Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Older guy thinking of prohormones ...

Hi, I'm 42 and been hitting the weights hard for nearly three years after stopping for a couple (shoulder and elbow issues) Have perhaps 7 or so years weight lifting behind me. I'm a roid and PH virgin and have been thinking about some mild to moderate strength PH for cutting and strength gain. Muscle mass gain is not a priority, but I won't shrug it off.

Considering the Ortasan-A/Furazan or 11-OXO types, likely solo towards the higher end of dosages for max effect. Not too keen on stacking just yet as I prefer to avoid Methyls right now for a first time run. Though I'm open to what makes sense. I've read tons of FAQs and articles the last two weeks, I'm aware of cycle support and PCT.

Usual supps include Creatine, lots of BCAAs: 8:1:1, Beta Alanine and a host of Stims I try here and there: ECA, straight Caff, MRM Driven, White Flood, and currently Jack3D. Not all in a stack of course. Fish oils, vits and mins.

In the gym five days a week - 75-90 mins, usually combination of mainly compound movements and finishing with 15-25 mins of cardio- steady and Hiit. I prefer lifting heavy, but not too much to risk form or further injury. I really would like to break some plateaus, so strength gain would be great.

Nutrition is about 98% clean and controlled, except for the occasional slice of pizza. Typically keep cals to around 2400-2500. I could go lower, but I don't want to lose the muscle I got the last few years nor slow down my metabolism.

In a similar situation, would you consider a PH or two to cut better, by lowering cals further and hopefully holding onto the muscles or just avoid them, perhaps for now till I get my BF% lower, which I do have a lot to lose - currently around 22-24%.

Feedback would be Awesome!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

Pro-hormones are not worth the trouble at your age. You risk shutting down your normal HPTA functioning if you're not careful. PCT sucks and the reduced libido keeps me from doing any more PHs. My GF hates PCT time.

However, Epistane would be a good one to start with.

Make sure you're doing everything else right, which it looks like you are.
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ctay View Post
    In a similar situation, would you consider a PH or two to cut better, by lowering cals further and hopefully holding onto the muscles or just avoid them, perhaps for now till I get my BF% lower, which I do have a lot to lose - currently around 22-24%.

Feedback would be Awesome!
    add cardio, clip calories a litte. get bodyfat down to the 15ish range before bothering with the prohormones.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Both good responses and what I'm looking for, thanks. If I were going PH it would be rather conservative to see how the body handles it. PCT would be Nolva, rather than something OTC. Doing plenty of cardio, which I hate BTW, forgot to mention my 4x week morning runs. Just want to make sure I dont eat up the muscle I have. Took a couple years to pack on, but the fat came on with it, so cutting worries me of the opposite effect of eating muscle with the fat. Anyway ... perhaps I'll just stick to ECAs early morning, Jack3d/White Flood midday pre-workout and wait till later in the year.

Anyone is free to pop in and change my mind though ... haha.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'm 61 and I still run some the milder ph's from time to time. If the proper precautions are taken libido and shut down are not real problems.

P.S. I would avoid Epi at your age. Epi targets AR beta receptors which have an antiprolific effect on the prostate. You actually want to target AR alpha receptors. These are the ones that cause the prostate to grow.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

You could always use some Clen, as it's anti-catabolic and slightly anabolic.
    You will workout harder and get stronger too.

Too much cardio, like anything is bad.
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

If I were going PH it would be rather conservative to see how the body handles it. PCT would be Nolva, rather than something OTC.
    honestly, I've never thought this approach made sense. Do a cycle that will actually reach your goal, instead of dipping your feet in. Because if you just test the waters, that guarantees you'll do another cycle if it doesn't all go to hell. Whereas if you have a reasonable goal a single cycle could hit, then you may as well take whatever would help you reach it. Also, outside of the legality issue, a plain testosterone cycle is likely a smarter move particularly being on the older side.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I'm 61 and I still run some the milder ph's from time to time. If the proper precautions are taken libido and shut down are not real problems.
    I have run them too, and I like Epi. But still always felt like crap in PCT.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    honestly, I've never thought this approach made sense. Do a cycle that will actually reach your goal, instead of dipping your feet in.
    Totally get your point. No sense doing it if the end result (or goal) is minimal. Can't learn to swim in shallow waters.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    You could always use some Clen, as it's anti-catabolic and slightly anabolic.
    You will workout harder and get stronger too.

Too much cardio, like anything is bad.
    Now Clen is interesting and could be something to either cycle or alternate with my ECA, but I read some years ago it was linked to enlarging the heart or damaging valves. Need to do some more reading ...
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    P.S. I would avoid Epi at your age. Epi targets AR beta receptors which have an antiprolific effect on the prostate. You actually want to target AR alpha receptors. These are the ones that cause the prostate to grow.
    Out of curiosity, is this PH Classification I found the same you are referring to:

Class I = binds to androgen receptor
    Class II = does not

Class I

Boldenone based - 1,4AD & Bold
    Progestin based - (similar to trenbolone) - Trenadrol & Trenaplex
    Dienolone based - (again similar to tren) - Mdien
    Mepitiostane (Thioderon) based - Epistane & Clones (like Havoc & so on so forth)
    Desoxymethyltestosterone/DMT (Madol) based phs - Pheraplex & clones
    Testosterone
    DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) based phs - M5AA

Class II (healthier for the prostate?)

Masteron (Dromostanolone) based - Superdrol & Clones
    Oral Turinabol (Dehydrochlormethyltestosteron e) based - Halodrol & Clones
    Dianabol (methandrostenolone) based - M1,4ADD, M1T, 1-T, Methyl XT
    Winstrol (stanozolol) based - Winztrol, Orastan-A, Furaguno, etc
    Furazabol (miotolan) based - Furazadrol etc
    Progesterone based - Revolt, Propadrol, Max LMG
    Clostebol based - Chlorodrol, Oxyguno
    4-AD
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.77%

good info here guys thanks
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%

I'm 45 and have dabbled in what's out there. Why avoid methyls? IMO liver issues are overblown at reasonable dosages, and besides, non- methyls still adversely affect lipids and BP (which are the REAL concerns at our age). Superdrol and it's clones are still the best bang for the buck as long as your cycles are short and you don't chase the "more is better" dosing philosophy. Read Unreal machines Superdrol post on this site and go for a four week, 10-20mg ride!!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Will likely look into a Orastan-A (Katanadrol 2.0?) stacked with Tren, Epi, Sdrol or Hdrol. Ora on the higher end, Methyls on the lower to mid dose, perhaps. Need to get everything in order and will likely start in mid to late April.

Like to get down another pant size or two before going the PH route. Not sure if doing PH now is a great idea and may only add to the stockiness I'm actually trying to drop. It's more of the cutting aspect I was looking for, but as several have pointed out, that's not the best goal for doing PH.

For now, I've got a friend who brought me some Isa-Test and Erase to stack. Appears to have worked decent for him adding strength and supporting his cut. I'll try that through March alongside my ECA and Jack3d and re-evaluate from there.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.21%

I'm 49 but I do not feel old at all.

There's a few options you might consider ...

1. Ostarine - Not a steroid, not a pro-hormone. I'm on it now (fifth week) and I have to say, after I boosted the dosage up to around 35mgs a day ... it's working awesomely. Man, I am getting larger and fighting to keep my weight down now because I'm just trying to recomp here. Strength is way up. I don't feel shutdown at all - my libido is still the raging brush fire of barbarian sweat and agression that it's always been! I will run this compound again many times in the future - ZERO SIDES so far. One caution though - it's still a new compound so who knows what unseen things it can be doing. Whatever - I've lived a long and bombastic life so I'm living it up at this point!

2. Epistane - Yeah sure - it'll shut you down over the long haul ... so don't do a cycle for longer than 4 weeks. I noticed results immediately with this stuff - first day I used it ... it was AWESOME!! I only did a short two-week cycle, was not shutdown in the least at the end of it - and gained about 7 pounds if I recall correctly - and even got a bit leaner.

3. Androhard - isn't it a pro-hormone? Well, it converts to DHT in the body but many describe it as very mild and it's non-methylated.

At my age - I focus on compounds that I can run for short periods of time that will either have no impact on my libido (like Ostarine) or actually enhance it (like Epistane and, from what I've heard - Androhard). I don't stay on cycle too long - any shrinkage of my love spuds is totally unacceptable. I'm not worried about having kids but I DO LOVE SEX and like to have it often.

Also - for PCT consider Torem - it doesn't kill my libido and just feels great to run. I almost consider running it "stand alone" - it will increase testosterone. Great stuff and makes easy PCT.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

Quote Originally Posted by HondaV65 View Post
    I'm 49 but I do not feel old at all.
    Ostarine sounds interesting. I am going to have to look into that.

I feel a boost from 10mg of Epi on the very first dose. Never considered running it for just two weeks.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Thanks. Epi is on my short list. I was actually thinking of a 3-4 week cycle versus anything more. Seems like many PHs take a few weeks to start showing results, hence the 6-8 week cycles. If Epi starts quick, a nice 3 or so weeks should do the trick. I read Toremifene may be better than Nolva, but Nolva is the gold standard. Worth more reading. Can't find too much about Ostarine, particularly availability, but I just starting looking. Lots of good stuff to consider ...
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.21%

Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Ostarine sounds interesting. I am going to have to look into that.

I feel a boost from 10mg of Epi on the very first dose. Never considered running it for just two weeks.
    My first dose of Epi was on my "squat and deadlift" day. It was absolutely awesome - and only 10mg.

I've considered the possibility of "pulsing" Epi ... ONE DAY PER WEEK (Squat Day) ... LOL

That's my hardest day - I need the strength to be there - and the focus to be there too because at my age ... one false move with a squat and I'd be on the ground screaming ... "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!!"
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

I've considered the possibility of "pulsing" Epi ... ONE DAY PER WEEK (Squat Day) ... LOL
    I have done the same thing with SuperDrone. The longest I could take that was for a week before I felt so lethargic. Great strength gains, terrible laziness.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1%

I'm 41 and a virgin sticker i,m running test enth 500mg a week . Today will be week 2.5 not quite sure it,s hitting me yet but next week i should be in full effect.Omg tho the pain after stick is really bad on day 2 and 3 after stick..
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.72%

Quote Originally Posted by mr eddy View Post
    I'm 41 and a virgin sticker i,m running test enth 500mg a week . Today will be week 2.5 not quite sure it,s hitting me yet but next week i should be in full effect.Omg tho the pain after stick is really bad on day 2 and 3 after stick..
    ah the beauty of script test. never ever the slightest discomfort post inj
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.03%

At your age, i'd recommend a GHRP-6 (growth hormone releasing peptide) and CJC-1295 (growth hormone releasing hormone) cycle.

It's MUCH cheaper than HGH, and more effective. GHRP & GHRH are synergistic (think 2+2 = 10) and utilizes your body's natural GH, where HGH you're just shooting exogenous GH.

You'd see a ton of benefits from this. Better sleep, anti-aging properties, better joints, etc.

The more I read about GHRP & GHRH cycles - the more I think everyone should be on them....I have yet to see a downside. And there are much less side effects from GH than steroids (and the side effects from GH takes YEARS to develop - IE gh gut) and you don't need a PCT.

That being said you can use GHRP & GHRH while on a cycle of PH/AAS as well as carry it into PCT to help solidify and potentially increase gains.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    At your age, i'd recommend a GHRP-6 (growth hormone releasing peptide) and CJC-1295 (growth hormone releasing hormone) .
    Seems most popular with the life extension folks. Think the issue with me lies in the availability and delivery, not a needle kinda guy. Also, it seems most folks using also run it along side PHs or other gear. Seems like alot of stuff going on. Likely beyond what I want to invest in at this time, perhaps in a few years.

Now, the SARMs look a bit interesting, particularly S-4 and Osta. I'm taking all the info into consideration and wont directly dismiss anything, just need to plan things out right and make sure I got all the right support on the ready.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

Now, the SARMs look a bit interesting, particularly S-4 and Osta.
    I am going to place on an order for some Ostarine.

I too, am not a needle kind of guy, as in my early childhood, I was getting way too many of them stuck in me. Then back in the mid 80s, on my one and only AAS cycle I developed an abscess in my glute from one of the shots I gave to myself. We didn't know anything about PCT back then and my experience after stopping the cycle was nothing short of disastrous.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.03%

Seems most popular with the life extension folks. Think the issue with me lies in the availability and delivery, not a needle kinda guy. Also, it seems most folks using also run it along side PHs or other gear. Seems like alot of stuff going on. Likely beyond what I want to invest in at this time, perhaps in a few years.

Now, the SARMs look a bit interesting, particularly S-4 and Osta. I'm taking all the info into consideration and wont directly dismiss anything, just need to plan things out right and make sure I got all the right support on the ready.
    you can get 2-3 months worth for less than $200 and is easily available online and is not illegal/regulated by the FDA. And you do use a needle...but it's an insulin needle and a sub-q injection...not IM. You can definitely run it solo and still see some nice benefits from it.

and definitely look into osta. got two bottles....50mg/ml @ 15ml per bottle for 100.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.21%

LOL ... I'd have no problem doing "needles" but there's not a chance in hell I'd be able to hide that from little Mrs. Honda. Orals are one thing ... but most people not associated with this lifestyle look at needles as hard core drug abuse.

I'm sure she'd freak out.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

I have found that 4 me the DHT compounds actually enhance my libido.BUT if u worry about hairline guys shy away from these but i have run them at least half a dozen times with no issues
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

LOL ... I'd have no problem doing "needles" but there's not a chance in hell I'd be able to hide that from little Mrs. Honda.
    Yep, have no desire to explain why I have insulin needles delivered to the house, being that she tends to open all the nice packages. Tabs can be explained away, but ampules and syringes is just asking for a world of hurt. Don't care to get calls from family and "people who care" worried about me, because no matter what I say, it will spread like the plague.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

Quote Originally Posted by bigbumpkin View Post
    I have found that 4 me the DHT compounds actually enhance my libido.BUT if u worry about hairline guys shy away from these but i have run them at least half a dozen times with no issues
    Which compounds are you referring to?

No hairline issues here, as I don't have one. I have a tough time keeping up with my g/f, so libido is very important.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

I took dplex and was a horny ass by end of second week and had baseball bat between my legs lol
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

Quote Originally Posted by bigbumpkin View Post
    I took dplex and was a horny ass by end of second week and had baseball bat between my legs lol
    Androhard will do that to you as well, and I saw zero shedding while using.

To OP, Epi is a methylated PH/DS, but is usefull for cutting and recomping, but I just thought id mention it. Have you seen any of the write-ups for our Androseries? I think Androlean or Androhard would be exactly what your looking for. Check it out if you havent already-
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  32. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%

LOL ... I'd have no problem doing "needles" but there's not a chance in hell I'd be able to hide that from little Mrs. Honda. Orals are one thing ... but most people not associated with this lifestyle look at needles as hard core drug abuse.

Get a blood test, be found to have low testosterone. Work with one of the crazy anti-aging clinics that will prescribe 300 mg a week or more of testosterone. She can't complain if its prescription.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.12%

You talking about script meds or nonscript meds? Nonscript I'd understand the freaking out. I'm on script test. If my current med doesn't do the job, I told my wife I'd go to inj. She said she'd have no problem pinning me. I wonder if she'd make the pin payback time for anytime I ever pissed her off...
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

I would stay away form Epi. It targets ER beta receptors which have an anti-prolific effect on the prostate. Blocking ER beta is not what use older guys want. I have plenty of research to support this.

I would also stay away from AndroHard. It is basically DHT. There is a lot of research showing that DHT is bad for the prostate, especially in older folks.

If you want something mild and non-methyl try 11 Spray.

The body wears out over time. Us older guys can still produce qualitymuscle we just need to be more cautious then our younger counter parts.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

I think our Andromass wich is really 1test and 4ad combined would something worth looking at, especially since its not liver harsh.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.68%

All of the negative press about drug abuse with steroids doesn't help. I had to educate my wife on the issue of my steroid use. First thing up was the liver toxic issue, the press really worked this angle. She has no problem with it as long as I keep my " stuff " out of sight. Granted it was a little tense for a few weeks, She accepted my trt after she read the blood test results. I'm on week 3 of a 20 week cycle and she has no problem with it. Infact, she enjoys cooking and has been keeping me on a strict diet. She has a calendar to mark off the days until cycle ends then it's back to trt dose. At times I feel like I have a handler oh at least its working.....
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.93%

I had to sub in on this one as you guys are sharing some assume info and for a guy that just started HRT a little over a month ago I would like to know about everything that I can possibly learn. 49 with low test and Dr script for Androgel. It's working ok but I'm thinking of finding a endo as I'm just seeing the family Dr for my problems.
    I will research what Honda V65 had said earlier as I would like to maybe add something to the Adrogel to get more of a boost. Definitely would like to add considerable muscle but without the fat. Thanks Honda V65 for that info!
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.82%

Older guy should stick with osta, no shutdown.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

Hello, I'm quite new to forum. And old also (over 35)

I'm thinking about some mild cycle to raise my strength up. Some background: I'm ex quite heavy juicer, did plenty of testosterones etc for years and quitted at 2002. Was 8 years completely off from hormones and tested myself to find out that my test levels were low. I just wondered why my strength came down slowly but steady during those 8 natural years. So now i'm at test replacement therapy with nebido (8 weeks). During these 6 or 7 months my strength has skyrocketed up. About 120lbs on bench, 180lbs to deadlift and something like 150lbs to squat.

I assume, since i'm rest of my life on testosterone therapy. I just cannot shut down my test levels anymore whatever I do? I understand if i take epistane or some milder like err.. cynostane my levels go down when I quit, but I dont really quit since i use nebido which keeps my levels stable "natural level".. ? No need for pct.

Of course estrogen might become problem but my estrogen levels are evaluated also and estrogen is much easier to bring down than testosterone back up(normally)

I have already family and childs, so thats not problem here.

Sorry for long post, just my thoughts.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.82%

Quote Originally Posted by hookoo74 View Post
    Hello, I'm quite new to forum. And old also (over 35)

I'm thinking about some mild cycle to raise my strength up. Some background: I'm ex quite heavy juicer, did plenty of testosterones etc for years and quitted at 2002. Was 8 years completely off from hormones and tested myself to find out that my test levels were low. I just wondered why my strength came down slowly but steady during those 8 natural years. So now i'm at test replacement therapy with nebido (8 weeks). During these 6 or 7 months my strength has skyrocketed up. About 120lbs on bench, 180lbs to deadlift and something like 150lbs to squat.

I assume, since i'm rest of my life on testosterone therapy. I just cannot shut down my test levels anymore whatever I do? I understand if i take epistane or some milder like err.. cynostane my levels go down when I quit, but I dont really quit since i use nebido which keeps my levels stable "natural level".. ? No need for pct.

Of course estrogen might become problem but my estrogen levels are evaluated also and estrogen is much easier to bring down than testosterone back up(normally)

I have already family and childs, so thats not problem here.

Sorry for long post, just my thoughts.
    Give the Osta a shot brother.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH for an older guy?
    By gymrat827 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 01:31 AM
  2. Need Serious pct help for my older brother
    By NattyLiftr08 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
  3. Thinking about using prohormones