quick trt questions

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I'm just going to tell you that your doctor is insane. 400mg is going to wreck you from a hormone standpoint, add to that, he wants you to wait 2 weeks until the next surge. You want to go weekly at a minimum. Find a new doctor.

200 a week is a very high TRT dose, but common. Better to start lower than higher. Like 50-75mg a week and then adjust up.

2. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    I got my first shot of test e yesterday (400mg). My doc wants me to repeat the same dosage every 2 weeks. However, wouldn't it be better in terms of establishing stable blood level concentrations if i instead dosed 200mg every week instead of 400mg every 2 weeks?
    I am on test cyp at 100mg/week. I self inject 43mg every three days in order to avoid high peaks and low troughs. I had a testosterone test done yesterday a day after my shot. The level was 1335 with a lab range of males 20-49 years old 262-1593. That's a pretty broad range. Tomorrow, the morning of my next shot, I am getting it tested again before injection to see what my low level is. If it is pretty high I may lower my dose a little. He isn't checking free and bioavailable test, but I can use an on line calculator and insert my usual SHBG and albumin and estimate that free T is probably about 221 range 47-244 and bioavailable T is probably about 494 range 130-680.

For me at least it seems that 100mg test cyp is plenty. Of course if I had been dosing once a week the peak would have been higher. I'll add that I have been on TRT for over two years, so I can assume that my natural production is pretty much shut down.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I'm just going to tell you that your doctor is insane. 400mg is going to wreck you from a hormone standpoint, add to that, he wants you to wait 2 weeks until the next surge. You want to go weekly at a minimum. Find a new doctor.

200 a week is a very high TRT dose, but common. Better to start lower than higher. Like 50-75mg a week and then adjust up.
    Really?! It's THAT high a dose in your opinion? Great
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Don't be nervous, I didn't mean it to sound like the end of the world.

400mg is a cycle dose, not a TRT dose, and even then, people will split it into 2 x 200mg doses a week because it is so much to take at once. Going to whatever sky high test level that is taking you at to where you'll be in 2 weeks is not a good trip. When I started, my doc decided to try 200mg every 2 weeks and I couldn't handle it- it was a bad idea. I'd be an emotional wreck for 3-4 days and then feel good for 3-4 days and then start feeling the come down. By the time the 2nd week rolled around, I was right back where I started before the shot. Not good. The goal is to stay high normal with the least amount of fluctuation. That's why a lot of guys now inject small amounts twice a week.

I'm by no means an expert, but I spent a lot of time running tests and trying different amounts/intervals over the course of a year before getting it right.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Don't be nervous, I didn't mean it to sound like the end of the world.

400mg is a cycle dose, not a TRT dose, and even then, people will split it into 2 x 200mg doses a week because it is so much to take at once. Going to whatever sky high test level that is taking you at to where you'll be in 2 weeks is not a good trip. When I started, my doc decided to try 200mg every 2 weeks and I couldn't handle it- it was a bad idea. I'd be an emotional wreck for 3-4 days and then feel good for 3-4 days and then start feeling the come down. By the time the 2nd week rolled around, I was right back where I started before the shot. Not good. The goal is to stay high normal with the least amount of fluctuation. That's why a lot of guys now inject small amounts twice a week.

I'm by no means an expert, but I spent a lot of time running tests and trying different amounts/intervals over the course of a year before getting it right.
    Oh okay, cool....I'll ask my doc if I can split the dose from here on in so I'm dosing 200mg/wk instead of 400mg every two weeks...if I experience fluctuations in how I'm feeling, I'll try to take 100mg twice a week but that might be tough cause the test is 200mg/ml.

Thanks for all your help.
  6. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Oh okay, cool....I'll ask my doc if I can split the dose from here on in so I'm dosing 200mg/wk instead of 400mg every two weeks...if I experience fluctuations in how I'm feeling, I'll try to take 100mg twice a week but that might be tough cause the test is 200mg/ml.

Thanks for all your help.
    Just do .5ml to get 100mg test.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    Just do .5ml to get 100mg test.
    It's not the math that's the problem (LOL)....it's more like I'm not that experienced with measuring this stuff out and thought it might be hard to eyeball 0.5ml on the syringe...but I guess it's not that big of a deal. So, 100mg twice a week is better than 200mg once per week? Sorry for all the dumbass questions.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

No problem.

It's actually really easy. My come in 10unit increments. 50 units is 100mg.
    Last edited by kisaj; 09-19-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: already answered
  9. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

It's not the math that's the problem (LOL)....it's more like I'm not that experienced with measuring this stuff out and thought it might be hard to eyeball 0.5ml on the syringe...but I guess it's not that big of a deal. So, 100mg twice a week is better than 200mg once per week? Sorry for all the dumbass questions.
    The syringes I use are marked at each hundredth of a ml so accuracy is easy. I use 1/2" 30g insulin syringes. Though the needle is fairly short I don't have much fat so I get it into the muscle quite well if not very deep. This needle is so thin that it is virtually painless. A good thing when injecting frequently. I inject every three days.
  10. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

When I started, my doc decided to try 200mg every 2 weeks and I couldn't handle it- it was a bad idea. I'd be an emotional wreck for 3-4 days and then feel good for 3-4 days and then start feeling the come down. By the time the 2nd week rolled around, I was right back where I started before the shot.
    What kind of symptoms did you get from high T? I've been noticing a lot of anxiety and a generally buzzy feeing the day after injection. Not what I was expecting from high testosterone. I don't think this is an E2 issue since I know what my high E2 symptoms are, breast/nipple pain.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Started as the exact buzzy/nervous energy/anxiety feeling about 8-12 hours following injection and then about 24 hours later morphed into an edgy feeling where I'd get annoyed by dumb things. By the end of the second day I was just very "powerful" and alpha feeling x1000. Just felt like a jerk and the littlest things would irritate me. Then after I slept off the second day going into the third, it would subside and I'd start feeling good and that turned to great for the next 2-3 days. I equated it to the test level dropping. I started adding Erase around the time that we lowered my dose to 150mg and it worked great. The edge was about 75% less, but obviously I threw in the variable of lowered dose.

I ended up being at 125 every 6 days as my sweet spot with minimal sides and most benefits- other than injecting twice a week, which I don't feel like doing.
  12. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Started as the exact buzzy/nervous energy/anxiety feeling about 8-12 hours following injection and then about 24 hours later morphed into an edgy feeling where I'd get annoyed by dumb things. By the end of the second day I was just very "powerful" and alpha feeling x1000. Just felt like a jerk and the littlest things would irritate me. Then after I slept off the second day going into the third, it would subside and I'd start feeling good and that turned to great for the next 2-3 days. I equated it to the test level dropping. I started adding Erase around the time that we lowered my dose to 150mg and it worked great. The edge was about 75% less, but obviously I threw in the variable of lowered dose.

I ended up being at 125 every 6 days as my sweet spot with minimal sides and most benefits- other than injecting twice a week, which I don't feel like doing.
    I haven't had an angry or irritated feeling, more like a anxious and depressed feeling.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BJE

I haven't had an angry or irritated feeling, more like a anxious and depressed feeling.
    I second this^^^^^^
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I got my first shot of test e yesterday (400mg). My doc wants me to repeat the same dosage every 2 weeks. However, wouldn't it be better in terms of establishing stable blood level concentrations if i instead dosed 200mg every week instead of 400mg every 2 weeks?
    yep, even better doing 100mg every few days. It's a heafty dosage for a newb though.
    if you dont have any AI I would run over to your doc and get a script for arimidex pronto!
  15. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    yep, even better doing 100mg every few days. It's a heafty dosage for a newb though.
    if you dont have any AI I would run over to your doc and get a script for arimidex pronto!
    Interestingly, I was on compounded testosterone cream for about a year and a half. I never got my testosterone level up to mid range but I had problems with estrogen and used Arimidex. Now that I have been on test cyp for a few weeks and my T level is quite high, I have not had any E2 problems and have not used any AI. In other words testosterone cream on the skin seems to have caused a lot more conversion than T injections.
  16. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alpinecoach View Post
    I second this^^^^^^
    Are you saying you have had these feelings from high testosterone?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Just curious why you wouldn't think that an anxious and depressed feeling wouldn't be caused by high e2? You should not be feeling that way and it does sound like that is what it is. Testing is really the only way to know.
  18. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Just curious why you wouldn't think that an anxious and depressed feeling wouldn't be caused by high e2? You should not be feeling that way and it does sound like that is what it is. Testing is really the only way to know.
    I know it sounds like E2, but from several years experience an many blood tests I know that when I get high E2 my first symptom is nipple pain. I am having none of that at the present.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quick PCT question...
    By Gumbo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 03:43 PM
  2. quick clen question?
    By mpc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:13 AM
  3. Quick Nolva Question
    By NE1 in forum Anabolics