Can an old man get huge?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Who should you visit and what tests should you ask for to see if TRT is an option?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by seunim View Post
    Who should you visit and what tests should you ask for to see if TRT is an option?
    the first thing your doctor will ask you , is why do you think your testosterone is low. You will have to put up a strong argument to justify treatment imo. So i suggest you do your research via google as to what the symptons are for low testosterone ie outside the normal range and see if you can identify with anyof them.
    If you can convince your doctor then to take a blood test , youve moved forward. However the result of the blood test will tell you if treatment is justified.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    the first thing your doctor will ask you , is why do you think your testosterone is low. You will have to put up a strong argument to justify treatment imo. So i suggest you do your research via google as to what the symptons are for low testosterone ie outside the normal range and see if you can identify with anyof them.
    If you can convince your doctor then to take a blood test , youve moved forward. However the result of the blood test will tell you if treatment is justified.
    Yah I have never really had any of the symptoms except for when I was out of shape. When I am back in the gym and in shape my libido is sky high, (to the point it's actually a little big annoying), I have good energy, I feell strong. This does not mean I am putting on tons of muscle though. There are increases though. I have to admit if administered by a doctor and safe, I would love to get a little boost though. I would have to wait till I stopped competing though. Maybe when I'm in my sixties...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by BIG R View Post
    When did being in the 30s constitute oldness...especially when weight lifting or strength is considered? Arent most of the worlds strongest men in their 30s?

    I would think a better question would involve guys in their 60s at least. Of course some guy, in the words of the OP "with a decent foundation", can get huge if hes in his mid thirties.

    I have friends in their 40s who have never lifted a weight before who a lot of people would consider huge already, just from a lifetime of outside work, lots of food, and great genetics. Id love to get them in the gym.
    Yah I am just starting to notice a difference now that I'm in my fifties... most of it has to do with joints and small injuries. Just ordered 4 bottles of SuperCissus...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  5. When did being in the 30s constitute oldness...especially when weight lifting or strength is considered? Arent most of the worlds strongest men in their 30s?

    I would think a better question would involve guys in their 60s at least. Of course some guy, in the words of the OP "with a decent foundation", can get huge if hes in his mid thirties.

    I have friends in their 40s who have never lifted a weight before who a lot of people would consider huge already, just from a lifetime of outside work, lots of food, and great genetics. Id love to get them in the gym.

    (reposted....I deleted it because i was going to rewrite it, but the esteemed Dreamweaver quoted it so I reposted)
  6. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    id like to sidetrack this if i can ,sorry OP, and ask can an older guy say 45 upwards, build muscle . Im lucky enough to have test replacement therapy- every 11 weeks i get a fresh supply of testosterone which peaks for approx 5 of those weeks at the upper end of the range for a man.Yet despite trying to do everything by the book , building muscle has been and is a hard task.

    So whats the missing link?

    I train 4x a week for approx 1 hour, Cardio is limited to walking and in the gym about 10 min on the bike.

    I take creatine, bcaa, a preworkout -all the usual supplements but it s very hard work.
    So do you reach a point in your life that all you can expect to get from a gym session is to maintain a decent shape,and stay in good health -i just dont know.
    What you have to think is that there are plenty of 22 year old guys here who have a hard time building muscle too. So its not just about the age, its also about all the rest of the details. So better to dissect it all, diet, training, rest, etc and see where the weak points are. If you want to start a thread to talk about it, or PM me.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What you have to think is that there are plenty of 22 year old guys here who have a hard time building muscle too. So its not just about the age, its also about all the rest of the details. So better to dissect it all, diet, training, rest, etc and see where the weak points are. If you want to start a thread to talk about it, or PM me.
    Very good point...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  8. I am 39 and my Test levels are low....Total 270 and Free 60.....but my libido is higher than it has ever been and I don't have any trouble gaining muscle. Other than injuries, I cannot tell a difference as fair as gaining muscle and losing body fat. My injuries are what holds me back now and that is related to wear and tear and age. But I honestly look better now than I ever have.

    Seems like your Test levels are not the "be all end all" like people seem to think. Based on my Total T and Free T, I should be having trouble maintaining muscle mass etc. I think that how we feel, sex drive and the ability to gain muscle is way more complicated than it is thought to be by most people. Seems like if my test levels were really what determined all the above, then if my levels got up to 700 or 800 then I would be humping the couch and would look like a gorilla.......there just has to be a lot more to it than just Test levels.

    Sorry I went off on a tangent.......

  9. Good point about Albert Beckles...

    <-------------- Me at 51 and that pic is a year old i am bigger + more cut now newer pics to follow !!!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Good point about Albert Beckles...

    <-------------- Me at 51 and that pic is a year old i am bigger + more cut now newer pics to follow !!!
    nice

    43 and getting bigger stronger not so much faster

    Name:  IMG_2096.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  32.0 KB
    Eat clean, piss dirty

  11. Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    nice

    43 and getting bigger stronger not so much faster

    Name:  IMG_2096.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  32.0 KB
    When we get to our age we tend to be a little more patient

    Looking good by the way :-)
  12. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    nice

    43 and getting bigger stronger not so much faster

    Name:  IMG_2096.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  32.0 KB
    Ok, since you had to do it and I haven't put any pics up in forever 42 and getting bigger, stronger and leaner... definitely not faster.

    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  13. Here's mine at 51 and will be better next year

    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Here's mine at 51 and will be better next year

    looking good-is there any supplement or supplements you have taken which have made the biggest impact on how you look?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    looking good-is there any supplement or supplements you have taken which have made the biggest impact on how you look?
    Like I said it's stringing them together and stacking them with proper diet and you will get results..

    That being said, there are some herbal stacks I prefer...

    1) The Swole stack is very responsive to almost everyone, hek if you don't run it as a main stack it's a dynamite PCT addition or so I would imagine. It's a combination of Testopro, Stoked and Glycobol.. throw in HGHPro and you have an amazing natural stack.

    2) Asteroid stack is good as well and Prime is a mainstay in my regime, not everybody responds to it but for those who do it's a dynamite product... Hey the new Pink Magic product is very strong, throw it in with this stack and wow! damn fine for a natural stack...

    Both these stacks can be run 8-12 weeks, run them back to back and you're set for a long haul...

    I'll admit it's expensive but so is PCT and support supps when you add it all up I bet... Anywho it's an alternative to harsher products. If I could run 200 mg of test cyp per week and still compete as a Natural under the rules (say if they had a grandfather clause lol) I'd probably consider it if it was safe enough but that's not a reality right now.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Like I said it's stringing them together and stacking them with proper diet and you will get results..

    That being said, there are some herbal stacks I prefer...

    1) The Swole stack is very responsive to almost everyone, hek if you don't run it as a main stack it's a dynamite PCT addition or so I would imagine. It's a combination of Testopro, Stoked and Glycobol.. throw in HGHPro and you have an amazing natural stack.

    2) Asteroid stack is good as well and Prime is a mainstay in my regime, not everybody responds to it but for those who do it's a dynamite product... Hey the new Pink Magic product is very strong, throw it in with this stack and wow! damn fine for a natural stack...

    Both these stacks can be run 8-12 weeks, run them back to back and you're set for a long haul...

    I'll admit it's expensive but so is PCT and support supps when you add it all up I bet... Anywho it's an alternative to harsher products. If I could run 200 mg of test cyp per week and still compete as a Natural under the rules (say if they had a grandfather clause lol) I'd probably consider it if it was safe enough but that's not a reality right now.
    tks for that

  17. Thanks for all the great replys, and again, I meant no disrespect to "any" age group, as I said, Im no pup, so when I say old, its a relative term. Please keep the comments coming, as a few of you have given me some things to think about.
    PHF Rep


  18. Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    For joint

    Cissus and Animal Flex and stretch stretch and stretch some more lifting will be so much more enjoyable. If ur an AAS guy stay away from Winny add NPP to any cycles

    And for the belly carb cycling works like a dream for me

    Taper those carbs off during the day get em in around WO and fasted cardio

    Id be glad to go into further depth

    Stop by my log anytime and ask away
    Yeah, I am probably going to be looking into some of your techniques you used to cut away the extra lbs. I CAN cut and have, but I am always interested in finding out other tidbits.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  19. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    the first thing your doctor will ask you , is why do you think your testosterone is low. You will have to put up a strong argument to justify treatment imo. So i suggest you do your research via google as to what the symptons are for low testosterone ie outside the normal range and see if you can identify with anyof them.
    If you can convince your doctor then to take a blood test , youve moved forward. However the result of the blood test will tell you if treatment is justified.
    Definitely what I have perfected. I started doing this when I was 25 and wanted a certain drug from the doc or I wanted certain test done. I would research for about 7 days and figure out what to tell the doc is wrong with me, sure enough, he would send me right into the hospital to get the test which I wanted done in the first place or just give me the drug...i had a cool doc growing up, still do.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  20. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Definitely what I have perfected. I started doing this when I was 25 and wanted a certain drug from the doc or I wanted certain test done. I would research for about 7 days and figure out what to tell the doc is wrong with me, sure enough, he would send me right into the hospital to get the test which I wanted done in the first place or just give me the drug...i had a cool doc growing up, still do.
    i have a thread on this somewhere? got my Test Cyp no problem... Ill try and dig the link up
    Eat clean, piss dirty

  21. Quote Originally Posted by C Dub805 View Post
    How is the "pulsing" working for you and what compounds do you pulse?
    Sorry - didn't notice the question until today. Pulsing works great for me. I like the slower gains, which I keep through PCT (which is strictly OTC for me). I pulse 3 times per week on workout days (M, W, F), and I stay on for at least 5 to 9 weeks depending on the compound. I have pulsed M-Drol, M1,4ADD, and D-Plex (clone of The One). I took the M-drol for 6 weeks, and the M1,4ADD was 6 weeks, with week 6 bridging to D-Plex for 3 more weeks to harden up a little. That was my last cycle, which covered 9 weeks total. I am not telling everyone to do this - this is just one of the cycles I tried using the pulsing method, and I had no sides whatsoever. Pulsing just feels less toxic to me, and I do not feel any different than when I took a straight cycle of Epistane. When I pulsed the M-Drol, I did have some minor back pumps and lethargy as is typical for that compound. I personally would never take M-Drol straight, but that is just me. I don't make recommendations, but I also don't mind sharing what works for me. I will start a P-Mag pulse tomorrow.

  22. 35? 40? Sheeit that ain't old. I'm 50, 6' 242, 10%BF, I bench close to 500 lbs and there are 20 some year old kids who stand in awe of me at the gym. Old? Says who?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    35? 40? Sheeit that ain't old. I'm 50, 6' 242, 10%BF, I bench close to 500 lbs and there are 20 some year old kids who stand in awe of me at the gym. Old? Says who?
    43 and bench is up from 350 this year to 430

    My PR from last year was 375 backed off to 350 on a cut now its full steam ahead,

    Going for the big one
    Eat clean, piss dirty

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    35? 40? Sheeit that ain't old. I'm 50, 6' 242, 10%BF, I bench close to 500 lbs and there are 20 some year old kids who stand in awe of me at the gym. Old? Says who?
    as much as i admire that anyone can lift lots of weight, to me it isnt just about lifting weights. I see guys in my gym pot bellied , no muscle tone that can lift but what they lack is muscle tone.

    Anyone can get huge , just eat fast food 24/7 ;all the things you shouldnt eat ; but once that t-shirt comes off youd think the guy never saw a gym.

    So going back to the original title, i personally think it would be better if the question was asked , can an older guy put on muscle ?

    To look good you dont have to be huge, a tighter neater toned physique in my book is much better

  25. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    as much as i admire that anyone can lift lots of weight, to me it isnt just about lifting weights. I see guys in my gym pot bellied , no muscle tone that can lift but what they lack is muscle tone.

    Anyone can get huge , just eat fast food 24/7 ;all the things you shouldnt eat ; but once that t-shirt comes off youd think the guy never saw a gym.

    So going back to the original title, i personally think it would be better if the question was asked , can an older guy put on muscle ?

    To look good you dont have to be huge, a tighter neater toned physique in my book is much better
    Are you not looking at our pictures we have posted

    and Roadrash as stated is 10%BF @ 242lb thats huge in my book and f@cking impressive damn strong too and im right behind him at 43
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  26. purebred
    purebred's Avatar

    This question is parallel to the ones asked by the younger teens who are "hard-gainers". I have no intention of belittling the OP or coming off in a condescending manner though.

    To me it just struck me as the same difference. Anything is possible and every situation is unique. As long as certain needs and requirements are met and tweaks and modifications are made in conjunction with the addition of consistency it is completely and undoubtedly achievable. Age ain't nothin' but a numba!

  27. Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.

    Now if you think that my BF% I've got a big gut you're an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    as much as i admire that anyone can lift lots of weight, to me it isnt just about lifting weights. I see guys in my gym pot bellied , no muscle tone that can lift but what they lack is muscle tone.

    Anyone can get huge , just eat fast food 24/7 ;all the things you shouldnt eat ; but once that t-shirt comes off youd think the guy never saw a gym.

    So going back to the original title, i personally think it would be better if the question was asked , can an older guy put on muscle ?

    To look good you dont have to be huge, a tighter neater toned physique in my book is much better

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.

    Now if you think that my BF% I've got a big gut you're an idiot.
    ^^^^^^^^^^

    That, well said

  29. One thing that we have to make clear is, if you take drugs you can get huge no doubt. I am sure if I went that route I would be much bigger making me quite massive.

    Without the drugs it's still possible to get very big, probably quite a bit more difficult though and less margin for error I would assume.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.

    Now if you think that my BF% I've got a big gut you're an idiot.
    i effing well know it wasnt the original question . anyone can get huge whether training or not Isnt there more obese people in the USA than in any other country-if your obese your huge .
    The word huge need clarifying . What are we talking about here, huge with a highpercentage of bf or huge with low bf and muscle . IMO the road to acheiving those goals is totally different for each one.

    As for you having a big gut-theres a saying over here and you might be aware of it too , "if the cap fits wear it"

  31. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    i effing well know it wasnt the original question . anyone can get huge whether training or not Isnt there more obese people in the USA than in any other country-if your obese your huge .
    The word huge need clarifying . What are we talking about here, huge with a highpercentage of bf or huge with low bf and muscle . IMO the road to acheiving those goals is totally different for each one.

    As for you having a big gut-theres a saying over here and you might be aware of it too , "if the cap fits wear it"
    i Dont think it needed clarifying at all, perfectly clear,

    You do realize this is a bodybuilding forum? Not the "Biggest Looser"

    Not a single person here thought the OP was asking "can an old man get fat"

    Please correct me if anyone here was confused,

    Lame comeback IMO

    Eat clean, piss dirty
  32. purebred
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Thats not the question he asked. Duh. If you want to reword the OPs question, then start your own thread. He asked, can an older guy get huge? The answer is absolutely.
    Who are you directing your post at and in what post on this thread is anyone rewording the OP's question?

  33. I will put this to the test after a challenge at my old gym. I went to visit and walked in on the younger guy vs older guy conversation at the gym. The manager moved us off the main floor, and we were having a good give and take on exercise issues. I had the floor and was talking about lifting a little wiser and smarter to protect against injurys, when someone in the back of the room challenged me to shut up or put up. The manager set the rules, both 5'8", I'm 30+yrs senior, In 45 days or less we start, we will have a weigh in, stats and bf done by staff. In the weigh in we are allowed before and after pics.( no cameras allowed in gym) time allowed 90 days, weight 181 plus, lowest bf and stat improvement. We are both the same size so this will be fun. He claims that he will weigh in at 215 lean and mean, maybe 220. A( he is cruising, waiting to pre-load orals before we hit it) B ( His friend said his s**t isn't here yet ! ) C ( I thought this was about gaining mass and size as we get older? I guess now, I get to prove my point) I will be 191 lean at weigh in, if I miss target, I will still be over 181 lean challenge, hell I might post the log just for the fun of of it, when the avatar appears game on.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I will put this to the test after a challenge at my old gym. I went to visit and walked in on the younger guy vs older guy conversation at the gym. The manager moved us off the main floor, and we were having a good give and take on exercise issues. I had the floor and was talking about lifting a little wiser and smarter to protect against injurys, when someone in the back of the room challenged me to shut up or put up. The manager set the rules, both 5'8", I'm 30+yrs senior, In 45 days or less we start, we will have a weigh in, stats and bf done by staff. In the weigh in we are allowed before and after pics.( no cameras allowed in gym) time allowed 90 days, weight 181 plus, lowest bf and stat improvement. We are both the same size so this will be fun. He claims that he will weigh in at 215 lean and mean, maybe 220. A( he is cruising, waiting to pre-load orals before we hit it) B ( His friend said his s**t isn't here yet ! ) C ( I thought this was about gaining mass and size as we get older? I guess now, I get to prove my point) I will be 191 lean at weigh in, if I miss target, I will still be over 181 lean challenge, hell I might post the log just for the fun of of it, when the avatar appears game on.
    subbed
    Eat clean, piss dirty

  35. Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I will put this to the test after a challenge at my old gym. I went to visit and walked in on the younger guy vs older guy conversation at the gym. The manager moved us off the main floor, and we were having a good give and take on exercise issues. I had the floor and was talking about lifting a little wiser and smarter to protect against injurys, when someone in the back of the room challenged me to shut up or put up. The manager set the rules, both 5'8", I'm 30+yrs senior, In 45 days or less we start, we will have a weigh in, stats and bf done by staff. In the weigh in we are allowed before and after pics.( no cameras allowed in gym) time allowed 90 days, weight 181 plus, lowest bf and stat improvement. We are both the same size so this will be fun. He claims that he will weigh in at 215 lean and mean, maybe 220. A( he is cruising, waiting to pre-load orals before we hit it) B ( His friend said his s**t isn't here yet ! ) C ( I thought this was about gaining mass and size as we get older? I guess now, I get to prove my point) I will be 191 lean at weigh in, if I miss target, I will still be over 181 lean challenge, hell I might post the log just for the fun of of it, when the avatar appears game on.
    oh yah I would love to follow that...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  36. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    as much as i admire that anyone can lift lots of weight, to me it isnt just about lifting weights. I see guys in my gym pot bellied , no muscle tone that can lift but what they lack is muscle tone.

    Anyone can get huge , just eat fast food 24/7 ;all the things you shouldnt eat ; but once that t-shirt comes off youd think the guy never saw a gym.

    So going back to the original title, i personally think it would be better if the question was asked , can an older guy put on muscle ?

    To look good you dont have to be huge, a tighter neater toned physique in my book is much better
    Personal Goals-

    Luckily, all of ours are not the same.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    i effing well know it wasnt the original question . anyone can get huge whether training or not Isnt there more obese people in the USA than in any other country-if your obese your huge .
    The word huge need clarifying . What are we talking about here, huge with a highpercentage of bf or huge with low bf and muscle . IMO the road to acheiving those goals is totally different for each one.

    As for you having a big gut-theres a saying over here and you might be aware of it too , "if the cap fits wear it"
    At a little less than 10% BF, I don't see how I could be sporting a large gut. I think most people in a body building forum would correctly assume that huge means muscle size, but there is,always someone who can't think abstractly and has to take everything spelled out.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    At a little less than 10% BF, I don't see how I could be sporting a large gut. I think most people in a body building forum would correctly assume that huge means muscle size, but there is,always someone who can't think abstractly and has to take everything spelled out.
    yea... We all thought the OP was saying "Can an old man get obese"

    thx for clarifying
    Eat clean, piss dirty

  39. Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    yea... We all thought the OP was saying "Can an old man get obese"

    thx for clarifying
    Oh.. in that case .. no problem!!!
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Log in
Log in