HCG Failed... on to TRT - Need Resources - AnabolicMinds.com

HCG Failed... on to TRT - Need Resources

  1. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    HCG Failed... on to TRT - Need Resources


    Long story short:

    April 2011: Total test: 253
    May 2011: Total test: 350 (after running Div1/T-XL/DAA as a log)
    Sept 2012: Total 250, Free 50 (doc says no worries)
    Sept 2012 2nd opinion: Total 280 (doc says low-t)

    Doc tells me to try HCG first since I'm young (yes I'm younger than what this section requires but I see more posts about TRT/HCG here so I figured I'd get more responses)

    I ran 1000UI doses every other day for 6 days and was rechecked today. Total was 250. So apparently it didn't do anything and now he wants to start me on TRT 140mg/week.

    I wanted to post here and ask others for any resources concerning benefits of TRT, side effects, how long it takes to notice, what I should be concerned about in terms of aromatizing/estrogen increasing, etc.

    Wanted to read up and get educated before moving forward.

    TIA,

    DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

  2. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,294
    Rep Power
    3567564

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Did you have your estrogen levels checked too?

    I'm not sure what you will see with 140mg a week, I'm doing 500 a week, it took about 3 weeks to feel it kicking in, by week 6 strength gains were way up. Maybe run a natural anti-estrogen while on, I'm interested in hearing what everyone else thinks.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  3. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48008

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Long story short:

    April 2011: Total test: 253
    May 2011: Total test: 350 (after running Div1/T-XL/DAA as a log)
    Sept 2012: Total 250, Free 50 (doc says no worries)
    Sept 2012 2nd opinion: Total 280 (doc says low-t)

    Doc tells me to try HCG first since I'm young (yes I'm younger than what this section requires but I see more posts about TRT/HCG here so I figured I'd get more responses)

    I ran 1000UI doses every other day for 6 days and was rechecked today. Total was 250. So apparently it didn't do anything and now he wants to start me on TRT 140mg/week.

    I wanted to post here and ask others for any resources concerning benefits of TRT, side effects, how long it takes to notice, what I should be concerned about in terms of aromatizing/estrogen increasing, etc.

    Wanted to read up and get educated before moving forward.

    TIA,

    DJ
    Well, the first thing I would do is run a full hormonal panel. Pin point if the troubles are in the gonads or pituitary or the hypothalumus itself.
    It seems that if you run HCG correctly and nothing happen your nuts may be at fault. Just have to do a hormonal panel to find out what you playing with here.
    Did you have LH, FSH, estrogen checked?
    Have you done PHs or steroids before?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Well, the first thing I would do is run a full hormonal panel. Pin point if the troubles are in the gonads or pituitary or the hypothalumus itself.
    It seems that if you run HCG correctly and nothing happen your nuts may be at fault. Just have to do a hormonal panel to find out what you playing with here.
    Did you have LH, FSH, estrogen checked?
    Have you done PHs or steroids before?
    No PHs/Steroids done ever.

    LH: 3.3 (1.7-8.6)
    FSH: 2.4 (1.5-12.4)
    Estradiol: 17.1 (7.6-42.6) is this E2?

    Normal ranges listed as referenced from the lab report. Not sure if those numbers are cause for concern or not since they all fall within range. Doc said HCG was intended as a "natural" way to reboot the testes without having concern for shutdown as with TRT. I'm not sure if those numbers indicate pituitary at fault or what I laughed at as lazy nuts. It seems that I hover near 250s as my normal test. I don't think my pituitary is the culprit it was pretty good at making me grow to this height but then again I could be wrong/doesn't have anything to do with it.

    I was apprehensive because the doc just seemed to want to jump to TRT immediately and I had questions about the causes/concern for it... what side effects should I be aware of, how often will I take it, what about an increase in estrogen, etc. and his response was "you will just come in every 7-10 days and we'll check your levels again and go from there/see how you feel."

    I just didn't feel very assured If I'm about to commit to it I want to have all my bases covered.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  5. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48008

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    No PHs/Steroids done ever.

    LH: 3.3 (1.7-8.6)
    FSH: 2.4 (1.5-12.4)
    Estradiol: 17.1 (7.6-42.6) is this E2?

    Normal ranges listed as referenced from the lab report. Not sure if those numbers are cause for concern or not since they all fall within range. Doc said HCG was intended as a "natural" way to reboot the testes without having concern for shutdown as with TRT. I'm not sure if those numbers indicate pituitary at fault or what I laughed at as lazy nuts. It seems that I hover near 250s as my normal test. I don't think my pituitary is the culprit it was pretty good at making me grow to this height but then again I could be wrong/doesn't have anything to do with it.

    I was apprehensive because the doc just seemed to want to jump to TRT immediately and I had questions about the causes/concern for it... what side effects should I be aware of, how often will I take it, what about an increase in estrogen, etc. and his response was "you will just come in every 7-10 days and we'll check your levels again and go from there/see how you feel."

    I just didn't feel very assured If I'm about to commit to it I want to have all my bases covered.
    You doing the right thing to ask questions and inform yourself nothing wrong with that.
    Looking at your numbers it puzzels me somewhat. Your LH and FSH are low. Your Estradiol or E2 is well within range so there is no negative feedback from it. At the same time HCG did nothing to stimulate your nuts.
    The pituitary doesnt seem to work that well but neither are your nuts. Only thing I wonder is about the HCG you took if it was good.
    By the way height has to do more with growth hormone than testosterone. Pituitary can produce plenty of GH and little LH or FSH. It works rather independent of each other. THe pituitary also produces other hormons. The doctor can check other hormons to see how it works if you want to go that route like the thyroid (TSH)

    In your case I would try clomid to see if it works. It works in a similar way as the HCG through the LH signal to the gonads. Something is odd about your case. Most times the problem is one or the other but not both.
    Did you have any accident where you got hit in the nuts or had an infection?
    Not to be weird but what size are the gonads compared to an olive?
    Is this the only blood work that was done? If not what was the other one?
    Did you have an MRI to the pituaitary done?
    I would not go forward with HRT till you figure what's the cause of your issue.
  6. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,293
    Rep Power
    760998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I know it makes sense to find the reason for low T. But, if on TRT, why does the cause really matter if the treatment is working?

    Just playing devil's advocate
  7. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48008

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I know it makes sense to find the reason for low T. But, if on TRT, why does the cause really matter if the treatment is working?

    Just playing devil's advocate
    Because if you have a tumor on the pituitary or nuts for whatever reason it's pays to find out and treat it before you cover it with TRT.
  8. New Member
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    I'm reading as many lab result threads as I can since I'm getting my results from my first bloodwork Wednesday. This one is interesting to me as we'll. I don't really have the answer, but I do have some advice. Definitely do what I'm doing and read all the threads you can and all the stickies just to at least get a good grasp on HRT. If and when I start, I'm gonna be well educated on it and also know where to go to find more info. There are some awesome guys on here with tons of knowledge. Good luck bro
  9. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    In your case I would try clomid to see if it works. It works in a similar way as the HCG through the LH signal to the gonads. Something is odd about your case. Most times the problem is one or the other but not both.
    Did you have any accident where you got hit in the nuts or had an infection?
    Not to be weird but what size are the gonads compared to an olive?
    Is this the only blood work that was done? If not what was the other one?
    Did you have an MRI to the pituaitary done?
    I would not go forward with HRT till you figure what's the cause of your issue.
    Can't really think of any time I was hit in the nuts incredibly hard... I'm sure there have been those times when I was accidently whacked in the nuts or bumped but nothing that had me down for the count. A lonnnnng time ago when I was still in middle school I remember having to go to the ER because I woke up one morning in immense pain associated with the "boys." Doctors suspected torsion and went to do an ultrasound that showed nothing and the pain just randomly went away. It was very strange. A few months ago I had some pain that felt very similar but hardly as intense... a dull ache that faded away after only a few days and I thought nothing of it. Everything feels fine down there. No lumps, no pains. Size wise they are full and healthy, definitely larger than an olive.

    No other bloodwork done. The one from my physician also tested for prolactin and thyroid which indicated hypothyroidism but I need another blood draw for that to confirm. I wouldn't be surprised since it runs in the family.

    No MRI. Didn't think it was necessitated that test quite yet.

    I think I'm going to go to an actual endo and talk things out with them. I'd really like to know that things are fine and that my body just naturally hangs out with a low level.

    Quote Originally Posted by tenntarheel View Post
    I'm reading as many lab result threads as I can since I'm getting my results from my first bloodwork Wednesday. This one is interesting to me as we'll. I don't really have the answer, but I do have some advice. Definitely do what I'm doing and read all the threads you can and all the stickies just to at least get a good grasp on HRT. If and when I start, I'm gonna be well educated on it and also know where to go to find more info. There are some awesome guys on here with tons of knowledge. Good luck bro
    Thanks man
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  10. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48008

    Reputation

    It's possible to produce a lower amount of test as your normal. If that;s the case then HRT would def be an option and go from there.
  11. New Member
    TRTDetroit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    379

    Reputation

    did you keep the medicine in the fridge?
  12. New Member
    MIGUEL1J's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    289410

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole
    Long story short:

    April 2011: Total test: 253
    May 2011: Total test: 350 (after running Div1/T-XL/DAA as a log)
    Sept 2012: Total 250, Free 50 (doc says no worries)
    Sept 2012 2nd opinion: Total 280 (doc says low-t)

    Doc tells me to try HCG first since I'm young (yes I'm younger than what this section requires but I see more posts about TRT/HCG here so I figured I'd get more responses)

    I ran 1000UI doses every other day for 6 days and was rechecked today. Total was 250. So apparently it didn't do anything and now he wants to start me on TRT 140mg/week.

    I wanted to post here and ask others for any resources concerning benefits of TRT, side effects, how long it takes to notice, what I should be concerned about in terms of aromatizing/estrogen increasing, etc.

    Wanted to read up and get educated before moving forward.

    TIA,

    DJ
    Hay djbean pole your lh/fsh are good. Did your doc check your thyroid. I'm on hcg 1000iu 3 times a week. When I started hcg my test was 320 it shot up to 700something then 900 now it stays between 1000 and 1200. But my doc told me to stay away from sugar, corn syrup while on hcg. If possible get it from Walgreens Plus he put me on d3 5000, multi and chromium gtf.
  13. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J

    Hay djbean pole your lh/fsh are good. Did your doc check your thyroid. I'm on hcg 1000iu 3 times a week. When I started hcg my test was 320 it shot up to 700something then 900 now it stays between 1000 and 1200. But my doc told me to stay away from sugar, corn syrup while on hcg. If possible get it from Walgreens Plus he put me on d3 5000, multi and chromium gtf.
    Funny you mention thyroid. Just had a test confirming hypothyroidism.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  14. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TRTDetroit
    did you keep the medicine in the fridge?
    Yup.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  15. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48008

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Funny you mention thyroid. Just had a test confirming hypothyroidism.
    It pays to keep looking until you get the whole picture.
  16. New Member
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    Miguel, did the doc give you hcg bc he felt like your low test levels were caused by hypothyroidism? My test is in the dirt, and thyroid was just a bit high, so my doc was just gonna check thyroid with a few additional tests in three weeks but start me on TRT bc he felt my thyroid would probably level out with better sleep and what not. I wouldn't mind trying just hcg to see if it fixed both issues. Or are you on Synthroid as well?
  17. New Member
    MIGUEL1J's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    289410

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Same problem I had about a year ago. Ask ur doc to check ur adrenal and a1c levels. I'm on 1000iu 3 times a week hcg,
    Metagenics adrenogen adrest Glucorest and 2.5mg of letro every day. I put on about 40 lbs lean muscle and lost 58 lbs off fat and my fat is still dropping. But try test cyp if your doc recommend it, but my doc made a good point to me he told me that it's better if your own body makes the test it's self the body will respect it more than a synthetic test plus when you decide to stop bb you'll keep all the muscle. Fewer sides that way as well plus steroid are effective because the rush alot of androgens and test fast in your body, your body can make steriods with hcg
  18. New Member
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    How long did it take for you to level out at 1000-1200ng? Are you planning to remain on HCG only? And of course the adrenal supps?
  19. New Member
    MIGUEL1J's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    289410

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    5 to 6 months, when I hit 900 something I felt like superman lol my bench squat dead lift doubled. When it leveled I knew because that week I gained 27.5 lbs not kidding you. I went to my doc office a week before I weight 204.9 when I went back for the lab the doc had a smile told me to step on the scale 231.3 he just said wow congrats. He told me to take advantage of the peek level and hit the gym as much as I can and double my protein. Ima be on it for a while
  20. New Member
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    Nice dude! That's good ****.
  21. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    It pays to keep looking until you get the whole picture.
    I see my doc next week and I'll talk to him about it then and explain to him the whole HCG fiasco and see if he has an endo he can refer me to.

    Cortisol and T-antibodies have been ordered to check on a few other things.

    In the words of Super Troopers... "You are freaking out... MAN!"

    :\!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  22. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Reputation

    Great thread.
  23. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Resurrected update: Saw an endo yesterday. Redrawing a bunch of labs at what is considered my "morning" time since I work nightshift (so everything will be drawn near 3PM as opposed to 8-9AM). We'll see what happens.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  24. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    5 to 6 months, when I hit 900 something I felt like superman lol my bench squat dead lift doubled. When it leveled I knew because that week I gained 27.5 lbs not kidding you. I went to my doc office a week before I weight 204.9 when I went back for the lab the doc had a smile told me to step on the scale 231.3 he just said wow congrats. He told me to take advantage of the peek level and hit the gym as much as I can and double my protein. Ima be on it for a while

    27.5 pounds in one week would require 96,250 calories (at 3,500 per pound average) or 13,750 calories per day........not counting normal body maintenance. I imagine you meant longer because I can barely get down 4,000 per day of high quality food.

    I have been on 160 MG Cypo per week for about 3 months and gained ten pounds and it was not easy......
  25. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,294
    Rep Power
    3567564

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Resurrected update: Saw an endo yesterday. Redrawing a bunch of labs at what is considered my "morning" time since I work nightshift (so everything will be drawn near 3PM as opposed to 8-9AM). We'll see what happens.
    Nice bro!

    I'm getting my bloods done Tuesday, last time my test was at 257ng.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  26. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post

    Nice bro!

    I'm getting my bloods done Tuesday, last time my test was at 257ng.
    I'm having a ton of things drawn. From F+T test to ACTH, hepatic function, bmp, etc.

    I'm ready for some answers!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  27. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Everything came back normal Had the lab drawn at what is considered "morning" for me at 3PM (since I work nights I'm usually in bed by 8AM and up around 2PM). Total test was in the upper 300s which the endo said for a guy my age was still a little low but didn't want to worry about that right now since I am planning on having kids in the future.

    Glad to have some things resolved.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM
  2. New to TRT need help
    By Bigdaddy46 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 05:00 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 08:07 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in