Pre workout drink advice

RedRaptor

Awards
In the past i've used pre workouts such as N.O. Explode, Assualt, Jack3d and a few others.
Recently I've noticed that they all give me high blood pressure. Sometimes to the point where I wake up in the night with my heart pounding.
I have a feeling it's DMAA or something like it. I took some DMAA alone and it really pumped up my blood pressure.

Workouts aren't the same. Not as much energy and motivation. I miss my energy shot!

Looking for something that will give me the pumps and energy but without the high blood pressure.

Any ideas??

Red

murk01

murk01

Awards
no explode is trash. i hate that ****.

get caffine pill for energy and maniac or hemoval for pumps and you be set.
i have same issue with some pre's and ive tried them all

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
look into volatile by formutech nutrition, the great feedback speaks for itself....i also enjoy making my own pwo

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this isn't going to be as sexy as what you are looking for, but have you ever pounded a big glass of oj right before the gym? Maybe mix in 1000mg of agmatine about 30 min prior.

Another suggestion is to take rhodiola about 1hr before getting to the gym. It is highly user dependent on the dose you need, but I take 250mg daily split into 125mg x2 and it keeps me going for 14-16 hours.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Purus Condense, iForce Hemavol w/ a caffeine pill, PNI Prodigy

PunishMuscle

Awards
Black coffee of your choice and a cup of yerba mate tea. you dont need all the other stuff had my scares with pre work sups (c4) no good. To much stress on the heart especially if you train hard.

shiggy504

shiggy504

Awards
look into volatile by formutech nutrition, the great feedback speaks for itself....i also enjoy making my own pwo
If you don't mind you think you could explain the making your own pwo thing. I'd definitely be in terested in that

murk01

murk01

Awards
get powdered supps mix. agmate; cafine; creatine; etc..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess I feel fortunate to have never needed the equivalent of a crack cocktail to get a good workout in.

PunishMuscle

Awards
Pretty much man lol theres no need with well balance nutrition. plenty of energy to go around!!

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I know this isn't going to be as sexy as what you are looking for, but have you ever pounded a big glass of oj right before the gym? Maybe mix in 1000mg of agmatine about 30 min prior.

Another suggestion is to take rhodiola about 1hr before getting to the gym. It is highly user dependent on the dose you need, but I take 250mg daily split into 125mg x2 and it keeps me going for 14-16 hours.
Does the golden root impact your sleep habits at all? I am also looking for something other than a strong cup of coffee(seems to work for me).

BeastFitness1

BeastFitness1

Awards
In the past i've used pre workouts such as N.O. Explode, Assualt, Jack3d and a few others.
Recently I've noticed that they all give me high blood pressure. Sometimes to the point where I wake up in the night with my heart pounding.
I have a feeling it's DMAA or something like it. I took some DMAA alone and it really pumped up my blood pressure.

Workouts aren't the same. Not as much energy and motivation. I miss my energy shot!

Looking for something that will give me the pumps and energy but without the high blood pressure.

Any ideas??

Red
Epic by LGSciences! Tried a lot of pre's and this works the best for me. No crazy heart and constant energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards

That's my fav, hemovol + caffeine pill.

Anyone order the new PES Enhance yet? I'll let you guys know how it is.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
I use NOXIPRO, its incredibly effective....I train in the evening though and rather than wait until 2 in the morning for it to wear off I take a proactive approach and take melatonin, GABA, and valerian root pills an hour before bed.....get to sleep with no problems.

shiggy504

shiggy504

Awards
Kronic pump and nitro ncg are two of my favorites

pappybay

pappybay

Awards

I use pineapple guava mix and then coffee, seems to work for me.

sdunlimited

sdunlimited

Awards
I use NOXIPRO, its incredibly effective....I train in the evening though and rather than wait until 2 in the morning for it to wear off I take a proactive approach and take melatonin, GABA, and valerian root pills an hour before bed.....get to sleep with no problems.

I too follow this route frequently. Personally, I enjoy the 'cracked out' feeling occasionally but on the days I don't wanted to be stim'd out of my mind or know I need to get to sleep early, I'll sometimes just mix up a couple packets of 4C Green Tea mix in my water bottle. Great focus, a little caffeine and a nice boost to get you through the workout. Throw in 5g or so of BCAA's and it's hard to beat.

antknee02

antknee02

Awards
right now i use a mt dew or NOS and a caff pill..in the past i made my own:
caffiene
bcaa powder
beta alanine
creatine mono
cit malite ( spelling )
crystal lite

i called it Placebo when people asked what it was, lol- it got to be a PIA to make it all the time though.

sdunlimited

sdunlimited

Awards
right now i use a mt dew or NOS and a caff pill..in the past i made my own:
caffiene
bcaa powder
beta alanine
creatine mono
cit malite ( spelling )
crystal lite

i called it Placebo when people asked what it was, lol- it got to be a PIA to make it all the time though.

I've done this type of thing before too & thought it worked out pretty good. If you give it a shot, I'd recommend holding onto an old container & appropriately sized scoop so you can mix all the ingredients together like a standard powder/supplement you buy. For the most part, it's pretty easy to portion out the ingredients correctly because they have a pre-sized scoop. If not, find the product's bulk density & determine the dose from there. Once you have that, scale up so you can make 5,10 or more servings at once.

RedRaptor

Awards
caffiene
bcaa powder
beta alanine
creatine mono
cit malite ( spelling )
crystal lite
May give that a try. Most of the commercial stuff has too many things I can't pronounce.
At 54 I need to keep my heart rate down below 160 but like the energy boost of pre-workouts.

BeastFitness1

BeastFitness1

Awards
Epic from LG Siences is a great preworkout it gives me great energy focus and intensity for and through my workout. Also it's cool that is liquid you can either dilute in water or take a shot of it. There is a lot if good preworkouts out there but this one works really well for me.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ConDense would be a good choice. Only 200mg of caffeine per scoop.

antknee02

antknee02

Awards
i just got a tub of muscle marinade for 50% off at vit shoppe- so far i like it. usually i have to add a pill or something to these prework outs, but not this one.

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards
I've tried em all: no explode, this pump, that pump, beta this and that. Nothing worked well and made my heart race and chest feel tight. Was always out of breath. What works for me is...
Nothing! Maybe a small gulp of coffee but honestly try not taking anything pre workout.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I've tried em all: no explode, this pump, that pump, beta this and that. Nothing worked well and made my heart race and chest feel tight. Was always out of breath. What works for me is...
Nothing! Maybe a small gulp of coffee but honestly try not taking anything pre workout.
Man, if I don't drink a PwO I might as well just sit on the couch

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I have started using OxyElite Pro, seems to work well--Not a "drink"

thegameoflife

Awards
I love 1MR.

Also try and switch up my pre workouts ever couple of days / weeks.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Try PNI's Prodigy. If you don't believe me, read the reviews and logs, then try for yourself.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Powermax has been getting awesome reviews on this and other sites. We currently have a promo running so if you're interested in logging a tub, stop on by the company promo section. You won't be disappointed!

cas1981

Awards
Nothing! Maybe a small gulp of coffee but honestly try not taking anything pre workout.[/QUOTE.
Besides the caffeine the B vitamins are what you're looking for for energy and focus. Try b complex pills or liquid they are both really cheap. For five bucks I get the B complex liquid and I just drop a couple drops under my tounge . I have the same reaction from any and all pre workouts as you. Feel all nervous n like I'm having a heart attack..

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing! Maybe a small gulp of coffee but honestly try not taking anything pre workout.[/QUOTE.
Besides the caffeine the B vitamins are what you're looking for for energy and focus. Try b complex pills or liquid they are both really cheap. For five bucks I get the B complex liquid and I just drop a couple drops under my tounge . I have the same reaction from any and all pre workouts as you. Feel all nervous n like I'm having a heart attack..
Would you be interested in trying Powermax? We have had great reviews and no reports of the nervous jittery feeling. Let me know if you would like to try out a few samples and see if maybe this would work for you.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Has anyone tried CONQUER???
I am a big fan of Conquer.
The stack that I use is Conquer, Hemavol and KNO3. When I am on a stim break I just dismiss the conquer and I seem to do just fine the in the gym too.

If you have any questions about Conquer let me know. Happy to answer them for you.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established

I agree man! I hated NO EXplode! I use Hemavol and Conquer

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Did White Flood for a week. It put me in the ER with PVC's.

Did MHP Fit X Trainer for a few months. It put me in the ER with tachycardia. Almost like an adrenaline rush that wouldn't stop. Very scary.

Stims or no stims. Gotta be careful. Especially when doing cardio. Now I'm limited to tea.

This stuff isn't FDA approved so you're taking a risk.

Jram1

Awards
Hey Veaderko;

Thanks for the reply.

Presently I'm on Jack3d for my pre-w/o cocktail, which I like but contains caffeine of which I'm not a fan. I've noticed that Conquer also contains caffeine and is anhydrous which means the caffeine in Conquer is pretty potent. In looking at Hemavol which does not contain caffeine, I thought maybe I could stack Hemavol together with Compete and using Compete as a intra augmentation and post recovery drink. What do you think.

rixrix

Awards
C4 works for me. I have also used craze but it makes me feel too cracked out. Also have n2bk (?) and it also makes me cracked out. I keep going back to the C4 because it is a little gentler, I think it is mostly caffeine.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Hey Veaderko;

Thanks for the reply.

Presently I'm on Jack3d for my pre-w/o cocktail, which I like but contains caffeine of which I'm not a fan. I've noticed that Conquer also contains caffeine and is anhydrous which means the caffeine in Conquer is pretty potent. In looking at Hemavol which does not contain caffeine, I thought maybe I could stack Hemavol together with Compete and using Compete as a intra augmentation and post recovery drink. What do you think.
Nothing wrong with that combination at all! Hemavol is essentailly a non-stim preWO that gives one hell of a pump, and compete to me is a great intraWO. Plus both of those taste awesome.

Jram1

Awards
Hey Veaderko;

Again, thanks for the reply.

Just sent away for Hemavol and Compete. This should hopefully jump start my w/o's. With all my additional supplements I take, I also requested some liver support. Hope this will help keep my enzymes down just in case. Have a great day.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with that combination at all! Hemavol is essentailly a non-stim preWO that gives one hell of a pump, and compete to me is a great intraWO. Plus both of those taste awesome.
The great thing about hemavol is that it's so versatile. Iv almost added to every preworkout that iv used, except the ones already containing agmatine.

Jawbreaker24

Jawbreaker24

Awards
High volume+OG craze = :D

Also LGI'S Fully Loaded, is great, it's like Heamavol with stims:)