Short blast log

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I'm not sure who some of these questions are directed to since I kind of hijacked onto this thread but I'll answer as if the were directed towards me.

Pappybay - Yeah food was definitely a problem for me. I wanted and knew that I needed to get a lot of calories in but I often found it hard to do that. Well, lets just say that it was hard to get good quality calories in. If I could call ice cream "quality" I would have no problem getting them in. This is an area where I WILL do better next time. I guess no matter what your goal is diet and food prep take the most time but pay the biggest rewards.

Kisaj - I did change my workout routine. For the most part, I did not take any days off the last half of the blast (4 weeks). The first half I took off 2-3 days a week. Per your suggestion I did train more during the blast and it worked out well because I virtually needed no recovery period. Good advice and will incorporate it earlier next time.

lboston - For my blast I did not use an AI. I did start out with Erase but I quickly realized that it was not much, if any, help at the blast dose. I will use an AI next time as long as I feel comfortable with a domestic source.

Delayed weekly update:

I do not have a weight, but will get it as soon as I can. I am in the middle of trying to rehab - reseal my slate shower. I'm using another batheroom and it does not have the scale so my routine is all jacked up. I will say that the next weight is what I am going to believe is my net gain. I am pretty sure that all of my bloat is gone at this point. Clothes are fitting much better. This is also based on pure looks. Not scientific but I think pretty reasonable.

Strength is still up which I am really pleased with. Most importantly I feel much better without any anxiety and my libido and sense of wellness is much better. Funny, I didn't think I felt really bad on the blast but I know I feel better on my TRT dose.

One bummer is with the estrogen back in check I don't think my joints feel nearly as good. I worked the dog **** out of my body on the blast and my body/joints felt fantastic and now I am not training as hard and I am feeling it a little more. Of course I don't believe that higher estrogen is too good for the prostate so I guess it is a trade-off like anything else. My dad had prostate cancer so this is always in the back of my mind. I am not sure of the estro and cancer correlation but from what I have seen it does not appear to be a good thing to have elevated estro with or without cancer.

Unintended possible positive consequences: My wife, who has struggled with her weight, has signed up for a local boot camp and has put a bunch of time and effort into food prep and nutrition. I did receive a fair amount of compliments during the blast and I think that my wife saw the positive changes as well as the hard work I was/am putting into it. She tends to do more cardio but has said recently that the boot camps and such are nice because they incorporate strength training. Obviously I believe in strength training but I know many women just don't see the massive benefits in it. I'm not saying that I am the one motivating her but I hope that I am a positive influence on her. Either way I think just making the effort is damn sexy.

Will get a weight ASAP but wanted to be involved with this thread.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Oh yeah, I did 200mg per week, split into two 100mg doses.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I would like to give a recommendation for Nettle. Despite what some reports try to say, it works great for lowering SHBG and a good addition to someone with prostate cancer in their family. My dad survived it 7 years ago and his doc advised it as well.

I have this in another thread, but my SHBG lowered from 45.2 (11-80 range) to 35 and it has averaged that. e2 also decreased- perhaps because of the increase in free test. This was after adding nettle root to my daily supps.

Just a thought for you.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I would like to give a recommendation for Nettle. Despite what some reports try to say, it works great for lowering SHBG and a good addition to someone with prostate cancer in their family. My dad survived it 7 years ago and his doc advised it as well.

I have this in another thread, but my SHBG lowered from 45.2 (11-80 range) to 35 and it has averaged that. e2 also decreased- perhaps because of the increase in free test. This was after adding nettle root to my daily supps.

Just a thought for you.
    Thanks man. Good to have people looking out for each other. I too have read good things about stinging nettle root. Will work into to plan.

Weight update. I did weigh in this morning at 8.5 lbs up from the start of my blast or 4.5 lbs down from the end of my blast. I am going to take back what I said about this being where I am going to measure my net gain. I think I am close but I find it hard to believe that I gained 8.5 lbs of lean mass in 8 weeks of a blast. My diet was not spot on and I think 8 weeks is a little on the short side. Truth be told I was expecting 5 lbs net gain which I would be very happy with. I am going to guess at this point that my net is probably 6.5 to 7 lbs. It is a guess but I think the only truly accurate way to tell would be a dexa scan before and after which is not a possibility for me.

Will still do a few more weekly updates but I am pretty stoked with what I have gained and learned from this.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Going to jump in and high jack this thread a bit...

Started this blast about a week and a half ago and I am doing 200mg a week just as the other gentlemen in this thread.

Starting weight was about 186-188 in the evening on the scale at home. Just weighed a few minutes ago and it was at 191.5...so, I'm guessing I may have a 3-5lb gain at this point.

I got 405 x 1 for the first time on the bench today, so I was pretty stoked about that! I told myself that I'd get thereby age 30 and I'll be 29 in November. May have to think of another goals to get to now...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Awesome. Keep the updates coming.

I'll pop back in tomorrow for a weigh in and update.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Awesome. Keep the updates coming.

I'll pop back in tomorrow for a weigh in and update.
    Thanks- I sure will.

I FEEL so much better just upping to 200mgs compared to the time I upped to 400mgs.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I believe I will make this my last update. Weight is steady at 8.5 lbs up from beginning of blast. I am going to call the total lean mass gain at 7 lbs. I am being a little conservative because I feel like I am back body comp wise to where I was but it is still just a subjective guess.

I don't know if its the effects of the blast, or what, but my libido has been stronger than ever. I don't know if it was that much worse on the blast or what but it is definitely noticeable. I once read something about adding more test to "wake up" androgen receptors but it sounded a little goofy to me.

lboston - Keep the updates coming. I hope things go well and you can still feel good during your blast. That is, after all, a good reason that a lot of us are on TRT.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Definitely on TRT to feel good. I had cancer and chemo at an early at. It wreaked havoc on my endocrine system...didn't discover until years later.

Small update: weight is staying around 190--that's about a 5 pound increase from where I started in this mini-blast. Diet has not been as clean as normal, but I'm hungry all the time and have been snacking on natural ice cream and organic popcorn by the bag (at night). That's before my nightly shake.

Strength is still up. New PRs every week. Did 3 sets of 315 for 5 reps on the bench and 3 sets of 405 for 5 reps on the barbell squat. Feeling strong!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

lboston,

How goes the blast. In for update
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    lboston,

How goes the blast. In for update
    Going well! Thanks for the inquiry.

Weight is up to approximately 193-194 from 186-187. Diet has been "enjoyable", so I'm not certain it's all lean mass, but waist is still fitting my pants!

Strength is up a good deal.
    On squats the other day I did 3 sets of 315x 16 reps, so that was a definite personal best.
    Bench is up as well.

Mood is high, sexy drive isn't really there, but work has been killing me so that could factor in to that.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Great update. Glad it is going well. I know the food has a lot to do with it but I have to believe the extra test is a big factor as well. Even with my mild increase it was crazy to see the strength increase. I usually like to be pretty spent at the end of my workout but it was actually hard to get there during my blast.

Same here for the waist fitting into my pants but it was also a problem for my ass and thighs. All of a sudden my relaxed fit pants became more like "skinny" pants. Some of mine was definitely water retention but I am still tight in my pants at my ass and thighs. I think most of the bloat was in my abdomen. I think next time I will lighten up a little on my heavy weighted core exercises. As a matter of fact, I am rethinking my heavy weighted core routine in general. I do have some belly fat but I can feel a strong muscle belt just below.

My mood was good too but I did have a little bit of anxiety. I am probably just sensitive to it more than others.

Thanks for the update. Maybe I shouldn't be reading it because I am wanting to start another one. Haha. I will wait til the first of the year. Holidays always put a kink in training.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TNICK7's 2 WEEK SD BLAST LOG
    By tnick7 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
  2. Motiv8erjr's log... it makes Glen and Beelze look short!
    By motiv8erJR in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 09:59 AM