45 and want to bulk

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%

45 and want to bulk

I have been out of the body building scene for many years and my once bulk body has slipped. i want to bulk up and maybe even tone. what do you recomend. legal or not

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%

I would start off with something light - Novadex XT and obviously get the diet and training on target. From there you can't go wrong with Epistane.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MDHawk View Post
    I would start off with something light - Novadex XT and obviously get the diet and training on target. From there you can't go wrong with Epistane.
    I agree. I am 40, been training seriously for 6 yrs. I have always had difficulty gaining mass unless I eat, eat, eat, and then eat some more.

I started with a test booster after 2 yrs time after using creatine regularly. This yr I tried epi and had some great strength gains, size is still tough unless I get my cals. Take it slow so that your joints are OK and you build the skeletal muscle and stabilizers, then you can handle the big stuff.

:bb3:

Oh, 6'0 and 240, definitely wait on anything like epi. Get in the best shape you can and then try it. Get your diet in check and training set. Get the bodyfat down first.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

6'/240lbs? Bulk up?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%

I missed that. I WISH I was 6' 240 !!!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%

thanks

thanks guys for the great advise. i placed my order today and lookforward in the training. will keep ya posted on the results.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%

I've always been told that you can't bulk up and cut at the same time-----also that between 30 and 60 years of age we lose half of our natural test and half of natural hgh----
    also that using OTC's boost your test for only a few hours- and then it falls and you suffer a estrogen rebound because as your test levels rise -so do your estrogen levels-- I prefer to self medicate using some test- four months on-two months off-also hcg one day a week-arimadex when my nipples itch- and nolvadex when i come off----i am 59 years old and have been doing this cycle for the last ten years.....my sex drive is like when i was 30-35 years old-- i know the young guys laugh ---but the older dudes know what i'm talking about.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.19%

Seems riskier than crap to me - just my two cents. Estrogen is nasty stuff to a middle aged male. I hope you guys are all monitoring it...
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.49%

I'm 40 and just getting back to my regular workouts after a couple of injuries, then a bout of laziness over the holidays, and a recent bad cold turned sinus infection.

I have quite a few supplements in my stash, so far I've only been taking Neovar and Regenesen.

I might do epistane or H drol soon, I have both, just holding back.

Getting the calories is a bit difficult for me, I just can't eat a lot, but I get at least one weight gainer shake and/or protein shake most days, along with meals.
    Since I burn calories rather quickly, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I lost 12 lbs in one week, so I'm hoping after bulking the excess weight will fall off.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%

Quote Originally Posted by BignBad View Post
    Seems riskier than crap to me - just my two cents. Estrogen is nasty stuff to a middle aged male. I hope you guys are all monitoring it...
    .....most of it you can feel........and as far as risk.......life is a gamble...
    don't hold your breath waiting for help trying to stay as healthy and strong as possible ........as you age you'll find out that doctor's won't help you...
    they don't know anything ......they are only in it for the money....
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%

Quote Originally Posted by BignBad View Post

by the way.....have you ever heard of Proviron?.....in this country you're
    not going to hear your doctor talk about it ......its legal in 38 countries .. but not here....its all red tape......F.D.A....and doctors won't help you if they can't peddle it for a buck........
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.41%

Im 47 and my goals have shifted from bulking up to staying lean, hard and cut. doesn't seem like carrying around the extra bulk is necessarily a good thing as you get older. but i guess its a personal preference. have run furazadrol solo and it sliced and hardened me up nice. will probably run it with Prime next month...

anyway, OP, good luck...
  13. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    .....most of it you can feel........and as far as risk.......life is a gamble...
    don't hold your breath waiting for help trying to stay as healthy and strong as possible ........as you age you'll find out that doctor's won't help you...
    they don't know anything ......they are only in it for the money....
    Sad but true!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.81%

Quote Originally Posted by stosh517 View Post
    Im 47 and my goals have shifted from bulking up to staying lean, hard and cut. doesn't seem like carrying around the extra bulk is necessarily a good thing as you get older. but i guess its a personal preference. have run furazadrol solo and it sliced and hardened me up nice. will probably run it with Prime next month...

anyway, OP, good luck...
    Same here im 46 and i still have males and females telling me that im 30 - 34.
    love it and im proud to tell them im 46 ,
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%

i don't worry about the males..........only the females......lol
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.81%

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    i don't worry about the males..........only the females......lol
    true , but i work construction and lots of old folks call me kid and i would tell them im the same age as you lol, females, yeh i always stuck with the young 34 ones. which is kinda cool
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%

gettin old ain't so bad.....esp. when you consider the alternative......yuk..yuk...
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40%

Hey Guys I'm relatively new to the forum, Anyway I workout regulary with split routine
    with cardio every other day (30-40) mins., after lifting, I'm 6'2" 235, 46
    Bench is 275x1
    Sqaut 315 x2
    deadlifts for me are not a option screwed my back all to hell, went down a flight of stairs
    and got a little nerve damage but nothing I can't handle on a daily basis. But when I DL, I can hardly move the next day.
    I would guess my BF% around 15%
    Just want to put on a little upper body size and trim the waist, anygood sups recommended would be great. I've been looking at Hdrol any suggestions on this?
    My diet is pretty good not to much junk I drink well over a gallon of water pretty regulary
    I've been using meth-1D recently and it was ok just cycling off that right now.
    Anyway you get the idea.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.74%

If your gym has a HammerStrength Seated Triceps Pushdown you might want to try building up on that on your Arm days. I get great arm, upper back and upper chest results from it. Now you have to work up to going heavy but it does pay off. Likewise I highly recommend working up to 6 sets of pullups, you can start assisted if needs be. Target getting to 2 sets of wide grips, 2 of front grips and two of parallell grips. I aim for 13 reps per set and afterwards I not only feel pumped I can see my upper body growing every week. Oh yeah I'm pushing 68 and it still works for me. Good Luck.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

I'm 49 and have been on trt for 3 years with a blast a time or 2 a year[500 test 300 deca]. Keep an eye on my blood pressure and blood work, so far no worries. I take sawpalmetto and an over the counter anti E. You only go around once and I'm going to feel good and look good while I'm here. I might get hit by a truck tomorrow. Good luck to all.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

There are plenty of good herbal supplements that work very well for older folks..

I have bulked (not intentionally) to around 250 at 5' 11" and am reasonably lean. I have to give props to Prime and some other herbals I have used. I see no need to use anything stronger.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
  22. mikinTx

Great thread! Was starting to feel like bulking at age 51 wasn't realistic. Just fired up my motivation all over again! Thanks bruthas.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mikinTx View Post
    Great thread! Was starting to feel like bulking at age 51 wasn't realistic. Just fired up my motivation all over again! Thanks bruthas.
    It's a brave new world, the rules have changed...
  24. mikinTx

That's definitely been my philosophy DW!
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

Quote Originally Posted by mikinTx View Post
    That's definitely been my philosophy DW!
    Yah it's hard to deny when you see the results.. so many good products now...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 09:24 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 08:56 AM
  5. BULK v Cut, cutbulk bulkcut bulk bulk bulk!!!
    By polski_69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 06:19 PM