Test booster for 47 yr old???

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
My uncle is 47 and has been bodybuilding since he was 17. I'm a ripe 20 years old, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could still kick my ass. He has never taken any supplements except for mere proteins and amino acids, but is now looking for an extra boost. Today he was talking to me about how he is getting discouraged because he can no longer make any gains, and is continually dropping in strength and muscle size- which he attributed to his dropping testosterone levels.:doh: He asked me to research a testosterone booster that would help him out. Can anyone recommend any good test boosters for a 47 year old? Also any suggestions about any type of supplement that would help him would be greatly appreciated!!

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
He should look into test replacement. I tried many,many test booster products and none did anything. I think once your over forty its time to look into something stronger.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I'm 46. Here are some of my milder favs.
Dermacriine, Sustain Alpha, Formestane ( never tried but about to), T11.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Not to plug hard but I have an extra bottle of dermacrine sitting next to me unused. Probably would be great for an older person. Got it for my step dad but he was like, "No, Im a big floppy vagina."

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 50 my gains are as good or better than they ever have been. I give a lot of credit to Formestane cuz I think blocking estrogen is key.. not to say anything about the libido boost. I am getting great results using the Asteroid stack and I am going to conitinue it on and off for the forseeable future. I think this combo should have him doing quite well.

Training style has altered somewhat, I opt for shorter more intense workouts but not too much failure training.

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
Have him get to the Doctor and do a Blood test to check his T levels. They have probably dropped off due to age. The Doctor can get him started on a Prescription to get him back up to normal levels (HRT).

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have him get to the Doctor and do a Blood test to check his T levels. They have probably dropped off due to age. The Doctor can get him started on a Prescription to get him back up to normal levels (HRT).
You could go that route I guess... I considered it and am glad I didn't as I have had great luck with herbals. Formestane alone could do wonders for him. With some of the other products I have been using I feel like I am 20 years younger. I think a lot of older guys respond very well to natual herbs and always think it's the frist thing you should try.

jpk

jpk

Awards
Make sure he gets the right blood test. Total test is only part of the story because most of it is bound by SHBG rendering it inactive. Get the "free test" levels as well. If these come out low, first have him try something like Divanil which competitively binds to SHBG leaving more free test active.

The other gauntlet test runs is an enzyme called aromatase. This converts test to estrogen. Unfortunately for us elderly flatulents, aromatase activity tends to increase with age. Fortunately, there's a lot of aromatase inhibitors available. I'm gonna agree with DreamWeaver here in plugging Formestane. You can get transdermal or oral now.

Finally, there's a lot of steroidal products out there that act like test for building muscle mass. They work, but you really need to research this stuff before taking it. I've grown very fond of Epithios (Epistane, etc.) and "the One." Consider a "pulse cycle" for any of these stronger anabolics for safety and retention of gains. Just my .02

jim623

I'm knocking on 45 and MFX/HX2 have done me well!

I just realized, I'm not 44 yet, I'm 43. Hell yeah, I've got another year to live.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I'm knocking on 45 and MFX/HX2 have done me well!
For sure, Mass FX and hyperdrol X2 will seriously increase your testosterone, increasing strength and mass gains and improving quality of life. Glad you liked it!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure, Mass FX and hyperdrol X2 will seriously increase your testosterone, increasing strength and mass gains and improving quality of life. Glad you liked it!
I liked HDX2 and even though I prefer to run formestane at 100 mg 3 times a week as a staple, I just think that any natural means to enhance results is preferable at our age. I also will reiterate that estrogen control is key...

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
He should look into test replacement. I tried many,many test booster products and none did anything. I think once your over forty its time to look into something stronger.
Bullshit, I am 52, and I don't need anything stronger to make gains. Recommending TRT without blood work is ludicrous.

You didn't mention his current condition. If he is overweight, the aromatase enzyme is going to kill what test levels he has.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
At 50 my gains are as good or better than they ever have been. I give a lot of credit to Formestane cuz I think blocking estrogen is key.. not to say anything about the libido boost. I am getting great results using the Asteroid stack and I am going to conitinue it on and off for the forseeable future. I think this combo should have him doing quite well.

Training style has altered somewhat, I opt for shorter more intense workouts but not too much failure training.
Hi how sre you using the formestane ED or EOD and at what dosage plz

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Bullshit, I am 52, and I don't need anything stronger to make gains. Recommending TRT without blood work is ludicrous.

You didn't mention his current condition. If he is overweight, the aromatase enzyme is going to kill what test levels he has.
Before embarking on TRT , bloodwork is taken to determine your level of test. It could be that although his levels are low , he still falls within the reference range supplied by the lab. In which case i doubt whether he would qualify for test replacement.
He should discuss this treatment with his doctor to get the ball rolling.If he doesnt qualify then the choices he has are endless

pcgizzmo

Awards
Blood Tests

Total T
Free T/Bioavailable T
E2
SHBG

If E2 is above 30 then some type of AI short term might help depending on the levels of Total and Free T.

If Total T is low then see a good Anti-aging Dr. and get on HRT. Some of the T boosters might help then again they could do more harm than good. At 47 he probably could use the real deal if low.

If he decides to use a Dr. make sure the Dr. is willing to get his Free T in the upper levels and manage E2 with an AI.

Paul

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Any reply?

found it 100mg 3 x a week=300mg total

seems high but if it works for you fair enough. If total per week is 300 mg then could you do 50 mg x6 days ? or is there some reason not to do that.

Last edited:
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am taking it 3 days a week 50 mg 6 am and 50 in the 6 pm usually Sunday Tuesday and Thursday. This is a great way to always get consistant results, I can run it as a staple and never have to increase the dose. I take a week off every couple months.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I am taking it 3 days a week 50 mg 6 am and 50 in the 6 pm usually Sunday Tuesday and Thursday. This is a great way to always get consistant results, I can run it as a staple and never have to increase the dose. I take a week off every couple months.
thanks i should give it a go really , i am on trt and i know my e levels are sky high , strange thing though ive no symptoms gyno etc so maybe im tolerant of e. the doc doesnt seem too bothered either but then bringing an AI into the treatment is unheard of in UK unless youcan get a private prescription from a very understanding doctor.

its hard without taking it to see how my body would benefit because of what i said earlier but i should try i guess just to see

your dosage -our we talking about formex by ibe here

Last edited:
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks i should give it a go really , i am on trt and i know my e levels are sky high , strange thing though ive no symptoms gyno etc so maybe im tolerant of e. the doc doesnt seem too bothered either but then bringing an AI into the treatment is unheard of in UK unless youcan get a private prescription from a very understanding doctor.

its hard without taking it to see how my body would benefit because of what i said earlier but i should try i guess just to see
I was hooked from the first dose practically... immediate libido boost, or defintiely in the first couple days. It hit fast just couldn't remember how fast. I use transdermal version. The oral IBE put out sounded good but it's not getting the same kind of feedback.

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
need
He is not overweight at all- still maintains his 6-pack. He also has an extremely clean diet.

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
Thanks for all your info guys! I showed this to my uncle and he was super excited about everyone's input. He decided he that is going to get blood work done first and then take it from there.

jsobloskya

Awards
how abour s-drol at 49? thats what im taking now...any advise..thanks guys.. some of you guys look pretty good at your age...

jsobloskya

Awards
one more...looking to lose 8 pounds...will s-drol help?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one more...looking to lose 8 pounds...will s-drol help?
Wow this is a pretty harsh product isn't it. You sure you want to do something like this at your age. I myself do not use any PH's or steroid poducts and have been able to steadily make decent gains just using herbal products. I know some older guys use things like epistane which is supposedly much less harsh than s-drol. These guys really know what they're doing for the most part. Doesn't sound like you fit into that category. You sound like a couple months more intensive research may do you some good.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Wow this is a pretty harsh product isn't it. You sure you want to do something like this at your age. I myself do not use any PH's or steroid poducts and have been able to steadily make decent gains just using herbal products. I know some older guys use things like epistane which is supposedly much less harsh than s-drol. These guys really know what they're doing for the most part. Doesn't sound like you fit into that category. You sound like a couple months more intensive research may do you some good.
Hi i follow your posts with interest cos you seem to be of my way of thinking.
I would be interested to know what products you have used and have been satisfied with them.

Thanks

jsobloskya

Awards
what'a you trying to pick a fight? go find a plan..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi i follow your posts with interest cos you seem to be of my way of thinking.
I would be interested to know what products you have used and have been satisfied with them.

Thanks
You can't go wrong with the Asteroid stack to my way of thinking. Diet is very important of course but the stack is so versatile. There a lot of good products but if I were to tell you that this is not the best products that I have had experience with I would be lying. Formestane is very key for us older folks and running it as a staple enables us to keep the estrogen down on a steady basis, believe me over the long haul this will pay off.

Some ... welll all of the USP powders are worth looking into as well. I like bulk Pslin for higher carb days. Herbal products have been improving a lot in the last couple years, I know there are skeptics but I don't really care about what other people think with the kind of success I am having. My gains are the best quality they have ever been.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
i'll add my two cents from the "Way Over the Hill" gang. When SD came out I did a half dozen cycles with it, with a whole battery of in-cycle and post-cycle therapy support. I even took a role in the biggest long running thread about SD posted over at BB. I stopped using it and then one day along came two great, great products both ideal for older lifters, Epistane and Formastane. I used/use both separately and stacked and love the resuilts. They cut down my E, inversely upping my T and they do a great job of protecting my prostate from PC. They are IMHO very, very mild and seniors friendly, better said true senior's friends. While I cycle these, I throw in my steady use of my Creatine/L-Arginine/Beta-Alanine stack, add my 200 mg of DHEA and I am one happy puppy. Of course I am sure at my age (67+) I probably can't expect to keep up my current 9 year streak of increasing my strength every year for more than say......another 9 or 10 years before I start to level off. Staying active and very strong thoughout my 70's and into my 80's now seems legitimately possible. So tell that 47 yr old youngster to get his butt in gear and he can probably double his strength by the time he reaches my age. The only limit is his desire and dedication. Viel Glueck!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i'll add my two cents from the "Way Over the Hill" gang. When SD came out I did a half dozen cycles with it, with a whole battery of in-cycle and post-cycle therapy support. I even took a role in the biggest long running thread about SD posted over at BB. I stopped using it and then one day along came two great, great products both ideal for older lifters, Epistane and Formastane. I used/use both separately and stacked and love the resuilts. They cut down my E, inversely upping my T and they do a great job of protecting my prostate from PC. They are IMHO very, very mild and seniors friendly, better said true senior's friends. While I cycle these, I throw in my steady use of my Creatine/L-Arginine/Beta-Alanine stack, add my 200 mg of DHEA and I am one happy puppy. Of course I am sure at my age (67+) I probably can't expect to keep up my current 9 year streak of increasing my strength every year for more than say......another 9 or 10 years before I start to level off. Staying active and very strong thoughout my 70's and into my 80's now seems legitimately possible. So tell that 47 yr old youngster to get his butt in gear and he can probably double his strength by the time he reaches my age. The only limit is his desire and dedication. Viel Glueck!
a very encouraging read-keep it up.

By the way did you take Formestane with DHEA I understand this can convert to test or estrogen or both. Am i right?

Thanks

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I liked HDX2 and even though I prefer to run formestane at 100 mg 3 times a week as a staple, I just think that any natural means to enhance results is preferable at our age. I also will reiterate that estrogen control is key...
Hey Dream....I'mjust ordering Formestane. How many squirt is 100 mgs anyway and which do you prefer, Form from cel or bulk Form with penetrate from NP, I understand the bulk version has 5 grams vs 3 grams from Cel. Does this mean the 5 grams should last longer thus better value. Also wondering if you have used T-911 also a Anti-estrogen with rave reviews.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Dream....I'mjust ordering Formestane. How many squirt is 100 mgs anyway and which do you prefer, Form from cel or bulk Form with penetrate from NP, I understand the bulk version has 5 grams vs 3 grams from Cel. Does this mean the 5 grams should last longer thus better value. Also wondering if you have used T-911 also a Anti-estrogen with rave reviews.
There are banned substances in T-911 I believe so if I want to compete naturally I should avoid it.

I use both CEL and the bulk version. I didn't mix it Steveo did or I probably would just have waited for the CEL version. I believe 4 squirts = 100 mg of CEL version. The bulk will last longer and I measure it with an oral syringe. It's just over 2.2 ml = 50 mg so about 4.4 ml for 100 mg.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Just got my T-911, formestane (cel) and bulk. Along with other goodies. Dosed 2 pills preworkout & felt little more focused maybe. Will report back little later with the Test boosting results.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got my T-911, formestane (cel) and bulk. Along with other goodies. Dosed 2 pills preworkout & felt little more focused maybe. Will report back little later with the Test boosting results.
Shouldn't be long before you get a significant libido boost....

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
Hey guys my uncle got his results from his blood test and his total testosterone measured 289 ng/dL and free testosterone is 10.4 pg/mL.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NO single (or a stack) of OTC test boosters will come close to the effects that clomid will,at 25mg ED.Present a doc with the proper research and he'll write you a script for clomid as TRT.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
NO single (or a stack) of OTC test boosters will come close to the effects that clomid will,at 25mg ED.Present a doc with the proper research and he'll write you a script for clomid as TRT.
What about AI's like Formestane or T-911? These are getting tons of positive reviews for boosting Test.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey dutch, glad to hear you are doing so well. btw do you cycle the 200mg of dhea or is that your daily dose?

Aubb

Awards
I'm 56 and started working out again,this discussion is of much interest to me.
I bought some p6 extreme black before I did much research,been on it about 2 weeks now.
I think an estro blocker is something I will look into,and a better test booster.
Any good advice is welcome.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
ISA-TEST gf

hands down the best out there.

long story short, ive gone round and round looking for the best test booster, spent a lot if money, this is it. The 'go to the gym!' feeling alone keeps you in the zone, you'll smash your work and get promoted, and the missus will wonder who the hell you are.
im not gonna bother with anything else again, ever, its all bunk or mild. This has estrogen reduction, test boosting and targets your gonads to work overyime

justmechillin

I'm 56 and started working out again,this discussion is of much interest to me.
I bought some p6 extreme black before I did much research,been on it about 2 weeks now.
I think an estro blocker is something I will look into,and a better test booster.
Any good advice is welcome.
This looks very interesting, I haven't tried it "yet" but will..... http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/lecheek-nutrition/t-x3-180-caps.html

I'm liking BSN Axis-HT, but it doesn't have a "strong" ai in it. Whoever wrote the crappy review about AXIS-HT must be a sales rep from another company, or has "end organ failure" between his legs... No BS!

Toff

Awards
  • Established
This looks very interesting, I haven't tried it "yet" but will.....

I'm liking BSN Axis-HT, but it doesn't have a "strong" ai in it. Whoever wrote the crappy review about AXIS-HT must be a sales rep from another company, or has "end organ failure" between his legs... No BS!
Thats like daa and erase in one bottle. Let me know how you get on

justmechillin

Thats like daa and erase in one bottle. Let me know how you get on
Exactly, and a good price for 2 bottles... I'm already taking DAA and Erase now, or would have already ordered 2.... I see that there are already some good ratings... ;-)