31yrs old doc wants me on trt

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my test levels are 206...i dont take any supps except d3 10,000 day and multi-v adam..doc wants me to inject every 7 days..worried about the sides and if its worth the hassle. wants me on cyp..what ya guys think? will it bring my libido back? rasie blood pressure, cholesterol etc..thanks

C

chefdman

Awards
it will help for sure im Dr put me on as well. no blood pressure issues for me at all. i had blood pressure issues 2 yrs ago changed the way i eat and bam cut the meds. my dr gives me enathate 200 my test levels were at 120 and holdin wood wasnt an issue lol
my friend hes 40 his levels were 70 and hes on cyp 200

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it will help for sure im Dr put me on as well. no blood pressure issues for me at all. i had blood pressure issues 2 yrs ago changed the way i eat and bam cut the meds. my dr gives me enathate 200 my test levels were at 120 and holdin wood wasnt an issue lol
my friend hes 40 his levels were 70 and hes on cyp 200
Lol I have no Issues what so ever except libido and lack of energy

P

Power33

Awards
Have u had your other hormones checked---E2, LH, FSH,etc.??? I would try alternatives first;such as test boosters and making sure youve exhausted what is causing the low levels first!!! Mainly because once u start taking the Tcyp it will hault your natural testosterone, as well as dramatically affect your fertility!!! Also, once u start iits an ongoing process/lifetime. You also want to have your adrenal & thyroid checked because if there low or high this affects your energy levels and test also. Just make sure u check everything before u start this TRT because I would not wanna be taking exogenous test and having them in my system for 40-50 years unless it is absolutely necessary!!!

T

TKOA

Awards
Test cyp isn't something you can't stop after you start. Your body only takes about 2 to 3 weeks to start your own test production back again. You really should know what your talking about before you post!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my test levels are 206...i dont take any supps except d3 10,000 day and multi-v adam..doc wants me to inject every 7 days..worried about the sides and if its worth the hassle. wants me on cyp..what ya guys think? will it bring my libido back? rasie blood pressure, cholesterol etc..thanks
if that is a "natural" testosterone level of that, and you've never used any anabolics, then although making sure the doctor has looked at more is important, probably TRT of some sort makes sense. But tesosterone injections isn't the only mechanism of TRT, and some doctors may try a restart protocol that is meant to see if your natural production can be brought back to normal levels. Similarly if the issue that is causing low testosterone is low LH, it may be that just HCG shots rather than testosterone could bring you to normal levels.

Its definitely a more complex thought pattern if you plan to have children in the future particularly if you haven't had any yet. Its a tough risk to take. But there are a lot of health issues associated with low testosterone levels, and injections at normal replacement levels won't raise blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. It should bring your libido back, but it may not be the only cause of libido loss, so be prepared for it to not be 100%

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Test cyp isn't something you can't stop after you start. Your body only takes about 2 to 3 weeks to start your own test production back again. You really should know what your talking about before you post!
are you out of your mind?

2-3 weeks? Hell no. If you are on test for 6 months, you are not coming back in 2-3 weeks. Prolonged use leads to a much harder restart because of the leydig cell atrophy and lh suppression. Maybe you should do some research.

I short 8-10 weeks stint is another story all together...but TRT really isn't something you can just "try out" its a major decision and recovery is very terrible when coming off TRT.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
dont think twice, do it. You are 31, only issue will be fertility but if your doc keeps you on HCG, you should be able to jump start sperm production in the future with HMG.

Get your t levels up and you will feel alot better. 200's is extremely low. There are not many side effects besides the estrogen, which is easily controlled with arimidex.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I dunno man - 31 years old? I'd get a second opinion.

I mean a "restart" protocol is fine there but ...

If the Doc plans on putting you on Test for the rest of your life ...

At 31?

I mean, come on. I'd only go that route if I was bad off. I'm 49 - and I'm still holding out as long as I can. That's injections - or transdermal stuff - and it's side effects and it's for the rest of your life. Plus you get shutdown don't you? I mean - isn't it pretty much just burning the bridge that your HPTA will ever serve you again?

Don't get me wrong - if you truly have impossibly low test and it's impacting your quality of life - then I can see doing it. That's why I say I'd get a second opinion.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this is like my 3rd opinion..i went to the cleveland clinic and thats what they suggest..i had everything tested..hormones i didnt even know i had lol..low T for some reason...hit me a few years ago...been using nat..T-boosters just to feel better..been thinking long and hard about it..want my libido and energy back..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is like my 3rd opinion..i went to the cleveland clinic and thats what they suggest..i had everything tested..hormones i didnt even know i had lol..low T for some reason...hit me a few years ago...been using nat..T-boosters just to feel better..been thinking long and hard about it..want my libido and energy back..
Post that full bloodwork up. It will help give a better idea of where you are

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont think twice, do it. You are 31, only issue will be fertility but if your doc keeps you on HCG, you should be able to jump start sperm production in the future with HMG.

Get your t levels up and you will feel alot better. 200's is extremely low. There are not many side effects besides the estrogen, which is easily controlled with arimidex.
Yeah well his low t isn't from using multiple cycles of anabolics starting at 18, so his scenario is a lot different than yours.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Post that full bloodwork up. It will help give a better idea of where you are
monday im suppose to go to the clinic..ill get a print out of everything and post..See what they think about HCG to help maybe just start things again..dont wanna be dependent on test if i dont have to..

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I dunno man - 31 years old? I'd get a second opinion.

I mean a "restart" protocol is fine there but ...

If the Doc plans on putting you on Test for the rest of your life ...

At 31?

I mean, come on. I'd only go that route if I was bad off. I'm 49 - and I'm still holding out as long as I can. That's injections - or transdermal stuff - and it's side effects and it's for the rest of your life. Plus you get shutdown don't you? I mean - isn't it pretty much just burning the bridge that your HPTA will ever serve you again?

Don't get me wrong - if you truly have impossibly low test and it's impacting your quality of life - then I can see doing it. That's why I say I'd get a second opinion.
levels below 300, are clinically far below the normal range. Levels drop around 100/dl on average per decade...someone in their 60's should average in the 400's.

The benefit to side effect ratio of HRT when someone is in need is much greater. HRT will provide better cholestrol levels, better muscle mass, better insulin response, better cognitive function, better dopamine levels, better mood, sex drive, quality of life, sleep, tons and tons of benefits. Only side effect is estrogen/dht..which are both managebale considering HRT only puts you up to natural high end.

Im 22 and I'm on HRT and I will never look back, ever. Even if i had to do a shot once a day, its TOTALLY worth every bit of it.

I do agree with you that holding off is best for most people on the range, but low 200's is terrible..i would kill myself.

P

Power33

Awards
It depends on how long u take the Test cyp man!!! Ive talked with several individuals who tried to stop after they had been on it for a long time and it is very tough to do. If you only take it for 4-6 weeks maybe your body can restart in 3 weeks, but the fact is once youve had exogenous test in your system for awhile it shuts you down, and then it may require other drugs to help u get back to where u were!!! The bottom line is TRT is meant to be an ongoing process---it is not meant to be taken and then stopped!!! And I agree that u can stop, but u better be prepared for a good crash!

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im 22 and I'm on HRT and I will never look back, ever. Even if i had to do a shot once a day, its TOTALLY worth every bit of it.
22 And on HRT:yikes: How the hell does that happen??

T

ttrain74

Awards
All these comments about fertility. Tell that to my two friends that both knocked up their girls while on up to 2 grams of various anabolics and testosterone for years. My gonads are bigger and discharge more volume while on test...so those comments are not valid.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
got a shot today. testosterone depo..200...every two weeks..what should i expect from this in terms of sides pro and neg?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you should expect to feel good for the next week, then like crap again next week.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you should expect to feel good for the next week, then like crap again next week.
thats good to know...im gonna see if they will give me hcg..endo docs around here are not very good

LyingSac

LyingSac

Awards
got a shot today. testosterone depo..200...every two weeks..what should i expect from this in terms of sides pro and neg?
in 4 weeks you will feel great...i'm off a shopping list of prescription meds thanks to TRT...low test has a cascading effect on the human body...you'll love it..

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in 4 weeks you will feel great...i'm off a shopping list of prescription meds thanks to TRT...low test has a cascading effect on the human body...you'll love it..
Have you had many neg sides?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
What negative side effects do you believe can occur from raising your testosterone to normal levels???

That protocol is 10 year old medicine. Every doctor who is keeping up on TRT knows more frequent injections are required to preven the roller coaster effect.
100mg once a week or 50mg twice a week would be far superior to keep levels stable than biweekly injections.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What negative side effects do you believe can occur from raising your testosterone to normal levels???

That protocol is 10 year old medicine. Every doctor who is keeping up on TRT knows more frequent injections are required to preven the roller coaster effect.
100mg once a week or 50mg twice a week would be far superior to keep levels stable than biweekly injections.
have to see if they will do that instead..im worried about the up and downs

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
All these comments about fertility. Tell that to my two friends that both knocked up their girls while on up to 2 grams of various anabolics and testosterone for years. My gonads are bigger and discharge more volume while on test...so those comments are not valid.
with hcg it's like your not even suppressed

LyingSac

LyingSac

Awards
a little bloat after every injection....totally gone in 3 to 4 days...it leveled the playing field for me....I was busting my ass to make minumal gains...I knew something was wrong...ran into a doc at the gym who took my test (220)...and prescribed Cyp....In my case it's worked wonders....good luck man...

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a little bloat after every injection....totally gone in 3 to 4 days...it leveled the playing field for me....I was busting my ass to make minumal gains...I knew something was wrong...ran into a doc at the gym who took my test (220)...and prescribed Cyp....In my case it's worked wonders....good luck man...
thanks..so far no sides but i have only had one injection