To TRT or not to TRT

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.73%

To TRT or not to TRT

So, I have read an enormous amount on here, other forums, medical references, etc, about TRT. I have all the symptoms of Lo T; decreased energy/motivation, concentration and focus slipping, lack of libido, increased abdominal fat (even with good diet and exercise) and lo T, well about 300. I am 45, not sure I want to pin forever, but would like to try and see how this treats me. I have had extensive bloods done twice and I have been approved for TRT through a company I was picked up from a thread on one of the boards. Basically a TRT/Anti-aging company, seemingly legit, pharma grade stuff, mail order to me. Checked out the pharmacy they draw from, looks good, compounding pharmacy.

So my question is if I run this 3-6 months, can I do the HCG/Clomid/Nolva recovery route and be fine to go off the program? I know theoretically you can, but there are a lot more experienced people here that might beg to differ. My guess is once you run it for too long, it's forever, but can I get away with it 3-6 months only, without messing everything up ?

It's 200mg test /week, .5mg Anastrozole x1 week, and 500iu's HCG x2 week. My plan was to run it for the 3-6 months and take a break and see from there.

Thanks for any input...

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Why not just go to your local doc?
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I wouldn't, and 200/week isn't TRT. It's a crapshoot at 45 that running hcg/clomid/nolva will bring you back to even 300-400 range and youd be right back where you started IMO...

Either commit or don't...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.7%

Quote Originally Posted by rdent95 View Post
    So, I have read an enormous amount on here, other forums, medical references, etc, about TRT. I have all the symptoms of Lo T; decreased energy/motivation, concentration and focus slipping, lack of libido, increased abdominal fat (even with good diet and exercise) and lo T, well about 300. I am 45, not sure I want to pin forever, but would like to try and see how this treats me. I have had extensive bloods done twice and I have been approved for TRT through a company I was picked up from a thread on one of the boards. Basically a TRT/Anti-aging company, seemingly legit, pharma grade stuff, mail order to me. Checked out the pharmacy they draw from, looks good, compounding pharmacy.

So my question is if I run this 3-6 months, can I do the HCG/Clomid/Nolva recovery route and be fine to go off the program? I know theoretically you can, but there are a lot more experienced people here that might beg to differ. My guess is once you run it for too long, it's forever, but can I get away with it 3-6 months only, without messing everything up ?

It's 200mg test /week, .5mg Anastrozole x1 week, and 500iu's HCG x2 week. My plan was to run it for the 3-6 months and take a break and see from there.

Thanks for any input...
    Man I am a newbie but I am on 3 mg of Anastrozole per week at 160mg (per my physician). Your numbers seem low as I was on more when I started at 80 per week..... I guess everyone's body is different.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.05%

Thanks for any input...
    100mg test /week, .25mg Anastrozole every 2-4 days and 250IU HCG two or three times per week seems a little more reasonable to me but who am I to say. If you are wanting TRT and not a cycle then I think a lower dose is enough and you need to allow a longer time to try it out. If you have had low test for some time, it takes a while for testosterone receptors to be up regulated such that you get the benefit of a higher test level. Apparently when you have low test your testosterone receptors sort of shut down, or down regulate. I have also read that different low test symptoms resolve at different rates and that some symptoms can take up to a year to improve. Considering the benefits of high test, I think it's worth committing to for the long run.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.81%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

You could attempt the Clomid route as that seems to work for some people and doesn't commit you to test. But, if you really do have low test and not something else causing it, then I don't know why you wouldn't want to commit. Do you like having all the symptoms that you described? Not me, man. Life's too short to not try and feel great.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.7%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    100mg test /week, .25mg Anastrozole every 2-4 days and 250IU HCG two or three times per week seems a little more reasonable to me but who am I to say. If you are wanting TRT and not a cycle then I think a lower dose is enough and you need to allow a longer time to try it out. If you have had low test for some time, it takes a while for testosterone receptors to be up regulated such that you get the benefit of a higher test level. Apparently when you have low test your testosterone receptors sort of shut down, or down regulate. I have also read that different low test symptoms resolve at different rates and that some symptoms can take up to a year to improve. Considering the benefits of high test, I think it's worth committing to for the long run.
    Well said!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.73%

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Why not just go to your local doc?
    If you mean my GP, he ran the first test, and claimed it was fine, don't think he will go anywhere with it. I'm debating going to an Endo as the lethargy lately has gotten worse. I have let up slightly on my clean , Lo carb diet the last month or so, wondering if that could be part of the increased lethargy part....
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.73%

Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    I have been reading that at 100 or so split twice a week, you might be able to get away without other ancillaries. That would be best I think if possible. I think I will go for the TRT, but might check with an Endo first to make sure we're not missing something else first, then if not... Go for the Test

Thanks for the input guys...
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.86%

If you mean my GP, he ran the first test, and claimed it was fine, don't think he will go anywhere with it. I'm debating going to an Endo as the lethargy lately has gotten worse. I have let up slightly on my clean , Lo carb diet the last month or so, wondering if that could be part of the increased lethargy part....
    If one doctor believes you dont require TRT than your levels MUSN'T be too far out. I wouldn't commit to TRT unless absolutely NEEDED. Id just run 4 weeks of clomid @ 100/80/70/50.
    I'm certain that would bring you back ABOVE normal. At least give it a go before you commit to TRT ?.
    If the low test feeling is due to a cycle you've run and not feeling recovered, I think it is HIGHLY LIKELY that the SERM/AI You used was bunk...
    A lot of people go for the sites where you can get Clomid for like $14 but a lot of them wouldn't be Clomid at all, or severely underdosed.
    You should try running another PCT but make sure its from a reputable site. There's one (which I think may be a sponsor on here?) which is one of the longest running and most reputable companies around and for a bit higher cost you can have peace of mind that your ingesting the substance you intended and it's doing it's job..

PM me if you want bro..
    "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
  2. To cheese or not to cheese?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 09:02 PM
  3. to extend or not to extend?