50 year old and H-drol....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    50 year old and H-drol....


    So here is the question... my dad is a 50 year old. about 5'9-5'10 trying to reach 190 like he was back when he was around my age. he has past AAS use and is looking for something to help him gain around ten pounds. I gave him igf-2 to take, but he has been reading about H-drol and is somewhat interested.


    I told him I am willing to help him out with this, but im not sure which is best for his age. igf-2 or h-drol? I told him he needs Cycle assist and Post cycle support so he knows this. He also takes 50mg of DHEA a day. What would you all recommend?

    if Hdrol, what dosage per week would be best for his age?


    Thanks guys, tex
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html

  2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    I'd say assuming his liver is ok and he'll abstain from drinking that it shouldnt be a significant issue. I dont think age makes a huge difference as far as dosing goes so probably i'd minimally expect 75mg for 6 weeks for a good solid cycle.

    the IGF-2 is better for him of course, almost no odds of having sides and all, but halo tends to be mild
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1140844

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    So here is the question... my dad is a 50 year old. about 5'9-5'10 trying to reach 190 like he was back when he was around my age. he has past AAS use and is looking for something to help him gain around ten pounds. I gave him igf-2 to take, but he has been reading about H-drol and is somewhat interested.


    I told him I am willing to help him out with this, but im not sure which is best for his age. igf-2 or h-drol? I told him he needs Cycle assist and Post cycle support so he knows this. He also takes 50mg of DHEA a day. What would you all recommend?

    if Hdrol, what dosage per week would be best for his age?


    Thanks guys, tex
    IMO HUUGGGEE diff between hdrol and IGF 2. Both have there advantages. I personaly love h drol at 100-150 but with your dad id say start at 50mgs and see how he feels/responds and adjust accordingly.

    I think the real question is whether or not he wants to stay natty or use a designer.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    Got me thinking, it might be worthwhile depending on what sort of health insurance he has to see about getting testosterone levels checked and all, see if he qualifies for TRT. If he does, use that as cruise levels, and just pick up some extra to do a short cycle upfront.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    IMO HUUGGGEE diff between hdrol and IGF 2. Both have there advantages. I personaly love h drol at 100-150 but with your dad id say start at 50mgs and see how he feels/responds and adjust accordingly.

    I think the real question is whether or not he wants to stay natty or use a designer.
    I know there is a different. one is a prohormone, one is not. He is not all natural as i stated, he has past AAS use of one cycle Dbol and winni. So that is not of question. so yall would recommend 50/50/50/75/75 ? Along side cycle assist 8 caps daily and then Post cycle support starting 5th week so PCT is fairly simple. I was actually planning on advising him to run igf-2 along side PCS
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  6. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1140844

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    I know there is a different. one is a prohormone, one is not. He is not all natural as i stated, he has past AAS use of one cycle Dbol and winni. So that is not of question. so yall would recommend 50/50/50/75/75 ? Along side cycle assist 8 caps daily and then Post cycle support starting 5th week so PCT is fairly simple. I was actually planning on advising him to run igf-2 along side PCS

    I know you know the diff bro, i wasnt questioning that lol. Im just saying in general it depends if he wants to cycle or not. If he doesnt mind then id say the hdrol will definately produce much better results to get him back to the 190 mark where he wants to be.

    Running IGF2 alongside the PCS would be a good idea for sure.

    Also the dosages you have outlined sounds good as well. hdrol is mild really so id save the cycle assist until PCT unless he experiences blood pressure problems.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  7. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    alright sounds good. Haha i just showed him this thread now he is making a username. finally i dont have to ask for him haha. but is his DHEA at 50mg a day good to take still with this H-drol?
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    oh for sure, he could even go up to 100-150. make sure he keeps saturated fat intake up too, particularly as a fun bit for an older guy have him stick relatively low fat for most meals but take a tablespoon of coconut oil sometime late eventing (like after 9pm)
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1140844

    Like Easy said the DHEA would definately add some benefit and he could even increase it while on the Hdrol.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  10. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    ok sounds good because he loves DHEA. he took some with novedex xt about a month ago and swelled up then he got off and was pissed because he said it felt like he was juiced
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    hmm then maybe something else might be enough, something like diesel test hardcore. something that will give him the feel, whether or not it gains him a bunch of mass.

    How much is he looking to gain?
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    ideally hit 200, but realistically he is looking to hit 190 so about 5-10 Lbs. He asked about M-drol but i pushed him away from that because i dont think its a good idea to start him on that after being away from aas for 20 years
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  13. Registered User
    50GoingStrong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    70

    Thanks for all the info, I'm a new member on AnabolicMinds and all the info has been really helpful, my son has gotten me back in the gym a year ago, feeling great and surprised how fast results started coming back. Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.
  14. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1140844

    Quote Originally Posted by 50GoingStrong View Post
    Thanks for all the info, I'm a new member on AnabolicMinds and all the info has been really helpful, my son has gotten me back in the gym a year ago, feeling great and surprised how fast results started coming back. Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.


    I agree! Never to old to get back in the gym!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  15. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    ok now that he is a member he can ask whatever he needs haha.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  16. Banned
    still alive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    So here is the question... my dad is a 50 year old. about 5'9-5'10 trying to reach 190 like he was back when he was around my age. he has past AAS use and is looking for something to help him gain around ten pounds. I gave him igf-2 to take, but he has been reading about H-drol and is somewhat interested.


    I told him I am willing to help him out with this, but im not sure which is best for his age. igf-2 or h-drol? I told him he needs Cycle assist and Post cycle support so he knows this. He also takes 50mg of DHEA a day. What would you all recommend?

    if Hdrol, what dosage per week would be best for his age?


    Thanks guys, tex
    DHEA should be dosed at 150-200mg. a day.and most give you the crappy part of the plant...as long as diet and training are in check..your dad should get good results...
  17. Registered User
    Dutchman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Villages Fl.
    Age
    72
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    519

    I know I sound like a broken record on this but you need to check out Epistane. It works, and has no noticable sides if done on a pulse system. You don't need a crash 5 week program after being out a while. Do an Epi cycle for 10 weeks and you will get all the size and strength gains without messing up the boys. Well, your libido may well increase but you'll have to live with it. Workout recovery ability wanes as we age, so think about doing a Creatine (I prefer CEE) - Beta-Alanine stack or at least running that when your cycle is over. Welcome back to the rest of your life. Viel Glueck!
  18. Registered User
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 50GoingStrong View Post
    Thanks for all the info, I'm a new member on AnabolicMinds and all the info has been really helpful, my son has gotten me back in the gym a year ago, feeling great and surprised how fast results started coming back. Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.
    Welcome aboard! Theres a place in your profile where you can put your age, it may help get a better response quotient, Personally I dont think Dhea should be taken for long periods of time because it can shut you down and it lessens the immune boosting effect. I also dont think you need more than 25 mgs daily of any oral androgen. Transdermals are a different situation you could try the new 1-T from PP along with their TRS There is a non-methyl called 19-Norandrosta that is mild yet result producing. I hope that helps.
  19. Registered User
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 50GoingStrong View Post
    Thanks for all the info, I'm a new member on AnabolicMinds and all the info has been really helpful, my son has gotten me back in the gym a year ago, feeling great and surprised how fast results started coming back. Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.
    I agree, its muscle memory and getting it back is great. Keeping it is worth the time and effort.
  20. Registered User
    RobMusta's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    88

    im excited to hear your progress with the h-drol cycle. you should keep us updated with any sides, progress/gains, from the cycle. my father is also looking to run something and he is 51. im going to have him refer to this, hes excited as well to hear from someone running this at this age. good luck!
  21. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    alright guys I'm not sure when my dad is starting on this. but Im going to tell him to update for you all. He was tired of reading the 'your 51 your old quit lifting crap' haha
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  22. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    684916

    I just think that there are a lot of natural supps that work very well for older guys. I got more out of Prime than I ever did out of Halodrol but I never used more the 50mg a day of Halodrol and I am a very postitive Prime responder.

    Tex with your knowledge of natural supps I would think you could get something together that works for him. Halo may not be very harsh but it does shut you down and I am not so sure it is easy on the prostate. Saw palmetto to combat prostate problems ? I know it helps some but... I guess what I am saying is why risk it if you don't really have to.

    That being said if I were to use something right now I think it would be Epistane as there are some older guys on here that swear but it. For me it's just not worth it though. I was natural till I was 45 then did some experimenting and now Natural again... natural is better. For me anyway...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  23. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I just think that there are a lot of natural supps that work very well for older guys. I got more out of Prime than I ever did out of Halodrol but I never used more the 50mg a day of Halodrol and I am a very postitive Prime responder.

    Tex with your knowledge of natural supps I would think you could get something together that works for him. Halo may not be very harsh but it does shut you down and I am not so sure it is easy on the prostate. Saw palmetto to combat prostate problems ? I know it helps some but... I guess what I am saying is why risk it if you don't really have to.

    That being said if I were to use something right now I think it would be Epistane as there are some older guys on here that swear but it. For me it's just not worth it though. I was natural till I was 45 then did some experimenting and now Natural again... natural is better. For me anyway...

    Yeah I have some prime that he asked about using. but he read about Halo and was more interested in it.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  24. Registered User
    DSMPOWERTSI's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jackson, NJ
    Age
    27
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    132

    I agree with Knowbull, maybe he should check out 1-T. You say that he loves DHEA and there is a large dose along with other anabolics that will aid in muscle growth. He can run a 6 weeker without having the stress on his liver, like he would with the H-Drol (even with support supps). I personally ran 50/50/75/75/75 on H-Drol and thought it was a waste of time.
  25. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    Quote Originally Posted by DSMPOWERTSI View Post
    I agree with Knowbull, maybe he should check out 1-T. You say that he loves DHEA and there is a large dose along with other anabolics that will aid in muscle growth. He can run a 6 weeker without having the stress on his liver, like he would with the H-Drol (even with support supps). I personally ran 50/50/75/75/75 on H-Drol and thought it was a waste of time.
    Hmm well hopefully he hasnt started it yet...Im not sure because Im up at my apartment still. Is it ok to bridge the 1-t with H-drol?
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  26. Registered User
    DSMPOWERTSI's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jackson, NJ
    Age
    27
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Hmm well hopefully he hasnt started it yet...Im not sure because Im up at my apartment still. Is it ok to bridge the 1-t with H-drol?
    If he has already started it and wanted to use the 1-T, it would probably be best to just stack them. Using H-Drol for 5 weeks than another 4-6 on 1-T probably would be too long of a cycle IMO.
  27. Registered User
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0

    Anything longer than 6 wks is not prudent.
  28. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Board Sponsor
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,347
    Rep Power
    1318

    Quote Originally Posted by 50GoingStrong View Post
    Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.
    +2 Absolutely. There are alot of jacked guys 50 and older. Muscle maturity is a wonderful thing.
    Reps!
  29. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    alright guys i talked to him earlier today. I didnt ask him about his weight. but he said his strength is pretty much the same. his arms are up 1/4 inch already but he said he thinks its muscle memory
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  30. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    alright guys i talked to him earlier today. I didnt ask him about his weight. but he said his strength is pretty much the same. his arms are up 1/4 inch already but he said he thinks its muscle memory

    Hey Tex! How did your dad's H-dro or 1-T cycle go? I am 46 yrs old and about to order some H-drol. Was curious how his cycle went? Did he run 1 or 2 bottles? Did he try the the 1-T or not. I have heard mixed reviews on it re: cost VS results factor. Was considering the 1-T but switched back to H-drol idea since hearing mostly great things about it. I have run Epi and used Dermacrine and loved both. Supps seem to be a waste of $$$$ for me. Maybe i am a non responder. :
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 15 Year Old on H Drol!!!!
    By Lou villian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:04 PM
  2. H-DROL cycle critique - been researching for over 1 year
    By wolfpack9035 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 05:21 AM
  4. Firsh H-drol/P-plex cycle[17 year old]
    By MTG in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.