Advice!!!

  1. Registered User
    slacker86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    boston
    Age
    28
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    487

    Advice!!!


    If there was any advice you would give someone younger about bodybuilding or just life in general.. what would it be?

  2. Registered User
    Filthy McNast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Greenville, North Carolina
    Age
    46
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    104

    Never, Never, under any circumstances whatsoever get married. BJ's are out the window and even missionary position is few and far between. Stay single and hire out a a surrogate to bear your children.
  3. Registered User
    supac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    utah
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    75

    great advice LOL sad but true
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by slacker86 View Post
    If there was any advice you would give someone younger about bodybuilding or just life in general.. what would it be?
    Bodybuilding is a very dangerous sport which tinkers with a person chemistry.
    Alot of BB due to stress of todays life and the stress of working out are ending up with hormones issues. Back in the day when we came off cycles we did not have to deal with half the crap that people have to deal with today so we recovered quicker. For christ sakes doing a simple Prohormone cycle guys are crashing from because of the stress and demand that are put on people today.
    Use common sense and if it seemd to go to be true then its not.

    As for women well they are the root of all evil and to prove it how many countries have gone to war in history because of them..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,396
    Rep Power
    684917

    Avoid drugs they simply are not necessary. Patience and knowledge .... it takes a) to get b). Learn about your body, how it reacts to different stimuli.. become an expert on you.

    Women... don't get too caught up in appearance.. look for a good heart in a body you can live with...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  6. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNast View Post
    Never, Never, under any circumstances whatsoever get married. BJ's are out the window and even missionary position is few and far between. Stay single and hire out a a surrogate to bear your children.
    i just got married 3 weeks ago.....

    on the issue of marriage, or monogomy etc. - true or false, it is fair that if you aren't getting it at all at home you have the green light to get it somewhere else? Note, i said this to my wife long before we got married and she said she agreed 110%.... so i married her.
  7. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Board Sponsor
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,347
    Rep Power
    1318

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    i just got married 3 weeks ago.....

    on the issue of marriage, or monogomy etc. - true or false, it is fair that if you aren't getting it at all at home you have the green light to get it somewhere else? Note, i said this to my wife long before we got married and she said she agreed 110%.... so i married her.
    Hint..........if you aren't getting any, you must be doing something wrong.
  8. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,396
    Rep Power
    684917

    Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Hint..........if you aren't getting any, you must be doing something wrong.
    That is true.. not necessarily in the bedroom. It's a lot about how well there treated and how much you show them in the way of affection. .. emotional creatures women...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Hint..........if you aren't getting any, you must be doing something wrong.
    Agree 100% - no question. But it goes both ways. If the passion dies then the relationship does too. Just cause i'm married now doesn't mean i'm going to stop trying to look good for her, etc. - and vice versa. I mean, we've been living together for 5 years so its not like we haven't seen each other in our worst forms - sick, hungover, depressed, whatever - but overall you can't become complacent.
  10. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    and i tell you something else - if i dont feel like im at my best, like if i feel out of shape or not bringing my A-game - then i'm totally disinterested. So if a guy's not getting any it isn't necessarily his fault. But at the same time, if it is his fault - if he's not doing it for his girl - then she's got the right to go elsewhere to get what she needs IMO. Like i said, if you arent getting it at home, you should be able to get it somewhere else.
  11. 1HP
    1HP is offline
    Registered User
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    625

    Dont do steroids, not worth it.
  12. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    small town Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4884

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    i just got married 3 weeks ago.....

    on the issue of marriage, or monogomy etc. - true or false, it is fair that if you aren't getting it at all at home you have the green light to get it somewhere else? Note, i said this to my wife long before we got married and she said she agreed 110%.... so i married her.
    And you believed her..SUCKER!! this thread is full of great advise for young people if they are part of the Manson family. I live by the motto "happy wife happy life". My wife is my queen and as such I spoil her, and trust me she responds very favorably to being treated well, if I approached my wife with this macho bravado she would have me sleeping on the couch with Rosy Palmer and her 5 sisters.
    In terms of advice to young bodybuilders I would say you must be patient and consistent it takes time and dedication.
  13. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    And you believed her..SUCKER!! this thread is full of great advise for young people if they are part of the Manson family. I live by the motto "happy wife happy life". My wife is my queen and as such I spoil her, and trust me she responds very favorably to being treated well, if I approached my wife with this macho bravado she would have me sleeping on the couch with Rosy Palmer and her 5 sisters.
    In terms of advice to young bodybuilders I would say you must be patient and consistent it takes time and dedication.
    i guess bro.... some women like the husband to wear the pants in the relationship and some like the pants themselves. Anyway... I don't know how much computer time you're allow to have but you better get back to your wife before you end up on the couch tonight. (hope you know im just ribbing ya - i know who calls the shots really, which is why I'm not yet driving that harley I've been wanting)

    Good advice for bb.
  14. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    small town Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4884

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    i guess bro.... some women like the husband to wear the pants in the relationship and some like the pants themselves. Anyway... I don't know how much computer time you're allow to have but you better get back to your wife before you end up on the couch tonight. (hope you know im just ribbing ya - i know who calls the shots really, which is why I'm not yet driving that harley I've been wanting)

    Good advice for bb.
    I counted on people ripping me actually so it's ok. I used to try to have that i wear the pants mentality but it never worked real well as my wife is to intelligent and strong willed to be dominated like that. We have both learned to give and take and marriage requires a lot of that to succeed.
    Actually it's my kids who put a time limit on my computer time " Daddy I need the computer"
  15. Registered User
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    "THE COAL REGION"..PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49613

    for a young bb. be your own doctor, know what works for you and why. Do not try tolift more weight ( one rep bench of 375lbs) 3 -4 reps of 65lb dumbells for curls to impress anyone..YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF!! if not now, it'll bite ya in the a$$ in your 30's. (elbow pain..lower back pain..wrist pain)

    Steroids do not mix with wife and kids. Too much agression and too much time staking and timing..ect

    NEVER..NEVER..EVER..lay a hand on your wife or any female, no matter how bad they pi$$ you off. Punch a hole in the wall before her. Pu$$y-a$$ cowards hit women. IMO any girl/woman who is assulted has the right to pump lead in the dude's A$$.

    Always make time for your children. It goes FAAAAST! seems like yesterday i was rockin my newborn girl to sleep..now she's 6 goin on 15. In the past year she went from being a little girl asking "why"? "how come"? to saying i want an i-pod at the mall because so and so has one. now the word "stupid and shut up " comes out of her mouth. It ends right there. I let her know i'm always there and will do ANYTHING for her..but rude dispalys of manners will not be tolerated.

    Start planning for retirement NOW. i dont care if your 18 or 22. The future isnt to promising (Soc.sec) I started at 23y/o and now at 35y/o i have..$$$$ alot. Always better yourself...take pt classes or a trade in addition to your job..ya never know!! I have a "blue coller" job in a mill (descent $$) just got an assoc. degree in bus management and also a CDL....I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A JOB at least i hope..lol

    good luck in your future endeveurs!!
  16. Registered User
    shortstop1616's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    159

    Please give yourself plenty of time to develop. As a high school freshman I was 135 lbs and as a senior 165lbs and now over 200 lbs. Size and strength will come with time. Follow a program with proper progression. Don't just jump into heavy lifting. Start with the basic and build proper form. If you play a sport work on your speed and agility. If your interested in starting a resistance training program there are plenty of options here
  17. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    I counted on people ripping me actually so it's ok. I used to try to have that i wear the pants mentality but it never worked real well as my wife is to intelligent and strong willed to be dominated like that. We have both learned to give and take and marriage requires a lot of that to succeed.
    Actually it's my kids who put a time limit on my computer time " Daddy I need the computer"
    I hear you and I think perhaps my previous statement was misunderstood. I've never tried to dominate my wife (nor would I want to). We are equals. I was simply saying that sex should not be a weapon that is withheld to pressure one person into doing something nor given as a bribe to coerce an action.

    My wife is a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and was just asked (after the wedding photos came out) to model evening gowns and wedding dresses. So, needless to say, she is no push-over. She is quite strong willed and I value having a partner who is so strong.
  18. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    for a young bb. be your own doctor, know what works for you and why. Do not try tolift more weight ( one rep bench of 375lbs) 3 -4 reps of 65lb dumbells for curls to impress anyone..YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF!! if not now, it'll bite ya in the a$$ in your 30's. (elbow pain..lower back pain..wrist pain)

    Steroids do not mix with wife and kids. Too much agression and too much time staking and timing..ect

    NEVER..NEVER..EVER..lay a hand on your wife or any female, no matter how bad they pi$$ you off. Punch a hole in the wall before her. Pu$$y-a$$ cowards hit women. IMO any girl/woman who is assulted has the right to pump lead in the dude's A$$.

    Always make time for your children. It goes FAAAAST! seems like yesterday i was rockin my newborn girl to sleep..now she's 6 goin on 15. In the past year she went from being a little girl asking "why"? "how come"? to saying i want an i-pod at the mall because so and so has one. now the word "stupid and shut up " comes out of her mouth. It ends right there. I let her know i'm always there and will do ANYTHING for her..but rude dispalys of manners will not be tolerated.

    Start planning for retirement NOW. i dont care if your 18 or 22. The future isnt to promising (Soc.sec) I started at 23y/o and now at 35y/o i have..$$$$ alot. Always better yourself...take pt classes or a trade in addition to your job..ya never know!! I have a "blue coller" job in a mill (descent $$) just got an assoc. degree in bus management and also a CDL....I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A JOB at least i hope..lol

    good luck in your future endeveurs!!
    all good advice. reps for that.
  19. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    small town Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4884

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    I hear you and I think perhaps my previous statement was misunderstood. I've never tried to dominate my wife (nor would I want to). We are equals. I was simply saying that sex should not be a weapon that is withheld to pressure one person into doing something nor given as a bribe to coerce an action.

    My wife is a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and was just asked (after the wedding photos came out) to model evening gowns and wedding dresses. So, needless to say, she is no push-over. She is quite strong willed and I value having a partner who is so strong.
    I hear ya man as a rule I'm not a big fan of extortion/blackmail especially as pertains to intimacy in a marriage. Bad idea.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 12:14 AM
  2. Need sum help are advice!!!!!!!
    By BxDoZa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
  3. Mass stack advice for hair advice
    By Cupcakemafia in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 01:25 AM
  4. i need some advice, alots of advice
    By GENO0125 in forum Pics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
  5. Hey bro's need some advice bad???
    By Thaiwarrior26 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in