Age and Health - AnabolicMinds.com

Age and Health

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  290 lbs.

Age and Health

I'm just finishing up a bulk. I went from 265 to 300 pretty easily. 300 is not that heavy for me considering I'm almost 6'6, and it's about the same weight that I played at in college. However, I am much stronger than I was in my college days. My doc is not too happy though, with the weight came a rise in bp. My doc wants me to act my age, I'll be 36 next month, take up golf ( I guess that what he does ) focuse on light weights and a lot more cardio. In a little over a month, I will start cutting and the bp will come down. It hasn't been high enough for him to give me anything for it, like 145/80 has been the highest. Never had this trouble at this weight when I was younger. I don't have too much fat on me, still at a 36 waist, 56 chest, 21ish arms. My question is, is doc right? Is it time to hit the cardio until bp and blood work says I'll live forever? My diet is good, and I love lifting heavy. As far as acting my age.......what does that mean?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

It means that your doctor is a killjoy and doesn't understand the weight trainer mindset. I had a doctor once ask me why I waste my time lifting weights (mind you he was a poster boy for a coronary) I replied "so I won't end up like your fat ass" then got a new doctor. It comes down to how much trust you have in your doctor and his advice.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  290 lbs.

Well I may have gave him reason, as he was giving me a shot of cortizone at the time. My shoulder has been giving me some problems over the past few years, had to give up flat bench with the bar. But yeah, my doctor weighs probably as much as me, is in his 50s, and by the looks of it, has not exercised at all for many, many years. I'm pretty happy with the size and strength I have acheived. I love the fact that I teach inner city HS ( the real deal inner city - Cleveland ) and the kids are terrified of me. In my job, intimadation goes a long way. LOL
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel65 View Post
    Well I may have gave him reason, as he was giving me a shot of cortizone at the time. My shoulder has been giving me some problems over the past few years, had to give up flat bench with the bar. But yeah, my doctor weighs probably as much as me, is in his 50s, and by the looks of it, has not exercised at all for many, many years. I'm pretty happy with the size and strength I have acheived. I love the fact that I teach inner city HS ( the real deal inner city - Cleveland ) and the kids are terrified of me. In my job, intimadation goes a long way. LOL
    hahaha-rommel, i guess we know where the name comes from, lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Health Canada Approves Several Health Claims for Tea
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
  2. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
  3. Canadian Health Care vs US Health Care
    By CDB in forum Politics
    Replies: 6