired all day and now you want more of me?" LOL. She is a great woman and has been accommodating.

    Thirdly, I mentioned the pool opening. People I haven't run into since last year came up and were like, "wtf, man? What the hell are you doing to stay like that?" I personally haven't noticed a big difference because I have only been doing TRT, but I know I work harder than 95% of other 39 year olds and it apparently is paying off. Can't wait to see what may happen at the end of this.

    Weight is 207 this morning. That is a solid 5lbs already. I normally weigh about 202-204 in the morning and end the day around 207. I anticipate I will be at 210 tonight based on this.
  6. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    It looks like so far you're loving it.
  7. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    More than I thought, to be honest. Time will tell over the next weeks.
  8. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Well, as an update, we had a really big Memorial Day weekend filled with multiple parties and a lot of family and friends around everyday. This all led to excessive drinking throughout the weekend and tons of food I'd normally never eat much of.

    Observation: 250mg ew of test mixed with partying will skyrocket e2 and crush mood and libido 100x more than 100mg ew of test. I don't plan to do any labs, but seat of pants tells me this is the case. I took a .5 Arimidex last night and already feel better. Not sure how/if this will set me back, but I have come to grips with the fact that life is more important than a cycle. We'll see about getting this back on on track.
  9. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Well, as an update, we had a really big Memorial Day weekend filled with multiple parties and a lot of family and friends around everyday. This all led to excessive drinking throughout the weekend and tons of food I'd normally never eat much of.

    Observation: 250mg ew of test mixed with partying will skyrocket e2 and crush mood and libido 100x more than 100mg ew of test. I don't plan to do any labs, but seat of pants tells me this is the case. I took a .5 Arimidex last night and already feel better. Not sure how/if this will set me back, but I have come to grips with the fact that life is more important than a cycle. We'll see about getting this back on on track.
    Are you saying that you're ending your blast?
  10. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    No, just posting an update on where I was after this weekend to see how much impact it may have had.
  11. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Well that's good, I was going to say that you really didn't give it a chance.
  12. Registered User
    bigt405's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Answers
    0

    What i do not understand is that 450 a week divided in two separate shots i felt nothing but great. My mood and libido was VERY good! I guess this just shows how different everyone really is when it comes to how our bodies react to things.
  13. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bigt405 View Post
    What i do not understand is that 450 a week divided in two separate shots i felt nothing but great. My mood and libido was VERY good! I guess this just shows how different everyone really is when it comes to how our bodies react to things.
    I think op was saying it was mostly do to a few days of excessive drinking and partying.
  14. Registered User
    bigt405's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post

    I think op was saying it was mostly do to a few days of excessive drinking and partying.
    Yep, i see that now and that could be the culprit. Luckily i am not much into partying so i do not have those issues.....
  15. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    I think op was saying it was mostly do to a few days of excessive drinking and partying.
    This. Just being honest with it. Let's just say that with a lot of family nearby, many circles of friends, and offers of happy hour every night from co-workers, to abstain from drinking as much as I do is a miracle. Some drinks on the weekends never bother me, but the extra test and an unusually excessive weekend was really felt. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if I wasn't tracking this.

    Oh well, it's good to be young and snap right back. haha

    Just got back from 2 hours of muay thai and really made myself pay by sparring with the big heavyweights in class. I can barely walk I am so sore already- and it feels great!
  16. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    This. Just being honest with it. Let's just say that with a lot of family nearby, many circles of friends, and offers of happy hour every night from co-workers, to abstain from drinking as much as I do is a miracle. Some drinks on the weekends never bother me, but the extra test and an unusually excessive weekend was really felt. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if I wasn't tracking
    Hey you're only human we all like to let loose once in awhile.
  17. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post

    Just got back from 2 hours of muay thai and really made myself pay by sparring with the big heavyweights in class. I can barely walk I am so sore already- and it feels great!
    Good. That should sweat all that alcohol out of your body.
  18. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    So week 3 in the bag and starting week 4. Gotta be completely honest and say that I miss my TRT dose and can't wait to go back. I believed it before and now it is cemented in my thoughts that less is definitely more when it comes to feeling good on test.

    Strength has remained the same with no real gain in lifts, but I look way bigger. Everyone is making comments and it does feel great, so I can see the draw from a confidence side. On the other hand, anxiety is up slightly, I keep getting a zit here and there (big issue for me when I sit in front of execs), and cardio had taken a hit. I was the one that was always standing waiting for more in my MMA training and now I am just trying to catch my breath and sweating profusely.

    Needless to say, the benefits do not outway the negatives in my mind. Maybe if I was a small guy or not muscular to begin with, there would be more incentive to keep going. I'll run this through this week and then drop back to TRT.

    210 this morning- so definitely packing on weight.
  19. Registered User
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    So week 3 in the bag and starting week 4. Gotta be completely honest and say that I miss my TRT dose and can't wait to go back. I believed it before and now it is cemented in my thoughts that less is definitely more when it comes to feeling good on test.Strength has remained the same with no real gain in lifts, but I look way bigger. Everyone is making comments and it does feel great, so I can see the draw from a confidence side. On the other hand, anxiety is up slightly, I keep getting a zit here and there (big issue for me when I sit in front of execs), and cardio had taken a hit. I was the one that was always standing waiting for more in my MMA training and now I am just trying to catch my breath and sweating profusely. Needless to say, the benefits do not outway the negatives in my mind. Maybe if I was a small guy or not muscular to begin with, there would be more incentive to keep going. I'll run this through this week and then drop back to TRT.210 this morning- so definitely packing on weight.
    Hopefully when you drop back down to your trt dose you can keep a good amount of that newly acquired muscle..
  20. Registered User
    TRTDetroit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    83
    Answers
    0

    Kisaj,

    Any blood work done on this blast to look at E2? For me, when my E2 was out of whack my world wasnt very bright..
  21. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Ok, I am going to keep this going for 2 additional weeks after this for a total of 6. I felt great today and had a powerful leg routine. Plus, the comments are getting infectious. My muay thai instructor was trying to pair me up for a spar session yesterday and casually mentioned that I was looking huge and "you are probably pushing 220 or so, right?" That made my night. I have always carried muscle a little more in my traps, delts, and ass, so when I start putting on weight, I tend to look a lot bigger. This has really put a pump in me.
  22. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Ok, I am going to keep this going for 2 additional weeks after this for a total of 6. I felt great today and had a powerful leg routine. Plus, the comments are getting infectious. My muay thai instructor was trying to pair me up for a spar session yesterday and casually mentioned that I was looking huge and "you are probably pushing 220 or so, right?" That made my night. I have always carried muscle a little more in my traps, delts, and ass, so when I start putting on weight, I tend to look a lot bigger. This has really put a pump in me.
    Check you out!! Look who's changing his tune. Mr. "I miss my trt dose" this has cemented my thoughts that less is more"
    But in the end you just love being big and strong don't you? LOL
  23. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    I can't say I blame you.
  24. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    I still do believe that less is more- in the long run. But, I am enjoying this.
  25. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I still do believe that less is more- in the long run. But, I am enjoying this.
    Hey Bro I understand. It feels great to be Hercules.
  26. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    lol

    Oh, I should add that I added phenylpiracetam into the mix as well and hooolllyy balls. I am a noot guy and most of posts are in those threads, so I've done a lot of experimentation to find the perfect mixes. I will say that there is nothing I have tried that works like this for clear, non jittery, no crash energy. It's a great mix.
  27. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Answers
    0

    Kisaj,

    What was your basis for the 125mg (250 A WEEK, RIGHT?) . I am thinking about doing 6 weeks at 200 mg twice a week. (1 ML AT 200MG/ML). If I can get a ggod pick-up at 250 per week, that would be awesome. I will probably have E2 and E3 issues unlike you.

    Thoughts?

    Also, do you think you will hold the gains (just keep the calories up?)
  28. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Pappy-
    I chose 250 based on a few things:
    -I make gains and build muscle on 100mg a week and a big diet
    -I made large gains on 200mg a week when I first started a couple years back
    -I wanted to walk the line of going a comfortable limit on test and not risk e2 sides (mainly why I chose 125 e3.5d instead of 250ew)

    Yes, I do think I will keep most of this muscle. I've done an annual bulk (10-15lbs)for the last 6-7 years in the spring through diet and lifting alone, but it would take about 3 months to get where I am almost at in just under 1 month. It obviously helps to have a nice normal/high test levels to begin with through TRT and the boost makes things much faster. Generally what happens is the muscle and weight stay on for 4-5 months and then I start leaning out to about 205 just by being active all summer and fall and because I get sick of eating. If I kept up the 4-5k like I am doing now, I have no doubt I could keep the size on all year.
  29. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Answers
    0

    Good log. Keep the updates coming. Glad you went this route.

    I know a lot of people like to say that you need x amount of test for a worthwhile blast but I don't buy it. I think get your calories in and training hard are just as important, if not more. Not everyone responds the same, per mg of test. Maybe, to be fair, some do need 500 or 600mg to make it worthwhile. I am almost a over responder. A little goes a long way for me.

    Question. I have some extra 200mg/1ml "single doses" left over. Do you think it would be better to try to get 2 100mg shots per week out of them or just do it once a week. I would like to keep E2 sides down as much as possible but I dont know if its worth it with these single dose vials. Wouldn't want to lose any through waste but don't want to feel crappier than I have to with E2 concerns.

    Any thoughts?
  30. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    I can only speak from personal experience, but I found that I respond much more favorably to 250 split into 2 than I did with a single 200mg injection.

    Similar to you, I cringe when I see the workouts and diets of so many people that think 500mg of test is going to make them turn the corner. I was lifting naturally much bigger numbers than a lot of guys running gear are. TRT has only served to help my recovery times and body comp.
  31. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0

    Look how late I am...
    Good to see you:
    A) logging and
    B) extending your cycle within a few days of starting
  32. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Answers
    0

    I imagine that cycles in the 400-500 range would cause E2 issues yet I see many posts that indicate otherwise.
    I look forward to your final results and congrats on success to date.
  33. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Quick update:

    Weight seems to be staying in the 210-212 range now, but I had a sudden strength spurt the last couple gym sessions. I've mixed in front squats and incline bench in place of squats and fl bench for the last couple weeks. Nothing to gauge increase on, but I look like I have packed on so much weight.

    DL- repped at 365 x 8 and then went singles up to a 515 pull today. Never done that before.
    Squat 405 x 4 (damn knees keeping this down because my legs want about 50lbs more)
    Fr Squats- repped 275 x 5
    Incline- 275 x 5
    Bench - 335 x 1

    All in all, I am up on everything about 10-15% and I feel like I could walk through a wall. My mood is very mellow- which is odd, but quite comforting because I am in great spirits. Libido is very healthy. Sleep has improved from the beginning weeks, but still not great. Other than that, no sides to speak of.

    I have this week and next week and then will keep my diet up and cut back to TRT doses.

    I'll say that I am completely sold on a low dose blast and plan to do it again at the end of summer. To see gains in weight, lifts, and a total transformation (IMO) of composition in such a short time is incredible.
  34. Registered User
    jiggero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Answers
    0

    Wow awesome blast cycle! ! Now your next job is to do your best to keep as much of this newly earned muscle as possible.
  35. Registered User
    Vinnyboombots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    932
    Answers
    0

    Your trt doctor is gonna be like WTF happened to you. Lol
  36. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Answers
    0

    Awesome information and great results.
  37. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboombots View Post
    Your trt doctor is gonna be like WTF happened to you. Lol
    Quite honestly my only concern. I just had bloods and a new script done on May 8th, which is why I timed it to start the day after. I still have a couple of months, but if he saw me today, he'd be like, "ummmmm" LOL
  38. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0

    I am glad I posted this here because I feel like if I posted in the Anabolics forum, all I would hear is "why didn't you go for 500 ew and 10lb gain is weak.."

    I figure we can appreciate a low key gain and stay within non-side levels to see what can be accomplished.
  39. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I am glad I posted this here because I feel like if I posted in the Anabolics forum, all I would hear is "why didn't you go for 500 ew and 10lb gain is weak.."

    I figure we can appreciate a low key gain and stay within non-side levels to see what can be accomplished.
    The difference between the 20 year old section and +35
    Most of us here have adopted the less is more mentality vs the more is better.
    Good work man. Gains are great for confidence. Funny because I gained something like 12lbs last time I went to the trt endo. He talked to me for 2 seconds about watching what I eat, then interrupted himself and mumbled that some of my weight gain has to be muscle...and testosterone will do that. I wanted to laugh but waited until I got home
  40. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Answers
    0

    The timing on this is great. I too just had my yearly physical and was asked about my weight gain. It has been six months since my last visit. I was a little taken aback when my doc asked "I see you are a bit heavier than your last visit. Whats up with that?" I was a little leery of the question and just responded with "been trying to work out a little more and had bad diet habits the last couple of weeks". Both actually true but I was mainly trying to kind of brush it off. She was cool with my answer.

    Yesterday I pinned 100mg and plan to do it again on saturday. This will split my doses for my 200mg/week blast. I am not sure how long I will go. Of course this all depends on my blood work coming back okay. It has in the past so I am making an assumption.

    Ditto on the "small" amount for the blast. Maybe not a lot for some monsters out there but I believe it will be plenty for me.

    Kisaj, I'll piggyback on your thread if thats okay. If not, thats cool, and I'll make an effort to start a new thread.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TNICK7's 2 WEEK SD BLAST LOG
    By tnick7 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
  2. Motiv8erjr's log... it makes Glen and Beelze look short!
    By motiv8erJR in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in