Can an old man get huge?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Dutchman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    73
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    523
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    48%

    Hell even an old man like me suffering from Oldfartsheimer's understood the question. I'ld only tell the OP that I restarted my lifting back in 2001 @ 149 lbs and even now after cutting down 18 lbs in the last 3 months I still hit 200. And I still lift very, very heavy for my age. Funny thing is the more I cut the stronger I look but the harder I have to worik at the same weights. For this October's B-day instead of doing one of my max lift videos I hope to look decent enough to do some pics. It's a real kick to be closing in on 69 and have guys joke about wanting to hire you as a bodyguard. I guess old guys can at least look huge LOL!

  2. Professional Member
    edwitt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    2258
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    61.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Hell even an old man like me suffering from Oldfartsheimer's understood the question. I'ld only tell the OP that I restarted my lifting back in 2001 @ 149 lbs and even now after cutting down 18 lbs in the last 3 months I still hit 200. And I still lift very, very heavy for my age. Funny thing is the more I cut the stronger I look but the harder I have to worik at the same weights. For this October's B-day instead of doing one of my max lift videos I hope to look decent enough to do some pics. It's a real kick to be closing in on 69 and have guys joke about wanting to hire you as a bodyguard. I guess old guys can at least look huge LOL!
    Nice

    We would love to see a pic

    Ill show you mine if you show me yours (no homo)
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  3. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    Nice

    We would love to see a pic

    Ill show you mine if you show me yours (no homo)
    While I am not huge, it's still possible to maintain muscle mass and be in shape.

    This was taken on my 52nd birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    edwitt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    2258
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    61.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    look pretty Damn big to me mate

    excellent job sir
  5. New Member
    MEPSE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    143
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    While I am not huge, it's still possible to maintain muscle mass and be in shape.

    This was taken on my 52nd birthday.
    You look awesome - I assume that this was for a competition.
  6. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by MEPSE View Post
    You look awesome - I assume that this was for a competition.
    Thanks. No competition, but I plan on it in the future. Was trying to see if I could get in the shape needed to step on stage.
  7. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Thanks. No competition, but I plan on it in the future. Was trying to see if I could get in the shape needed to step on stage.
    You look fantastic Mac, the only thing is you would have to compete in untested shows where even the old fuggers like us are fuggin Monsters!! I think if I ever went that route I would use real gear, keeping it safe mind you. I have been researching for about a month now and after one more Natural show next year, I will decide what I will do. That's the problem with going with designers, I don't think they get you big enough to compete in untested shows and once you use them you shouldn't compete in tested so they're not so useful.

    Another key consideration is how much gear to use to be competitive in untested shows, if it gets to crazy I am out. Then it would be TRT dosing for me I guess, or just stay Natural.

    Anywho all decisions not lightly made that's why it will take me a year to make, which gives me lots of time for research .
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  8. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You look fantastic Mac, the only thing is you would have to compete in untested shows where even the old fuggers like us are fuggin Monsters!! I think if I ever went that route I would use real gear, keeping it safe mind you. I have been researching for about a month now and after one more Natural show next year, I will decide what I will do. That's the problem with going with designers, I don't think they get you big enough to compete in untested shows and once you use them you shouldn't compete in tested so they're not so useful.

    Another key consideration is how much gear to use to be competitive in untested shows, if it gets to crazy I am out. Then it would be TRT dosing for me I guess, or just stay Natural.

    Anywho all decisions not lightly made that's why it will take me a year to make, which gives me lots of time for research .
    Thanks DW

    I won't be using any gear, maybe some Epi again, but no AAS needles for me. I don't want to have to be on TRT anytime soon and messing with gear could put an end to my good HPTA.

    I can't go into any natural shows because of doing 3 Epi cycles in the last two years and I don't want to have to try and cheat the system to compete in a natural show.

    My goal is to compete in the NPC Masters as a lightweight where there won't be too many huge gear laden competitors. I qualify to compete in that show only from being in 4 NPC shows in the late 80s.
  9. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Thanks DW

    I won't be using any gear, maybe some Epi again, but no AAS needles for me. I don't want to have to be on TRT anytime soon and messing with gear could put an end to my good HPTA.

    I can't go into any natural shows because of doing 3 Epi cycles in the last two years and I don't want to have to try and cheat the system to compete in a natural show.

    My goal is to compete in the NPC Masters as a lightweight where there won't be too many huge gear laden competitors. I qualify to compete in that show only from being in 4 NPC shows in the late 80s.
    Yah if the masters has a weight class spit up, I never thought of that. I'll have to check that out. Do these comps have grandmasters cuz masters starting at 40 is just not right IMO cuz a lot of people are peaking around then nowadays. 45 would be better.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah if the masters has a weight class spit up, I never thought of that. I'll have to check that out. Do these comps have grandmasters cuz masters starting at 40 is just not right IMO cuz a lot of people are peaking around then nowadays. 45 would be better.
    Yes, 40, 50, 60, 70+ with weight classes.

    See http://www.garyudit.com/
  11. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Yes, 40, 50, 60, 70+ with weight classes.

    See http://www.garyudit.com/
    Cool, I think we only have the CBBF in Canada...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  12. New Member
    pezdog1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    30.91%

    Ageless you are an inspiration to us all!!!!
  13. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Thanks DW

    I won't be using any gear, maybe some Epi again, but no AAS needles for me. I don't want to have to be on TRT anytime soon and messing with gear could put an end to my good HPTA.
    This is also a key consideration for me as well. I also have very strong HPTA, do you think Epistane and milder PH's are less likely to harm HPTA levels at our age. This may be a better route for me then.

    Oh and what impact do you think using Epistane had on your physique.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  14. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    This is also a key consideration for me as well. I also have very strong HPTA, do you think Epistane and milder PH's are less likely to harm HPTA levels at our age. This may be a better route for me then.

    Oh and what impact do you think using Epistane had on your physique.
    I think Epi helped me hold muscle as I was dieting. I never bulked on it. I was able to get shredded using it along with cardio. It definitely increased my strength levels. I never took more than 30mg a day for more than 4 weeks.

    If Epi is used for too long without proper PCT it could put someone over the edge and mess up their HPTA. This happens to guys in their 20s and 30s, so I think it's possible.

    Using real gear would have less issues with your liver than alkalized PHs/
  15. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    I think Epi helped me hold muscle as I was dieting. I never bulked on it. I was able to get shredded using it along with cardio. It definitely increased my strength levels. I never took more than 30mg a day for more than 4 weeks.

    If Epi is used for too long without proper PCT it could put someone over the edge and mess up their HPTA. This happens to guys in their 20s and 30s, so I think it's possible.

    Using real gear would have less issues with your liver than alkalized PHs/
    Yah that's would I would use it for as well, getting lean is so much harder for me than gaining mass. Getting lean and holding mass would be great. Leaner and harder are always my problems.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  16. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah that's would I would use it for as well, getting lean is so much harder for me than gaining mass. Getting lean and holding mass would be great. Leaner and harder are always my problems.
    This was the best conditioning I ever attained while using Epi.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  17. Professional Member
    chocolatemilk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,804
    Rep Power
    9975
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Holy cow mac... were you using ONLY Epi? And did you look like that somewhat before you started your Epi or did Epi make a drastic change to your physique to how you look in that pic.
  18. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    This was the best conditioning I ever attained while using Epi.
    You look really big in that pic, was your weight up a bit. Unbelievable conditioning.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  19. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You look really big in that pic, was your weight up a bit. Unbelievable conditioning.
    it's just an illusion because I had less body fat.

    I weighed less here than in the top photo, somewhere around 150.
  20. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    Holy cow mac... were you using ONLY Epi? And did you look like that somewhat before you started your Epi or did Epi make a drastic change to your physique to how you look in that pic.
    Epi was the only PH I took. It's certainly not the only thing responsible for my leanness, only that it helped me hold muscle while doing one hr or more cardio and two weight training sessions a day.

    Epi did not make any drastic changes in my physique.
  21. New Member
    MEPSE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    143
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

    I found the same with Epi - I didn't really gain much mass, but did lean out some. I am using P-Mag right now, and I really like it so far (just starting week 3). I have been pulsing, but maybe gains would be better with a straight cycle. I will have to try epi again when dieting to see what it does for me - didn't really diet or do cardio the last time.
  22. Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    321370
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Pretty much, what I want to see is opinions if a 35-40-45-50 year old with a decent foundation can get HUGE with the right training/diet/drugs/supplements.

    I see old guys who are kinda big, and old guys who are ripped and old guys who are in good shape, but can one get huge, I mean really huge at that stage of life?

    Before anybody takes offense, I fall into the above mentioned age categories, and only use the term "old" to distinguish the parameters of my question.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Bottom line, of course you can if you're willing to mess around with anabolic products. I am 60 years old and feel like Iím 30. Many people tell me that I'm the youngest 60 year old they have ever seen. I still play softball and basketball with the kids and hold my own quite well. I play competitive table tennis and compete in tournaments from time to time. I lift weights three times a week, ride bikes and jog regularly and in general I enjoy and active life style. I have gone from 148 lbs to 185 lbs in about 20 years of lifting. I did mess around with prohormones about ten years ago but I am currently happy to just stay in shape. At my age I use test boosters continuously. I rotate several so that my body doesnít become accustomed to the ingredients. My three favorites are Primal Male, DTHC and more recently Formadrol. All three have some form of estrogen control (critical for us older folks) and work on different pathways so they can be rotated effectively. I am currently experimenting with TestoPro and I want to try Mydrol in the near future. I usually buy two bottles at a time and when it is gone I move on to the next booster. I am not Arnold but I feel great, no aches or pains. The only aging issue I have personally experienced is loss of energy as compared to when I was younger. I often rely on energy enhancers to keep going. I am currently experimenting with GPLC for a natural energy boost and it seems to be working quite well so far. Hang in here and donít get hung-up on getting big. There is a lot to be said for controlling your waist line and staying in good shape. I always make sure my abs look good otherwise I need to lose some weight. Never let age be an excuse for not doing the things you love. Give God the glory in everything you and he will bless you for it.
  23. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Bottom line, of course you can if you're willing to mess around with anabolic products. I am 60 years old and feel like Iím 30. Many people tell me that I'm the youngest 60 year old they have ever seen. I still play softball and basketball with the kids and hold my own quite well. I play competitive table tennis and compete in tournaments from time to time. I lift weights three times a week, ride bikes and jog regularly and in general I enjoy and active life style. I have gone from 148 lbs to 185 lbs in about 20 years of lifting. I did mess around with prohormones about ten years ago but I am currently happy to just stay in shape. At my age I use test boosters continuously. I rotate several so that my body doesnít become accustomed to the ingredients. My three favorites are Primal Male, DTHC and more recently Formadrol. All three have some form of estrogen control (critical for us older folks) and work on different pathways so they can be rotated effectively. I am currently experimenting with TestoPro and I want to try Mydrol in the near future. I usually buy two bottles at a time and when it is gone I move on to the next booster. I am not Arnold but I feel great, no aches or pains. The only aging issue I have personally experienced is loss of energy as compared to when I was younger. I often rely on energy enhancers to keep going. I am currently experimenting with GPLC for a natural energy boost and it seems to be working quite well so far. Hang in here and donít get hung-up on getting big. There is a lot to be said for controlling your waist line and staying in good shape. I always make sure my abs look good otherwise I need to lose some weight. Never let age be an excuse for not doing the things you love. Give God the glory in everything you and he will bless you for it.
    Good post, I have done pretty well with herbals and will give a lot of thought before I go any further. If I think it's safe and does not seriously damage my very strong HPTA then maybe. Lean and hard are more important to me at my age and I do have a lot of size already.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  24. Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    321370
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    When I was messing with prohormones I never felt quite right (difficult to explain) but I always feel great on herbal test boosters. I think it's partly because I know I'm taking products that are good for me as opposed to something that has detrimental side effects and also because a good herbal will balance my hormones similar to when I was younger so I actually feel like I did when I was younger.
  25. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    When I was messing with prohormones I never felt quite right (difficult to explain) but I always feel great on herbal test boosters. I think it's partly because I know I'm taking products that are good for me as opposed to something that has detrimental side effects and also because a good herbal will balance my hormones similar to when I was younger so I actually feel like I did when I was younger.
    PHs always messed up my libido after 4 weeks. At first the libido boost was great, but then it was like I didn't care about sex towards the end of the cycle and my girlfriend was never too happy about that.
  26. New Member
    skiboyny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    80
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    24.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    I think Epi helped me hold muscle as I was dieting. I never bulked on it. I was able to get shredded using it along with cardio. It definitely increased my strength levels. I never took more than 30mg a day for more than 4 weeks.

    If Epi is used for too long without proper PCT it could put someone over the edge and mess up their HPTA. This happens to guys in their 20s and 30s, so I think it's possible.

    Using real gear would have less issues with your liver than alkalized PHs/
    Mac,
    What was did your PCT look like?
  27. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by skiboyny View Post
    Mac,
    What was did your PCT look like?
    Nolvadex and test boosters.
  28. New Member
    Ray Luv's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    56
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    45.02%

    I never thought so, but recently watching my body transform after years of neglect is amazing. I am 35 and hadn't lifted in years. It's safe to say that every gain I had made in the past had passed and was replaced a 35bf%. Im 3 years deep into my transformation and have picked up a great deal of mazz. I wouldn't say muscle memory really had much to do with it as much as my overall experience & BB knowledge. Im no where near my dream physic or goals but Im busting my azz & clawing my way there. Every work out is gut wrenching. I work each bodypart twice per week over a 4 day split. 2, off, 2 off, off. 3 sets & 3-4 exercises (FST-7, drop sets, High Volume WO, Extremely Low Volume WO, Supper Sets, Giant Sets). I do this for many reasons and Its really been my secret weapon theory. I cycle on and off of PHs year around. I use a variation of supps and get most of my nutrients/ protein from whole foods. At my age protein powders give me the runs (LOL). Thats my story guys
  29. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Luv View Post
    I never thought so, but recently watching my body transform after years of neglect is amazing. I am 35 and hadn't lifted in years. It's safe to say that every gain I had made in the past had passed and was replaced a 35bf%. Im 3 years deep into my transformation and have picked up a great deal of mazz. I wouldn't say muscle memory really had much to do with it as much as my overall experience & BB knowledge. Im no where near my dream physic or goals but Im busting my azz & clawing my way there. Every work out is gut wrenching. I work each bodypart twice per week over a 4 day split. 2, off, 2 off, off. 3 sets & 3-4 exercises (FST-7, drop sets, High Volume WO, Extremely Low Volume WO, Supper Sets, Giant Sets). I do this for many reasons and Its really been my secret weapon theory. I cycle on and off of PHs year around. I use a variation of supps and get most of my nutrients/ protein from whole foods. At my age protein powders give me the runs (LOL). Thats my story guys
    You're only 35? That's not old, damn I could add a lot of muscle with just diet at that age.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  30. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You're only 35? That's not old, damn I could add a lot of muscle with just diet at that age.
    It would be nice to be that freakin' old again.
  31. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,675
    Rep Power
    760782
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    It would be nice to be that freakin' old again.
    With what we know!! Hell yah!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  32. New Member
    hugerobb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  340 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    83.64%

    well bro Im 59 and been lifting half my life and Im 340 pounds of solid mass and I get bigger every yr so yes with the right amount of food and lifting heavy you can still get huge.
  33. Advanced Member
    -2z-'s Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    43
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    501
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    88.6%

    Great personal stories here. Good to know success can keep coming, no matter the age.
  34. Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    321370
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hugerobb View Post
    well bro Im 59 and been lifting half my life and Im 340 pounds of solid mass and I get bigger every yr so yes with the right amount of food and lifting heavy you can still get huge.
    You look like and endo. Endo's gain quite easily. I started out as an ecto but I am closer to a meso after gaining about 25 lbs. At this point, even with a clean diet, I tend to gain around the midsection before I make gains anywhere else. Keep my test elevated helps but it is not the total answer.
  35. Professional Member
    edwitt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    2258
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    61.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro



    Well that is what ive got to show for 18 months of my labor and Ive got to say im not unhappy

    Ill be trying to add a few more LBM on this final blast but the curtain is coming down on this chapter.... So round one is almost in the bag

    Whats next? Well been planning it out for couple of months already and far from decided on the exact path but im gonna go for another 30lbs in the shortest time frame humanly possible.... Kick off will prob be some time in December


    My muscle marinade and slin shot log plus 30day blast with 20mg Super DMZ and 50mg Dbol

    My last hoorah before taking a break from a long and successful cycle

    Please come join @
    Muscle Marinade Slin Shot and bunch of other crazy sh!t

    Thank-You
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  36. New Member
    MEPSE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    143
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

    Nice work - keep pushin' on!
  37. New Member
    hugerobb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  340 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    83.64%

    well Im 59 6'6 340 pounds and still getting big I was told back in my 20's that when I hit 40 I would lose my size and then in my 50's i was told the same thing all by people who never step into a gym or picked up a barbell now Im going too show them they will be wrong again when I turn 60 and Im still hanging and a banging and gettting huge LOL
  38. New Member
    wotankrieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    50
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    70%

    Quote Originally Posted by hugerobb View Post
    well Im 59 6'6 340 pounds and still getting big I was told back in my 20's that when I hit 40 I would lose my size and then in my 50's i was told the same thing all by people who never step into a gym or picked up a barbell now Im going too show them they will be wrong again when I turn 60 and Im still hanging and a banging and gettting huge LOL
    Hi rob, are there any pics of you?
    Just to see you lifting or your mass


    PD: Best mix , lifting heavy, Rock and Harleys, i do it too...
  39. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13733
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugerobb View Post
    well Im 59 6'6 340 pounds and still getting big I was told back in my 20's that when I hit 40 I would lose my size and then in my 50's i was told the same thing all by people who never step into a gym or picked up a barbell now Im going too show them they will be wrong again when I turn 60 and Im still hanging and a banging and gettting huge LOL
    you have been a biggin since birth, there is no getting small for you bro.

    its the runts like me that lose size when getting old
  40. Senior Member
    compudog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,089
    Rep Power
    54938
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    89.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Pretty much, what I want to see is opinions if a 35-40-45-50 year old with a decent foundation can get HUGE with the right training/diet/drugs/supplements.

    I see old guys who are kinda big, and old guys who are ripped and old guys who are in good shape, but can one get huge, I mean really huge at that stage of life?

    Before anybody takes offense, I fall into the above mentioned age categories, and only use the term "old" to distinguish the parameters of my question.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I'm 44, 45 in Jan. I've been pretty active for my entire life, including working out in the gym, but never seriously. Anyway, I started doing squats and deadlifts in July, this week I deadlifted 335 and squatted 315.

    Not sure about "huge", still gunning for that myself, but I can tell you a couple things; 1 year ago I weighed 165, this week I'm around 180, and, I no longer fit into medium anything. I'm certainly bigger than I've ever been, probably stronger too.

    And yeah, it's all about "diet", (as long as that diet includes aas).

    Of course, the limiting factor is what a person can lift. You can't get big unless you lift big, no matter how old (or young) you are or what drugs you take. To anyone that's over 35, that to me represents the biggest challenge. When you lift big there's going to be pain, to me that's probably what stops most.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:48 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in