Any suggestions on boosting metabolism

1. Registered User

Any suggestions on boosting metabolism

Any recomendations on what i can take to boost my metabolism and gain more energy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

A solid program and conditioning work ie sprints, hill sprints or prowler work.

3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

What is your diet like?
    How many hours of sleep do you get?
    What do you do at your day job?
    •   

4. Registered User

I get 8 hours a night I been doing a low carb diet and I work in a factory it's not a real active job so not burning many calories at work

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Well, I know we derive a good bit of energy from carbs.
    What does you W/O's look like?
  6. Registered User

I'm just getting started in the gym so I'm kinda a amateur right now I always been a athlete but never took the gym or dieting seriously now I'm 34 years old and just lack any energy at all I'm slowly starting my strength training getting ideas from post on here I'm trying to get it all together so I have a solid diet routine and workout routine but even with working out now I would expect a little energy boost and I'm not seeing much Maybe I'm just to impatient

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Here is what I know about myself...
    A lot of it for me, is emotional at times. If I am looking forward to the activity or event, it is like I am caffeinated with energy. If it is something I am dreading or am not really amped about, I seem to get tired and bored pretty quick. Not saying that is you or anyone else, but just an observation.
    Physically, it does/can take some time to get into a groove, adapt to new stimuli and make it a habit to do regular W/O's, see results and keep pushing.
    Getting motivated can be a pretty big deal by yourself too, and if you have a partner, coach, trainer or crew you could W/O with, that could be a plus.

As far as supplements or specifics on what to do/use, I am probably not an authority, but I know you can build up stamina and energy just like you can build up a muscle. So do not despair.
  8. Registered User

Thanks very much for all the responses !!

9. Registered User

I have found that B-12 increases my matabolism, but take no less than 2500mcg a day.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shealym View Post
    I have found that B-12 increases my matabolism, but take no less than 2500mcg a day.
    Iv tryed this before but didn't get any real benefit from it.... Not to say it will not work for the OP.

Have you had blood work done To check test levels?... Mine really crashed and I didn't want to do $#|t got them checked and I was 218! Bottom of scale is a 340 something. So you might want to look into it, there's no shame in this game. It happens to everyone.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Here is what I know about myself...
    A lot of it for me, is emotional at times. If I am looking forward to the activity or event, it is like I am caffeinated with energy. If it is something I am dreading or am not really amped about, I seem to get tired and bored pretty quick. Not saying that is you or anyone else, but just an observation.
    Physically, it does/can take some time to get into a groove, adapt to new stimuli and make it a habit to do regular W/O's, see results and keep pushing.
    Getting motivated can be a pretty big deal by yourself too, and if you have a partner, coach, trainer or crew you could W/O with, that could be a plus.

As far as supplements or specifics on what to do/use, I am probably not an authority, but I know you can build up stamina and energy just like you can build up a muscle. So do not despair.

I agree with this 100%.
    If you don't have a consistent clean diet & exercise program together, thats the first place to start-it makes a world of difference! Once thats in place, there are a ton of supplement options available to look. I can't speak to low testosterone issues or HRT/TRT but supplements on the other hand, I know quite a lot about.
    Do you consume caffeine currently? Are you stim tolerant? Have you tried any diet/fat burning supplements?
    Lots of options & things to look at once the diet/exercise is in place.

Cheers!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. any suggestions on my cutting diet
    By keater824 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
  2. OT-Anyone got any suggestions on cold medicine?
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
  3. Any suggestions on this cycle?
    By william3162 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 11:58 AM
  5. any suggestions on diet
    By julius kelp in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5