Help on leaning out

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I need help on leaning out, I am 5'9 and 185 can't get rid of this fat. I take oxyElite Pro and do 45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and lift at night. Just started C4 to help with my night training. Any ideas?

jcatanese985

jcatanese985

Awards
  • Established
One word (DIET)

jcatanese985

jcatanese985

Awards
  • Established
Post up ur diet for a day and it will help

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Ok, I just don't want to burn up muscle. Heck I know I can cut calories and run and look like Stick lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do fasted cardio in the mornings, BUT I drink BCAAs before and during my session. What kind of cardio are you doing? I've my best results with HIIT, but I still switch up now and then.

"Abs are made in the kitchen."

Ultimately, diet is going to be very important. Have you ever tried counting macros instead of counting calories, only? Just another idea.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I do HIIT and just run some days and just started BCAA's last week. I could cut carbs but that's all I can think of.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I do fasted cardio in the mornings, BUT I drink BCAAs before and during my session. What kind of cardio are you doing? I've my best results with HIIT, but I still switch up now and then.

"Abs are made in the kitchen."

Ultimately, diet is going to be very important. Have you ever tried counting macros instead of counting calories, only? Just another idea.
I'm trying both...

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Many people have more problems with carbs (carb sensitive) and keeping them low. Going with healthy fats and protein helps tremendously. I'm also looking into Armour type thyroid extract.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Many people have more problems with carbs (carb sensitive) and keeping them low. Going with healthy fats and protein helps tremendously. I'm also looking into Armour type thyroid extract.
Problems as in eating too many (weight gain) or not digesting them properly.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Problems as in eating too many (weight gain) or not digesting them properly.
Aaron, Due to today's foods (high fructose corn syrup in soda is example) many young people, and most old people get "carb sensitive" and whatever carbs they eat tend to go directly in much higher percent to fat cells than muscle cells. Nutrient partitioners such as NA-RALA and berberine (Yellow Gold) can overcome much of this by opening up the insulin resistant Glut-4 receptors of muscle cells again and not the Glut-4 receptors in fat cells.

The way I get around this is by staying very low carb 5 days per week and taking strong doses of those nutrient partitioners on the 2 days (refeed days) a week I eat a lot of carbs. This is the only way I seem to be successful in losing fat.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I am cutting carbs to under a 100 a day and see if that helps. I think what I am doing is working but man is it slow! Lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Aaron, Due to today's foods (high fructose corn syrup in soda is example) many young people, and most old people get "carb sensitive" and whatever carbs they eat tend to go directly in much higher percent to fat cells than muscle cells. Nutrient partitioners such as NA-RALA and berberine (Yellow Gold) can overcome much of this by opening up the insulin resistant Glut-4 receptors of muscle cells again and not the Glut-4 receptors in fat cells.

The way I get around this is by staying very low carb 5 days per week and taking strong doses of those nutrient partitioners on the 2 days (refeed days) a week I eat a lot of carbs. This is the only way I seem to be successful in losing fat.
I see. Yeah low carbs I haven't tried yet.
When u say very low carbs, how many are we talkin each day?

I've been using 40/30/30 macro rules...
What are your macros set up like?
Are your cals set at maintence as well?

I am cutting carbs to under a 100 a day and see if that helps. I think what I am doing is working but man is it slow! Lol
& what are u doing exactly?

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
larry,

Try picking up some Glycobol, as it has NA-RALA, berberine, and cinnamon bark in it. That's a powerful combo of nutrient partitioners, probably stronger than most diabetic drugs, and it's safe. Every time you eat over 15 grams of carbs with a meal take a couple of those and they will push the carbs into muscle cells rather than fat cells. It will make a difference to someone a little carb sensitive.

Aaron,

Seven years ago I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic so I'm very carb sensitive, but my blood tests for the last 4 years say I'm not diabetic. I just have it under decent control. This whole thing depends on where you are at in both insulin resistance in muscle cells and deterioration of your beta cells in pancreas (these create insulin). So I go through periods where for 5 out of seven days I keep my carbs down to 25 -30 grams per day. I eat about 160 - 200 grams on my refeed days twice a week and take fairly large doses of things like Glycobol or Yellow Gold to pack my muscles with those carbs. I also lose a lot of fat during those times, but I keep protein high (160 grams + and supplement with extra Leucine), so muscle loss is only about 15% of weight loss. Carbs during those days would be less than 10% of my macros, but my case is special to me, and I don't recommend it for people like Larry or you.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
larry,

Try picking up some Glycobol, as it has NA-RALA, berberine, and cinnamon bark in it. That's a powerful combo of nutrient partitioners, probably stronger than most diabetic drugs, and it's safe. Every time you eat over 15 grams of carbs with a meal take a couple of those and they will push the carbs into muscle cells rather than fat cells. It will make a difference to someone a little carb sensitive.

Aaron,

Seven years ago I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic so I'm very carb sensitive, but my blood tests for the last 4 years say I'm not diabetic. I just have it under decent control. This whole thing depends on where you are at in both insulin resistance in muscle cells and deterioration of your beta cells in pancreas (these create insulin). So I go through periods where for 5 out of seven days I keep my carbs down to 25 -30 grams per day. I eat about 160 - 200 grams on my refeed days twice a week and take fairly large doses of things like Glycobol or Yellow Gold to pack my muscles with those carbs. I also lose a lot of fat during those times, but I keep protein high (160 grams + and supplement with extra Leucine), so muscle loss is only about 15% of weight loss. Carbs during those days would be less than 10% of my macros, but my case is special to me, and I don't recommend it for people like Larry or you.
How would 1 know they are diabetic or even carb sensitive?

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
How would 1 know they are diabetic or even carb sensitive?
Well, there are 2 basic ways:

1) One could simply try one of these nutrient partitioners and if they have a strong effect than that person is likely somewhat carb sensitive, but that's a long way from being diabetic or even pre-diabetic.

2) Or one could take a blood test an ask for HbA1C test, as this gives you your average blood sugar over the last 3 months. The day blood sugar tests are useless for this as there is too much variance. If the test comes out much over 4.5 you are somewhat carb sensitive and your BS is in less than perfect health (some teenagers will test as low as 4.3, or even a bit lower). Now docs will often not even call you pre-diabetic until you are over 6.0 and their diabetic ratings go as high as 7.0. I tested at 5.2 this last time, and that's supposed to not even be pre-diabetic. If larry or you would even test at 4.8 or 4.9 I would say you had some "carb sensitivity," but I have higher standards then most docs, as I read the best doctors and sources in the world on blood sugar problems. I have to know these thing to protect myself.

BTW, some of my older friends have been testing at 10.0 and 10.5 lately and those ratings even freak out the docs with low standards.

My point is carb sensitivity is 20 years from being dangerous, if that's all you are now, but it will make it that much harder to gain muscle and lose fat.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well, there are 2 basic ways:

1) One could simply try one of these nutrient partitioners and if they have a strong effect than that person is likely somewhat carb sensitive, but that's a long way from being diabetic or even pre-diabetic.

2) Or one could take a blood test an ask for HbA1C test, as this gives you your average blood sugar over the last 3 months. The day blood sugar tests are useless for this as there is too much variance. If the test comes out much over 4.5 you are somewhat carb sensitive and your BS is in less than perfect health (some teenagers will test as low as 4.3, or even a bit lower). Now docs will often not even call you pre-diabetic until you are over 6.0 and their diabetic ratings go as high as 7.0. I tested at 5.2 this last time, and that's supposed to not even be pre-diabetic. If larry or you would even test at 4.8 or 4.9 I would say you had some "carb sensitivity," but I have higher standards then most docs, as I read the best doctors and sources in the world on blood sugar problems. I have to know these thing to protect myself.

BTW, some of my older friends have been testing at 10.0 and 10.5 lately and those ratings even freak out the docs with low standards.

My point is carb sensitivity is 20 years from being dangerous, if that's all you are now, but it will make it that much harder to gain muscle and lose fat.
Thank You

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Wow , thanks I have my blood test i will go look at it.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
What am I doing? Lol well, I take oxyElite pro with green tea and amino energy with 20 grams of whey protein then go do HIIT training for 45 minutes. I come home and drink Shakeology then go to work. Eat once a chicken sub plane on wheat then 45 grams of protein from a drink called monster milk! Then I go back to the gym and lift. Take C4 then after my workout I take about 40 grams of protein along with CLA and omega 3,6,9 about three times a day lol and been stuck at 185 for 3 months

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What am I doing? Lol well, I take oxyElite pro with green tea and amino energy with 20 grams of whey protein then go do HIIT training for 45 minutes. I come home and drink Shakeology then go to work. Eat once a chicken sub plane on wheat then 45 grams of protein from a drink called monster milk! Then I go back to the gym and lift. Take C4 then after my workout I take about 40 grams of protein along with CLA and omega 3,6,9 about three times a day lol and been stuck at 185 for 3 months
R u getting more protein in equal to your BW?

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Yeah, I drink most of it. I just ate a can of tuna, lol

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
larry,

One of the docs I know, an excellent doctor, and I don't say that about many of them, has said that many of his patients cannot lose weight until they drop all wheat products. He is a cardiologist, one of the best heart docs in the world, and he wrote a book called, "Wheat Belly," and it was on the NYT's Selfhelp bestseller's list for several weeks for 2011. He says that the current wheat cannot be digested right by most people and that includes the so called "healthy" whole wheats, and that they really, really hold on to fat. Wheat has been altered to grow faster and thicker for greater harvest and it's not even close to wheat as it existed 200 years ago. Our digested systems haven't had time to adjust.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I eat wheat every day, that could be the problem. I will kick it! Lol way to many carbs anyways, I will let you know how it's working.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
larry,

Please do, I'd like to hear how it works!

charley

charley

Awards
You could look at 'anabolic diet'...on google or any other search engine.....the idea is to cut fat and keep your test levels high.....

FBB_Suzanne

FBB_Suzanne

Awards
I like a carb cycle for cutting. but my carbs never get super low i think the low days they were 150g. my high days were 500 cals more all carbs I did 3 low 1 high 2 low 1 high repeat the high days were my leg day and back day then every other sat had huge refeed - burger, fat free frozen yougrt with all the candy and goodies, poptarts, big box of mike n ikes during WO. Key for me was making sure the cals were right my high days were 1900 and low 1400 I weighed 140 when i started then 125 when i weighed in. Cardio was 60 min 6 days of stepmill. Lifted 6 days a week

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Thank you, been on low carb for 2 days under 100 and today is the 3rd and I am feeling it! I was shaking this morning! Going to bump it to 200 today then back down to under 100 tomorrow. Doing 45 to 60 minutes of HIIT training 6 days aweek.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I like a carb cycle for cutting. but my carbs never get super low i think the low days they were 150g. my high days were 500 cals more all carbs I did 3 low 1 high 2 low 1 high repeat the high days were my leg day and back day then every other sat had huge refeed - burger, fat free frozen yougrt with all the candy and goodies, poptarts, big box of mike n ikes during WO. Key for me was making sure the cals were right my high days were 1900 and low 1400 I weighed 140 when i started then 125 when i weighed in. Cardio was 60 min 6 days of stepmill. Lifted 6 days a week
Hi Sue,

Fantastic job on getting into shape. One of the best turnaround stories I've ever seen! Welcome to AM.

androsoft

androsoft

Awards
I eat wheat every day, that could be the problem. I will kick it! Lol way to many carbs anyways, I will let you know how it's working.
there was a study in bodybuilding.com that said wheat is bad for you because it has a higher glycemic index than regular starch. drop the wheat and eat white carbs. just be patient, train, monitor and adjust.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I am cutting wheat! Lol trying a low carb diet also two days low one day high

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
R-ALA is essential to cutting. If u have hard times cutting its the carbs holding u back... Glucose disposal agents ( R-ALA, Cinnamon, Chromium poly , etc ) is the key to being cutt. Well one of the main keys.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Get rid of wheat foods and get rid of monster milk rubbish

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I heard where muscle milk was bad but is monster milk bad too?

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
R-ALA is essential to cutting. If u have hard times cutting its the carbs holding u back... Glucose disposal agents ( R-ALA, Cinnamon, Chromium poly , etc ) is the key to being cutt. Well one of the main keys.
What is R-ALA? Or should I say is there a product that has that stack?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
What is R-ALA? Or should I say is there a product that has that stack?
R-ala is at nutraplanet. Is alpha lipoic acid with the biotin added in

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't know if I like a full body 3 times a week or a 3 day split...
These are the 2 routines I have been toying with as of late...
This:

Monday – Chest + Triceps

Flat Smith Bench Press – 3 x 15
Incline DB Press – 3 x 15
Pec Dec – 3 x 15

Tricep Pushdown – 3 x 15
Cable Kick Backs – 3 x 15
Dips – 3 x 15

Tuesday – OFF

Wednesday – OFF

Thursday – Back and Biceps

Wide Grip Pulldown: 3 x 15
Seated Low Row: 3 x 15
DB Row: 3 x 15

Seated DB Curl – 3 x 15
Strait Bar Cable Curl – 3 x 15
Preacher Curl – 3 x15

Friday – OFF

Saturday – OFF

Sunday – Legs and Shoulders

Seated Leg Extension – 3 x 15
Seated Leg Curl – 3 x 15
Standing Calf Raise – 3 x 15
Walking Lunges – 4 x 20

DB Press – 3 x 15
DB Side Raise – 3 x 15
DB Front Raise – 3 x 15
Shrugs – 3 x 10

And This Full Body 3 days a week:
Legs
• Leg Presses: 3 Sets x 12 Reps
• Leg Curls: 2 Sets x 12 Reps
• Standing Calf Raises: 2 Sets x 12 Reps

Chest/Shoulders
• Flat Barbell Bench Presses:
2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Barbell Shoulder Presses:
2 Sets x 10 Reps

Back
• Front Pulldowns: 2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Barbell Rows: 2 Sets x 10 Reps

Arms
• Barbell Curls:
2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Lying Tricep Extensions:
2 Sets x 10 Reps

other

• Ab Crunches: 2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Aerobic Training: 20 minutes of low
intensity aerobic

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
No my diet is clean, I don't drink sodas or beer. I did discover that my sugar in take was to high. So I know my diet needed some fine tuning dang protein shakes! Lol thanks for all of your input.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Full body workout? Can you even eat enough to support that?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Full body workout? Can you even eat enough to support that?
That's the problem I do it once a week.
It's e z once a week. Think it's made more for a hard gainer, that's why I've been sticking with my 2nd plan

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Yeah, I am doing good feeding one body part lol but I see your point to throw it in there to mix things up!

str8jacked23

str8jacked23

Awards
Cardio, cardio, cardio w/strict diet and a healthy dose of "clen".........

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Clen looks like some good stuff! I have the cardio part down lol