Test results

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I had a few tests done the other day.

PSA= 0.5
total test = 356
Free Test = 7.9

Got an appointment with the GP Friday. Would this qualify me for TRT? I've not been quite the animal the past year or two.

corvettels3

Awards
According to labcorp:
Testosterone Serum - Limits: 249-836
Free (Direct) - Limits: 8.7-25.1

You are low on your direct, so your physician should have no problem with TRT. Good luck..

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
According to labcorp:
Testosterone Serum - Limits: 249-836
Free (Direct) - Limits: 8.7-25.1

You are low on your direct, so your physician should have no problem with TRT. Good luck..
Most doctors are still very conservative when it comes to TRT. You generally have to be very close to 249 or under to qualify, BUT it depends on the doctor.

Fabulous, how old are you? Have you cycled in the past? Have you tested your estrogen levels?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Most doctors are still very conservative when it comes to TRT. You generally have to be very close to 249 or under to qualify, BUT it depends on the doctor.

Fabulous, how old are you? Have you cycled in the past? Have you tested your estrogen levels?
I'm 35 but will be 36 in November. No cycle of the real stuff. I used some of the epistane stuff years ago, like 3-5 years ago I guess? Took a few test boosters along the way but it always seemed like the ones with anti-estrogens in them would make my libido just tank big time. I also have some pubertal gyno but you can't really tell it. I'm heavily bearded but I hardly have any chest hair.

I had my hormones checked back in 2007 and they were basically the same. What i do remember was the fact that my DHEA levels were in the very bottom range but still normal. I think my total test at the time was like 386 but everything else was in the mid normal ranges.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you don't want to jump on trt you might want to try some magnesium oil. It's a transdermal and should increase dhea levels. Look to mike Mahler site if you are interested.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I'm 35 but will be 36 in November. No cycle of the real stuff. I used some of the epistane stuff years ago, like 3-5 years ago I guess? Took a few test boosters along the way but it always seemed like the ones with anti-estrogens in them would make my libido just tank big time. I also have some pubertal gyno but you can't really tell it. I'm heavily bearded but I hardly have any chest hair.

I had my hormones checked back in 2007 and they were basically the same. What i do remember was the fact that my DHEA levels were in the very bottom range but still normal. I think my total test at the time was like 386 but everything else was in the mid normal ranges.
Many of the natural anti estrogens just happen to also be anti androgen. Some of your issues suggest elevated estrogen levels, but could also be from low dhea. Have you tried supplementing DHEA to see what effects it has on you?
Most doctors don't test estrogen levels unless you shame them into it. Many of us have to test ourselves through LabCorp. Lowering estrogen IF you are high can elevate test.
Do you carry much fat especially around your abdomen?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Many of the natural anti estrogens just happen to also be anti androgen. Some of your issues suggest elevated estrogen levels, but could also be from low dhea. Have you tried supplementing DHEA to see what effects it has on you?
Most doctors don't test estrogen levels unless you shame them into it. Many of us have to test ourselves through LabCorp. Lowering estrogen IF you are high can elevate test.
Do you carry much fat especially around your abdomen?
Dragonrider,

No, don't carry alot around my waist. I'd say I'm around 13-15% bodyfat and my waist is pretty trim. Not ripped but I don't have any overhang at all. This videos is of me about 5 months ago or so at about 192-195lbs. I have since cut my weight down to 180lbs. You can see I don't have much of a gut at even 15lbs heavier than now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sambalifter#p/a/u/1/pBBI_2Pf78g

also at about 195-200lbs
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sambalifter#p/u/12/fFARjdojmx4

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sambalifter#p/u/12/fFARjdojmx4

I use the magnesium oil occasionally. I have not supplemented DHEA as I have always heard horror stories about it turning into more estrogen than test.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Update.

I had a choice of a once per month shot or Androgel. My doctor said she would rather start me on 4 pumps per day of Androgel for 2 months and then come back in and have my bloodwork done again. She said that she would do a more extensive bloodwork test this time around just to check if its not related to thyroid or something like that. So, I've been applying it since Friday. Can't say I have felt anything other than I am simply ravenous. I have not stopped eating since Saturday. Don't know ifs its placebo or something else going on but I am stinking hungry.

Its seems like alot folk don't like the Androgel. Do they not get any results from it or simply tire of putting it on? I rad on Dr. Chrisler's site and he says that he feels its the best form of TRT as it provides a stable natural input all day. I'm going to see what heppens over the next two months and hopefully the outcome is good.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Update.
Its seems like alot folk don't like the Androgel. Do they not get any results from it or simply tire of putting it on? I read on Dr. Crisler's site and he says that he feels its the best form of TRT as it provides a stable natural input all day. I'm going to see what heppens over the next two months and hopefully the outcome is good.
Whatever works for you is a perfect form of TRT. I would prefer it, just for the reasons you stated above if I absorbed it well, and that really is the biggest complaint SOME users have. Everyone it works for, sings its praises, but those who don't absorb it well and those who are just too lazy to mess with the daily dosing, complain about it.
It should take 3 to 4 maybe 5 weeks tops to see the full sexual benefits. Be patient and keep us updated on your success. Your success gives hope to the next man that gets prescribed Androgel when all of the naysayers start telling him he would be better off with injections.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Dragonrider,

I'll definitely keep you guys posted. I figured it would take around a month to a month in a half to really start feeling things seeing how low my levels were.

I'm sure there is plenty that don't absorb it well, but I'd guess, its most likely poor application for the most part. I soak in the tub for about 10 minutes and wash with one of those scrubbers to rough the skin up a bit all in hopes of opening my pores good and keeping the dead skin off. So, we'll give it a good run and see how it pans out.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Dragonrider,

Since I've started my appetite is out of control. I just got finished about an hour or so ago with 12oz of sirloin, 2 cups of couscous, 2 cups of steamed cabbabge, baked sweet potato fries, 1 apple, and 1 orange. I've still got that hungry feeling in my gut. I'm thinking of going and getting a cup of blueberries with 2 cups of cottage cheese right now!

What causes this? is it the androgens? It has to be something related because it just started Saturday after my second dose.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Dragonrider,
What causes this? is it the androgens? It has to be something related because it just started Saturday after my second dose.
I really don't know. I would suspect an up regulation in dopamine or thyroid function that may be making metabolic rate and digestion more efficient.
I would like to see Matrix weigh in on this one.

Eberly

Banned
Awards
I had a few tests done the other day.

PSA= 0.5
total test = 356
Free Test = 7.9

Got an appointment with the GP Friday. Would this qualify me for TRT? I've not been quite the animal the past year or two.
That test needs to go up...I saw an anti aging doc and he wanted mine at nearly 900 he said and prescribed me the goods.

Eberly

Banned
Awards
There are actually websites that you can send info to and they will have their doctors prescribe to you. I don't want to mention any names and be accused of advertising, but these are easy to search out.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
yeah but do these websites and doctors take insurance?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
just wanted to update you guys. I went for my follow up check up today. I had more blood work done and found something very interesting that I had no clue of. To start, the Androgel has brought me up to 508 total and 15 free. My E2(sensitive panel) was low mid range along with my SHBG, can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

The big find today was that I am hypo-thyroidal. My TSH was something like 20, and my t3/t4 were below the minimums, whatever they were. The doctor prescribed some synthroid and I have to come back in 2 months.

She also moved me to weekly injections starting at 100mg. I am glad she did this because I am tired of having to dodge my kids hugs and wrestling around playing with them. Its just a slight hassle but I think I will prefer injections all the way around. Plus its only $10 per month vs. $40 for the gel.

Just wanted to give an update.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
one more thing. On just a "how I feel" note. My mood has changed the most. I am much more laid back and things don't bother me nearly like they used to. I am just more at ease. I enjoy that very much.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Fab,

here's the way it is according to my understanding about critical hormones for well-being and anti-aging and libido.

1) Insulin sensitivity
2)Thyroid
3)Test levels
4)HGH levels

This being the level of importance, although all are important.

Unfortunately for me even with test boosting I only reach in the mid-500's, or about 560. I'll have to take action in the near future.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
tuberman,

My Doctor said all other blood work came back perfect. I spoke with my mother last night, she was also diagnosed hypo-thyroidal, and my grandfather also. So this may be something inherited but I am not sure.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Fab,

Synthroid is a T4 hormone. It seems to be helping you, but if it stops helping you may need a T3 which does most of the work for the body. The body is supposed to convert T4 to T3 easily but it does not in something like 40% of the hypothyroid patients. Docs don't like to script T3, but the synthetic versions are easy to find online. NTBM has a synthetic T3 for example.

BTW, these typical MD blood tests have low standards, and often by the time it shows your hormone levels are borderline low, you are actually very low, and sometimes critically low.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Fab,

Synthroid is a T4 hormone. It seems to be helping you, but if it stops helping you may need a T3 which does most of the work for the body. The body is supposed to convert T4 to T3 easily but it does not in something like 40% of the hypothyroid patients. Docs don't like to script T3, but the synthetic versions are easy to find online. NTBM has a synthetic T3 for example.

BTW, these typical MD blood tests have low standards, and often by the time it shows your hormone levels are borderline low, you are actually very low, and sometimes critically low.
tuberman,
I agree, and I also think my Doctor does too. She told me that hypothyroid and low testosterone are two of the things most underdiagnosed and treated in all the patients she has received. She said if would get tested for the things it would make a world of difference in their lives. She said her husband is also on TRT, so she sees and knows the difference it can make.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Fab,

I considering buying some of that T-3 from NTBM and just taking one cap a day for a few weeks.

In a week I'm going to try for test boosters:
Fadogia Agretis (1.5 grams per day)
Long Jack 100 (150 mg)
Fengreek Extract (900 mg 50% actives)
a good Trib
Divanex (1.2 grams per day)

NTBM has this all in combination but they charge $73 per bottle for a 30 day run, so 2 bottles would cost $146 -- pretty steep. I already had 4 of these individual supplements just needed to buy some Fadogia Agretis to add at $30.
I'll do this for 8 weeks.

About a year and a half ago I had an outstanding feeling from this combination, but never tested for hormone levels. I'd guess my total test was over 600 though.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
tuberman,

I am just going to wait before I do any tinkering with my T3/T4. If the T4 doesn't seem to do the job after 2 months I'll ask her about the T3. From a personal stand point and financial, I can get 100mg of real testosterone per week for $10 for the month. I'll personally never buy another one of the Test boosting supplements.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Fab,

You have an understanding doctor which is a very good thing. My doc is a nice person, in her way, but she's not very knowledgeable. If I tested borderline or low she would almost for sure insist on trans dermal test, and at low doses. Unlikely that she would script injectable. My brother on the other hand has a doc that scripts him injectable test and real T-3 hormones. My brother for health reasons absolutely needs these, although he is 18 years younger than me, he's got an autoimmune disease, and these are necessary to prevent fast decline.

I intend in the near future to try Dermacrime or NTBM's RS-Transaderm at about 60% of full dose for 10 week runs to give me something close to transdermal test. I'll do some 4-5 week recovery after every 10 weeks to keep natural levels from sinking lower. The RS-Transaderm will run me less then $20 per month at these levels, and I won't need other additions except for an anti-E, as I believe the anti-E's that come with this product will not be quite strong enough for me.

I use my doc for blood tests and acute care when needed. She's clueless as to why my blood pressure is 110/72 and my blood tests come back in the healthy range for someone 15 years younger than me. She just shakes her head and says, "You're lucky!" She said that to me 5-6 times on the last couple of visits. I can tell she would like to ask, "What are you doing to get these result?" She can't, and assumes like most conventional docs that the patient is ignorant, and is incapable of doing anything for themselves without help.