I'm only 22.. HRT, I'm on the fence..

  1. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    I'm only 22.. HRT, I'm on the fence..


    Alright so, some background history, I had thyroid problems as a kid because I wasn't growing (could be related to the fact that I was born almost a month early), went off the thyroid meds at around 14yrs old (my mom said I decided that I wanted to stop taking them lol, I don't even remember). Thus, I went to my old thyroid doctor last week to get checked and he said I was normal. Anyway, it seems like since around 17/18, I have been noticing mood swings, mixed feelings of anxiety/depression, I am pretty much always tired/ready to goto sleep (except for once I finally lay down to sleep at night, it takes me a little while). With girls in the past, I have always noticed an issue with my manhood, always thought it was because I was drinking, but then I noticed it was still happening when I wasn't drinking (btw, I haven't drank in years now). When I'm with a girl, it's like, maybe I will actually reach my full potential for like a minute or 2, and then it goes away. I'm always half assing it.. it's like, I might get up there, and then if my concentration breaks, I have to start all over. I have to concentrate so damn hard during sex. Also, I barely ever wake up with morning wood.. come on now, I'm only 22 yrs old. Also, for the past few years I have noticed an issue with brain fog, especially short term memory problems, ****ty drive in the gym, ****ty focus, etc. Anyway, so I got my test levels checked, they were at 400. My doctor was telling me how with kids my age it should be at it's peak (800-1200). If I'm at 400 in the AM, that means I'm even lower in the PM. This is where I am on the fence.. He will treat me.. but if I go on HRT, is it gonna do more worse than good? I mean, in regards to my natty test level, HPTA/fertility, etc. Can the HRT be cycled? Does it really have to be life long? I have tried researching HCG, and other options. Can't my test just be raised without having to worry about shut down? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I know a lot of you have asked the same thing(s). That being said, I feel like I've aged 15yrs in the last 5yrs, I want to feel my age, not like I'm getting older and getting slower. I just don't want to have to worry about estro problems (what should I mention for AI?), HPTA shutdown/losing my ability to keep my natty test level, testicular atrophy, infertility, etc.

    Sorry for ranting, this is just a really big ****ing deal and I don't want to blow it. I have a 2nd blood test monday morning at 7am.

  2. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    have you discussed hCG monotherapy and clomid?

    ask about them see what he says.

    i would hate to see you on HRT so early
  3. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    have you discussed hCG monotherapy and clomid?

    ask about them see what he says.

    i would hate to see you on HRT so early
    Can you give me more details on hCG monotherapy and clomid? Is it more about pushing my body to produce more test instead of replacement? I can talk with him about it on monday.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    DenDestroys's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    Can you give me more details on hCG monotherapy and clomid? Is it more about pushing my body to produce more test instead of replacement? I can talk with him about it on monday.

    Hey man, have you ever ran any cycles in the past?
  5. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by DenDestroys View Post
    Hey man, have you ever ran any cycles in the past?
    I've ran 1 PH in the past, but did complete PCT and had blood work done pre and post, so I don't think it really had anything to do with it.
  6. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49615
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    74.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    I've ran 1 PH in the past, but did complete PCT and had blood work done pre and post, so I don't think it really had anything to do with it.
    if you were on thyroid meds and went off, even though you were good to go after blood work, it will bite ya in the a$$ later. that leads to dep/anxiety/moodswings and LIBIDO ISSUES. BTW was it hypthyroid or hyperthyroid?
  7. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    if you were on thyroid meds and went off, even though you were good to go after blood work, it will bite ya in the a$$ later. that leads to dep/anxiety/moodswings and LIBIDO ISSUES. BTW was it hypthyroid or hyperthyroid?
    I had low thyroid/hypothyroid. But, that was yearsss ago.. I seriously haven't been on thyroid meds for probably almost 10 yrs. My symptoms have progressed significantly within the past 4-5yrs. But, the only reason my parents said I was even put on thyroid meds when I was a kid was because I wasn't growing.

    Anyway, I just had my blood drawn, will be interesting to hear the results. I will post them accordingly.
  8. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Ok, I finally got my results, and my doctor said I'm "fine" .. even though I am still experiencing the same feelings as before. This last blood test was taken at 7am .. it looks like my total test went up a little bit, but I believe everything is still on the low side, ESPECIALLY free test.. Thoughts/Suggestions/anything.. please, thank you.

    SHBG
    Rsl: 44, Unit nmol/L
    (Reference range: 11 to 80)

    Testosterone, Total
    Rsl: 563, Unit: ng/dL
    (Reference range: 400 to 1080)

    Testosterone, Bioavailable
    Rsl: 261.4, Unit: ng/dL
    (Reference range: 130.0 to 680.0)

    Testosterone, Free, CA
    Rsl: 89.9, Unit: pg/mL
    (Reference range: 47.0 to 244.0)

    Testosterone, Free
    Rsl: 4.7, Unit: pg/mL
    Reference Range:
    Males: (18-60yrs.old) = 6.2-28.1 pg/mL
    Female: (18-60yrs.old) = 1.2-6.6 pg/mL
  9. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    im in the SAME but worse situation according the blood tests.

    I'm 20. My sex drive is pretty high, but I don't have good energy, have to work HARD on getting bigger, and I dont sleep well. On top of that, I have mood swings randomly, and a poor outlook on life from what I used to feel like when I was 15.

    My total T hovers around 300ng/dl. My SHBG is 15. My Free T is at the rock bottom of the range. The only reason I think I look good and have a normal sex drive is because my Estradiol is also EXTREMELY low...12 last time I had it test.

    I have a Grade III varicocele of the left testicle and a sperm count less than 4million/ml. I think the varicocele is causing lower T and infertility. Im currently under care by Dr. C...he had me one a 10 week clomiphene citrate restart that boosted me to 500's. I felt way better, but its still only mid-way to what our age should be. I await my final blood test now, OFF clomid, to see what my T has returned too, before pursing TRT with Dr. C.

    I'm on the same fence as you....the range is 250-1200. Anywhere on the range is considered "normal". Therefore, its a guilty feeling to be on TRT if you are physically healthy and within range. Testosterone is very subjective in my opinion...I mean you can take someone with 1200 levels and give them 750mg/test-E and they'll feel "better". Any added testosterone will make you feel better. You will become hornier, stronger, and have a more alpha mentality/improved well-being. Medicine CANNOT define at what point those feelings should be attributed as normal for you. Theres no range for how much testosterone you should have to have an adaquate sex drive that pleases you. Every doc i've seen besides C has strongly agreed that 300's is NORMAL and because I feel okay, to "treat the patient, not the blood work". They want to prescribe sleeping pills and anxiety meds. However, I feel like I've been at a low T level for so long, that my body has adjusted to deal with the lack thereof. I believe the whole extremely broad range is bullsh*t.

    The downsides to TRT for our age is the infertility and hassle. However, I plan on trying TRT and seeing if the additional testosterone really helps me feel any improved. If its not significant, its not like I signed a dotted line stating I can never come off.

    The infertitlity side is always scary, but there are sperm banks that cost about 300/dollars a year. Once you have the fertility figured out, TRT could really be something awesome.

    Good luck to you man.

    If you decide to try it out, make sure your doc knows what he's doing. Shoot at least once a week if your are injecting. Use arimidex if estradiol is higher than mid 20's. HCG 3x week to preserve testicular size/function. Then "backfill" pathways with DHEA, pregnenolone, etc...
  10. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    im in the SAME but worse situation according the blood tests.

    I'm 20. My sex drive is pretty high, but I don't have good energy, have to work HARD on getting bigger, and I dont sleep well. On top of that, I have mood swings randomly, and a poor outlook on life from what I used to feel like when I was 15.

    My total T hovers around 300ng/dl. My SHBG is 15. My Free T is at the rock bottom of the range. The only reason I think I look good and have a normal sex drive is because my Estradiol is also EXTREMELY low...12 last time I had it test.

    I have a Grade III varicocele of the left testicle and a sperm count less than 4million/ml. I think the varicocele is causing lower T and infertility. Im currently under care by Dr. C...he had me one a 10 week clomiphene citrate restart that boosted me to 500's. I felt way better, but its still only mid-way to what our age should be. I await my final blood test now, OFF clomid, to see what my T has returned too, before pursing TRT with Dr. C.

    I'm on the same fence as you....the range is 250-1200. Anywhere on the range is considered "normal". Therefore, its a guilty feeling to be on TRT if you are physically healthy and within range. Testosterone is very subjective in my opinion...I mean you can take someone with 1200 levels and give them 750mg/test-E and they'll feel "better". Any added testosterone will make you feel better. You will become hornier, stronger, and have a more alpha mentality/improved well-being. Medicine CANNOT define at what point those feelings should be attributed as normal for you. Theres no range for how much testosterone you should have to have an adaquate sex drive that pleases you. Every doc i've seen besides C has strongly agreed that 300's is NORMAL and because I feel okay, to "treat the patient, not the blood work". They want to prescribe sleeping pills and anxiety meds. However, I feel like I've been at a low T level for so long, that my body has adjusted to deal with the lack thereof. I believe the whole extremely broad range is bullsh*t.

    The downsides to TRT for our age is the infertility and hassle. However, I plan on trying TRT and seeing if the additional testosterone really helps me feel any improved. If its not significant, its not like I signed a dotted line stating I can never come off.

    The infertitlity side is always scary, but there are sperm banks that cost about 300/dollars a year. Once you have the fertility figured out, TRT could really be something awesome.

    Good luck to you man.

    If you decide to try it out, make sure your doc knows what he's doing. Shoot at least once a week if your are injecting. Use arimidex if estradiol is higher than mid 20's. HCG 3x week to preserve testicular size/function. Then "backfill" pathways with DHEA, pregnenolone, etc...
    Why not find out why you are low then condemning your self to TRT.
    Look at the vast amount of factors from lifestyle, sleep patterns, nutrition, other hormonal imbalance. Jumping on TRT is premature and not what its all cracked up to be
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Why not find out why you are low then condemning your self to TRT.
    Look at the vast amount of factors from lifestyle, sleep patterns, nutrition, other hormonal imbalance. Jumping on TRT is premature and not what its all cracked up to be
    I have.

    Low LH, and with boosted LH from clomid for 3 months the numbers dont rise much, which means testicular dysfunction as well. Probably attributed to the large varicocele.

    Jumping on TRT is not premature. I've exhausted all methods possible besides HCG monotherapy. I've looked at diet, stress, sleep patterns. I've checked for sleep apnea. I've had thyroid panel etc...its low because its low.

    Its not like I could just take some DTHC and sleep better/eat better and some ZMA at night and have 800 level T.

    Seems to me, at this point, instead of wasting more time and money, I should get on testosterone injections for a month or two and see if I feel any significant changes. If not, then so be it, it might not be what its worth.
  12. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Ok, so according to my blood results, my free test level is very low.. Looking back over my blood work from the beginning of the year, when I ran a PH, my post-cycle SHBG level was 7, a week later it was 22, and now (months later) it is 44. My total test level stayed around the same range (500) the whole time (supposedly), but as for my free test level, that raises some questions.. On cycle, I felt GREAT (mentally, physically, strength/mass gains, concentration, confidence, etc).. Since my post cycle blood work showed my SHBG level at 7, wouldn't that mean my free test level should have been significantly elevated at that time? Unfortunately the doctor 'messed up' and couldn't get the test readings from that blood work, so I'll never know for sure.

    So that would mean, my total test level has been around the same this whole time, but perhaps my free test level has just dropped over time (due to who knows, a rise in estradiol, shbg, cortisol, etc). Therefore, the rise in free test would have been what made me feel ‘normal.’ And yea, I know, things are mental, but I am very good at distinguishing between something that’s working and something that isn’t.

    Thoughts?
  13. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    Ok, so according to my blood results, my free test level is very low.. Looking back over my blood work from the beginning of the year, when I ran a PH, my post-cycle SHBG level was 7, a week later it was 22, and now (months later) it is 44. My total test level stayed around the same range (500) the whole time (supposedly), but as for my free test level, that raises some questions.. On cycle, I felt GREAT (mentally, physically, strength/mass gains, concentration, confidence, etc).. Since my post cycle blood work showed my SHBG level at 7, wouldn't that mean my free test level should have been significantly elevated at that time? Unfortunately the doctor 'messed up' and couldn't get the test readings from that blood work, so I'll never know for sure.

    So that would mean, my total test level has been around the same this whole time, but perhaps my free test level has just dropped over time (due to who knows, a rise in estradiol, shbg, cortisol, etc). Therefore, the rise in free test would have been what made me feel ‘normal.’ And yea, I know, things are mental, but I am very good at distinguishing between something that’s working and something that isn’t.

    Thoughts?
    So did you have pre-cycle blood work...are you sure your low-T problems aren't related to improper recovery.

    SERMS will raise SHBG, AI's will lower SHBG. Aside from that, 44 is pretty high, and yes thats why you have low free T. You need to check estradiol (senstative or ulta-sensative) this could be higher causing the high SHBG. When was your cycle?
  14. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    So did you have pre-cycle blood work...are you sure your low-T problems aren't related to improper recovery.

    SERMS will raise SHBG, AI's will lower SHBG. Aside from that, 44 is pretty high, and yes thats why you have low free T. You need to check estradiol (senstative or ulta-sensative) this could be higher causing the high SHBG. When was your cycle?
    The way I feel now, is the same way I felt before I cycled. The same way I've felt for the past 3-5 years. My total T levels are very close pre-cycle to what they are now, so I'm not really questioning the recovery.
  15. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    The way I feel now, is the same way I felt before I cycled. The same way I've felt for the past 3-5 years. My total T levels are very close pre-cycle to what they are now, so I'm not really questioning the recovery.
    well then your SHBG maybe dropped from the anti-estrogenic properties of whatever compound you used?? who knows. thats weird.


    In medicine, low-T is determined according to Free-T. Some people do have very high SHBG, even higher than yours. They can have perfectly functioning testicles, perfectly high T levels...even much higher than yours, and still feel like crap because of the high SHBG and they require much larger amounts of TRT. I guess get down to figuring out why your SHBG is so high...once you solve this you will unlock a bunch of T.

    Something odd: my father had Total T in the 400's and High E, but lower SHBG...he got on TRT and his total T raised to 900 but his SHBG also went up incredibly high...haven't figured out what caused it yet, because his estradiol stayed the same. Thinking its related to his thyroid medicine.
  16. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    well then your SHBG maybe dropped from the anti-estrogenic properties of whatever compound you used?? who knows. thats weird.


    In medicine, low-T is determined according to Free-T. Some people do have very high SHBG, even higher than yours. They can have perfectly functioning testicles, perfectly high T levels...even much higher than yours, and still feel like crap because of the high SHBG and they require much larger amounts of TRT. I guess get down to figuring out why your SHBG is so high...once you solve this you will unlock a bunch of T.

    Something odd: my father had Total T in the 400's and High E, but lower SHBG...he got on TRT and his total T raised to 900 but his SHBG also went up incredibly high...haven't figured out what caused it yet, because his estradiol stayed the same. Thinking its related to his thyroid medicine.
    I'm considering experimenting with some natural compounds in order to free up some of my bound test. I just wonder if it would help enough also in the poor sexual performance department. I feel like I can never get fully hard, and if I can, it's only for a moment or 2. It's rare, and frustrating.

    I'm wondering about some sort of Chrysin, Divanil/Icarrin, Reversitol and ZINC combination.

    And this is where I am kinda sitting on the fence still.. I can try to do this the natural route, or just go through w/ the doc, trying to get him to fix it.. frustrating.
  17. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    I'm considering experimenting with some natural compounds in order to free up some of my bound test. I just wonder if it would help enough also in the poor sexual performance department. I feel like I can never get fully hard, and if I can, it's only for a moment or 2. It's rare, and frustrating.

    I'm wondering about some sort of Chrysin, Divanil/Icarrin, Reversitol and ZINC combination.

    And this is where I am kinda sitting on the fence still.. I can try to do this the natural route, or just go through w/ the doc, trying to get him to fix it.. frustrating.
    I dont think the natty stuff is going to do too much. Reversitol isn't natural, resveratrol is...reversitol has 2 ai's in it...that product may actually help.

    You sexual problem is because you free-T is low from the SHBG. Get that down and you'll feel different.
  18. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    I dont think the natty stuff is going to do too much. Reversitol isn't natural, resveratrol is...reversitol has 2 ai's in it...that product may actually help.

    You sexual problem is because you free-T is low from the SHBG. Get that down and you'll feel different.
    My bad, I meant resveratrol.. that being said, if you were in my shoes, what would you do? If your values were the same as mine.. As I said before, if my total test was around the same, the entire time (pre-intra-post cycle), but my SHBG was lower, thus making my free test higher, then it was the free test that had such a positive effect on my mood/cns/strength/size/etc.. It's almost like I am literally stuck between either being medicated professionally, or trying to do things myself. Damnit.
  19. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    My bad, I meant resveratrol.. that being said, if you were in my shoes, what would you do? If your values were the same as mine.. As I said before, if my total test was around the same, the entire time (pre-intra-post cycle), but my SHBG was lower, thus making my free test higher, then it was the free test that had such a positive effect on my mood/cns/strength/size/etc.. It's almost like I am literally stuck between either being medicated professionally, or trying to do things myself. Damnit.
    Well, I guess if you don't think this is related to your cycle, and its been like this for years, then maybe see a professional. However, not any professional. You need to find a good anti-aging doctor that will understand.

    I am in your shoes. I went to Dr. Crisler for help. Flight to michigan for a consulation and then appointments over the phone. Every other doctors I've been too doesn't know crap...they will just say "well all of your hormones are above the bottom of the range so we cant help you"

    I know how you feel. I'm awake right now because I don't sleep anymore after stopping clomid.

    If you don't feel normal, do whatever it takes to get right. Don't let ANYONE tell you that you are perfectly normal because your numbers check out. Although low-T feelings aren't life-or-death, they still make getting through each day alot tougher. It just makes life a true grind in general...I'd say instead of medicating yourself its time to see a professional.
  20. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    Well, I guess if you don't think this is related to your cycle, and its been like this for years, then maybe see a professional. However, not any professional. You need to find a good anti-aging doctor that will understand.

    I am in your shoes. I went to Dr. Crisler for help. Flight to michigan for a consulation and then appointments over the phone. Every other doctors I've been too doesn't know crap...they will just say "well all of your hormones are above the bottom of the range so we cant help you"

    I know how you feel. I'm awake right now because I don't sleep anymore after stopping clomid.

    If you don't feel normal, do whatever it takes to get right. Don't let ANYONE tell you that you are perfectly normal because your numbers check out. Although low-T feelings aren't life-or-death, they still make getting through each day alot tougher. It just makes life a true grind in general...I'd say instead of medicating yourself its time to see a professional.
    And see, that's where it gets tricky. I found a good anti-aging doctor, one that was referred to me by actually other users on the forums. I contacted the doc, sent him all my paper work and he said he's ready to treat me (after a few more tests). Then, I find out, of course, they don't work through insurance. It's like, every doc that actually knows **** about hormones, is an anti-aging doctor. And every anti-aging doc iv come across, doesn't work with health insurance companies.. So in other words, im screwed because im a college student w/ health insurance. Not a rich old man.
  21. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    And see, that's where it gets tricky. I found a good anti-aging doctor, one that was referred to me by actually other users on the forums. I contacted the doc, sent him all my paper work and he said he's ready to treat me (after a few more tests). Then, I find out, of course, they don't work through insurance. It's like, every doc that actually knows **** about hormones, is an anti-aging doctor. And every anti-aging doc iv come across, doesn't work with health insurance companies.. So in other words, im screwed because im a college student w/ health insurance. Not a rich old man.
    same situation...they dont take insurance. Why? Probably because the drug companies want money and don't want people actually being fixed through hormone correction. I don't know.

    My doc doesn't take insurance, BUT, my insurance company covers the drugs that my doc will prescribe. So, I won't have coverage for office vists, but insurance covers my lab work and will cover testosterone etc.

    Dr. C charges $600 1 time consulatation and then 65 dollars over-the-phone office follow up appointment. Copies of lab works etc are like 5 bucks. I can't say if its worth it or yet, but I should be on TRT soon or some plan of action. So far Iv spent for the consultation and 1 follow up....I should only need 1 to 3 more follow ups. Bottom line is I'm paying around 1000 for the doctor and insurance is covering the drugs.

    You need to at least have a doctor tell you what needs to be done...have him prescribe you etc. Then you can leave his practice if you want to order all the stuff on your own and self-medicate. However, I recommend professional opinion first.
  22. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    same situation...they dont take insurance. Why? Probably because the drug companies want money and don't want people actually being fixed through hormone correction. I don't know.

    My doc doesn't take insurance, BUT, my insurance company covers the drugs that my doc will prescribe. So, I won't have coverage for office vists, but insurance covers my lab work and will cover testosterone etc.

    Dr. C charges $600 1 time consulatation and then 65 dollars over-the-phone office follow up appointment. Copies of lab works etc are like 5 bucks. I can't say if its worth it or yet, but I should be on TRT soon or some plan of action. So far Iv spent for the consultation and 1 follow up....I should only need 1 to 3 more follow ups. Bottom line is I'm paying around 1000 for the doctor and insurance is covering the drugs.

    You need to at least have a doctor tell you what needs to be done...have him prescribe you etc. Then you can leave his practice if you want to order all the stuff on your own and self-medicate. However, I recommend professional opinion first.
    P.s. I should have said this earlier, but one of the other factors that is really making me weigh the pros and cons now of natural/herbal/legal self-medication vs perscribed doctor intervention is my current career goals. Within the next few years I might be starting a law-enforcement job, and I'm kind of sketched if a doctor decides to medicate me, that it will say on my medical records that I am dependent on some sort of hormone regulation or HRT/TRT. Im sketched out that the job I am persuing would look down on it, thinking I am dependent on something to function, when really I can get by without it. Maybe it's something I should jump head first into once im a bit more settled in my future? Its a cluster**** to say the least, hahah.
  23. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Don't you just love life sometimes, lol
  24. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well...if you want to waste more years of your young life with low libido and energy.

    IMO, nothing matter more than your health/well-being. Your body is the only thing that you actually own. Don't you want it to perform correctly asap? More power to you if you can hold off until after your get a job...I can't even wait another week.

    If you wanted to avoid problems with medical records, you could order the stuff overseas and do it all yourself off the books...yes this is illegal and goes against law enforcement lol.
  25. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Stuck inn a rutttttt.. hah.. Well, I have a lot of thinking to do.. Ugh
  26. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    Stuck inn a rutttttt.. hah.. Well, I have a lot of thinking to do.. Ugh
    well, you might as well pick up some IBE Formex (AI)...no harm in trying it out to see if it jumps up you libido... then you'll know if your high SHBG/libido issue is related to high estradiol.
  27. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    well, you might as well pick up some IBE Formex (AI)...no harm in trying it out to see if it jumps up you libido... then you'll know if your high SHBG/libido issue is related to high estradiol.
    I will definitely be giving this a try.. have you ever taken it before? I don't have to run it like an AAS correct (no pct, etc)? Thanks man.
  28. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    I will definitely be giving this a try.. have you ever taken it before? I don't have to run it like an AAS correct (no pct, etc)? Thanks man.
    no but taper down to 1per day before you come off completely.

    Like I said my father had estrogen pathway problems with Total T at 1200 and Free Test only mid range on TRT. His estradiol was in the 50's and he had no bloat/gyno. SHBG was 42. I told him to try formex, because the doc wouldn't prescribe A-dex. He was very skeptical, however after 2 weeks, he claims he feels like the "on-switch" flipped...no labs yet, but I'm assuming the SHBG and Estradiol went down significantly which shot the T way up.
  29. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    no but taper down to 1per day before you come off completely.

    Like I said my father had estrogen pathway problems with Total T at 1200 and Free Test only mid range on TRT. His estradiol was in the 50's and he had no bloat/gyno. SHBG was 42. I told him to try formex, because the doc wouldn't prescribe A-dex. He was very skeptical, however after 2 weeks, he claims he feels like the "on-switch" flipped...no labs yet, but I'm assuming the SHBG and Estradiol went down significantly which shot the T way up.
    AWESOME! Those are some really encouraging words.. especially since I know on cycle my shbg/estradiol levels were lower w/ a higher free test range. If formex actually does what it claims for me, then it could honestly solve all my problems. If I have the same feeling, I will definitely be happy enough to get labs done
  30. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    AWESOME! Those are some really encouraging words.. especially since I know on cycle my shbg/estradiol levels were lower w/ a higher free test range. If formex actually does what it claims for me, then it could honestly solve all my problems. If I have the same feeling, I will definitely be happy enough to get labs done
    well, whats not making sense tho, is why would you estradiol and shbg be so high at a young age?
  31. New Member
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    well, whats not making sense tho, is why would you estradiol and shbg be so high at a young age?
    No clue... :/
  32. New Member
    conwict's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    215
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.79%

    To the OP and monster...I think you should look at other things in your life, like stress and diet. Diet is huge. On davedraper.com's forums and wiki, a guy who recommends lifestyle changes over TRT has written a lot about this. Having T in the 500ng/ml range is definitely not going to make you depressed, etc, etc, and those sound like separate issues. As for you monster...dude, are you sure you aren't just kind of compulsive to some extent? I can be that way. Last time I read something you wrote it was basically "I gotta have that ON feeling, I want to try some real roids." I know what you mean, but are you sure you don't just miss that feeling and want to try TRT/HRT for that reason?

    I mean do what you want...but, I hope someone who reads this thread doesn't jump to the conclusion that TRT at 19-22 is a good idea just because a couple guys were discussing it.
  33. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    To the OP and monster...I think you should look at other things in your life, like stress and diet. Diet is huge. On davedraper.com's forums and wiki, a guy who recommends lifestyle changes over TRT has written a lot about this. Having T in the 500ng/ml range is definitely not going to make you depressed, etc, etc, and those sound like separate issues. As for you monster...dude, are you sure you aren't just kind of compulsive to some extent? I can be that way. Last time I read something you wrote it was basically "I gotta have that ON feeling, I want to try some real roids." I know what you mean, but are you sure you don't just miss that feeling and want to try TRT/HRT for that reason?

    I mean do what you want...but, I hope someone who reads this thread doesn't jump to the conclusion that TRT at 19-22 is a good idea just because a couple guys were discussing it.
    well, I definitely see your point. I'm not sure if I'm being compulsive or not...I've never tried TRT so I don't know if its all its cracked up to be considering my current test levels. However, the "on" feeling isn't going to come from 100mg/week of testosterone...all 100mg/week of TRT is going to do is make you feel like a 20 year old with very high test levels.

    You might have a point, as there might not be a big difference in life between my levels now and TRT. However, I do know that my father began TRT in the 400's, feeling stubborn about it and "fine, I don't need that stuff". Now thats hes on it, hes a completely changed man. He didn't know how much different he could feel.

    So, I'm not looking at TRT to have muscle growth/strength, its not going to work that way. It takes upwards of 300mg+/week of test to actually consider as a steroid cycle. I'm in search of better well-being, mood, outlook, energy, and libido because it feels like things are alot more flat, uninteresting, and negative to me than my mid-teen years.

    As far as the compulisve part, I do believe I'm a little compulsive about being unsatisfied w/ blood tests in the 300ng/dl and super low free-T. Its really kills your moral/motivation to know that you are on the very rock bottom end of the medical range that matter alot in life AND in the sport that you enjoy.
  34. New Member
    conwict's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    215
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.79%

    Good to see you looking at it from both angles. Best of luck.
  35. New Member
    DT5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    like i have said before. TRT doesnt have to be FOREVR. give it a shot for 4-6 monhts, then talk with your doc about establishing a baseline after you come off (with proper meds). these meds can be found in the form of research chemicals as well. come off, do a blood test 6 weeks after your PCT and then see what your test level is. I am going to be doing this soon. keep in mind im also 26. ive heard lots of people saying the test kick started them, and they didnt need to go back on. worth a shot. its not the end of the world to test out TRT, just my opinion.
  36. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    910
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    like i have said before. TRT doesnt have to be FOREVR. give it a shot for 4-6 monhts, then talk with your doc about establishing a baseline after you come off (with proper meds). these meds can be found in the form of research chemicals as well. come off, do a blood test 6 weeks after your PCT and then see what your test level is. I am going to be doing this soon. keep in mind im also 26. ive heard lots of people saying the test kick started them, and they didnt need to go back on. worth a shot. its not the end of the world to test out TRT, just my opinion.
    wait what? Test kickstarted them? So you mean test shut them all the way down and then they rebounded higher than before?

    I certainly believe in your opinion about trying it out. Theres no harm besides a rough PCT if you use test for 4-6months. A "trial" run seems absolutely senseful. I don't know why everyone acts like theres a contract to sign for the rest of your life. Plus, people act like TRT is going to make you feel god-like and addicted, and its not necessary at the young age because you won't want to go back. What they don't realize is, if you have correct T levels at a young age, TRT won't make you feel any different...maybe worse! The dosages are SO low compared to steroid cycle. Conversely, if your baseline is below average, you may feel god-like on TRT for sometime because you've never felt that great in your life. Correct me if I'm wrong?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. On the Fence about use
    By TrynaImprove in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in