how to diy testosterone replacement therapy

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%

how to diy testosterone replacement therapy

I was born with a f'd up pituitary gland and my body produces less T as a result, and I'm now 31 & thats catching up big time...libido & wood are both way too low, at least thats all I notice, may have bone density/muscle mass issues too. I'm in decent shape. I talked to a testosterone replacement thereapy clinic & they said it's like $4000 for the first visit and $1000.00/mo for their program. Well I'm self employed & can't afford insurance ($500/mo for the family) & I can't afford $1k/mo either, much less $4k upfront. So where I'm at is...trying to figure out all this sh!t on my own & based on my research I think cyp injections are going the be the best way to go. But I've got alot of questions. Maybe some of you can help me answer.

1. How much should I take? Is there a guide to know about where your tt & freeT should be, based on age/weight, etc.? Are there any other things I need to be concerned about besides tt & freeT? (like Etrogen, etc...)

2. I feel like to do it right, I should go to a lab & have my T tested on some kind of regular basis? If so, is there a way to do lowT labs for cheap? (perhaps a diy kit?) I looked online & only found places that were like $250/lab visit, still seems expensive to me.

3. Are there any places to buy good quality cyp cheap? (online or offline, prescription/not) I found a place (offshore I'm sure) that'll give me 200mg/ml x 10ml for $100, is that good? Any recommendations would be great.

4. How do you know if you need aromatize inhibitors, hcg, or 5alpha-reductase inhibitors?

5. Is this the best forum for low T discussion? If there's a better place for me to post this thread, let me know.

6. Is cyp the best solution for low T?

7. Is there any good gameplan in this situation?

My goal is simply to get my libido & hard wood back. Muscle gains would be an added bonus, but not as important as the libido.

HELP!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.53%

I have low test like 187 My doctor has me on testosterone cypionate 200mg/ml I take .5 every 4 days, no insurance seems like I pay 44.00 I also take Anastrozole 1 pill every other day. I read where cypionate was the best test but I am new to this. Lol
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by testeez View Post
    So where I'm at is...trying to figure out all this sh!t on my own & based on my research I think cyp injections are going the be the best way to go. But I've got alot of questions. Maybe some of you can help me answer.
    on average, cyp injections are cheapest and simplest.

1. How much should I take? Is there a guide to know about where your tt & freeT should be, based on age/weight, etc.? Are there any other things I need to be concerned about besides tt & freeT? (like Etrogen, etc...)
    generally speaking, somewhere between 100mg-150mg a week puts most men in range. Realistically you want TT + free to be at least over middle of range day after injection, and above bottom of range day before via blood test normal ranges.

2. I feel like to do it right, I should go to a lab & have my T tested on some kind of regular basis? If so, is there a way to do lowT labs for cheap? (perhaps a diy kit?) I looked online & only found places that were like $250/lab visit, still seems expensive to me.
    its your health, $250 2x a year isn't horrifying. but i'll say more on this later

3. Are there any places to buy good quality cyp cheap? (online or offline, prescription/not) I found a place (offshore I'm sure) that'll give me 200mg/ml x 10ml for $100, is that good? Any recommendations would be great.
    no, thats terrible. What you need to do is find a urologist locally, go visit him, pay for the visit out of pocket, get the blood tests via him (in that $250 range yes), and if you come back low then get him to prescibe cyp. Sams club/walmart sells 10ml vials for around $70

4. How do you know if you need aromatize inhibitors, hcg, or 5alpha-reductase inhibitors?
    blood tests, or other issues. If you keep your doses in the normal range and you don't have huge amounts of bodyfat, you shouldn't need either. if you have really high bodyfat an AI might be useful at first.

5. Is this the best forum for low T discussion? If there's a better place for me to post this thread, let me know.
    this is the forum area for testosterone for health vs cycling for muscle gains, so yes.

6. Is cyp the best solution for low T?
    define best. Androgel 1.62% ends up giving you a closer to natural testosterone "flow" but you run contact risk with any women or children in your life.

7. Is there any good gameplan in this situation?
    the only good gameplan is to work with a doctor. Even a general practicioner can prescribe testosterone (although most don't like to). But its pretty normal for urologists. An endocrinologist would be best given your thyroid issue although it will cost more.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
  2. Stack While on Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    By spenbro in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 04:17 PM
  3. Stack While on Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    By spenbro in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM