Advice for inexperienced trt

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Advice for inexperienced trt

I would like to ask for some advice from experienced trt users.

I am currently 43
    I started to lode my libido at about 30.
    I have had ed problems since 30
    My doctor finally checked my T level at 41. He said it was a little low but nothing he wanted to do then. T level 310
    I started taking Zoloft at 41 for depression and apathy.
    I really complained at 42 so he redid my blood work. T level 227
    He put me on 5mg ed androgel. It help for about 1 month then I could feel myself going back down hill.
    At 42.5 I complained and he changed it to 10mg testred ed
    At 43 I told him that I am still not happy. Tired, apathetic and no libido I haven't had sex for 6 months. (Maybee I should get a divorce to try and add excitement to my sex life.)
    Doctor redid my blood tests, tested thyroid and testosterone. Thyroid ok, T level is 117. He said I could double my testred to 20mg or try IM.
    I picked IM hoping I might start to feel better. I just started to do alot of research on trt the last month and I am getting the feeling that most people prefer IM.

The red flag came up with me when I went back to get my first shot.
    I asked the nurse what was the dosage and she told me 200mg every month.
    I asked her if this was normal.
    I told her I thought it was low compared to what I have been reading.
    She told me that it was on the low side but that is where the doctor said I had to start. I couldn't ask the doc he is on vacation now.

My question to everyone, due to the fact that I have generally been reading on the net the starting dose for trt IM is 100mg per week, should I really try to find another doctor or complain to my doctor about the dosage, or am I being unrealistic and wait a couple months before he does more blood work.

I have never taken any steroids or any hormones.
    I don't work out, I work heavy construction pipe laying and concrete work. I weighed about 260 6 months ago but now weigh 225 5'9" after a hard summer of work and eliminating all extra sweets.

I don't want to add bulk I just want to be more healthy and have less of a chance to have heart problems or become diabetic.

Thank you for any advice

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.68%

You are going to probably feel very poor after the first 2 weeks on your injection. I'm pretty sure that will either make you phone your doc and tell him how poor you are feeling or you will find another doc at that point. I love my injections and its worht the time to dial the protocol in, but you have to maintain a good quality of life while trying to ascertain optimum protocol. You seem to have a doc that listens but is very conservative and outdated in his approach maybe its time for a change

Just my opinion
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Does anyone have a recommendation for a forward thinking doctor in the Indianapolis area.

Thanks
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

Quote Originally Posted by oscore View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a forward thinking doctor in the Indianapolis area.

Thanks
    This can only be achieved by you. You need to call, and ask the dr. why such a low dose... explain your research (he wont want to hear) Give it 30 days and evaluate. Look at Endo's also, maybe someone in your area can suggest one for you. Persistance will prevail, I know, Ive been down this road at 37, it sucks and only time will get you to where you need to be. PM me if you need more info.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

I talked with the LNP that prescribed my testerone on Friday. I explained how I felt and she upped my dose to 100mg to start. After talking with her she is referring to an endo because the blood work that I had done showed that I was borderline diabetic, had low thyroid numbers and of course low testosterone.

Thanks
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

Quote Originally Posted by oscore View Post
    I talked with the LNP that prescribed my testerone on Friday. I explained how I felt and she upped my dose to 100mg to start. After talking with her she is referring to an endo because the blood work that I had done showed that I was borderline diabetic, had low thyroid numbers and of course low testosterone.

Thanks
    Good for you for being Pro Active, most just sit back and take whatever! Continue to ask EVERY question that comes into your nind.....Keep us updated.

Im on 100 mg a week now...going to 200, after 6 months, all things take time.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

I have been trying to find information about the endo that I have been referred to. A friend recommended a different endo and I have been trying to get information on that one also. Someone recommended that I call compounding pharmacies in the area and get recommendations for doctors that believe in T+AI+HCG. All these avenues resulted in dead ends. Only one pharmacy responded through my emails and said they wouldn't recommend a doctor. There isn't any good information on the net about the endo's. I guess I will try one and ask him my initial questions and then maybee have to get another referral to another doctor.

New questions.

I have read that there are reports of people injecting the test SubQ. Is this just as effective as IM?

Does raising testosterone levels help with lowering glucose levels?

What do endo's generally believe in? Do most generally believe in just adding test or just hcg or what? Are the endo's generally more stubborn? What do I to have look forward to?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 01:14 AM
  2. Need sum help are advice!!!!!!!
    By BxDoZa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
  3. Mass stack advice for hair advice
    By Cupcakemafia in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:25 AM
  4. i need some advice, alots of advice