Can an old man get huge?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by C Dub805 View Post
    How is the "pulsing" working for you and what compounds do you pulse?
    Sorry - didn't notice the question until today. Pulsing works great for me. I like the slower gains, which I keep through PCT (which is strictly OTC for me). I pulse 3 times per week on workout days (M, W, F), and I stay on for at least 5 to 9 weeks depending on the compound. I have pulsed M-Drol, M1,4ADD, and D-Plex (clone of The One). I took the M-drol for 6 weeks, and the M1,4ADD was 6 weeks, with week 6 bridging to D-Plex for 3 more weeks to harden up a little. That was my last cycle, which covered 9 weeks total. I am not telling everyone to do this - this is just one of the cycles I tried using the pulsing method, and I had no sides whatsoever. Pulsing just feels less toxic to me, and I do not feel any different than when I took a straight cycle of Epistane. When I pulsed the M-Drol, I did have some minor back pumps and lethargy as is typical for that compound. I personally would never take M-Drol straight, but that is just me. I don't make recommendations, but I also don't mind sharing what works for me. I will start a P-Mag pulse tomorrow.
    •   

2. 35? 40? Sheeit that ain't old. I'm 50, 6' 242, 10%BF, I bench close to 500 lbs and there are 20 some year old kids who stand in awe of me at the gym. Old? Says who?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    35? 40? Sheeit that ain't old. I'm 50, 6' 242, 10%BF, I bench close to 500 lbs and there are 20 some year old kids who stand in awe of me at the gym. Old? Says who?
    43 and bench is up from 350 this year to 430

My PR from last year was 375 backed off to 350 on a cut now its full steam ahead,

Going for the big one
    Eat clean, piss dirty

4. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    35? 40? Sheeit that ain't old. I'm 50, 6' 242, 10%BF, I bench close to 500 lbs and there are 20 some year old kids who stand in awe of me at the gym. Old? Says who?
    as much as i admire that anyone can lift lots of weight, to me it isnt just about lifting weights. I see guys in my gym pot bellied , no muscle tone that can lift but what they lack is muscle tone.

Anyone can get huge , just eat fast food 24/7 ;all the things you shouldnt eat ; but once that t-shirt comes off youd think the guy never saw a gym.

So going back to the original title, i personally think it would be better if the question was asked , can an older guy put on muscle ?

To look good you dont have to be huge, a tighter neater toned physique in my book is much better

5. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    as much as i admire that anyone can lift lots of weight, to me it isnt just about lifting weights. I see guys in my gym pot bellied , no muscle tone that can lift but what they lack is muscle tone.

Anyone can get huge , just eat fast food 24/7 ;all the things you shouldnt eat ; but once that t-shirt comes off youd think the guy never saw a gym.

So going back to the original title, i personally think it would be better if the question was asked , can an older guy put on muscle ?

To look good you dont have to be huge, a tighter neater toned physique in my book is much better
    Are you not looking at our pictures we have posted

and Roadrash as stated is 10%BF @ 242lb thats huge in my book and f@cking impressive damn strong too and im right behind him at 43
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  6. purebred

This question is parallel to the ones asked by the younger teens who are "hard-gainers". I have no intention of belittling the OP or coming off in a condescending manner though.

To me it just struck me as the same difference. Anything is possible and every situation is unique. As long as certain needs and requirements are met and tweaks and modifications are made in conjunction with the addition of consistency it is completely and undoubtedly achievable. Age ain't nothin' but a numba!

7. Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.

Now if you think that my BF% I've got a big gut you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post

8. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.

^^^^^^^^^^

That, well said

9. One thing that we have to make clear is, if you take drugs you can get huge no doubt. I am sure if I went that route I would be much bigger making me quite massive.

Without the drugs it's still possible to get very big, probably quite a bit more difficult though and less margin for error I would assume.
    •   

10. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.

i effing well know it wasnt the original question . anyone can get huge whether training or not Isnt there more obese people in the USA than in any other country-if your obese your huge .
    The word huge need clarifying . What are we talking about here, huge with a highpercentage of bf or huge with low bf and muscle . IMO the road to acheiving those goals is totally different for each one.

As for you having a big gut-theres a saying over here and you might be aware of it too , "if the cap fits wear it"

11. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    i effing well know it wasnt the original question . anyone can get huge whether training or not Isnt there more obese people in the USA than in any other country-if your obese your huge .
    The word huge need clarifying . What are we talking about here, huge with a highpercentage of bf or huge with low bf and muscle . IMO the road to acheiving those goals is totally different for each one.

As for you having a big gut-theres a saying over here and you might be aware of it too , "if the cap fits wear it"
    i Dont think it needed clarifying at all, perfectly clear,

You do realize this is a bodybuilding forum? Not the "Biggest Looser"

Not a single person here thought the OP was asking "can an old man get fat"

Please correct me if anyone here was confused,

Lame comeback IMO

Eat clean, piss dirty
  12. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Who are you directing your post at and in what post on this thread is anyone rewording the OP's question?

13. I will put this to the test after a challenge at my old gym. I went to visit and walked in on the younger guy vs older guy conversation at the gym. The manager moved us off the main floor, and we were having a good give and take on exercise issues. I had the floor and was talking about lifting a little wiser and smarter to protect against injurys, when someone in the back of the room challenged me to shut up or put up. The manager set the rules, both 5'8", I'm 30+yrs senior, In 45 days or less we start, we will have a weigh in, stats and bf done by staff. In the weigh in we are allowed before and after pics.( no cameras allowed in gym) time allowed 90 days, weight 181 plus, lowest bf and stat improvement. We are both the same size so this will be fun. He claims that he will weigh in at 215 lean and mean, maybe 220. A( he is cruising, waiting to pre-load orals before we hit it) B ( His friend said his s**t isn't here yet ! ) C ( I thought this was about gaining mass and size as we get older? I guess now, I get to prove my point) I will be 191 lean at weigh in, if I miss target, I will still be over 181 lean challenge, hell I might post the log just for the fun of of it, when the avatar appears game on.

14. Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I will put this to the test after a challenge at my old gym. I went to visit and walked in on the younger guy vs older guy conversation at the gym. The manager moved us off the main floor, and we were having a good give and take on exercise issues. I had the floor and was talking about lifting a little wiser and smarter to protect against injurys, when someone in the back of the room challenged me to shut up or put up. The manager set the rules, both 5'8", I'm 30+yrs senior, In 45 days or less we start, we will have a weigh in, stats and bf done by staff. In the weigh in we are allowed before and after pics.( no cameras allowed in gym) time allowed 90 days, weight 181 plus, lowest bf and stat improvement. We are both the same size so this will be fun. He claims that he will weigh in at 215 lean and mean, maybe 220. A( he is cruising, waiting to pre-load orals before we hit it) B ( His friend said his s**t isn't here yet ! ) C ( I thought this was about gaining mass and size as we get older? I guess now, I get to prove my point) I will be 191 lean at weigh in, if I miss target, I will still be over 181 lean challenge, hell I might post the log just for the fun of of it, when the avatar appears game on.
    subbed
    Eat clean, piss dirty

15. Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I will put this to the test after a challenge at my old gym. I went to visit and walked in on the younger guy vs older guy conversation at the gym. The manager moved us off the main floor, and we were having a good give and take on exercise issues. I had the floor and was talking about lifting a little wiser and smarter to protect against injurys, when someone in the back of the room challenged me to shut up or put up. The manager set the rules, both 5'8", I'm 30+yrs senior, In 45 days or less we start, we will have a weigh in, stats and bf done by staff. In the weigh in we are allowed before and after pics.( no cameras allowed in gym) time allowed 90 days, weight 181 plus, lowest bf and stat improvement. We are both the same size so this will be fun. He claims that he will weigh in at 215 lean and mean, maybe 220. A( he is cruising, waiting to pre-load orals before we hit it) B ( His friend said his s**t isn't here yet ! ) C ( I thought this was about gaining mass and size as we get older? I guess now, I get to prove my point) I will be 191 lean at weigh in, if I miss target, I will still be over 181 lean challenge, hell I might post the log just for the fun of of it, when the avatar appears game on.
    oh yah I would love to follow that...

16. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post

Personal Goals-

Luckily, all of ours are not the same.

17. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post

At a little less than 10% BF, I don't see how I could be sporting a large gut. I think most people in a body building forum would correctly assume that huge means muscle size, but there is,always someone who can't think abstractly and has to take everything spelled out.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    At a little less than 10% BF, I don't see how I could be sporting a large gut. I think most people in a body building forum would correctly assume that huge means muscle size, but there is,always someone who can't think abstractly and has to take everything spelled out.
    yea... We all thought the OP was saying "Can an old man get obese"

thx for clarifying
    Eat clean, piss dirty

19. Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    yea... We all thought the OP was saying "Can an old man get obese"

thx for clarifying
    Oh.. in that case .. no problem!!!

20. Hell even an old man like me suffering from Oldfartsheimer's understood the question. I'ld only tell the OP that I restarted my lifting back in 2001 @ 149 lbs and even now after cutting down 18 lbs in the last 3 months I still hit 200. And I still lift very, very heavy for my age. Funny thing is the more I cut the stronger I look but the harder I have to worik at the same weights. For this October's B-day instead of doing one of my max lift videos I hope to look decent enough to do some pics. It's a real kick to be closing in on 69 and have guys joke about wanting to hire you as a bodyguard. I guess old guys can at least look huge LOL!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Hell even an old man like me suffering from Oldfartsheimer's understood the question. I'ld only tell the OP that I restarted my lifting back in 2001 @ 149 lbs and even now after cutting down 18 lbs in the last 3 months I still hit 200. And I still lift very, very heavy for my age. Funny thing is the more I cut the stronger I look but the harder I have to worik at the same weights. For this October's B-day instead of doing one of my max lift videos I hope to look decent enough to do some pics. It's a real kick to be closing in on 69 and have guys joke about wanting to hire you as a bodyguard. I guess old guys can at least look huge LOL!
    Nice

We would love to see a pic

Ill show you mine if you show me yours (no homo)
    Eat clean, piss dirty

22. Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    Nice

We would love to see a pic

Ill show you mine if you show me yours (no homo)
    While I am not huge, it's still possible to maintain muscle mass and be in shape.

This was taken on my 52nd birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

23. look pretty Damn big to me mate

excellent job sir

24. Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    While I am not huge, it's still possible to maintain muscle mass and be in shape.

This was taken on my 52nd birthday.
    You look awesome - I assume that this was for a competition.

25. Quote Originally Posted by MEPSE View Post
    You look awesome - I assume that this was for a competition.
    Thanks. No competition, but I plan on it in the future. Was trying to see if I could get in the shape needed to step on stage.

26. Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Thanks. No competition, but I plan on it in the future. Was trying to see if I could get in the shape needed to step on stage.
    You look fantastic Mac, the only thing is you would have to compete in untested shows where even the old fuggers like us are fuggin Monsters!! I think if I ever went that route I would use real gear, keeping it safe mind you. I have been researching for about a month now and after one more Natural show next year, I will decide what I will do. That's the problem with going with designers, I don't think they get you big enough to compete in untested shows and once you use them you shouldn't compete in tested so they're not so useful.

Another key consideration is how much gear to use to be competitive in untested shows, if it gets to crazy I am out. Then it would be TRT dosing for me I guess, or just stay Natural.

Anywho all decisions not lightly made that's why it will take me a year to make, which gives me lots of time for research .

27. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You look fantastic Mac, the only thing is you would have to compete in untested shows where even the old fuggers like us are fuggin Monsters!! I think if I ever went that route I would use real gear, keeping it safe mind you. I have been researching for about a month now and after one more Natural show next year, I will decide what I will do. That's the problem with going with designers, I don't think they get you big enough to compete in untested shows and once you use them you shouldn't compete in tested so they're not so useful.

Another key consideration is how much gear to use to be competitive in untested shows, if it gets to crazy I am out. Then it would be TRT dosing for me I guess, or just stay Natural.

Anywho all decisions not lightly made that's why it will take me a year to make, which gives me lots of time for research .
    Thanks DW

I won't be using any gear, maybe some Epi again, but no AAS needles for me. I don't want to have to be on TRT anytime soon and messing with gear could put an end to my good HPTA.

I can't go into any natural shows because of doing 3 Epi cycles in the last two years and I don't want to have to try and cheat the system to compete in a natural show.

My goal is to compete in the NPC Masters as a lightweight where there won't be too many huge gear laden competitors. I qualify to compete in that show only from being in 4 NPC shows in the late 80s.

28. Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Thanks DW

I won't be using any gear, maybe some Epi again, but no AAS needles for me. I don't want to have to be on TRT anytime soon and messing with gear could put an end to my good HPTA.

I can't go into any natural shows because of doing 3 Epi cycles in the last two years and I don't want to have to try and cheat the system to compete in a natural show.

My goal is to compete in the NPC Masters as a lightweight where there won't be too many huge gear laden competitors. I qualify to compete in that show only from being in 4 NPC shows in the late 80s.
    Yah if the masters has a weight class spit up, I never thought of that. I'll have to check that out. Do these comps have grandmasters cuz masters starting at 40 is just not right IMO cuz a lot of people are peaking around then nowadays. 45 would be better.

29. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah if the masters has a weight class spit up, I never thought of that. I'll have to check that out. Do these comps have grandmasters cuz masters starting at 40 is just not right IMO cuz a lot of people are peaking around then nowadays. 45 would be better.
    Yes, 40, 50, 60, 70+ with weight classes.

See http://www.garyudit.com/

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:48 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 12:28 PM